1. Post #1

October 2011
    105 Posts

Warning! My English is shit I talk more than I write, I tried my best!

About :

FOnline: 2238" is a Fallout game based on the FOnline engine.
    Currently, it is only available in English.

The game is set in 2238, 3 years before Fallout 2.
    The world has been expanded and includes both the Fallout and Fallout 2 game areas.

Thread Music
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It4GRG7JdFI
    __________________________________________________ ______________________

Info :

FOnline: 2238 Is a Overhead 2d MMORPG Shooter.
    The gameplay is exactly like Fallout 2, There has been no graphic improvements
    all though the creators are planning a 3D update to the game which will be
    implemented In the next few months. The controls are no different than
    fallout2.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TYGO...eature=related

The video is a player bombing an admin who set themselves as a brahmin/Cowthing.

Difficulty: Very hard

Fonline: 2238 Is the most difficult MMORPG that exist right now.

Reasons.

1) When you die you lose all your items

2) There are no safe zones

3) When you first start the game it is extremely difficult
    Due to the amount of dangers there are in this apocalyptic
    wasteland. First off you start with no weapons, and no map
    and the spawn points are usually not close to the big city's.

4) Everything Wants you dead

Download Link,Website

You require Fallout2 to play

http://www.fonline2238.net/FOnline22...19_11_2010.exe

http://fonline2238.blogspot.com/

Characters.

Character creation in Fonline is just like any other fallout game you have played,
    There are still the six main S.P.E.C.I.A.L

Strength : Raw physical strength. A high Strength is good for physical characters. Modifies: Hit Points, Melee Damage, and Carry Weight. Also you suffer hit chance penalty if you don't have enough Strength to handle your weapon.

Perception : The ability to see, hear, taste and notice unusual things. A high Perception is important for a sharpshooter. Modifies: Sequence, ranged combat distance modifiers, and range of sight.

Charisma : is needed to transport people on worldmap (Total charisma-1 = Number of players that can be transported) or to buy and manage NPCs. The number of NPC
    followers you can have is based on the formula (Charisma-1)/2, rounded up. Charisma also allows you better rewards in most of the quests.

Endurance : Stamina and physical toughness. A character with a high Endurance will survive where others may not. Modifies: Hit Points, Poison Resistance, Radiation Resistance, Healing Rate, and the additional hit points per level.

Intelligence : Knowledge, wisdom and the ability to think quickly. A high Intelligence is important for any character. Modifies: the number of new skill points per level, dialogue options, and many skills.

Agility : Coordination and the ability to move well. A high Agility is important for any active character.
    Modifies: Action Points, Armor Class, Sequence, and many skills.

Luck : Fate. Karma. An extremely high or low Luck will affect the character - somehow. Events and situations will be changed by how lucky (or unlucky) your character
    is.

You all ways start with 5 SPECIAL points

Skills :

Combat Skills

Small Guns
    Big Guns
    Energy Weapons
    Unarmed
    Melee Weapons
    Throwing

Non-combat Skills

First Aid
    Doctor
    Sneak
    Lockpick
    Steal
    Traps
    Science
    Repair
    Speech
    Barter
    Gambling
    Outdoorsman

There are 18 skills in FOnline. At the beginning of the game you have to choose your 3 major skills. The skills you want to pick depends on who you want to become (Warrior, Crafter, Doctor, Wanderer, e.t.c.). The percentage of the skill shows how good you are at that skill. Each level you will gain some skill points. You can spend this points to increase one or several of your skills. Note that you can increase major skill twice faster than others (2% instead of 1%).

If your curious about skills check this link http://www.fonline2238.net/wiki/Skills

Traits :

Available Traits

Bloody Mess
    Bruiser
    Chem Reliant
    Chem Resistant
    Fast Metabolism
    Fast Shot
    Finesse
    Good Natured
    Heavy Handed
    Jinxed
    Kamikaze
    Night Person
    One Hander
    Sex Appeal
    Skilled
    Small Frame

Traits are qualities of your character that you select upon creation.
    All have both positive and negative effects, with the exception of Bloody Mess,
    which only causes you to see violent death animations more often.
    Traits cannot be removed or changed because the Mutate perk is not available in 2238.

If your curious about certain Traits Click Here -> http://www.fonline2238.net/wiki/Trait

Getting Started :

If you decided to download this game you are probably going to need help
    getting started.

If you want to be successful in this game you will probably need to round up
    some friends to play the game with you. I actually rounded up 7 people to play and
    we made a great team.

Learning the Basics :

When you finish building your character, you will spawn in a random location.
    To find out your location on the map use this link http://www.fonline2238.net/wiki/World_Map

The best thing would be to figure out how the controls are if you are not use to them
    because if you need to run from something and you dont even know how the movement is
    you may be fucked

To move your character right click so a red hexagon appears and the position you want to move to.
    To be able to select stuff Ex: Ladders, stairs Items. right click for a arrow to appear. You may want to go into
    your options to check *Always run* trust me you will need it.

I'd say the best starting area would be to go to NCR/Shadysands there are small quest and jobs you can do to
    make money.

When Travelling stay vigilant because random encounters are always very dangerous if you
    don't own a weapon, Always run! for the first few encounters intill you have something
    to defend yourself.

Once you get to NCR/Shadysands, your going to want to start making money so the most simple way
    is to pick up brahmin shit. Check this link for all the information about NCR/Shadysands
    http://www.fonline2238.net/wiki/Shady_Sands

!DANGER! :

Even though NCR/Shadysands has a lot of guards doesn't mean people wont commit crimes

Suicide Bombing : A Player sometimes will arm Dynamite in there hands and charge into crowds of people. Ways to avoid getting blown up?
    stay away from big crowds and don't let anyone near you not only can they blow up near you they
    can plant the bomb in your inventory by the time you notice you'll probably be a mutilated corpse.

Thievery: People with high steal skill can steal right Infront of guards and they wont even notice.
    keep important items in your hands Ex:Caps/Ammo

Tip: If you want to use a shop try and go to NCR when it has less people in it or
    go in with the money in your hands, Check the shop and see what you want to
    buy then quickly put the money in your inventory and make the transaction.
    You will need to practice the trading to be fast.

Bursting : Watch out for people who walk towards you with a Sub MachineGun
    they are probably just looking to blow your brains out for Lols, they will get gunned
    down shortly after killing you.

Money making, Storage

Storage : Your probably wondering if there is a way to store your items in a stash
    well there is, Its called a tent and you need 10 brahmin hides the best way to
    obtain those skins are going south to kill brahmin once you get a weapon.

You can also beg some people will probably assist you if they see your new.

If no one wants to Help and you dont have the weapons to kill brahmin
    your best option would be to buy them. Sometimes you can find the skins
    in shops but mostly players will have them.

Money Making: The best way to make money early on is to gather junk.
    You can do so by going to the surrounding quadrants of vault15, It is close
    to NCR/Shadysands If you happen to find the Junk you can craft BB Bullets
    with it by pressing F. Once you have a average number of BB's you can
    go sell it to a shop keeper in NCR/Shadysands, Dont forget to hold them
    in your hands.

Trading Shop keepers:

When you click down the tabs it only shows the items that match to the class Ex: Armor,Guns.

When you Trade the BB's your going to want to click the ammo tab,
    Aswell for the shopkeepers side. I'm not really sure but if you select the ammo
    tab for the shopkeeper it should show Caps/Money. Put your BB's down in the trade
    area and select the amount you want to put down. Once the BB's are put down,
    you'll see the amount of caps its worth under it. go in the shop keepers side and put
    caps down for the exact amount It shows under your BB's It cant go higher but it can
    go lower if the shop keeper is low on caps. the shop keeper gets 10k caps every hour I think.

Once you manage to get your tent the rest is up to you, I will add more to this thread
    Later. If the facepunch community is interested in starting a faction. Also sorry if my english
    sucks I don't write often on forums.

More Info and my source
    http://www.fonline2238.net/wiki/Main_Page

Faction Base

Buying A Base

You can buy your bases in Redding, Klamath and Junktown. Each time, the base seller is a trapper into the town's main bar. Bases cost 30 000 caps, 50 000 caps, 70 000 caps, 130 000 caps or 500 000 caps. You need 3 people to be with you when you buy a base.

All Available Bases

The Cave base
    Cost: 30 000 caps
    Towns: Klamath, Redding, Junktown
    The Cave, really easy to defend but a bit small.

The Depot base
    Cost: 30 000 caps
    Towns: Klamath
    Depot is a small outpost, with 3 lockers, 2 desks (one looks like a workbench), 2 shelves, and 2 table. 9 containers total

The Scrapheap base
    Cost: 70 000 caps
    Towns: Redding
    Scrapheap is a popular base costing 70 000 caps. It is larger than Depot or Cave. Its location is often between Redding and Broken Hills. It contains 5 lockers, a workbench, a still and a brahmin pen.

The Outpost base
    Cost: 130 000 caps
    Towns: Junktown
    The outpost is one of the most expensive maps : It will cost you 130 000 caps! Very easy to defend because it is surrounded by walls, it has three buildings and two tents and is one of the best base maps. Its location on the worldmap will often be between NCR and Junktown. It has a dozen of lockers, a workbench, a still,and you can find there fruits and fibers.

The Trapper Camp base
    Cost: 50 000 caps
    Towns: Klamath
    Trapper Camp

The Gas-station Camp base
    Cost: 50 000 caps
    Towns: Redding
    Gasstation Camp

The Old Bunker base
    Cost: 500 000 caps, base available via Abandoned Bunker quest
    Towns: Unknown, base available via Abandoned Bunker quest

The bunker is by far the most expensive base. While the outside part of the map is very difficult to defend, an enemy will have a very difficult time getting to the inside of a well-guarded bunker. It has fifteen lockers, a crate near its still, two computers that contain electronic parts, a waterpump, and three lockers in the walls that are difficult to see. The room that has four lockers in it is locked with a yellow keycard, making it easier to store your valuables in the event of a raid for a total of 23 storage containers

Information:http://www.fonline2238.net/wiki/Main_Page

Facepunch Faction :

I want to know if anyone plays this game. If so leave your names below
    and I will add you on a list hopefully we can get a faction going. I will
    set-up a IRC Chat for us

Current Mumble: hera.mumble-serveur.com port 17509 password indipendenza

Radio Channel

SERVER HAS BEEN WIPED
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner x 18Dumb x 8Informative x 1Late x 1Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    November 2011
    2,667 Posts
    rus????

rus?????????
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 2 (list)

3. Post #3

October 2011
    105 Posts
    ^ Why even post. :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    September 2010
    3,218 Posts
    By the looks of it, sounds fucking AWESOME.

Gonna get it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    July 2011
    312 Posts
    Hanging around guarded towns is a guaranteed way to get killed by some asshole pkers. Unguarded towns are usually deserted completely (unguarded mines are always being camped though).

6. Post #6

October 2011
    105 Posts
    I'm looking for people to start out new with me and my friends, because I'm pretty sure with the amount of people on facepunch we can make the best faction on fallout.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    18,885 Posts
    Doug
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #8

October 2011
    105 Posts
    what does that mean??
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    November 2011
    2,667 Posts
    ^ Why even post. :P
    Obviously you haven't been steamrolled by Russians in power armor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    PM ME FOR /TWO\ RUST KEYS!!
    April 2011
    5,771 Posts
    I've made a new character a few days ago, i'm level 5.

Brotip:    If you're new, get lots of ores and make gun powder/metal parts and shit, make 9mm balls with them. You get 70XP each time you craft them (everytime you craft you get around 50 9mm balls or something), and you get lots of ammo that you can use or sell if you want.   

Edited:

I'm TheStranger.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    October 2011
    177 Posts
    Sounds cool. Used to play a lot and believe me people, it's intense. Should talk about bases also, Can get your own with it's own facilities and even one with own ores to mine.

12. Post #12

October 2011
    105 Posts
    Sorry, didn't really understand what you meant.

Edited:

Sounds cool. Used to play a lot and believe me people, it's intense. Should talk about bases also, Can get your own with it's own facilities and even one with own ores to mine.
    Added the bases.

13. Post #13
    October 2011
    177 Posts
    Btw way, my name is Jackwumb0, if you guys see me anywhere near NCR.

14. Post #14

October 2011
    105 Posts
    Btw way, my name is Jackwumb0, if you guys see me anywhere near NCR.
    Alright your added and I have also added a radio channel

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    251 Posts
    Hmmm, if you guys are serious about getting a group, I think I might get back into this. I go by CptSpacepnts. I'm at the NCR.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    October 2011
    177 Posts
    Hmmm, if you guys are serious about getting a group, I think I might get back into this. I'll be going by CptSpacePants or something along those lines.
    Pretty sure I just saw you in NCR.

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,197 Posts
    I've been meaning to try this, and I'd love to get in on any Facepunch factions if we have one.

18. Post #18
    January 2008
    645 Posts
    That has never been the case in 2238.

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    251 Posts
    Pretty sure I just saw you in NCR.
    You probably did. I was running around there on a new character earlier tonight.

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,197 Posts
    Finally started playing. I'm not sure how the spawning works in this game, but I started less then a day's travel from the Hub. Came out of a hole in a tent to a caravan who offered me a job to send a message to the Hub. Did that and earned 20 caps. I started with a flower, 2 pieces of jerky, a bottle of whiskey, 2 packs of cigarettes and 21 caps. Traded the cigs, whiskey and flower for a "Rudimentary tool," I figure I might need it. With my remaining caps I'm gonna need a weapon, and the only thing I can afford is a wooden pole. I better find a job shoveling brahmin shit somewhere.

Edited:

And god damn everything is so tiny I have to lean into my screen to play.

Edited:

Nevermind I changed some resolution settings. Much better now. But for some reason all the "Hub Police Officer"s are now "Male Hero (don't use)"

Edited:

And what is with the time limit on talking and trading?

Edited:

Anybody here named something like "BeerGrylz?"

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    251 Posts
    The time limit is to prevent people from blocking access to NPCs.

Try to get to the NCR. Its to the north east. It looks like that's where most of us are focused at this moment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,197 Posts
    The time limit is to prevent people from blocking access to NPCs.

Try to get to the NCR. Its to the north east.
    Should I bother getting that wooden pole? Or is hoofing it to the NCR with my 20 remaining caps the best idea?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    251 Posts
    Should I bother getting that wooden pole? Or is hoofing it to the NCR with my 20 remaining caps the best idea?
    Hoof it to NCR. You'll probably die like 5 times getting there. But once you do, atleast I'll try and help you.

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,197 Posts
    Hoof it to NCR. You'll probably die like 5 times getting there. But once you do, atleast I'll try and help you.
    I very much appreciate it. What happens when you die? Do you just respawn the same place on the map or what?

I'm looking at the map now. You want me to try and make my way to Shady Sands, right? Looks like it might take a while, I'll see what I can do. Wish me luck.

Edited:

Well that didn't take long. I'm at the NCR. I'm suicidaln00b, by the way.

25. Post #25
    May 2008
    907 Posts
    Where can I get the master files for the install?

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,197 Posts
    Uh, how do I use the chat box?

Edited:

So I just spent an entire day picking up brahmin shit when I was supposed to "use" the shovel on it. Whoops. In completely unrelated news does anybody want 20 piles of fecal matter?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13 (list)

27. Post #27
    January 2008
    528 Posts

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,197 Posts
    OK, I managed to make about 900 caps. What should I spend them on? I can afford some leather armor, or would a padded leather jacket be better? If I scoop a little more shit I can afford a cheap gun.

Edited:

Where can I get the master files for the install?
    In your Fallout 2 folder, you need a legal version. I have the Steam version and they're in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout 2\MASTER.DAT

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    251 Posts
    OK, I managed to make about 900 caps. What should I spend them on? I can afford some leather armor, or would a padded leather jacket be better? If I scoop a little more shit I can afford a cheap gun.

Edited:

In your Fallout 2 folder, you need a legal version. I have the Steam version and they're in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout 2\MASTER.DAT
    Ammo. Loads and loads of ammo. cause you will miss. ALOT. Also decent armor will help. And when you die by the way, you loose everything, but revive at a nearby random area surrounded by friendly NPCs (tribesmen, regulators, NCR Rangers, etc)

Edit:

Also, for those of us with Steam, shall I bother to make a group for easier communication? (If you don't have it steam, you can sign up and join the group, I think.)''

Edit: Ok, got a sledge hammer and found the NCR mine. I'm gonna start cranking out ammo like crazy so let me know if any of my fellow FPers need some pistol ammo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,197 Posts
    Ammo. Loads and loads of ammo. cause you will miss. ALOT. Also decent armor will help. And when you die by the way, you loose everything, but revive at a nearby random area surrounded by friendly NPCs (tribesmen, regulators, NCR Rangers, etc)

Edit:

Also, for those of us with Steam, shall I bother to make a group for easier communication? (If you don't have it steam, you can sign up and join the group, I think.)
    Yeah, a Steam group sounds great. Be much easier to communicate.

Anyway, I'm too much of a wuss to go out and try adventuring. I don't want to die and lose all my stuff. A tent would be nice but I don't like the idea of it disappearing after 4 weeks. I don't want to go off on some long crusade and then have my tent not be there when I return. I'll just stick around the NCR and shovel shit for a while.

And was it you that gave me those 90 caps?

31. Post #31
    May 2008
    907 Posts

Edited:

The problem with that is, I have no idea where my Fallout 2 disk is, so i'm going to have to find an alternative.

32. Post #32

October 2011
    105 Posts

Edit:

Also, for those of us with Steam, shall I bother to make a group for easier communication? (If you don't have it steam, you can sign up and join the group, I think.)

Make the steam group, my steam name is mrsmee.

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    251 Posts
    Alright, the group has been made.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FPFO/

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,197 Posts
    I managed to shovel together some Leather Armor MKII and a full condition Mauser with 30 bullets. I should probably buy more bullets, I have about 200 more caps.

And I joined the group.

35. Post #35
    May 2008
    907 Posts
    Alright, I managed to find my disc, so now I got the files, I'll be on tomorrow for some time, under the name Zeroarmorclo.

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,197 Posts
    So I'm shoveling shit at the NCR and then some random guy walks up and starts shooting NPCs, so I quit before I got killed.

I logged back in and the guy was dead, but it wouldn't let me loot him. Can you loot players? So anyway I go back to shoveling shit and then something blows up so I just quit again. I'll go back later...

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    251 Posts
    Yes you can loot players. But the NPC or other people probably looted him first.

Also don't log off in towns, if my mind serves me right, your body will stay there for a few minutes before the server realizes you left.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,197 Posts
    Anybody here named "?"? I remember they asked if anyone was from Facepunch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    October 2011
    177 Posts
    Steam group made by Cap'nSpacePants is official.

40. Post #40
    February 2009
    312 Posts
    Hey guys I just started FOnline again yesterday. Made a SG craft build. So far at level 7 I got 12k caps in bank, loads of guns,ammo, armor in storage, and got Small guns crafting at 2 and Armorer at 1. I expect I might get SG crafting at 3 in a level or 2. In-game name is ComradeComm, would love to help you guys out by crafting.

Also Aperature Fan want to know how to make loads of money? Make BB's sell them at the general store in the Hub. 1400 BB's got me 5k caps. Also if the General store doesn't have caps trade your BB's for items of equal value then take said items to the Gun store and trade for caps there. You could sell the BB's at the gun store but 1400 BB's will only get you 1k caps there.