1. Post #921
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,516 Posts
    Nothing, so I guess I will use that.
    or you could find out why die() isn't working.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #922
    Self-Boosting Retard
    February 2010
    1,241 Posts
    die() has never worked for me under xampp but exit() works just fine and one is meant to be an alias of the other
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

3. Post #923
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    3,202 Posts

Gettin' there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #924
    January 2010
    2,553 Posts
    I think I made my background swell (or at least better):

5. Post #925
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    3,202 Posts
    -snip-

6. Post #926
    italian
    June 2011
    2,644 Posts

For some reason my portfolio site's source files folder weights more than 8GB. What the heck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Funny Funny x 7Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #927
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,622 Posts
    On the topic of domain names ( like two pages back, but whatever ), Valve must be pissed. As steam.com honestly isn't being used at all, even though Valve has probably offered them thousands for the domain.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #928
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    440 Posts
    die() has never worked for me under xampp but exit() works just fine and one is meant to be an alias of the other
    Interesting - I have found that in some windows installations "exit;" does not work but "exit();" does so make sure you include the brackets.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

9. Post #929
    italian
    June 2011
    2,644 Posts
    Interesting - I have found that in some windows installations "exit;" does not work but "exit();" does so make sure you include the brackets.
    Wouldn't doing exit; just be a reference the function and not a call? Of course that would not work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #930
    November 2011
    482 Posts

Been working on a new personal site. I'm a bit shite at web design though, so it's not great. A start though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #931
    open.gl
    February 2007
    7,431 Posts
    For my ~infamous~ open.gl tutorial I'm using PHP Markdown, highlight.js and Google Web Fonts now. I think the result is pretty neat.

The new style makes it much nicer to read and Markdown is nicer than wiki syntax as well.

Source
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 3Useful Useful x 1 (list)

12. Post #932
    Meow :3
    July 2005
    6,045 Posts
    oooh that's nice
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #933
    July 2010
    1,750 Posts
    not really waywo, but I found this while looking through MyBB codes

I don't really know why I'm posting, but I remember some sex joke codes from fp
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

14. Post #934
    RUBY OVERLORD
    November 2011
    2,115 Posts
    Wouldn't doing exit; just be a reference the function and not a call? Of course that would not work.
    see that's what any sane language would do (and indeed, JS, C, C# and plenty other languages will all give you a reference to a function when you don't put in parentheses)

however, this is php - where shit like exit is not a function but rather a fucking language construct (wtf)

Edited:

where's the barf emote when you need it

Edited:

that's retarded lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #935
    February 2012
    87 Posts
    Currently I have http://keysle.com/tagged/project as my layout for showcasing my projects.

How should I organize my projects page? I've thunk on this for 2 weeks straight.. holding off many of my projects. I'm just gonna ask for some help.

I just need a design concept. That's all

I want to be able to sort the projects by "importance", "type (game/website/software)" & "date"
    So please consider that in your suggestion.

I want the projects to have a thumbnail for people to preview. So that's going to take up some space.

I want people to be able to click on one project and expand it on the same page.
    There will be 5 data members to each project
    download link / link to site
    title
    description
    extra links (youtube, website redirects, fanpages, etc)

Also. What are some good colors for innovation? I was thinking white (majority) tangy orange hints and aquatic blue hints.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #936
    Dennab
    February 2012
    2,299 Posts
    Currently I have http://keysle.com/tagged/project as my layout for showcasing my projects.

How should I organize my projects page? I've thunk on this for 2 weeks straight.. holding off many of my projects. I'm just gonna ask for some help.

I want to be able to sort the projects by "importance", "type (game/website/software)" & "date"

I want the projects to have a thumbnail for people to preview. So that's going to take up some space.

I want people to be able to click on one project and expand it on the same page.
    title
    description

Also. What are some good colors for innovation? I was thinking white (majority) tangy orange hints and aquatic blue hints.
    http://themeforest.net/category/wordpress/blog-magazine

Consider having a look around here for a few ideas.
    You might want to go with a brighter overall theme for your site, a light neutral background (with a texture if you wish) The structure of your page seems fine, it just needs to be easier to look at.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

17. Post #937
    italian
    June 2011
    2,644 Posts
    I don't really know why I'm posting, but I remember some sex joke codes from fp
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure that was me

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Funny Funny x 9Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

18. Post #938
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,516 Posts
    For my ~infamous~ open.gl tutorial I'm using PHP Markdown, highlight.js and Google Web Fonts now. I think the result is pretty neat.

The new style makes it much nicer to read and Markdown is nicer than wiki syntax as well.

Source
    Dat font smoothing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

19. Post #939
    italian
    June 2011
    2,644 Posts

Source
    Please upload that page and let us customize it to see who can make it look the best
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #940
    HTML email development is like stepping back 15 years in time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

21. Post #941
    italian
    June 2011
    2,644 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Funny Funny x 6Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #942
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2012
    1,137 Posts

title
    description

"miglet" lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

23. Post #943
    I paid $2 for this
    October 2010
    780 Posts
    I love how it turns everything to caps and ends all sentences with !111!!!11!!!!

Randomly adding OMG, WTF and LOL gives it the final touch .
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #944
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,288 Posts
    - Snip -
    Wrong WAYWO. Sorry, I don't belong in this dominion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #945
    July 2010
    1,750 Posts

I made this so it works on MyBB!

now time to make user log... like fp in the left bottom side. (if possible)

Download http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6380033/manynewposts.zip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 4 (list)

26. Post #946
    mcskinsearch
    February 2010
    1,054 Posts
    I have to say GIT is the shit. Now I can test locally, if successful push to the master and then run a git pull on the live web server. I take it most of the professional web devs have a similar method.

I'd love to hear how you test and push code.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

27. Post #947
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    932 Posts
    Been working on a website to run those forum roleplay civ's they do over in Fast Threads. Little gif showing a days progress.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

28. Post #948
    secretly a furry
    April 2011
    2,022 Posts
    What exactly was the purpose of using a gif?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #949
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    932 Posts
    What exactly was the purpose of using a gif?
    what exactly was the purpose of your question?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

30. Post #950
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2012
    1,137 Posts
    Asking why you posted a gif instead of a regular picture?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #951
    mcskinsearch
    February 2010
    1,054 Posts
    It's pretty obvious that a gif does no justice for showing static content.

Edited:

When reading a sentence specifically or even just trying to asses your design.

32. Post #952
    secretly a furry
    April 2011
    2,022 Posts
    Only case where it would have been necessary was if it was a time lapse. The image changes way too fast.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #953
    JWJ
    Meepwnd
    April 2010
    3,322 Posts
    Been working on rewriting LethalDrive's control panel, in Ruby on Rails no less. My main goal is to use the latest technologies available and increase responsiveness as much as possible, so I've been using Faye pub/sub messaging for server<->server and server<->browser communication. All the logic for server types (e.g. Teamspeak, Minecraft, TF2) is defined in the code rather than in scripts and the database and such, all you have to do is derive from the main Service class and define your methods. Defining a job for a service, say the stop method for a Minecraft server, is as simple as this:

class MinecraftServer < Service

extend JobManager

# other definitions and crap.

define_job :stop
    	def do_stop(job)

configure_screen
    		if screen_started?
    			job.send_message "Stopping server"

screen_command "stop" # Safe stop command for Minecraft

time = 0
    			while screen_started? and time < 10 do
    				time += 1
    				if time == 5 then
    					job.send_message "Forcing termination in 5 seconds."
    				end
    				sleep(1)
    			end

if screen_started?
    				job.send_message "Server was terminated."
    				screen_kill
    			else
    				job.send_message "Server safely stopped."
    			end

self.started = false
    			self.save
    		else
    			job.send_message "Server is already stopped."
    		end

end

end

Then I just call service.call_stop from my controller and it creates the job, messages the remote worker via Faye, and then the remote worker sends messages back to the browser which pop up as notifications. I've also implemented PJAX so only the middle content reloads with a fade, rather than the entire layout reloading. (GitHub's repo browser uses this, but with sliding)

Another cool thing I've put in is the live metrics of the node's performance, they smoothly shift to their values with new data coming in every second.

Screenie:

Right now the node statistics is an AJAX request that's running on an interval, with a worker collecting statistics every second on the node and saving them to the database. I'm thinking I could save both on database load and webserver load by having the statistics worker just send the data over a Faye channel to any subscribed browsers rather than querying the hell out of the database and having the webserver have to handle so many requests, so I'm probably gonna go implement that now. I'm planning on storing the statistics as well, but they don't need to be every second, so I'll likely just sample over time and save that every 10 seconds or so.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 12Winner Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #954
    Meow :3
    July 2005
    6,045 Posts
    what about memcached?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #955
    I have to say GIT is the shit. Now I can test locally, if successful push to the master and then run a git pull on the live web server. I take it most of the professional web devs have a similar method.

I'd love to hear how you test and push code.
    I do it the same way but it's automated via capistrano.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Programming King Programming King x 1 (list)

36. Post #956
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2012
    1,137 Posts
    Awesome! About damn time you got away from the retarded cousin of sane languages and finally switched to something decent

The design looks pretty sweet, but I'm not feeling those black-on-black icons in the header of the content columns.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

37. Post #957
    JWJ
    Meepwnd
    April 2010
    3,322 Posts
    Awesome! About damn time you got away from the retarded cousin of sane languages and finally switched to something decent

The design looks pretty sweet, but I'm not feeling those black-on-black icons in the header of the content columns.
    Mmyes, I had a spark of inspiration one day and decided to write my first RoR app. Took a couple rails new calls before I had the hang of it though. Thanks for the comments, although the template itself is Simplpan by Kaasper. I did theme it a little bit for LethalDrive though.

I implemented the Faye message for node statistics and it works perfectly, the browser is constantly receiving new node statistics and slowly animating those bars to match it. Now to get the console working.

38. Post #958
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    3,202 Posts

Project for my computer science class.
    http://games.toaster468.com/game.php?g=6

I have to finish some stuff add a homepage, etc.

39. Post #959
    July 2010
    1,750 Posts

Project for my computer science class.
    http://games.toaster468.com/game.php?g=6

I have to finish some stuff add a homepage, etc.
    you mean 4 way pong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #960
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    3,202 Posts
    you mean 4 way pong.
    That's what the name of the game is, I didn't name it. But yeah I agree silly name.