1. Post #1
    August 2011
    195 Posts
    Lately I've been working out and lifting weights for strength and endurance purposes, rather than to try to look good (I play a sport, so I need to keep my strength up.) I do a mix of cardio and heavy lifting to try to gain strength while trying to get in better shape. I've been trying out different protein formulas, and I was wondering what you guys would suggest for me (I have been using Elite Gourmet but I've lately heard some ill things about Dymatize, so I was looking for something new.) What are some good protein powders out there?

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    2,731 Posts
    Myofusion or Isoflex.

From my experience these shakes all suck:
    Gold Standard (Come at me haters).
    Anything from Six star is awful.
    That "organic shit" is terrible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    August 2011
    195 Posts
    Myofusion or Isoflex.

yea i used myofusion for a while too and I've heard good things I might just stick with that

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    4,996 Posts
    Myofusion or Isoflex.

What's wrong with Gold Standard?

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,259 Posts
    Come at me, I don't use Pshakes.

HOW CAN THAT BE????

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    4,996 Posts
    Come at me, I don't use Pshakes.

HOW CAN THAT BE????
    Because you actually eat high protein foods and don't need to supplement????
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    August 2011
    195 Posts
    Because you actually eat high protein foods and don't need to supplement????
    Im a freshman in college, can't always eat what I want. Protein shakes are nice to have
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    2,731 Posts
    I didn't like any of the flavours I bought, feels strange going down, doesn't taste like what there labled as.

Cookies and cream tastes like coffee imo...

9. Post #9

June 2011
    231 Posts
    YOU HIPSTERS AND YOUR SHITTY BRANDS LIKE IT FUCKIN MATTERS
    WWW.TRUEPROTEIN.COM ( NOW CALLED TRUE NUTRITION I GUESS) IS LITEARLLY THE CHEAPEST SHIT THERE IS
    AND
    YOU
    CAN
    MAKE
    YOUR
    OWN
    BLENDS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,259 Posts
    Im a freshman in college, can't always eat what I want. Protein shakes are nice to have

Absurd.

You can't make a sandwich? for the rest of your day? It's even more absurd that you think you need that much protein you require a pshake. You're probably stationary most of your day if you're a freshman...

therefore =

"pshakes nice to have" = too lazy to make food, so I buy it in powder form. I am against this notion as laziness, this kind of laziness, is the first sign of shitty workouts, nutrition sleep and general dedication and progress.

When a person has enough time to make 4 sandwiches a day or whatever, he has enough time to produce a satisfying, not a waste of time, kind of workout

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,645 Posts
    this true protein thing. what is a recommended blend just to get regular whey protein for cheap? there is so much stuff i am not sure what is added.

12. Post #12
    October 2011
    930 Posts
    If your not buying from true nutrition, you are probably over paying.

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,645 Posts
    I know I am over paying but I am saying what all should I get? I just want choclate whey protein that works. suggestions?

14. Post #14
    October 2011
    930 Posts
    I know I am over paying but I am saying what all should I get? I just want choclate whey protein that works. suggestions?
    http://www.truenutrition.com/p-935-w...trate-1lb.aspx

This'll probably do. Just select the flavours if you just want pure protein.

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,517 Posts
    If your not buying from true nutrition, you are probably over paying.
    wtf is this true nutrition shit that is all over the place? that shit ends up being about the price as bodybuilding.com whey prices.

just buy some myofusion dude

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,645 Posts
    huh. there is a plus side. i could get it with out splenda added like the current stuff I get. Splenda tends to me me and my family members retain water and Appear as if we arn't losing weight at all. Not that is my goal in exercise but it would be nice :P

17. Post #17
    January 2012
    289 Posts
    wtf is this true nutrition shit that is all over the place? that shit ends up being about the price as bodybuilding.com whey prices.

retarded . unless youre looking at the more concentrate protiens it ends up being load cheaper than anything from bb. something to check out is gemma pea protein and some other protein mixed with it or the 85% whey they have

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    4,996 Posts

You can make your own blends, for starters.

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,645 Posts
    I got just straight whey protein. Does that have everything a protein shake needs? like on the back of commercial stuff there is all the listings of ammio acids and such. Does this have that or no?

20. Post #20
    Dennab
    April 2010
    5,256 Posts
    amino acid = protein

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,645 Posts
    yes. but there are plenty of difference kinds :) Are you saying it doesn't mater if you get just one type?

22. Post #22
    Dennab
    April 2010
    5,256 Posts
    yes. but there are plenty of difference kinds :) Are you saying it doesn't mater if you get just one type?
    Whey has a large profile of amino acids.

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,645 Posts
    Ah thanks. that is good to know.

Also, from True nutrition it says it is like what? 85% whey protein? what is a good amount to add to a shake after a work out? Currently the stuff i buy says 2 full scoops to hit "100% daily values based off 2000 calorie diet." any advice?

24. Post #24
    October 2011
    930 Posts
    Ah wtf, FPAndroid destroyed my paragraph.

Basically, 2 after is probably fine, but you still may not be getting enough protein from meals. The recommendation for prot. in the avg diet is far too low (imo) for those who workout.

Figure out how much prot you get in a day, and aim for over 1g/lbs of body weight. Ideally, for building muscle, aim for up to 1.5g/lbs if you can manage it.

I think what I sad is correct, but I'd wait to see what the others say

25. Post #25
    January 2012
    289 Posts
    Ah thanks. that is good to know.

Also, from True nutrition it says it is like what? 85% whey protein? what is a good amount to add to a shake after a work out? Currently the stuff i buy says 2 full scoops to hit "100% daily values based off 2000 calorie diet." any advice?
    the cheapest whey they have is prob the best. but you can be a man and actually eat food and swallow creatine and get swole

26. Post #26
    March 2012
    99 Posts
    Myofusion or Isoflex.

Im with you all the way on that organic garbage, But aside from their protein mixes, I've found six star has some products that work fine. Personally I use their creatine and pre workout powder and it works great.

Edited:

Just the fact it works about as well as eating fast food after your workout.