Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,690 Posts
    artistically oriented people, then.

Edited:

wait that sounds like a sexuality.
    I'm not different from anyone else.

2. Post #522
    "We should allow child labor overseas ...the sweatshop is what is saving the 9 year old worker"
    April 2007
    6,864 Posts
    I'm just waiting for the tracks. I'll do the mastering and everything once I get them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Useful Useful x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #523
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts
    you're not gonna add echo or reverb to my tracks dude i will kill you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #524
    "We should allow child labor overseas ...the sweatshop is what is saving the 9 year old worker"
    April 2007
    6,864 Posts
    Delay and reverb is not being added. Just ignore any discussion about that as it isn't happening.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #525
    r. panda is a racist and ibuwebu is mai waifu
    Dennab
    May 2006
    12,080 Posts
    there is no reason this shouldn't be released already rofl

6. Post #526
    RSN
    August 2008
    563 Posts
    Is there still any possibility for me to join? I can get the recording finished pretty soon.

7. Post #527
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,872 Posts
    PM killerteacup. And while you're at it, tell him to send the tracks to Pepin already.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #528
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,872 Posts
    BUMP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #529
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,872 Posts
    BUMP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #530
    August 2009
    670 Posts
    any day now

11. Post #531
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,872 Posts
    B
    U
    M
    P

12. Post #532
    April 2007
    6,864 Posts
    I'll give it a bump this time. I really want this to get out because I think Mr._N and I did a fantastic job with our cover.

13. Post #533
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,872 Posts
    This is really disappointing...

14. Post #534
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    20,756 Posts
    Killer is probably never going to upload the songs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

15. Post #535
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    7,767 Posts
    The last one is uploading now. Should be ready in about 5 minutes. i made a mediafire folder for them, hope it works.

Sorry about the wait, I'd explain but anything now would probably be a pretty worthless explanation.

Anyway, http://www.mediafire.com/?b8zoiy1n71y3m
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

16. Post #536
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    20,756 Posts
    Party time
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #537
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,690 Posts
    -snip

18. Post #538
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,690 Posts
    please remove my Rocket Man cover, I realise Elton John may not find the humour in it.

Phil Collins on the other hand, is still a joker. So here's In The Air Tonight.
    http://soundcloud.com/akayz_people/a...night/download
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

19. Post #539
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,872 Posts
    Bamp.

20. Post #540
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,690 Posts
    how many songs were submitted?

21. Post #541
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    7,767 Posts
    16 all up

22. Post #542
    April 2007
    6,864 Posts
    Be sure to post the topic link here. I don't really browse GD.

23. Post #543
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,690 Posts
    who be uploading this?

24. Post #544
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    7,767 Posts
    Is it not being mastered?

25. Post #545
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    20,756 Posts
    Be sure to post the topic link here. I don't really browse GD.
    But you're supposed to upload this?
    I'm just waiting for the tracks. I'll do the mastering and everything once I get them.

26. Post #546
    April 2007
    6,864 Posts
    Wait, yeah. I didn't see the edited post with the links.

27. Post #547
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,690 Posts
    Wait, yeah. I didn't see the edited post with the links.
    skip out Rocket Man and click the soundcloud I posted. It's in 16bit wav so it's all good. :-)

28. Post #548
    April 2007
    6,864 Posts
    Annoyingly enough, having an issue with the download. It wants me to install the media fire tool bar in order to download, but when I try installing it, I am told that I need to uninstall the previous version of the ask tool bar. I don't have the ask toolbar installed...

Edited:

Actually, I just realized I can download one by one.

29. Post #549
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    20,756 Posts
    My tracks might need a bit of mastering, since I completely suck at mixing/mastering

30. Post #550
    April 2007
    6,864 Posts
    My tracks might need a bit of mastering, since I completely suck at mixing/mastering
    I'll do a bit of work on it. There is a bit of an issue with the beginning of the song being far too soft.

Edited:

I'm not sure if kitteh-nator intended to throw a distortion pedal on the master bus.

Edited:

Alright, volume leveled it. Will need to another pass tomorrow. Also need to figure out the track order and who the artists of some of these songs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #551
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    7,767 Posts
    I think I posted a list somewhere in the thread, let me see if I can dig it up.

Edited:

Current list
    The Beat Goes On - Sonny and Cher (Vedicardi)
    Storm The Embassy - Stray Cats (Vedicardi)
    The Grand Medley - Various (Hakita)
    The Gaming Medley - Various (Hakita)
    War? - System of a Down (Project Laser Storm/Guitarmonkey)
    One Must Fall 2097 - Kenny Chou (HulluV3)
    Green is the Colour - Pink Floyd (Hooky)
    Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd (Pepin)
    Phil Collins - In the Air Tonight (AK'z)
    Friday I'm in Love - The Cure (Falloutguy)
    Hit Me Baby One More Time - Britney Spears (kitteh-nator)
    Nocturne - Debussy (Thisispain)
    Avast Your Ass - Kitsune2 (ExEcuteFox)
    Walking On Sunshine - Katrina and the Waves (Awesomesauce/Chaz13)
    Always & Never - Coheed & Cambria (Mr._N)
    Your Hand in Mine - Explosions in the Sky (K2cougar)

Those all should be there theoretically

32. Post #552
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    20,756 Posts
    I think that you should switch things up a bit so that 2 songs by the same guy wont be right after eachother.

33. Post #553
    April 2007
    6,864 Posts
    What exactly is "In The Pines"?

Edited:

The current track order is

Nocturne
    Comfortably Numb
    Avast Your Ass
    One Must Fall
    The Gaming Medley
    War?
    Always and Never
    Walking On Sunshine
    Green is the Colour
    Friday I'm in Love
    In The Pines
    In The Air Tonight
    Hit Me Baby One More Time
    Beat Goes On
    The Grand Medley

If a person submitted more than one track, it was put at the end of the album. The order of the album is semi-random, semi-chosen. The chosen part are what songs are around a song, the random part is where those songs are on the album.

The goal was variety and decent transitions. I am going more for an album type feel, so there are some crossfades and overlaps, but they aren't poorly executed. I feel as though the volume leveling is pretty decent, but it is important to realize that it can only be so good with

If there is any disagreement about the order, crossfades, or anything else, please let me know. I'll be uploading the album today, so it might make sense to comment upon hearing it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #554
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    7,767 Posts
    must have been a late submission? scan the thread

35. Post #555
    April 2007
    6,864 Posts
    OP Test

What needs to be done
    -Refine the OP
    -A back cover with the track list and album credits
    -Verification that I didn't screw anything up
    -Custom header for bandcamp site (optional)
    -----------

To listen, click the album cover.

What is this project all about?
    This is a collaboration where musicians from Facepunch work independently on covers and submit songs for the album. There are few requirements and no genre restrictions which allow for a lot of diversity.

Referrals
    If you like the album, promote it. Send it to friends and family, post it on your facebook and blog.

Song List
    Song title: Nocturne
    Your artist name: Thisispain
    The original artist's name: Claude Debussy
    Description: I listened to a lot of German Prog and thought Nocturne would sound cool like it.
    Why you chose to cover the song: Nocturne is one of the first pieces i really studied on piano.
    Music Page: http://soundcloud.com/thisispain

Song title: Comfortably Numb
    Your artist name: Pepin
    The original artist's name: Pink Floyd
    Description: This cover attempts to replicate the original. Of course that is impossible, but this is to the best of my ability. Hopefully we did get across the Floyd sound. Thanks to Mr._N and Kittenhacker for helping out.
    Why you chose to cover the song: Pink Floyd changed my musical taste and David Gilmour, so it only makes sense to do a tribute.
    Music Page: http://soundcloud.com/pepin/

Song Title: Avast Your Ass
    Your artist name: Sound Elements
    The original artist's name: Kitsune2
    Description: Hands-Up Remix of Avast Your Ass
    Why you chose to cover the song: Really like the song so I thought of putting my own style on it
    Music Page: http://soundcloud.com/sound-elements

Song title: One Must Fall 2097
    Your artist name: Hullu V3
    The original artist's name: Kenny Chou
    Description: The main theme from the awesome 1993 ROBOT fighting game. Interpreted to the guitar with a sprinkle of metal flavour.
    Why you chose to cover the song: If you've played it, you don't have to ask.
    Music Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/Rofflens

Song title: The Gaming Medley
    Your artist name: Hakita
    The original artist's name: Various
    Description: Don't meddle with the medley.
    Why you chose to cover the song: Because I fucking love vi
    Music Page: http://soundcloud.com/hakita

Song title: War?
    Your artist name: Project Laser Storm
    The original artist's name: System of a Down
    Description: Instrumental cover of War? by System of a Down. Bass, drums, 8bit noise and choir are synthesized. The guitar is the only real instrument.
    [B]Why you chose to cover the song:[/B I really like SOAD , so I figured the best way of showing my appreciation would be the raping of one of their best songs.
    Music Page: http://soundcloud.com/project-laser-storm

Song title: Storm The Embassy
    Your artist name: Vedicardi/Reset Generation
    The original artist's name: Stray Cats
    Description: Did this in two hours for fun. Who needs drums when you have a wooden table?!
    Why you chose to cover the song: My favorite Stray Cats song
    Music Page: https://www.airbornemusic.com/resetgeneration

Song title: Always & Never
    Your artist name: Mr._N
    The original artist's name: Coheed and Cambria
    Description: A straight cover with me on clean electric guitar and all vocal duties.
    Why you chose to cover the song: I've always liked this song for its simplicity, portrayal of innocence, and the dark and unexpected ending.

Song title: Walking On sunshine
    Your artist name: AwesomeSauce
    The original artist's name: Katrina & The Waves
    Description: Happy song with wonderful trumpets.
    Why you chose to cover the song: It was originally for college.
    Music Page: http://soundcloud.com/awesomesaucee

Song title: Green is the Colour
    Your artist name: James Van Wart
    The original artist's name: Pink Floyd
    Description: I saw your thread and then I recorded this .
    Why you chose to cover the song: This is one of my most favorite songs by Pink Floyd.
    Music Page: http://soundcloud.com/james-van-wart

Song title: Friday I'm in Love
    Your artist name: Jesse Ford
    The original artist's name: The Cure
    Description: Acoustic cover of Friday I'm in Love originally by "The Cure" featuring me on guitar and lead/backup vocals
    Why you chose to cover the song: It's one of my favorite songs at the moment and I figured it could get me some exposure
    Music Page: http://socialrevolution.bandcamp.com/

Song title: In The Pines
    Your artist name: The Wait
    The original artist's name: Leadbelly
    Description: Blues song redone with the style of me
    Why you chose to cover the song: I like the original song and I like the early blues stuff
    Music Page:
    http://www.reverbnation.com/TheWaitFletcher

Song title: In the Air Tonight
    Your artist name: Akayz
    The original artist's name: Phil Collins
    Description: Ambient cover of a popular song - features vocals, drum machine and effects by me.
    Why you chose to cover the song: I saw the original as very atmospheric as a pop record even though most people think of pretty much only the drum solo. By removing that explosive section, I thought I'd remind people of the more relaxing nature of it.
    Music Page: http://soundcloud.com/akayz_people

Song title: Hit Me Baby One More Time
    Your artist name: kitteh-nator
    The original artist's name: Britney Spears
    Description: Noise rock cover (warning, really noisy) of Britney Spears hit Hit Me Baby One More Time. First time I actually did vocals for anything.
    Why you chose to cover the song: Beats me.
    Music Page:http://soundcloud.com/2hushit

Song title: The Beat Goes On
    Your artist name: Reset Generation
    The original artist's name: Sonny Bono & Cher
    Description: It's a cover song, recorded by Reset Generation, in the style of Buddy Rich
    Why you chose to cover the song: I really like Buddy Rich's rendition of this song and tried to copy it, then make it my own.
    Music Page: http://airbornemusic.com/resetgeneration

Song title: The Grand Medley
    Your artist name: Hakita
    The original artists' name: Elton John; Pink Floyd; Megadeth; KMFDM; Metallica; Emerson, Lake & Palmer; Rush; Dream Theater; Transatlantic
    Description: Its a medley. Its pretty grand. Oh and also it has shit RSE.
    Why you chose to cover the song: There is NO WAY I could only cover one song. Also, I didn't write in every song I wanted to, so that it's not 40 minutes long.
    Music Page:http://soundcloud.com/hakita
    http://hakita.bandcamp.com/
    FAQ

Q: Is it really free?
    A: Yes.

Q: You said it was free but it is asking me for a price.
    A: Try entering in "0" for a price. If that doesn't work we likely ran out of download credits.

Q: If I donate money where will it go?
    A: It could go one of two places. The first being to download credits. Bandcamp gives you 200 download credits each month. Download credits allows you to download the album or a song in whatever format you want for a credit per song. When the album releases, the credits get eaten up pretty quickly due to how many songs are on the album. The credit package is as follows:

$9 USD for 300 download credits
    $20 USD for 1000 download credits
    $75 USD for 5000 download credits

After the amount of traffic slows down to a point where nobody is really downloading anymore, the rest of the money will go towards a charity. The charity in particular will depend upon a vote granted there is a decent amount of money. If there is only 30 cents left, voting or donating wouldn't make much sense for obvious reasons.

Q: How was the track order decided?
    A: If a person submitted more than one track, it was put at the end of the album. The order of the album is semi-random, semi-chosen. The chosen part are what songs are around a song, the random part is where those songs are on the album.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #556
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,690 Posts
    i'm amazed. well done.

Edited:

list artists in the OP too.

Edited:

if the songs are listed in the OP, they're much more likely to click the album imo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #557
    April 2007
    6,864 Posts
    The artists and songs are going to be on the back cover whenever somebody makes it.

38. Post #558
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,690 Posts
    -snip-

39. Post #559
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    20,756 Posts
    Since I made the front cover, I might as well make a back cover, even though it'll probably just be like purple text over a white background.

40. Post #560
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,690 Posts
    would be nice to have all the album covers from which the songs are from.

someone came up with that idea before.