1. Post #41
    I hide under your bed
    Dennab
    July 2011
    1,877 Posts
    ""aww it's roleplay, this sucks"." Would imply that.

What's wrong with making someone to play as? Would you prefer everyone was the same cloned model that you couldn't tell from anyone else?
    Instead of character creation you could simply randomize player models or have a class system and give each class its own model, or have a simple model choosing panel... Possibilities are endless.

But i personally want to see how character creation pans out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

2. Post #42
    Pycские Идиот
    June 2010
    2,536 Posts
    Yeah lets just give them a random model instead of giving them to choose how they look..........

no
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Late Late x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #43
    October 2009
    2,292 Posts
    Are we allowed to use your content as long as we give credit?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

4. Post #44
    diaoyudao shi ZHONGGUO de
    December 2007
    4,068 Posts
    Yeah
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #45
    May 2011
    570 Posts
    people making roleplays are trying to stay AWAY from generic-things
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #46
    ""aww it's roleplay, this sucks"." Would imply that.

What's wrong with making someone to play as? Would you prefer everyone was the same cloned model that you couldn't tell from anyone else?
    Just ignore him like everyone else does on FP. He cries on every single fucking post he makes.

/ontopic: Wow, very good looking gamemode. Waiting for gmod13 to come just to host this monster in a 64 players slot server [s]or 64 servers of 1 slot[/s]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

7. Post #47
    boy i sure do love it when my title doesnt fit
    December 2009
    6,423 Posts
    I still have my 30 slot server that i'm not using for anything, When 13 comes out i'm definitely putting this on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #48
    December 2007
    4,068 Posts
    While gmod 13 is broken, I've been working on the map - it's a conversion of the one Death Toll map from L4D. Only a hammer screenshot for now.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 6 (list)

9. Post #49
    We Are No Idiots
    March 2010
    4,780 Posts
    I hope you lower your skybox a bit and at least add a player clip.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #50
    December 2007
    4,068 Posts
    I turned off the clip visgroup for the sake of a screenshot. Skybox is high because I might add stuff there - compensated with a func_viscluster for the time being.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #51
    November 2011
    137 Posts
    Aide, why lower the skybox? Doing that would potentially limit roleplay (which is what this map is edited for); perhaps an event with a helicopter, plane, or something else that would require a fairly high skybox.

And a high skybox allows for admins to have more breathing room when in spectate mode - heightening their vigilance.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

12. Post #52
    We Are No Idiots
    March 2010
    4,780 Posts
    I highly doubt he is gonna add a helicopter. You can spectate just fine with a lower skybox.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3 (list)

13. Post #53
    December 2007
    4,068 Posts
    I highly doubt he is gonna add a helicopter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    We Are No Idiots
    March 2010
    4,780 Posts
    Oh! You cheeky bastard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

15. Post #55
    November 2011
    137 Posts
    I'm Disseminate's brother. I know everything he's gonna do! ;)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2Useful Useful x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #56
    December 2007
    4,068 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #57
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,243 Posts
    Looks like Torrington from Necro.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #58
    December 2007
    4,068 Posts
    Looks like Torrington from Necro.
    It's 18mb
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #59
    October 2009
    5,815 Posts
    Disseminate

I love you

make us whole as a christmas gift

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Venezuela Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #60
    December 2007
    4,068 Posts

Got rid of the fog.

Having some texture issues (vertex format changes make some textures become invisible randomly). Working on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    December 2009
    6,423 Posts
    Fuck, i was actually making a replica of the zomboid map, should i continue even though you have that map?

Like, i was using the pavement on the knox county map as a measurement.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #62
    Pycские Идиот
    June 2010
    2,536 Posts
    ^ More maps the better
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

23. Post #63
    Conna is finally become inter-national dick. Conna 애미뒤진 씹새끼^^
    December 2008
    1,803 Posts
    While GMOD 13 isn't released for public, I just playing Elder Scroll....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Korea, Republic of Show Events

24. Post #64
    December 2009
    6,423 Posts
    While GMOD 13 isn't released for public, I just playing Elder Scroll....
    Only one?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

25. Post #65
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,681 Posts
    daggerfall
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

26. Post #66
    Conna is finally become inter-national dick. Conna 애미뒤진 씹새끼^^
    December 2008
    1,803 Posts
    daggerfall
    Skyrim. I'm not gonna play buggerfall.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Korea, Republic of Show Events

27. Post #67
    Half-Life: Aftermath
    August 2010
    493 Posts
    Map is looking good, really good.

@LuaChobo: Please, don't stop.

28. Post #68
    December 2007
    4,068 Posts

Added back the fog.

I think the fog is an important part of gameplay similar to PZ. It gives a kind of fog of war, so that you can't see all the way down the street - it gives a bit of a foreboding atmosphere.

Also, note the lack of props. If anyone's mapping for this, be sure to include minimal physics and static props. The map editor will be able to make physics and fake-static props - no need to increase the filesize for no reason.

29. Post #69
    April 2010
    646 Posts
    Looks amazing but zombie game modes are starting to turn very over-done.Apart from that I'm excited for this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

30. Post #70
    Pycские Идиот
    June 2010
    2,536 Posts
    Looks amazing but zombie game modes are starting to turn very over-done.Apart from that I'm excited for this.
    Hardly over-done compared to HL2RP. Also, there is only so many original things, especially on Garry's Mod. That's like saying there is too many different kinds of dirt bikes. While there is not that many different brands of dirt bikes, they all operate the same way, but yet there internals are different and have different upsides and downsides.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #71
    Half-Life: Aftermath
    August 2010
    493 Posts
    Hardly over-done compared to HL2RP. Also, there is only so many original things, especially on Garry's Mod. That's like saying there is too many different kinds of dirt bikes. While there is not that many different brands of dirt bikes, they all operate the same way, but yet there internals are different and have different upsides and downsides.
    Also, there's a big difference between overdone and what's done better. Yeah, there's loads of Zombie scripts about right now, but how many can even compare to this?

32. Post #72
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    1,124 Posts
    This game-mode looks fantastic, but I really don't agree with the "you die once, you die forever" sort of thinking.

Please add a command or something to disable it, if you haven't already.

My excuse is (I think) the usual one, what if someone walks about and starts killing everyone in the middle of some sort of role-play, just for shits and giggles?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #73
    December 2007
    4,068 Posts
    That's implying someone has the ability to start killing everyone
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

34. Post #74
    Pycские Идиот
    June 2010
    2,536 Posts
    That's implying someone has the ability to start killing everyone
    Do all deaths permanently kill your character? Player caused, fall damage, prop kill, drown( did you add drowning or maybe infecting the water?)

35. Post #75
    December 2009
    6,423 Posts
    I'l leave the map until next year, I just got a new laptop and i'm going to start fucking around with some old C++ projects i have laying around.

If i get to a point where i just want to stop making the map i'l post the VMF.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

36. Post #76
    December 2007
    4,068 Posts
    Do all deaths permanently kill your character? Player caused, fall damage, prop kill, drown( did you add drowning or maybe infecting the water?)
    Yes.

- Player caused: If the user somehow manages to acquire a shotgun and ammo to fire it they've been playing a while. Melee weapons are clumsy and only adequate for killing a single zombie at a time - they are easily dodged.
    - Fall damage: If you manage to fall ten times from a high ledge you obviously did it intentionally
    - Prop kill: You can't conventionally spawn props (the gamemode is base derived).
    - Drowning: there is no drowning damage
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

37. Post #77
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,243 Posts
    You can't spawn props? What if there is an event that requires some props and tools etc.?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

38. Post #78
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,681 Posts
    Surely admins would be able to do it somehow. Either way, props would be available. I think he said above that there's a way to place props on the fly.

Also, Diss, I suggest you add the ability to drown otherwise people will hide underwater to avoid all threats.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #79
    October 2009
    5,815 Posts
    what if ZOMBIES LEARN TO SWIM?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Venezuela Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #80
    We Are No Idiots
    March 2010
    4,780 Posts
    Then they would make a movie about it. Oh wait, were to late.

Back on topic.

I'm interested in testing this on linux.