In other news, today I hacked into my school's website
    What did you do to their website?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #522
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,516 Posts
    Create your CV in InDesign, that's how the pros do it
    Nah, I want it viewable on the net. I discovered a new CSS attribute in Chrome 17.

-webkit-print-color-adjust: exact;

Add that to elements with a background (image or colour) and it will allow it to be printed!

Edited:

I think Firefox allows it by default without a CSS attribute, since version 3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #523
    italian
    June 2011
    2,644 Posts
    What did you do to their website?
    They used a premade social network software and the version they used was old and had an issue in the search where the limit parameter would not be sanitized before being added to the query. That allowed me to access pretty much anything in the database. In the database was also stored the path to the document root of the server. I tried to use that path to write a php file in the document root through a sql query but fortunately the mysql user had FILE privileges disabled.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #524
    July 2007
    1,282 Posts
    Our rap website is going strong. Tons of visitors and frontpage of hiphop on reddit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Funny Funny x 2 (list)

5. Post #525
    Mexican Moderator
    May 2009
    1,737 Posts
    I'm redoing a lot of gradstr, here is a new login page I made

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 10 (list)

6. Post #526
    Upload Images
    April 2011
    729 Posts

Just add cursor: pointer for the login button and for looks a possible darken hover effect on the button
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #527
    November 2011
    482 Posts

What's with the ASCII art on the source of www.gradstr.com?
    http://pastebin.com/rY76Wzz8
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #528
    secretly a furry
    April 2011
    2,022 Posts
    What's with the ASCII art on the source of www.gradstr.com?
    http://pastebin.com/rY76Wzz8
    Ugh, he's watermarking his work? Not sure what's so bad about that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #529

Edited:

(bottom half is whitespsace)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

10. Post #530
    Mexican Moderator
    May 2009
    1,737 Posts

Edited:

(bottom half is whitespsace)
    huh I thought I fixed that hold on

fixed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #531
    February 2011
    920 Posts
    Still white space for me
    (Chrome 1280x1024)

12. Post #532

13. Post #533
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,516 Posts

You should make use of the placeholder attribute. Blank inputs are scary
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

14. Post #534
    November 2007
    748 Posts
    Been working on that design for a bit of time now.
    It's still WIP, but some parts are already "working" (aka the page has it's final look)
    This site is the administration panel for my game cloud system, and it's the first design I do from scratch.

http://www.bisounoursparty.com/designtest/

Comments appreciated.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events

15. Post #535
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,516 Posts
    It's still WIP, but some parts are already "working" (aka the page has it's final look)
    This site is the administration panel for my game cloud system, and it's the first design I do from scratch.

Comments appreciated.
    A full width design probably isn't suited very well to a control panel.

If I was you, I'd create the game first so you actually have some content to design around.

16. Post #536
    November 2007
    748 Posts
    The game is created, and the cloud system is being remade. Actually, this design is originated from the game's ingame menu.

It's a source mod btw, not a browser game.

17. Post #537
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,516 Posts
    The game is created, and the cloud system is being remade. Actually, this design is originated from the game's ingame menu.

It's a source mod btw, not a browser game.
    Oh right, I wasn't sure about the game part.

18. Post #538
    November 2007
    748 Posts
    Np, my bad, I wasn't clear about that sorry.

19. Post #539
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    932 Posts

Comments appreciated.
    I'm sorry but that font is fucking hideous. Especially for the nav bar. I really like the colours you are using, they blend so well and are pleasing to look at. But that fucking font...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #540
    November 2007
    748 Posts
    I'm sorry but that font is fucking hideous. Especially for the nav bar. I really like the colours you are using, they blend so well and are pleasing to look at. But that fucking font...
    any particular font in mind to replace the current one ?

21. Post #541
    Self-Boosting Retard
    February 2010
    1,241 Posts
    any particular font in mind to replace the current one ?
    Lobster and Helvetica Neue alternating by character for the entire page, bonus points if you use javascript to swap them every half second.

I don't think this is really going for a professional look, more about fun, and I think that the font in use is alright for that, even if it is by itself a pretty bad font. I'd say thank the heavens for small blessings that it's not Comic Sans and call it a day, personally.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

22. Post #542
    Meow :3
    July 2005
    6,058 Posts

woo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 8Programming King Programming King x 4Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #543
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    1,647 Posts
    Kohana's docs are terrible. I cannot for the life of me figure out how validation errors work.

24. Post #544
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events

25. Post #545
    dubstep
    August 2005
    4,193 Posts
    Made this funnel page:

http://stepdub.com/publish-dubstep

My friend is working on the uploader script atm.

I'm turning http://stepdub.com into a dubstep publishing/promotion website, I also modified the theme on Stepdub, to reflect the new logo more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Isle of Man Show Events

26. Post #546
    Dennab
    November 2011
    1,860 Posts
    I can't take a screenshot because I don't know how to linux, but are the first few pixels of the header text supposed to be cut off like that or is it just happening for me?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Europe Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #547
    italian
    June 2011
    2,644 Posts

Extravagant?

Also your ip address is still a bit visible in the pic, you might want to edit it out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

28. Post #548
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    1,690 Posts
    Made this funnel page:

http://stepdub.com/publish-dubstep

My friend is working on the uploader script atm.

I'm turning http://stepdub.com into a dubstep publishing/promotion website, I also modified the theme on Stepdub, to reflect the new logo more.
    Neigbours?
    Pretty sure it's neighbours, mate.

29. Post #549
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,821 Posts

The text is all kinda aliased (due to the contrast I think mostly) - maybe try adding a small shadow or changing the rendering intent?

That image is pretty pointlessly huge also - don't do that with jpegs it's a lot more wasteful than a PNG. Why aren't you using a PNG?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

30. Post #550
    italian
    June 2011
    2,644 Posts
    That image is pretty pointlessly huge also - don't do that with jpegs it's a lot more wasteful than a PNG. Why aren't you using a PNG?
    Listen to him, pngs are great for representing very large adjacent areas of the same color. Also you could just have the text as a transparent png and center that over a black bg.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #551
    Dennab
    November 2011
    1,860 Posts
    on the topic of that header, I think it should be a little smaller, takes up way too much space currently

Edited:

not the actual text but just the padding above and below it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Europe Show Events

32. Post #552
    dubstep
    August 2005
    4,193 Posts
    Sorting it out now mateys.

Good spot on the neigbours thing too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Isle of Man Show Events

33. Post #553
    February 2011
    920 Posts
    Search results needs tweaking slightly:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #554
    RUBY OVERLORD
    November 2011
    2,115 Posts
    I can't take a screenshot because I don't know how to linux, but are the first few pixels of the header text supposed to be cut off like that or is it just happening for me?
    scrot
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events

35. Post #555
    dubstep
    August 2005
    4,193 Posts
    Neighbours is fixed!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Isle of Man Show Events Programming King Programming King x 1 (list)

36. Post #556
    Dennab
    November 2011
    1,860 Posts
    that's offensive
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Europe Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #557
    italian
    June 2011
    2,644 Posts
    that's offensive
    Code:
    find | look | talk | talk | touch | finger | unzip | flex | head | tail | mount | workbone | fsck | yes | gasp | fsck | more | yes | yes | eject | umount | makeclean | zip | split | done | exit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

38. Post #558
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    2,196 Posts
    I always laugh way too much at:

Code:
    man touch
    I've done it so many times anyone looking at my command history might assume I have severe memory issues.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

39. Post #559
    dubstep
    August 2005
    4,193 Posts
    Alright I made this actionscript/flash visualizer for videos that i'll be publishing on Stepdub:

As you can see, it's dynamic and reacts to the beat.

Any improvements I can make on it?

Uploading a better test video
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Isle of Man Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #560

May 2011
    213 Posts
    You've gotta watch this, best geek video I've seen in a long time. It highlights some quirks of Ruby and JavaScript while being hilarious at the same time: https://www.destroyallsoftware.com/talks/wat
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)