1. Post #41
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    1,926 Posts
    i get my ass handed to me EVERY TIME I play star ruler or SoASE. I suck at them but hot damn do I love them.

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,239 Posts
    I'm actually decent at SOSE, but that's just because I'm a backstabbing bastard in that game.

3. Post #43
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    5,947 Posts
    I think my two favourite 4X games might just be Swords of the Stars and Master of Orion 2. Not played SOTS2 yet though. If you ignore the crappy interface and godawful voice acting then SOTS is a much better game than Sins of a Solar Empire IMHO
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    1,482 Posts
    Did like aurora, it really could do with some good tutorials though

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    1,035 Posts
    Abaut to try play Space empires V after a friend who plays even more RTS games than me suggested it do me.(he also bought me SEV)

This is possibly one of the largest most convoluted 4X games of all time. I have it myself, but I'd be damned if I could figure out the thing.

And I'm a massive Civ / Starcraft / Dawn of War / RTS in general fan too. The fact that this game can be confusing to someone like me is just baffling.

Ahahaha like Sins is even a real X4 game real funny. Try playing Galciv2 or Sword of the stars.

Shit should post a review or something on the old Sots since i love this game.

6. Post #46
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    19,369 Posts
    If I had a copy handy, i'd love to boot up Civilisation 2 again. I used to play that quite a bit when I was a kid.

7. Post #47

April 2011
    33 Posts
    I just found something interesting
    http://www.freeorion.org/index.php/Main_Page
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #48
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,802 Posts
    Does Star Ruler have homeworld style 3D motion?
    Yes

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,234 Posts
    Instant buy.

10. Post #50
    August 2010
    6,943 Posts
    Added some games to the list and gave wrote down a minor review for them.

11. Post #51
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    421 Posts
    I think my two favourite 4X games might just be Swords of the Stars and Master of Orion 2. Not played SOTS2 yet though. If you ignore the crappy interface and godawful voice acting then SOTS is a much better game than Sins of a Solar Empire IMHO
    SotS2 was really buggy on release, but so far it's been patched almost weekly and it's improved a lot. It's a hell of a lot different than Prime and really complex, though.

12. Post #52
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    13,875 Posts
    Apparently you guys think Sins is easy.

I play Solar Empire and think that's easier.

I guess I'm crazy.

13. Post #53
    February 2011
    1,959 Posts
    There's a really good GalCivsII AAR which I totally recommend reading, here it's:

oops not that one, this one: http://www.computerandvideogames.com...1-26/?site=pcg

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,239 Posts
    I just played GalCivsII for the first time.

I just went with the difficulty it gave me and it was ridiculously easy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #55
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    13,875 Posts
    Anyone want to play some Sins of a Solar Empire with me? If you do, just PM me and I'll set up a chat room so we can all play.

16. Post #56
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    1,035 Posts
    try playing on ALL normal AIs or higher and you will get destroyed. The AI on galciv2 when turned up to normal or higher is god dam brilliantly evil sometimes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Estonia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

17. Post #57
    August 2010
    6,943 Posts
    Yeah, I should have mentioned that the AI in GCII is really damn good. They are really challenging and smart.

18. Post #58
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    13,875 Posts
    What the hell are you talking about, they just sit there with their thumbs up their asses until I send my fleet of-

Oh. OH. OH.

19. Post #59
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,979 Posts
    Anyone here ever played Shores Of Hazeron? Simply put it has really, really ugly graphics and bare bones gameplay , but has a lot of potential and is very addictive. It's as far to an 4X MMO you can get.

20. Post #60
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    13,875 Posts
    Anyone here ever played Shores Of Hazeron? Simply put it has really, really ugly and bare bones gameplay , but has a lot of potential and is very addictive. It's as far to an 4X MMO you can get.
    Tried it, was very bland. Didn't like it too much.

But I can see how it can have some appeal though.

21. Post #61
    August 2010
    6,943 Posts
    By the way if you want more informations about new releases and other infortmative articles, check this site out!

www.spacesector.com

22. Post #62
    I spent 10$ and all i got was this lousy title.
    June 2008
    5,229 Posts
    whenever i play Star ruler even on the easiest difficulty i get my ass handed too me, still love it though.

23. Post #63
    May 2008
    1,120 Posts
    This starjack game that's being advertised on space sector looks fucking amazing.

24. Post #64
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    1,910 Posts
    Someone link us to a good Aurora tutorial series or something. I tried that game and, if Dwarf Fortress was hard for me, I dont even know what I thought after an hour on Aurora.
    It is really simple once you learn how to actually use the interface honestly although its really fun.