1. Post #401
    August 2009
    8,425 Posts
    So superstepa want to share a cataclysm map?

2. Post #402
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    7,419 Posts
    Man, there weren't even NPCs last time I played Cataclysm. It was basically about wandering and fighting zombies until you died. And guns were basically a form of suicide, since they invariably attracted an insurmountable horde of zombies. Eventually I got bored of the game and just went around setting everything on fire in every new life.
    The guns? Shit, everything's a form of suicide in that game. Spend more than ten minutes on the far outskirts of the closest city rummaging through two houses, bam 30 deep zombie horde. No window breaking, no throwing or anything. Just suddenly zombie horde.

3. Post #403
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,827 Posts
    So superstepa want to share a cataclysm map?
    Sure, just send me your email and I'll invite you to the dropbox folder

4. Post #404
    Fabulous!
    April 2010
    6,483 Posts
    Oh, nice. There's a Tiles version of Cataclysm.

5. Post #405
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,827 Posts
    Npc's in cataclysm have a really specific sense of humor
    The first npc in the shelter gifted me a lit stick of dynamite

Edited:

I just realized that the spawn location in cataclysm is random now
    There goes my plan on raiding a nearby lab
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

6. Post #406
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    7,943 Posts
    If it's anything like previous versions, you end up spawning in the same shelter within several rerolls, or at least in a nearby one. Though maybe not anymore; I'm still waiting for it to download on my slow as shit internet.

7. Post #407
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,827 Posts
    In cataclysm, don't you just hate when stupid squirrels jump on your landmines alerting every zombie in the 50 mile radius
    Everything was perfect, no zombies, good tools and a companion. Then a squirrel jumps on a landmine and I am instantly getting devoured by a zombie horde
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

8. Post #408
    Fabulous!
    April 2010
    6,483 Posts
    How do you talk to NPCs in Cataclysm? I haven't managed to find any mention of it in Help menu.

9. Post #409
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,827 Posts
    How do you talk to NPCs in Cataclysm? I haven't managed to find any mention of it in Help menu.
    C
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #410
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    7,943 Posts
    Holy shit, giant worms are terrifying!

11. Post #411
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    7,943 Posts
    So I just spawned, walked for about 2 minutes, found some scientists and a bottle of mutagen. Drank it, and I got straight to chitinous plate! Is it possible to view your armour and stuff? I want to see how effective it is.

12. Post #412
    Fabulous!
    April 2010
    6,483 Posts
    So I just spawned, walked for about 2 minutes, found some scientists and a bottle of mutagen. Drank it, and I got straight to chitinous plate! Is it possible to view your armour and stuff? I want to see how effective it is.
    Your mutations are displayed in @ menu, under Traits.

I wandered into the Lab and found Mutagen Bottle, which turned me into a clumsy slug...and that was on an agile traceur character, who got royally fucked over by that mutation.

Edited:

I just found out that you can get endless amount of items by asking the first NPC you meet for equipment, he never runs out of items to give.

13. Post #413
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    7,943 Posts
    Fucking hell I love mutations. I died on my previous run (a great deal easier than I would have liked), but soon after I got into another science lab, scoffed a couple of mutagens, and got hollow bones, adrenalin, and very fast healing. I'm too quick for anyone to catch up with me, but if something does go wrong, I can just run back to my lab and sleep for a heal. To give you an example, I just got chased by some a horde in the dark, accidentally stepped on a landmine, had 8 health left on my torso. Game over, I thought, until I remembered I had adrenalin, so I could still outrun the horde and escape back to my lab and heal myself back to full health. It's ridiculous!

Edited:

Just ate a couple of legs, now I have regeneration, bahaha. For once I'm playing a roguelike and it's not trying to punish me.

Edited:

Mkay I definitely spoke to soon! I stupidly forgot that I was still in excrutiating pain from the night before, and died to a single lowly skeleton because I was too slow to run away and they're too motherfucking difficult to hit. Now I'm sad.

Although I was just given an awl pike from the starting NPC.

14. Post #414
    Fabulous!
    April 2010
    6,483 Posts
    Although I was just given an awl pike from the starting NPC.
    Starting NPCs give endless amount of items and can give you pretty much anything. I've got a Railgun from one recently.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #415
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    7,943 Posts
    Starting NPCs give endless amount of items and can give you pretty much anything. I've got a Railgun from one recently.
    I tried that, they eventually run out whenever I try, though?

16. Post #416
    Fabulous!
    April 2010
    6,483 Posts
    I managed to get around 250 units of items and then got bored and killed him.
    Even if it's not endless it's still quite broken.

17. Post #417
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    7,419 Posts
    Aww... I was playing Cataclysm, found a bunch of dead soldiers. Ended up with a kevlar vest, army helmet and pants, silenced .45 with an extended clip and some small other stuff from them. It started raining acid on me so I took off to a nearby hardware store. Found a backpack, equipped it, and the game crashed. I'm sad, I was doing really well.

18. Post #418
    August 2009
    8,425 Posts
    NPCs actually can run out its just that they have tons of stuff.

Edited:

In cataclysm, don't you just hate when stupid squirrels jump on your landmines alerting every zombie in the 50 mile radius
    Everything was perfect, no zombies, good tools and a companion. Then a squirrel jumps on a landmine and I am instantly getting devoured by a zombie horde
    While you have been thriving I have been making characters every two minutes blowing up gas stations and throwing pipe bombs into military compounds.

Culling the zombie population...

One.. Molotov... At a time.

19. Post #419
    thread killa
    May 2010
    959 Posts
    Your mutations are displayed in @ menu, under Traits.

I wandered into the Lab and found Mutagen Bottle, which turned me into a clumsy slug...and that was on an agile traceur character, who got royally fucked over by that mutation.
    You can chug down bottles of purifier to remove mutations, but I think it also takes away positive ones.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #420
    Fabulous!
    April 2010
    6,483 Posts
    I'm so damn used to nice and comfortable controls of roguelikes like Crawl and ToME that Cataclysm's UI and controls make me cringe.
    I'm still gonna play it though because damn, it's the best zombie roguelike ever.

21. Post #421
    August 2009
    8,425 Posts
    I'm so damn used to nice and comfortable controls of roguelikes like Crawl and ToME that Cataclysm's UI and controls make me cringe.
    I'm still gonna play it though because damn, it's the best zombie roguelike ever.
    I like cataclysm's UI more than other rougelikes.

22. Post #422
    September 2010
    6,583 Posts
    I haven't even played Cataclysm yet. Time to fix that. Wish me luck!

Edited:

Holy shit, how do I even put a backpack on. When I hit 'w' and try to equip it, it just puts it in my hands, so I can bludgeon zombies to death with a backpack.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #423
    January 2008
    48 Posts
    W is wear, w is wield.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #424
    June 2010
    1,781 Posts
    So I found a MASSIVE complex under a lab in cataclysm and while I'm exploring it my flashlight runs out of batteries and, being stupid, I forgot to find more. Then I see the icons indicating that I can hear things moving around near me.

Also had a schizophrenic attack while fleeing a zombie horde. My schizophrenia always kicks in at the worst times. Having your mother chase you surrounded by zombies is not a pleasant experience.
    In my most recent file when I died I had 1900 batteries (not including the 100 in my flashlight). I just emptied out every flashlight I saw by wielding them, then pressing U to unload them.

Edited:

Cataclysm update posted:
    Amigara Fault event fixes--you probably won't be trapped forever anymore.
    Amigara Fault? Like... THAT Amigara Fault?!

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #425
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    766 Posts
    Don't know if anyone saw this but Elona has been updated http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...%2C+Shotgun%29
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

26. Post #426
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,827 Posts
    Don't know if anyone saw this but Elona has been updated http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...%2C+Shotgun%29
    Oh god, yes

27. Post #427
    thread killa
    May 2010
    959 Posts
    I just emptied out every flashlight I saw by wielding them, then pressing U to unload them.
    My coilgun-and-taser wielding scientist would have survived so much longer if I knew this was possible.

28. Post #428
    June 2012
    477 Posts
    Does Elona now have a control configuration directory?

29. Post #429
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,827 Posts

Amigara Fault? Like... THAT Amigara Fault?!

Edited:
    Possibly
    That would be really awesome

30. Post #430
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    7,419 Posts
    Oh fuck, I remember that. That creeped me out.

31. Post #431
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,827 Posts
    Cataclysm have been ported to android
    You need to use terminal emulator to run it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #432
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,718 Posts
    Elona has been updated?
    What?
    But how?
    Never mind that, fuck yes!
    Yes!
    YYESSSSSSS!
    YYYYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

33. Post #433
    August 2009
    3,950 Posts
    has anyone here ever played prospector?
    it's kinda extremely unstable and crashes a lot, but I love it

34. Post #434
    Fabulous!
    April 2010
    6,483 Posts
    Where do I find English version of updated Elona? Everywhere I look are just Jap versions.

35. Post #435
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,718 Posts
    It's the one in the article, when you launch the game you get to choose between moonspeak and english
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

36. Post #436
    June 2010
    1,781 Posts
    Possibly
    That would be really awesome
    Fuck, it IS that amigara fault. I just used debug mode and I was able to spawn an Amigara Monster, which fit the description exactly.

Edited:

It said you could combine ammonia and bleach, but I didn't know how, so I tried to 'a'ctivate the bleach. My guy drank it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #437
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    9,265 Posts
    What I really want is an English changelog for this new Elona.

38. Post #438
    June 2010
    1,781 Posts
    Elona has been updated?
    What?
    But how?
    Never mind that, fuck yes!
    Yes!
    YYESSSSSSS!
    YYYYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!
    Shena's ass is the best

Edited:

You could bounce a quarter off of Shena's ass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

39. Post #439
    June 2012
    477 Posts
    has anyone here ever played prospector?
    it's kinda extremely unstable and crashes a lot, but I love it
    I have.

I really hope creativity doesn't run out for the staff developing Elona, it can go far if they push it forward.

40. Post #440
    August 2009
    8,425 Posts
    Fuck, it IS that amigara fault. I just used debug mode and I was able to spawn an Amigara Monster, which fit the description exactly.

Edited:

It said you could combine ammonia and bleach, but I didn't know how, so I tried to 'a'ctivate the bleach. My guy drank it.
    You probably has to pour out both bottles into the same area and then fill it back up with a new bottle(?)

I will probably just check the wiki.

Edited:

Actually it says the are both used in crafting ingredients for make-shift teargas grenades.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)