1. Post #841
    March 2011
    26 Posts

Would just like to thank TerabyteS for designing the logo and giving feedback!
    How fitting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #842
    secretly a furry
    April 2011
    2,023 Posts
    How fitting.
    hey bby

Looks like it would be an amazing thing to use on a tablet. Wouldn't it be awesome to be able to draw in the textarea?
    I've got big features planned for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

3. Post #843
    italian
    June 2011
    2,645 Posts

What the hell.

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events

4. Post #844

February 2012
    135 Posts
    http://www.architech.fi/rehabcenter

I'm quite new to webdesigns. Hope i could get some opinions about the design, been working on this now for a few days with some other projects going on :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #845
    I've come to claim my title of worst pen tool user on Facepunch (if not the world).

I was trying to follow an Illustrator tutorial on a 50's poster because I love that old retro-look, but I gave up after trying to make the guy for 45 minutes. I think I'll just stick to CSS. I knew there was a reason I avoided that pen tool.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13 (list)

6. Post #846
    I paid $2 for this
    October 2010
    791 Posts
    Code:
    <? for($i = 0; $i < 200; $i++){ 
      echo "<div style=\"position:fixed;width:".(1250-($i*6))."px;height:".(1250-($i*6))."px;background-color:rgb(".(($i*1)%255).",".(($i*4)%255).",".(($i*8)%255).");\">";} 
     for($i = 0; $i < 200; $i++){ echo "</div>"; } ?>

Watch that in firefox 3d thing. Or go tuxedogaming.com/troll.php
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

7. Post #847
    open.gl
    February 2007
    7,431 Posts
    What would be the best syntax highlighter to use for a web page? I want something very simple and lightweight like this and it only has to highlight C++ code.

8. Post #848
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,516 Posts
    This is a popular one: http://alexgorbatchev.com/SyntaxHighlighter/

You could remove all the other languages, if you wanted.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

9. Post #849
    RUBY OVERLORD
    November 2011
    2,115 Posts
    What would be the best syntax highlighter to use for a web page? I want something very simple and lightweight like this and it only has to highlight C++ code.
    coderay is great if you don't mind something on the server side
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

10. Post #850
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    98 Posts
    Purchased http://eagam.es a few days ago; currently got it redirecting to ValveSoftware.com.

Anyone think of anything better I can do with that domain?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Programming King Programming King x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #851
    I paid $2 for this
    October 2010
    791 Posts
    Purchased http://eagam.es a few days ago; currently got it redirecting to ValveSoftware.com.

Anyone think of anything better I can do with that domain?
    Why would you register a domain before you know you will have use for it? I understand if it was something extremely awesome like game.com or web.com but eagam.es ???
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #852
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    98 Posts
    Why would you register a domain before you know you will have use for it?
    Domain hoarding.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #853
    open.gl
    February 2007
    7,431 Posts
    coderay is great if you don't mind something on the server side
    Thanks. That one guy was using the Ruby gem ultraviolet, he compiles the HTML and uploads it.

14. Post #854
    italian
    June 2011
    2,645 Posts
    Domain hoarding.
    People like you are the rot of the web
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree x 12Dumb x 3Funny x 2Informative x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #855
    secretly a furry
    April 2011
    2,023 Posts
    People like you are the rot of the web
    All the people who've rated you dumb have never had to think of a decent name for a product that has an available domain. Most of the time domain hoarders want more than 2k for a domain.

Edited:

Point in question:
    Hi Sebastian,

Thank you for your interest in noteble.com. We are the registrar for the domain and have been asked by the owner to broker a deal on their behalf.

The owner has countered your offer of $250 with US $2,000. This offer is good for seven calendar days.

Please let me know if you would like to proceed at their asking price, have a counter offer, or would like to end negotiations.

Thanks!
    Wow, what a joke.
    Hi Sebastian,

Thank you for the quick response. I will let the owner know you are no longer interested in the domain.

Good luck with your endeavors.

Melissa
    Fuck you Melissa.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 10Friendly Friendly x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #856
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,369 Posts
    All the people who've rated you dumb have never had to think of a decent name for a product that has an available domain. Most of the time domain hoarders want more than 2k for a domain.

Edited:

Point in question:

Fuck you Melissa.

Completely agree!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

17. Post #857
    Tuba Player Extraordinaire
    January 2006
    3,592 Posts
    Can I get some feedback on what I can do so far to make it better? I really need some help.

http://i.imgur.com/mvbIC.png

18. Post #858
    secretly a furry
    April 2011
    2,023 Posts
    Can I get some feedback on what I can do so far to make it better? I really need some help.

http://i.imgur.com/mvbIC.png
    The header and the content don't contrast well because of the background, try making it more softer. Line height on the content might also be an issue try this and see if it looks any better.

19. Post #859
    January 2006
    3,592 Posts
    The background of the content box I am assuming? Also, could I possibly add you on steam? I would really appreciate your time as I think I am in need of more guidance. Don't worry, I wont be asking for help with code.

20. Post #860
    secretly a furry
    April 2011
    2,023 Posts
    The background of the content box I am assuming? Also, could I possibly add you on steam? I would really appreciate your time as I think I am in need of more guidance. Don't worry, I wont be asking for help with code.
    I meant the blue blackground. I don't use Steam that often if you want you can add me on Skype, "sebmck".

21. Post #861
    January 2006
    3,592 Posts
    I meant the blue blackground. I don't use Steam that often if you want you can add me on Skype, "sebmck".
    I appreciate the help. Thank you!

22. Post #862
    January 2006
    3,592 Posts
    Improved quite a bit, will post another screen as it develops further.

23. Post #863
    Dennab
    February 2012
    2,299 Posts
    Looks like it would be an amazing thing to use on a tablet. Wouldn't it be awesome to be able to draw in the textarea?
    I'd package it into an android webview application so its fullscreen.
    But yeah it looks great, I'd use it.

24. Post #864

July 2007
    864 Posts
    Could i get some feedback on this?
    It's a newly started project I'm doing for my dad.
    http://puu.sh/hWrP
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

25. Post #865

May 2011
    213 Posts
    Fuck yeah, Laravel 3 just got released. I'm working on transferring my app over.

26. Post #866
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    1,648 Posts

Edited:

Point in question:

Fuck you Melissa.
    Supply and demand.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #867

July 2007
    864 Posts
    Could i get some feedback on this?
    It's a newly started project I'm doing for my dad.
    http://puu.sh/hWrP
    Also ignore the wooden thing, I just realized I've still got that. It was just for marking out the right bar.

28. Post #868
    I paid $2 for this
    October 2010
    791 Posts
    Also ignore the wooden thing, I just realized I've still got that. It was just for marking out the right bar.
    I don't like the purple.

29. Post #869
    secretly a furry
    April 2011
    2,023 Posts
    Supply and demand.
    Yeah because that makes it so much more right. I doubt if my offer wasn't the first for that domain.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

30. Post #870
    how can you love some-one if you can't eat a brick
    July 2011
    1,320 Posts
    I just found this, yo dawg

https://github.com/nikic/PHP-Parser
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

31. Post #871
    RUBY OVERLORD
    November 2011
    2,115 Posts
    I use this in my PHP obfuscator, it's one of the better PHP libraries out there
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

32. Post #872
    Unmetered VPS
    June 2010
    1,247 Posts

clicky for biggie
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events

33. Post #873
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    949 Posts

clicky for biggie
    So basically it's an aggregator like the one I was working on a few pages back?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events

34. Post #874
    Unmetered VPS
    June 2010
    1,247 Posts
    So basically it's an aggregator like the one I was working on a few pages back?
    Certainly seems similar (though currently pulsefeed focuses on rss feeds, but the plan is to include articles/links from facebook & twitter), I assume you are referring to bugle?

Either way I've been working on PF for months now: http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1165100

35. Post #875
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    949 Posts
    Certainly seems similar (though currently pulsefeed focuses on rss feeds, but the plan is to include articles/links from facebook & twitter), I assume you are referring to bugle?

Either way I've been working on PF for months now: http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1165100
    Oh you miss-understood me, I wasn't trying to imply that you were in any way copying Bugle. I was just confused at first as to the purpose of Pulsefeed so I was asking if it was similar in function to what Bugle was. Having actually played around on the site and setup some feeds I can say I'm very impressed by Pulsefeed and would love to see it have facebook and twitter feeds in the future :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

36. Post #876

July 2007
    864 Posts
    I don't like the purple.
    I'll get another one to see how it goes.

37. Post #877
    Unmetered VPS
    June 2010
    1,247 Posts
    Oh you miss-understood me, I wasn't trying to imply that you were in any way copying Bugle. I was just confused at first as to the purpose of Pulsefeed so I was asking if it was similar in function to what Bugle was. Having actually played around on the site and setup some feeds I can say I'm very impressed by Pulsefeed and would love to see it have facebook and twitter feeds in the future :D
    hehe, my apologies if I came off as rude!

PF might be going under a major overhaul over the next few days (though it probably won't look any different). The plan is to make the php side/etc a pure API-only setup, on pulsefeed.net.

Then pulsefeed.com would simply be css & javascript, a web-app as it were. This setup would make it super-simple to build further apps (for iphones, etc), and the same for 3rd party apps.

38. Post #878
    Meeting with investors and CEO going on behind me and I smirk every time I hear the name "long mcdonald" read off the comps they're looking at
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

39. Post #879
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,516 Posts
    The new Sublime Text 2 icon is rather pukie to say the least.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

40. Post #880
    italian
    June 2011
    2,645 Posts
    The new Sublime Text 2 icon is rather pukie to say the least.
    And to say it was made by the icon factory.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)