Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts
    lil ole sossidge legs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

2. Post #6242

July 2011
    614 Posts
    Cheated on Hanako a little more and finished Shizune's route. It is pretty good, I don't understand why people don't like it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #6243
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    10,300 Posts
    Cheated on Hanako a little more and finished Shizune's route. It is pretty good, I don't understand why people don't like it.
    Maybe because    compared with the rest of the arcs there's not much contact between Shizune and Hisao, and their relationship seems to be more of a friends-who-fuck type instead of being so romantically-oriented. It gives you the feel Shizune is only using Hisao for fucking and their relationship is uneven. I also understand the ending could be a letdown for some people, since the only thing that happens is Misha, Shizune and Hisao reuniting at last, and nothing more (people would normally expect Hisao giving Shizune a kiss or something like that)   

I personally liked it, but I understand why some people would not

Edited:

it's good but requires much of the reader with that art
    Gotta agree with that, the art is, well, you kind of get used to it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #6244
    Valor
    September 2008
    19,512 Posts
    it's really not that amazing

Edited:

go away lektro
    Everyone has their tastes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #6245
    June 2010
    5,649 Posts
    Yay, my comment is on top.

Am I the only one to think Human Revolution intro?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #6246
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    671 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 16Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #6247
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    19,048 Posts
    Yay, my comment is on top.

Am I the only one to think Human Revolution intro?

I was actually thinking of making a version of that with footage from the DXHR intro and the song but I got lazy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

8. Post #6248
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Philippines Show Events

9. Post #6249

July 2011
    614 Posts
    Maybe because    compared with the rest of the arcs there's not much contact between Shizune and Hisao, and their relationship seems to be more of a friends-who-fuck type instead of being so romantically-oriented. It gives you the feel Shizune is only using Hisao for fucking and their relationship is uneven. I also understand the ending could be a letdown for some people, since the only thing that happens is Misha, Shizune and Hisao reuniting at last, and nothing more (people would normally expect Hisao giving Shizune a kiss or something like that)   

I personally liked it, but I understand why some people would not
    I agree that the ending wasn't really that good, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

10. Post #6250
    Murr purr and stuff!
    November 2007
    36,417 Posts
    Everyone has their tastes
    i mean, i do love it myself too but you guys are just drooling over it like it's the game of the century or something
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #6251
    Valor
    September 2008
    19,512 Posts
    It's not the game of all years like that for me too but yeah it's pretty damn good so far.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

12. Post #6252
    June 2010
    5,649 Posts
    i mean, i do love it myself too but you guys are just drooling over it like it's the game of the century or something
    Media that breaks norms like this happens once per DECADE.

Still, you have good point.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

13. Post #6253
    Gold Member

June 2009
    8,467 Posts
    That's kinda natural when you play something new and love it. You usually get over it after time goes by.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

14. Post #6254
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    26,091 Posts
    it's good but requires much of the reader with that art
    It grows on you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #6255
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    7,564 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #6256
    Kawaii Member
    July 2005
    17,666 Posts
    Media that breaks norms like this happens once per DECADE.

Still, you have good point.
    Christ
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

17. Post #6257
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    14,015 Posts
    It's like I've always said; when life gives you lemon scented lube, push her wheelchair out the door and do anal on the stacked gym mats.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #6258
    June 2010
    5,649 Posts
    What?

19. Post #6259
    Kawaii Member
    July 2005
    17,666 Posts
    The only norms it's possibly breaking are in Japan, and those are that VNs are exclusively made by the Japanese (and in that regard they're doing well, 2chan's got pretty riled up about this game (though that's primarily because the creators realised too late that "Katawa Shoujo" is basically translated to "Retard Girls" (except in a physical sense). I don't get why people are getting so insane about this game, it's not a masterpiece. It's very impressive that a group of 4channers with no connection to each other managed to make a VN with no direction except a single page in some doujin, but it's not a masterpiece that challenges how people view the universe or anything. Even the creators themselves said there is no moral in it, it's just supposed to be a compilation of stories that hopefully invokes emotions in the reader.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #6260
    June 2010
    5,649 Posts
    The only norms it's possibly breaking are in Japan, and those are that VNs are exclusively made by the Japanese (and in that regard they're doing well, 2chan's got pretty riled up about this game (though that's primarily because the creators realised too late that "Katawa Shoujo" is basically translated to "Retard Girls" (except in a physical sense). I don't get why people are getting so insane about this game, it's not a masterpiece. It's very impressive that a group of 4channers with no connection to each other managed to make a VN with no direction except a single page in some doujin, but it's not a masterpiece that challenges how people view the universe or anything. Even the creators themselves said there is no moral in it, it's just supposed to be a compilation of stories that hopefully invokes emotions in the reader.
    Sure. It's still one of the better free games, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

21. Post #6261
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,286 Posts
    Its breaking a norm in the sense that a forum full of people who despise anime to the core have a 157 page thread on a game with an anime artstyle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

22. Post #6262
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    13,937 Posts
    It grows on you
    I'm aware of that and it did grow on me, but some people cannot deal with it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #6263
    I just got Hanako's bad ending.

Feels bad, man.

Still, I saw it coming by seeing what Hisao is saying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #6264
    I wish I had a tentacle hand. Japan would pay billions for some real-life tentacles.
    February 2009
    4,610 Posts
    I just got Hanako's bad ending.

Feels bad, man.

Still, I saw it coming by seeing what Hisao is saying.
    That's probably why it's the bad ending.

25. Post #6265
    I can rip the game files :D albeit it's a bit slow but that doesn't matter.
    Anyone wants a sprite or a background or something in particular?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

26. Post #6266
    I wish I had a tentacle hand. Japan would pay billions for some real-life tentacles.
    February 2009
    4,610 Posts
    Fuck yes Akinator.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8Winner Winner x 2 (list)

27. Post #6267
    June 2010
    5,649 Posts
    Fuck yes Akinator.
    I challenged him this week and the questions were vague at best.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #6268
    February 2009
    4,610 Posts
    I challenged him this week and the questions were vague at best.
    Yeah he had 2 wrong characters before he got this one, and he doesn't seem to know Hisao at all.

29. Post #6269
    So I've loaded up a savegame and with the help of the flowchart I got to the good ending of Hanako's path.
    I almost cried at (spoiler inside of the link) this part: http://filesmelt.com/dl/ehhh1.png
    I must admit I really liked her arc, probably as much as Emi's and more than Rin's and Shizune's.
    I still have Lilly's to finish, but I need some rest in order to cool down. That means I'm not going touch KS until tomorrow. And because Hanako's bad ending ruined my experience a bit, I'm going to do Lilly's route with the flowchart. I'm not going to do this mistake again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #6270
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    15,235 Posts
    Yeah he had 2 wrong characters before he got this one, and he doesn't seem to know Hisao at all.
    he got hisao first time for me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

31. Post #6271
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    10,300 Posts
    One thing:
    Am I the only one a bit bothered by the fact Misha is chubby in her common sprite but much more slim on the additional illustrations appearing on Shizune's arc? I mean, she looks like a totally different person sometimes, and being a bit chubby is part of her character    (along with her hair drills, but the new haircut thing on that arc is another story)   

Edited:

I still have Lilly's to finish, but I need some rest in order to cool down. That means I'm not going touch KS until tomorrow. And because Hanako's bad ending ruined my experience a bit, I'm going to do Lilly's route with the flowchart. I'm not going to do this mistake again.
    You're going to be quite pleased, Lilly's arc is one of the best of the whole VN
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

32. Post #6272
    You're going to be quite pleased, Lilly's arc is one of the best of the whole VN
    And that's the reason I left it for the last.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #6273
    You're supposed to do it the other way. Do the best first to get the biggest surge of emotion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Portugal Show Events

34. Post #6274
    PHD IN SUCKING DICK
    June 2008
    7,040 Posts
    I went with whatever seemed natural for me to do on my first run, that's how you should play any VN.

Save at every choice though, don't want to fuck up and hit a bad end.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

35. Post #6275
    September 2011
    537 Posts
    he got akira on the first try
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

36. Post #6276
    Certified Waifu Expert
    October 2009
    1,062 Posts

How good did i do for a 3rd try?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #6277
    April 2011
    1,610 Posts
    you're not supposed to fap to titanic either
    Awk-ward.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

38. Post #6278
    "some of those dragon dildo designs are pretty cool"
    February 2007
    9,305 Posts

How good did i do for a 3rd try?
    Number of try doesn't really matter for Katawa Crash.

Back when Tottori was devving it and posting links to WIP version in the KS IRC, I had times where I reached 150k on the first go, and when I wouldn't reach 10k in 50 tries.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

39. Post #6279
    April 2011
    1,610 Posts
    Where's the fanart of Kenji in a Batsuit apprehending Hanako?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #6280
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    19,048 Posts
    That delicious ice-penetration scene always gets me