1. Post #1
    April 2010
    254 Posts
    Now, I know that this will most likely have a very simple answer, but I have only just started with hosting servers on Linux (Ubuntu) and therefore know very little of the set up and how it all works

So the server runs perfectly, addons all load fine, lua scripts work, players can join etc..
    However, I seem to be experiencing some problems with my modules; I require tmysql, cryptopp and gatekeeper for a few of my scripts and addons, although each time I start the server, I simply receive:
    Lua initialized (Lua 5.1)
    ERROR! Module 'tmysql' not found!
    ERROR! Module 'cryptopp' not found!

Similarly, gatekeeper could not be found. That was, however, until I found gmsv_gatekeeper_linux.dll
    I had been wondering whether the linux modules were different, and I am assuming that they are (considering a linux version has allowed the module to begin working)

So my question is, are there linux versions of cryptopp and tmysql?
    I have seen on the GMod Modules svn, .lib files and others, so if you would mind telling me what I require (with a download link if possible please), then it would be much appreciated :)

Also my modules are currently set up as the following, please say if there is anything wrong with them:
    root -> orangebox - libmysql.dll
    -> garrysmod -> lua -> includes -> modules - gm_cryptopp.dll
    - gm_tmysql.dll
    - gmsv_gatekeeper_linux.dll
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2

October 2011
    140 Posts
    You downloaded the wrong module. A linux module would be an .so file.
    .dll is for windows.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

3. Post #3
    April 2010
    254 Posts
    You downloaded the wrong module. A linux module would be an .so file. .dll is for windows.
    That's what I thought... until the .dll gatekeeper_linux module worked on linux (I know it was edited but it's still a .dll file)

Also do you have any links for the .so files please?

4. Post #4
    Pimpin' Member
    September 2008
    630 Posts
    Have you tried this?
    http://code.google.com/p/gmodmodules...ysql_linux.dll

I don't know about cryptopp though.

5. Post #5
    April 2010
    254 Posts
    Have you tried this?
    http://code.google.com/p/gmodmodules...ysql_linux.dll

I don't know about cryptopp though.
    Thanks, I couldn't find a linux version of tmysql (maybe because I was looking in tmysql2 before :L ) so I'll try it out in a bit

Edited:

Right, I installed gm_tmysql_linux.dll and deleted the old gm_tmysql.dll
    However, I got the following error:
    error loading module 'tmysql' from file '/home/max/orangebox/garrysmod/lua/includes/modules/gm_tmysql_linux.dll':
    libboost_thread-mt.so.1.38.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

6. Post #6
    IS AWESOME@@@@@@@@@@

January 2009
    968 Posts
    You downloaded the wrong module. A linux module would be an .so file.
    .dll is for windows.
    Linux GMod modules have to have the dll extension too. They're just renamed so files.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    April 2010
    254 Posts
    So by updating the boost files on the linux server, the error has now changed to:
    error loading module 'tmysql' from file '/home/max/orangebox/garrysmod/lua/includes/modules/gm_tmysql_linux.dll':
    libmysqlclient.so.16: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

Help would be much appreciated with this :(

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,447 Posts
    So by updating the boost files on the linux server, the error has now changed to:

Help would be much appreciated with this :(
    now you need the 32bit libmysqlclient binaries since the 64bit ones cannot be used