1. Post #241
    November 2009
    6,818 Posts
       Has anyone else noticed that these events were entirely Gandalf's fault?   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #242
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    8,478 Posts
       Has anyone else noticed that these events were entirely Gandalf's fault?   
    yes but that's the point. unless you mean    the ring escaping golum. the ring wanted to leave him anyways so it would've eventually, bilbo just happened to pick it up   

3. Post #243
    November 2009
    6,818 Posts
    yes but that's the point. unless you mean    the ring escaping golum. the ring wanted to leave him anyways so it would've eventually, bilbo just happened to pick it up   
       Well I meant more specifically that The Hobbit AND Lord of the Rings are entirely Gandalf's fault. Had he not pushed Bilbo out the door, Bilbo wouldn't have found the ring, and Frodo would have never obtained it, and thus one of the greatest books of all time would not have been written.   

4. Post #244
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    8,478 Posts
       Well I meant more specifically that The Hobbit AND Lord of the Rings are entirely Gandalf's fault. Had he not pushed Bilbo out the door, Bilbo wouldn't have found the ring, and Frodo would have never obtained it, and thus one of the greatest books of all time would not have been written.   
    well except you know... it didnt actually happen. in real life.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Zing Zing x 2Agree Agree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #245
    January 2011
    630 Posts
    Don't turn this into EP3 with fat jokes.
    I'm not because he gets skinnier to, fucking weird.

Edit: Also anyone know when the next production video is coming out?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

6. Post #246
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,299 Posts
    I'm not because he gets skinnier to, fucking weird.

Edit: Also anyone know when the next production video is coming out?
    2-3 months probably.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Norway Show Events

7. Post #247
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    14,933 Posts
    Or maybe the Nazguls would just have found Gollum and the ring and everyone would be in deep shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #248
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    21,201 Posts
    Thanks to gandalf the ring got    Destroyed   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

9. Post #249
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    9,746 Posts
    Bombur looks hilarious, I look forward to him getting all sorts of shit because of his weight.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

10. Post #250
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,150 Posts
    Smaug has a fortune worth $53.4 billion

http://www.forbes.com/sites/michaeln...rth-revisited/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events

11. Post #251
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,299 Posts
    New Hobbit footage will be shown at CinemaCon today. Expect descriptions afterward!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Norway Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

12. Post #252
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    3,956 Posts
    uh oh

A taped intro from director Peter Jackson preceded the footage. There is no honest discussion that can be had about this Hobbit footage without emphasizing the 48fps presentation. The film was shot this way and will be digitally projected this way, as well as presented in 3D. So what does 48fps movie footage look like as opposed to your usual 24fps theatrical movie experience? In this reporter's opinion, it looks like live television or hi-def video. And it didn't look particularly good. Yes, this is shocking, but I was actually let down by the Hobbit footage, as were a number of the other journalists that I spoke with afterward.

It looked like an old Doctor Who episode, or a videotaped BBC TV production. It was as shocking as when The Twilight Zone made the boneheaded decision to switch from film to tape one season, and where perfectly good stories were ruined by that aesthetic. Here, there were incredibly sharp, realistic images where colors seem more vivid and brighter than on film, but the darker scenes were especially murky (and the 3D only dims that image even more). Frankly, it was jarring to see Gandalf, Bilbo or the dwarves in action against CG-created characters or even to move quickly down a rocky passage. The whipping of a camera pan or the blur of movement was unsettling.
    http://movies.ign.com/articles/122/1...9OTLg.facebook
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #253
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    8,478 Posts
    high fps movies / tv takes a long time to get used to. odds are in a 3 hour movie it will still look weird by the end of it. but 3d was probably just a horrible, horrible idea anyways.

14. Post #254
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,299 Posts
    I don't think 3D is a horrible idea when done right. Avatar almost nailed it, and I'm sure The Hobbit will. Just a bit concerned about the overall look people have mentioned.

Anyways, these guys explain it pretty good:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Norway Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #255
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    3,956 Posts
    jesus fuck man tits beyond belief
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #256
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    7,206 Posts
    I wouldnt be worried about anything. For all we know that guy could be just asshole not knowing what hes talking bout.

17. Post #257
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,299 Posts
    And don't forget the 200+ days left of post-production.

18. Post #258
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    3,914 Posts
    I'm excited for 48FPS 3D.

I think high FPS will be like HD. It looks a little weird at first, but we'll get used to it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #259
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,299 Posts
    The scene with the trolls is probably what I'm looking forward to the most in Part 1.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #260
    Movie quote goes here, because...
    Dennab
    October 2008
    8,076 Posts
    I'm excited for 48FPS 3D.

I think high FPS will be like HD. It looks a little weird at first, but we'll get used to it.
    Bah. I find the bawwing and bitching about it to be very much like when sound, color and hi-def was introduced.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events

21. Post #261
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,115 Posts
    And don't forget the 200+ days left of post-production.
    Uhhh no amount of post-production is gonna change people who thought the new framerate appeared weird, but i do think people are being too dramatic. it's just like the change to blu-ray, takes a bit of getting used to is all. I'm sure after 20 or so minutes you'll have gotten used to it, probably less.

22. Post #262
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,299 Posts
    Uhhh no amount of post-production is gonna change people who thought the new framerate appeared weird, but i do think people are being too dramatic. it's just like the change to blu-ray, takes a bit of getting used to is all. I'm sure after 20 or so minutes you'll have gotten used to it, probably less.
    I was more thinking all the color correction they have left etc etc.

23. Post #263
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,115 Posts
    Yeah which I still don't think is gonna remove the new FPS weirdness at all. BUT I GUESS WE'LL FIND OUT

24. Post #264
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,299 Posts
    Hopefully it'll hide some of the fake looking sets and prosthetics (that some people have been complaining about) etc if they darken/brighten certain scenes.

25. Post #265
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,115 Posts
    oh I didn't see those complaints, well then yeah most likely.

26. Post #266
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    21,201 Posts
    Will there be a set video soon?

Feels like forever since the last one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

27. Post #267
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,150 Posts
    Another blog

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

28. Post #268
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,299 Posts
    I'm in class, working on my exam presentation for tomorrow and this is so tempting

29. Post #269
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,232 Posts
    God damn it Peter Jackson, take my money already.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #270
    June 2010
    4,370 Posts
    Another blog

Oompa Legolas 2012

31. Post #271
    Everything I post is absolute bollocks until proven otherwise.
    July 2008
    11,040 Posts

Those guys really let themselves go when you look at how they used to look

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

32. Post #272
    November 2010
    66 Posts
    I'm so looking forward to this movie.

33. Post #273
    Annotated Reader Lapsed Pacifist
    December 2008
    11,716 Posts
    I didn't know Billy Connolly was playing Dain.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

34. Post #274
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    21,201 Posts
       Wouldn't Dain only be in the second movie considering the battle of the five armies is late in the book?   

35. Post #275
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,299 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #276
    Annotated Reader Lapsed Pacifist
    December 2008
    11,716 Posts
       Wouldn't Dain only be in the second movie considering the battle of the five armies is late in the book?   

Wasn't it at Dain's where the group stayed for awhile before they got captured by the elves?   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

37. Post #277
    October 2009
    6,241 Posts
       Wasn't it at Dain's where the group stayed for awhile before they got captured by the elves?   
       You're thinking of Beorn, the shape-shifting guy.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

38. Post #278
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    21,201 Posts
        As I remembered it, Dain was the guy who brought the dwarf army from the iron mountains.   

39. Post #279
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,434 Posts
    Like that we spoiler tag what happens in a 75 year old book
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

40. Post #280

July 2011
    120 Posts
    The hobbit, best thing that will happen this year
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)