1. Post #201

July 2008
    135 Posts
    Cheers for the ideas, everyone.

Most melee weapons (hammer, axe, etc) are going to be usable for their normal purpose. You can craft with them, but you can also swing them too

That's good. The one thing I've always hated about Half-Life 2 is that they turned the crowbar from a tool into a weapon. Walk around in the Plaza on a HL2RP server with a crowbar and you'll get amputated.

"But officer, I was just going to open a crate!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

2. Post #202
    diaoyudao shi ZHONGGUO de
    December 2007
    4,056 Posts
    El Broken Planko

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

3. Post #203
    I'm the only black guy on The Internet huh?
    March 2012
    860 Posts
    El Broken Planko
    I like the sound choices for the wooden plank. Is there going to be sort of gore system? Like per-say some thing sharp would cause more blood, and gore than something dull. Or is such a thing just not possible with source?1
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #204
    December 2007
    4,056 Posts
    Yeah but for lag's sake it's limited to a bit of blood from sharp objects

5. Post #205
    March 2012
    860 Posts
    Yeah but for lag's sake it's limited to a bit of blood from sharp objects
    I understand that much, but great work so far. I really plan on hosting this at some point. I mean honestly, this looks source mod worthy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #206

July 2008
    135 Posts
    The second GMod 13 comes out and someone puts up a server running Vein, I'm going to play the shit out of it.

I'm really excited for this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

7. Post #207
    December 2007
    4,056 Posts
    this looks source mod worthy.
    [SUB][SUB][SUB][SUB][SUB]You can donate if you want[/SUB][/SUB][/SUB][/SUB][/SUB]

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

8. Post #208
    We Are No Idiots
    March 2010
    4,729 Posts
    You take left over brain chunks?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #209
    December 2007
    4,056 Posts
    So there's a survival manual item, could be a diary, military survival, etc, whatever you feel like. The best text (any length) to be PMed to me gets put into it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #210

July 2008
    135 Posts
    So there's a survival manual item, could be a diary, military survival, etc, whatever you feel like. The best text (any length) to be PMed to me gets put into it.
    I'm going to do this I'll probably PM you something in a few days. If I don't it means I've given up which is pretty likely because I have a pretty poor work ethic :v
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #211
    Pycские Идиот
    June 2010
    2,536 Posts
    why not have it so when it's loading the normal items read a set of text files full of item data, then create them into items on the script startup?

oops, this was a response to the "on the fly item creation" that person mentioned.

12. Post #212
    December 2007
    4,056 Posts
    Text files are bad news to have as default - if you look in the gm13 subforum, garry's disallowed text files from addons/gamemodes

13. Post #213
    February 2009
    1,357 Posts
    Text files are bad news to have as default - if you look in the gm13 subforum, garry's disallowed text files from addons/gamemodes
    Really? I can't seem to find any thread in there where he says that. Could you point me to where I can find more info on this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

14. Post #214
    Pycские Идиот
    June 2010
    2,536 Posts
    El Broken Planko

cat spatula

15. Post #215
    December 2007
    4,056 Posts
    Really? I can't seem to find any thread in there where he says that. Could you point me to where I can find more info on this?
    Workshopper thread in gm13 board

16. Post #216
    December 2007
    4,056 Posts

Books!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Useful Useful x 2Winner Winner x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #217
    Please waste more of your money changing this title again.
    August 2005
    6,784 Posts
    I'm awaiting getting a copy of the Lusty Zombie-an Walker.

Don't disappoint me, Disseminate.

18. Post #218
    March 2012
    860 Posts
    You might want to consider creating a single player version of Vein. I could definitely help on any voice acting you'd want done or modeling. I think with GMOD 13, it allows us to make source mod feeling game modes that give us a lot more opportunity and freedom to work with rather than the conventional source mod.

19. Post #219
    December 2007
    4,056 Posts
    I'm awaiting getting a copy of the Lusty Zombie-an Walker.

Don't disappoint me, Disseminate.

Edited:

You might want to consider creating a single player version of Vein. I could definitely help on any voice acting you'd want done or modeling. I think with GMOD 13, it allows us to make source mod feeling game modes that give us a lot more opportunity and freedom to work with rather than the conventional source mod.
    I'll probably just end up adding support for it and custom entities in maps and whatnot

ie, custom campaigns map designers can make
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #220

July 2008
    135 Posts
    i give up this is impossible idk what to write sorry if i let you down lol :v i hate writing :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #221
    March 2012
    860 Posts

I'll probably just end up adding support for it and custom entities in maps and whatnot

ie, custom campaigns map designers can make
    I like that idea, I don't know if you'll like this idea, but one thing I would like are food stashes. I'm not sure if you like this idea, I'm taking some ideas from Dead Island. I would definitely love to see people role playing as police, and firemen and mechanics and such, stuck and having to work together with their skills. I can already see this as a great gamemode.

22. Post #222
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,953 Posts
    You should take out paragraphs of the Max Brooks'es zombie survival guide
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #223
    December 2007
    4,056 Posts
    I like that idea, I don't know if you'll like this idea, but one thing I would like are food stashes. I'm not sure if you like this idea, I'm taking some ideas from Dead Island. I would definitely love to see people role playing as police, and firemen and mechanics and such, stuck and having to work together with their skills. I can already see this as a great gamemode.
    I'll add food stash as a container type (never played dead island).

Edited:

I'd rather have any zombie guides as more handwritten stuff and general survivalist guides as books - more realistic that way.

24. Post #224
    December 2007
    4,056 Posts

Align-to-ground feature

25. Post #225
    October 2009
    5,758 Posts
    pure and SEXY win.... out of curiosity may i ask how did you got the glow thing on props working?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Venezuela Show Events

26. Post #226
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    I have that book. It's so badass.

Oh yes, and umm...

Where do we put the MySQL information (password, username, hostname, etc)? I don't know if that part is even done, but I would like to know where to put it if it is.

27. Post #227
    December 2007
    4,056 Posts

Where do we put the MySQL information (password, username, hostname, etc)? I don't know if that part is even done, but I would like to know where to put it if it is.
    It's SQLite. No mysql required. I'm actually going to make support for MySQL right now for multi-server stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #228
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts

It's SQLite. No mysql required. I'm actually going to make support for MySQL right now for multi-server stuff.
    Ah, sweet. Also, I'd like to join your server but it says it's full/not responding depending on if I'm trying to connect through GMod or Steam. Just thought I'd let you know.

29. Post #229

January 2012
    19 Posts
    Do you do the animations for the weapons yourself? The broken plank seems kinda weak. Not much power in the swing at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #230
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    Umm... when I start up a server it gives me the following error:

Couldn't include file 'vein\gamemode\cl_init.lua' (File not found) (<nowhere>)
    [cpp] Couldn't Load Init Script: 'vein/gamemode/cl_init.lua'

Any help?

31. Post #231
    December 2007
    4,056 Posts
    Ah, sweet. Also, I'd like to join your server but it says it's full/not responding depending on if I'm trying to connect through GMod or Steam. Just thought I'd let you know.
    Yeah it's down right now, let me bring it up

Do you do the animations for the weapons yourself? The broken plank seems kinda weak. Not much power in the swing at all.
    No, they're crowbar animations actually if you look closely.

Umm... when I start up a server it gives me the following error:

Couldn't include file 'vein\gamemode\cl_init.lua' (File not found) (<nowhere>)
    [cpp] Couldn't Load Init Script: 'vein/gamemode/cl_init.lua'

Any help?
    GMod 13?

32. Post #232

July 2008
    135 Posts
    Will there be anything scripted that will be used as a general currency, or will players have to ICly choose an item to use as a kind of currency eg. cigarettes.

If the latter, what kind of items do you have like cigarettes that would\could be used as a currency (eg. small un-fabricatable items like in Fallout, bottle caps, or stuff like that you know)

33. Post #233
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    Yeah it's down right now, let me bring it up

No, they're crowbar animations actually if you look closely.

GMod 13?
    Yeah, I have GMod 13.

34. Post #234
    December 2007
    4,056 Posts
    Will there be anything scripted that will be used as a general currency, or will players have to ICly choose an item to use as a kind of currency eg. cigarettes.

If the latter, what kind of items do you have like cigarettes that would\could be used as a currency (eg. small un-fabricatable items like in Fallout, bottle caps, or stuff like that you know)
    There's no currency. If you want to suggest a prop to itemize, go for it.

Yeah, I have GMod 13.
    How are you loading the gamemode? Did you checkout the svn correctly?

35. Post #235
    Dennab
    May 2010
    1,020 Posts
    There's no currency. If you want to suggest a prop to itemize, go for it.

How are you loading the gamemode? Did you checkout the svn correctly?
    Yeah, I checked out the SVN correctly. Also, I added you on Skype. Maybe this would be easier if I talked to you on there.

36. Post #236
    taste the salty dong
    September 2009
    1,822 Posts
    Why are you so good Disseminate?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

37. Post #237
    December 2007
    4,056 Posts
    Yeah, I checked out the SVN correctly. Also, I added you on Skype. Maybe this would be easier if I talked to you on there.
    You probably added the wrong skype account, PM me

Why are you so good Disseminate?
    Lots of practice + hard work + dedication + passion

38. Post #238
    March 2012
    860 Posts
    You probably added the wrong skype account, PM me

Lots of practice + hard work + dedication + passion
    Disseminate Appreciation Station.
    Thanks for putting so much hard work into the gamemode, and making your open to the public. Also, your user name is cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

39. Post #239

July 2008
    135 Posts
    Disseminate, which do you estimate will be finished first, GMod 13 or Vein?

40. Post #240
    December 2007
    4,056 Posts
    GM13