1. Post #241
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    7,775 Posts
    I've discussed with my band, and we're going to get together (hopefully) this weekend to record a cover of Trains by Porcupine Tree for this, so long as we're not too late to contribute.
    You'll be covering my favourite song and I will love you, please please do it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #242
    r. panda is a racist and ibuwebu is mai waifu
    Dennab
    May 2006
    12,080 Posts
    lol i almost have a band together. we're gonna play a misfits song. i'll record it with my camera and put up the shit audio hell yeah

3. Post #243
    November 2011
    723 Posts
    So uh, are we just going to each upload our parts and pray they match up or what?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #244
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    2,037 Posts
    You'll be covering my favourite song and I will love you, please please do it
    It's my favourite song. The song that inspired me to play guitar and the one biggest influence on my writing as a whole. Thus why we're covering it.
    Well, that and we already know how to play it...

5. Post #245
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,872 Posts
    Nice improv btw, kit ;)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #246
    July 2010
    10 Posts
    Might cover this if i can find the time to do so.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #247
    "We should allow child labor overseas ...the sweatshop is what is saving the 9 year old worker"
    April 2007
    6,864 Posts

Edited:

Oh of course the pin prick is missing. Now I have to export it again... Have some other stuff to fix up that doesn't sound so good with headphones.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #248
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    2,037 Posts
    Nice improv btw, kit ;)
    You make me sound like shit though...

9. Post #249
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,872 Posts
    Since we aren't getting enough songs, I'm entering this one as well, if that's ok with the op:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #250
    "We should allow child labor overseas ...the sweatshop is what is saving the 9 year old worker"
    April 2007
    6,864 Posts
    Unless there are objections, this is my submission.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

11. Post #251
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts
    why'd you squeeze it that much?

12. Post #252
    r. panda is a racist and ibuwebu is mai waifu
    Dennab
    May 2006
    12,080 Posts
    squeeze?

13. Post #253
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts
    compression.

14. Post #254
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    7,775 Posts
    Yeah the waveform is like almost solid

actually it reminds me, to be honest, more of the billy sherwood version than the pink floyd version

But that may just be me

15. Post #255
    April 2007
    6,864 Posts
    why'd you squeeze it that much?
    Woops. Didn't realize I was compressing it that much. Should be better in the newer version I upload. Personally I have a tough time telling if something is over-compressed.

16. Post #256
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts
    well when the waves look like a box, that's probably a sign of over-compression

17. Post #257
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,872 Posts
    Yeah the waveform is like almost solid

actually it reminds me, to be honest, more of the billy sherwood version than the pink floyd version

But that may just be me
    I do like the slide guitar.

Edited:

Also, update the OP killer and put my entry in there.

18. Post #258
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    7,775 Posts
    I do like the slide guitar.

Edited:

Also, update the OP killer and put my entry in there.
    Could you do the template stuff for me as well
    I'm not really fussed about it because its a bit fussy, but all I have is your soundcloud submission and none of the accompanying text unless I missed it?

19. Post #259
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,872 Posts
    Sorry, forgot about that. My mistake.

Song title: Always & Never
    Your artist name: Mr._N
    The original artist's name: Coheed and Cambria
    Description: A straight cover with me on clean electric guitar and all vocal duties.
    Why you chose to cover the song: I've always liked this song for its simplicity, portrayal of innocence, the dark and unexpected ending, and also the great harmonies.
    Music Page:http://soundcloud.com/m_duren316
    Song Link:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

20. Post #260
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    7,775 Posts
    Sorry, forgot about that. My mistake.

Song title: Always & Never
    Your artist name: Mr._N
    The original artist's name: Coheed and Cambria
    Description: A straight cover with me on clean electric guitar and all vocal duties.
    Why you chose to cover the song: I've always liked this song for its simplicity, portrayal of innocence, the dark and unexpected ending, and also the great harmonies.
    Music Page:http://soundcloud.com/m_duren316
    Song Link:
    All good, in the list, thanks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #261
    April 2007
    6,864 Posts
    If we need another song, I can whip up my Baby cover.

22. Post #262
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    20,789 Posts
    I'll always be glad to write more medleys when needed.

23. Post #263
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,872 Posts
    If we need another song, I can whip up my Baby cover.
    Do it, it'll be hilarious.

24. Post #264
    April 2007
    6,864 Posts
    Here is my Baby demo. The main riff is what is inspired from the original, but there will be screaming of the lyrics added to the other parts.

25. Post #265
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,872 Posts
    CLEAR

26. Post #266
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,927 Posts
    Shit, I had no idea this project existed, could I submit a cover by my friend and I, or what?

27. Post #267
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,872 Posts
    Do it, the thread would greatly appreciate it.

Edited:

lol I'm glad I bumped it.

28. Post #268
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    12,580 Posts
    I have a cover of this sitting around that I could probably touch up. Should I or is it too obscure? It's much shorter compared I think. I just don't want to submit anything that's way out of place.

29. Post #269
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    20,789 Posts
    Do it.
    The more varied the album is, the better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #270
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    7,775 Posts
    Do it.
    The more varied the album is, the better.
    That said it is not surprising that there is more than one pink floyd cover knowing this forum

31. Post #271
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    20,789 Posts
    That said it is not surprising that there is more than one pink floyd cover knowing this forum
    Well, Pink Floyd made the second best selling album of all time, so yeah, not really surprised.
    However, I am surprised that there isn't a single Beatles cover yet. I myself don't like the band, but I'd think a lot of people do.

32. Post #272
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    7,775 Posts
    Well, Pink Floyd made the second best selling album of all time, so yeah, not really surprised.
    However, I am surprised that there isn't a single Beatles cover yet. I myself don't like the band, but I'd think a lot of people do.
    I think Pink Floyd has a greater following on FP than the Beatles, from what I've seen

33. Post #273
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    20,789 Posts
    I think Pink Floyd has a greater following on FP than the Beatles, from what I've seen
    Probably because Pink Floyd are more proggy than the Beatles.
    Facepunch wanks over prog, and I'm not any different.

34. Post #274
    January 2012
    480 Posts
    Facepunch wanks over dubstep and metal.
    ftfy (just imo)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

35. Post #275
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    20,789 Posts
    ftfy (just imo)
    I can tell that you haven't been here for long.
    Facepunch is absolutely disgusted by dubstep.
    Metal? Sure, but then again, its a really wide genre, so not a surprise.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #276
    January 2012
    480 Posts
    I can tell that you haven't been here for long.
    Nope, but I've lurked enough to know better, sorry. The dubstep part was more for the "lol my first dubstep song" people (but I'm one of those people so I have nothing to say), I know that about the more frequent posters, but most of the threads on the first page is dubstep. But they're pretty good and better than anything I've made so again I can't say anything. I fail at posting back to lurking for me.

Edit: Ah! A disagree, and someone's quoted me so I can't -snip-, I have to accept what said and take the consequences D: (I wish there was a backwards D)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

37. Post #277
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    20,789 Posts
    Nope, but I've lurked enough to know better, sorry. The dubstep part was more for the "lol my first dubstep song" people (but I'm one of those people so I have nothing to say), I know that about the more frequent posters, but most of the threads on the first page is dubstep. But they're pretty good and better than anything I've made so again I can't say anything. I fail at posting back to lurking for me.

Edit: Ah! A disagree, and someone's quoted me so I can't -snip-, I have to accept what said and take the consequences D: (I wish there was a backwards D)
    Indeed, in this section, you are correct, but you forget that all of facepunch isn't the Musician's Gig Room.
    Plus this section is a ghost town anyways.
    Also, you seem to overreact over ratings.

38. Post #278

December 2011
    606 Posts
    I just finished the "instrumentals" for "You suffer" cover, Ill do vocals later this week.

39. Post #279
    August 2009
    671 Posts
    I'll add my acoustic cover of Friday I'm in Love. Actually just finished it today. I'm uploading it atm.

40. Post #280
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,872 Posts
    I'll add my acoustic cover of Friday I'm in Love. Actually just finished it today. I'm uploading it atm.
    Well, it's been three days now.