1. Post #3441
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    2,955 Posts
    Fixed lighting, just need to optimise model and tweak uv.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 11Artistic Artistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #3442
    THE GRINCH WHO STOLE COSMETICS
    Dennab
    August 2011
    5,740 Posts
    My only worry is clipping with most of the misc.s and possibly a couple hats. Have you tested that out yet?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #3443
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    2,363 Posts
    Can anyone understand how this obvious paintover has gotten so far in the workshop?
    I made two comments where I questioned its authenticity, and both got deleted.

Also, pogo, great job! It looks awesome!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

4. Post #3444
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    12,375 Posts
    I can tell how good that model is because it keeps fooling me. For a slight second I think the pictures messed up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

5. Post #3445
    LIVE XXX TF2 ITEMS
    November 2011
    1,922 Posts
    With your unwraping, I think you should split every face up, make them all flat square faces, disjointed from each other, but exactly the same size. then arrange them so they aren't touching. depending on how many faces there are, you could get a very tiny texture, meaning this would be a very lightweight item! could even mirror the texture, have faces from each side of the face ontop of each other.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #3446
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    2,363 Posts
    'It' in this case refers to what you posted, not the paintover pic. Just to be clear, I'm talking about the ******. Your ******, that is. The ****** that you are doing looks great is what I'm trying to say.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events

7. Post #3447
    LIVE XXX TF2 ITEMS
    November 2011
    1,922 Posts
    Workshop links are up!

theharribokid, if you could add text links to these two underneath my promo that would be great!
    A first class ticket to page one, mother fucker! :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #3448
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    4,982 Posts

Obviously this wont be going on the Workshop, haha. This came about from people in the General Chat asking for Ace Attorney related items.

And for those who haven't played the games, it's the thing on this guy's lapel:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #3449
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,961 Posts

Obviously this wont be going on the Workshop, haha. This came about from people in the General Chat asking for Ace Attorney related items.

Ha ha. Good one, pal. You're always good for a laugh with your little badge.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

10. Post #3450
    September 2011
    4,270 Posts

Can we have two models for the same item?
    If yes, maybe the RED Spy should get this.

That said, I'm now using this and you are the best.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #3451
    May 2011
    567 Posts
    So I actually went out of my way and downloaded Cornwaffle's thingy. Here's the vmt

Code:
    "VertexlitGeneric"
    {
    	"$baseTexture" "models/player/items/all_class/polycount_badge.vtf"
    	"$bumpmap" "models/player/items/all_class/polycount_badge_normal.vtf" 

"$phong" ".1"
    	"$phongexponent" "8"
    	"$phongboost" "2"
    //	"$lightwarptexture" "models/lightwarps/weapon_lightwarp"	
    	"$phongfresnelranges"	"[.25 1 4]"
    	"$bumpmapalphaphongmask" "1"

"$envmap" "env_cubemap"
    	"$envmaptint" "[1.2 1.2 1.2]"
    	"$normalmapalphaenvmapmask" 1 

// Rim lighting parameters
    	"$rimlight" "1"												// To enable rim lighting (requires phong)
    	"$rimlightexponent" "4"										// Exponent for phong component of rim lighting	
    	"$rimlightboost" "2"										// Boost for ambient cube component of rim lighting

// Cloaking
    	"$cloakPassEnabled" "1"
    	"Proxies"
    	{
    		"weapon_invis"
    		{
    		}
    		"AnimatedTexture"
    		{
    			"animatedtexturevar" "$detail"
    			"animatedtextureframenumvar" "$detailframe"
    			"animatedtextureframerate" 30
    		}
    		"BurnLevel"
    		{
    			"resultVar" "$detailblendfactor"
    		}
    		"YellowLevel"
    		{
    			"resultVar" "$yellow"
    		}
    		"Equals"
    		{
    			"srcVar1"  "$yellow"
    			"resultVar" "$color2"
    		}

}
    }
    As you can see the problem is his $envmaptint which he has turned up to 120%.

Let's turn it down to, say, jarate level, 30%

Much better. Still could be less but you get the point.

Other problems of note, you turned $phong down when it's a boolean, you want $phongboost for that.
    Thanks, it really helped!

Edit: I updated the download with preferences: shiny or less shiny(using Venezuela's vmt help), normalmap or no normalmap
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #3452
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    4,982 Posts
    Can we have two models for the same item?
    If yes, maybe the RED Spy should get this.

That said, I'm now using this and you are the best.
    As far as I know, having two separate models for each team is possible, but the way you do it is long and complicated. Ducksink did it with his Laughter and Tragedy masks.

13. Post #3453
    December 2010
    789 Posts

I love you.
    Also, SPY Y U NO USE OBJECTOR SO I CAN BE PERFECT PHOENIX WRIGHT (wait no make his hair then i can be perfect)

14. Post #3454
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    2,955 Posts
    With your unwraping, I think you should split every face up, make them all flat square faces, disjointed from each other, but exactly the same size. then arrange them so they aren't touching. depending on how many faces there are, you could get a very tiny texture, meaning this would be a very lightweight item! could even mirror the texture, have faces from each side of the face ontop of each other.
    I can probably get away with a 64x texture which looks sensible instead of taking each individual face and placing it on a pixel in a 4x or 8x grid. It really isn't worth the few kb saved.

I haven't tested with hats/miscs - might grab some pics tomorrow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

15. Post #3455
    Human Garbage
    June 2008
    9,700 Posts
    As far as I know, having two separate models for each team is possible, but the way you do it is long and complicated. Ducksink did it with his Laughter and Tragedy masks.
    team colors, red team has the red texture and an invisible texture on the blue mesh, and vice versa for blue. Just a guess though, ask duck how he did it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

16. Post #3456
    Captain Westcliff: Thinks Wales is an Island
    January 2006
    18,084 Posts
    that is how duck did it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #3457
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,948 Posts

originiail consept dont steal pls
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #3458
    December 2010
    789 Posts

Why do you guys want this so bad?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

19. Post #3459
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,948 Posts
    vv

20. Post #3460
    fuck you inspecter I do what I want
    August 2009
    9,069 Posts
    Because Scout is a chicken.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

21. Post #3461
    LIVE XXX TF2 ITEMS
    November 2011
    1,922 Posts
    I'll be the first to admit it needs work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner x 25Artistic x 2Funny x 2Agree x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #3462
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    12,375 Posts
    Fry ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

23. Post #3463
    September 2009
    2,248 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 25Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 2 (list)

24. Post #3464
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    2,571 Posts
    I remember seeing a Goddess Sword model for a Scout melee weapon but I can't find it in the previous thread. Does anyone have it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

25. Post #3465
    September 2011
    90 Posts
    I solve mythical problems...
    Workshop links are up!

theharribokid, if you could add text links to these two underneath my promo that would be great!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

26. Post #3466
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,961 Posts
    Can anyone understand how this obvious paintover has gotten so far in the workshop?
    I made two comments where I questioned its authenticity, and both got deleted.

Tell him to make a video or post more screenshots in model viewer. If he deletes the comment/doesn't, you could maybe get people to flag it or something?

I just already flagged it...

27. Post #3467
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    11,916 Posts
    Thanks, it really helped!

Edit: I updated the download with preferences: shiny or less shiny(using Venezuela's vmt help), normalmap or no normalmap
    You still need to set "$phong" to "1", adjust "$phongboost" to make it less strong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brunei Darussalam Show Events

28. Post #3468
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    6,205 Posts
    <cupid's bow>
    I swear I said "privaet cosept do not stela!" on that...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #3469
    Human Garbage
    June 2008
    9,700 Posts
    I swear I said "privaet cosept do not stela!" on that...
    on a cupids bow. lol.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

30. Post #3470
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    6,205 Posts
    on a cupids bow. lol.

lol c?

We're redoing it, though. So we have some of that competition stuff.

EDIT: When we submitted it last year, Valve asked us to change the arrow. Earlier today I did a new arrow concept, too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

31. Post #3471
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    1,297 Posts
    Come watch me fail at drawing a dolphin for the Expansion header
    http://www.livestream.com/theharribokid
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

32. Post #3472
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    4,982 Posts

Another Ace Attorney related item from General Chat, this one glows in the dark!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 7 (list)

33. Post #3473
    July 2009
    1,661 Posts
    got to admit at 1st I was thinking it was tin tin.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

34. Post #3474
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    12,375 Posts

Another Ace Attorney related item from General Chat, this one glows in the dark!
    This can also be an amber relic, or a dusk one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

35. Post #3475
    December 2010
    789 Posts

Hurrgh..... Need more Phoenix Wright hair for spy and less thinking of scout as Maya.

36. Post #3476
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    1,297 Posts
    ok, Livestream done. Using this photo:

i got to this, hope you guys like it

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #3477
    July 2011
    1,403 Posts
    Progress with normal maps:

And fiddling with the base colors a bit. That's with a red base color (similar to the Ambassador grip) with a yellow phong/envmap overlay. I think it actually looks pretty good, though I think that if I were to keep the grip metal, I will probably model some tape wrapped around the grip to make it look more like Sniper off'd Cupid and refitted his bow.

*EDIT*

Ew nevermind I don't like chocolate bow and arrows.
    I think you shouldn't use the yellow phong on certain parts, namely the arrowtips, "feathers", jewels and the grip. It just looks unnatural and makes the whole thing rather monochromatic. Also, the normals don't show very well with the yellow phong.
    I really like the idea of a full metal bow and arrows. Maybe the grip could be brass, copper or bronze so it stands out from the rest and still seems metallic?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

38. Post #3478
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    464 Posts
    lol c?

We're redoing it, though. So we have some of that competition stuff.

EDIT: When we submitted it last year, Valve asked us to change the arrow. Earlier today I did a new arrow concept, too.
    Yikes I did not see your concept or work on this. Sorry man. I didn't even have an account here a year ago, and I couldn't find a cupid's bow on the Workshop. As this was an original concept from my end, I still plan on submitting.

*EDIT* But holy shit our concepts are reeeaaally similar.

I think you shouldn't use the yellow phong on certain parts, namely the arrowtips, "feathers", jewels and the grip. It just looks unnatural and makes the whole thing rather monochromatic. Also, the normals don't show very well with the yellow phong.
    I really like the idea of a full metal bow and arrows. Maybe the grip could be brass, copper or bronze so it stands out from the rest and still seems metallic?
    I haven't even started on my phong stuff yet. I'm still stuck on the normals/model. No time at all for this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

39. Post #3479
    May 2011
    5,190 Posts

Oh GOD you're AMAZING <3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

40. Post #3480
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2009
    14,782 Posts

When people said the scout needed chicken legs I always imagined them to be the cooked ones, not an actual set of chicken legs. vv
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)