1. Post #2601
    I'm a tool
    June 2009
    1,323 Posts
    Thanks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #2602
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    440 Posts
    Just stumbled across a website using one of my plugins.

Was reading this: http://gravityonmars.com/2012/03/28/...-on-wordpress/
    Went to the demo: http://wp-svbtle.bootstrapthem.es/
    Went to: http://bootstrapthem.es/

And bingo - I recognise that rather crude logo. First time I have completely independently stumbled across someone using it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #2603
    italian
    June 2011
    2,644 Posts
    Code:
    position: relative;
    top: 4px;
    On the images
    more like

Code:
    vertical-align: middle;
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 9Programming King Programming King x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #2604
    DPRKFC
    March 2012
    793 Posts
    I put up a public demo for Otis with a working server!
    http://otis.coronia.info

Username is Otis
    Password is OtisDemo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #2605
    italian
    June 2011
    2,644 Posts

Username is Otis
    Password is OtisDemo
    Instead of
    Code:
    <input type="text" name="username" value="Username">
    use
    Code:
    <input type="text" name="username" placeholder="Username">
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Useful Useful x 3Disagree Disagree x 1Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #2606
    DPRKFC
    March 2012
    793 Posts
    Instead of
    Code:
    use
    Code:

Thank you.

Edited:

I'm going to start making my templates uniform. I have CSS includes scattered across the heads and such. Not good.

Also, with Flask, @import in CSS doesn't work.
    I'd imagine it does with nginx + FastCGI.

Edited:

OK. done.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #2607
    Dennab
    February 2012
    2,299 Posts
    Instead of
    Code:
    use
    Code:
    This unfortunately doesn't work in IE9 and below.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #2608
    CoderHire
    November 2007
    1,466 Posts
    This unfortunately doesn't work in IE9 and below.
    placeholder.js
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 2Useful Useful x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #2609
    DPRKFC
    March 2012
    793 Posts

Otis changes:
    +Player data
    *Fixed ability to spawn multiple SRCDS processes
    +Added config list
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #2610
    October 2007
    436 Posts
    I made the shittiest website I could:
    http://www.dontgohere.torba.us/
    (dont sue me)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 2Programming King Programming King x 1 (list)

11. Post #2611
    italian
    June 2011
    2,644 Posts
    I'm going to build a simple unnamed multiplayer platformer game as an exercise to learn to use node.js and socket.io.

Right now I've got a simple framework going (based on express) which uses coffeescript for the scripts, less for the stylesheets and jade for the html.

Here's the game page with the canvas that will contain the game itself.

https://github.com/gabrielecirulli/platformer-game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Funny Funny x 2Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #2612
    Dennab
    November 2011
    1,860 Posts

I'm going to tweak/completely change my logo at some point I think, that's pretty much just a placeholder. This is the theme that I'm going to go for on my portfolio, nice and simple, projects will be shown where there are currently placekittens and smaller thumbnails beneath and probably even a drop-down description of some sort below that.

I'm going to start the html/css tomorrow after I've worked out exactly how I want anything, can I get some criticism on the colours and whatnot? I'm not sure about the pale blue.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Europe Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #2613
    Mexican Moderator
    May 2009
    1,737 Posts

Username is Otis
    Password is OtisDemo
    Should usernames really be case sensitive? Took me a minute to realize it was rejecting the login because I didn't have a capital O in Otis. I understand passwords, but usernames?!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #2614
    DPRKFC
    March 2012
    793 Posts
    Should usernames really be case sensitive? Took me a minute to realize it was rejecting the login because I didn't have a capital O in Otis. I understand passwords, but usernames?!
    Fixed/

15. Post #2615
    zhed+redball.jpg
    May 2010
    1,367 Posts

I'm going to tweak/completely change my logo at some point I think, that's pretty much just a placeholder. This is the theme that I'm going to go for on my portfolio, nice and simple, projects will be shown where there are currently placekittens and smaller thumbnails beneath and probably even a drop-down description of some sort below that.

I'm going to start the html/css tomorrow after I've worked out exactly how I want anything, can I get some criticism on the colours and whatnot? I'm not sure about the pale blue.
    To be honest, personally I think that specific blue color is a little "babyish". Don't know what other people thinks tough.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #2616
    Emz
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,317 Posts

Username is Otis
    Password is OtisDemo
    IE really does not like your site at all.

The site is looking fairly nice though some of the padding is still inconsistent and navigation needs re-thinking. Though I'm assuming all of that is WIP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #2617
    Facepunch's #1 Huskybutt
    July 2011
    2,090 Posts
    IE doesn't like anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP France Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #2618
    ezio audtioriet
    May 2007
    1,337 Posts
    No doctype is assigned so it goes to quirks mode automatically, that's probably why. I helped make the design, but I'm fairly shit at design and it was just meant to be something I could use at the time. Hence the incosistent padding and such, but with the users we have using it (at the other system) they don't really mind since what they use it for is get information.

But yeah, style could use some finishing touches - I agree.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #2619
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    21,217 Posts
    http://worldofvagax.com/classy/
    I'm making certain pages that shows a picture that fits the music, main purpose is to let it serve as a relaxing (Ambient) music site.

Any suggestions on how to make it more attractive? (Or better)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

20. Post #2620
    zhed+redball.jpg
    May 2010
    1,367 Posts
    I'm making certain pages that shows a picture that fits the music, main purpose is to let it serve as a relaxing (Ambient) music site.

- More music in one "room" (as you call them yourself :))
    - Picture slideshow? (can be disabled)
    - option for graphic quality
    - a better text box in the different "rooms"
    - more rooms too choose from

my opinions :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #2621
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    21,217 Posts
    - More music in one "room" (as you call them yourself :))
    - Picture slideshow? (can be disabled)
    - option for graphic quality
    - a better text box in the different "rooms"
    - more rooms too choose from

my opinions :)
    Shall see what i can do, thanks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #2622
    Grimpunch Games
    May 2005
    523 Posts

Phoenix Wright Jazz, rain sounds... bookmarked. :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #2623
    italian
    June 2011
    2,644 Posts
    Today was my first day of work at Usablenet (I'm on an internship)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Winner x 4Friendly x 2Informative x 1Useful x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

24. Post #2624
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,091 Posts
    Do they essentially get contracts to build mobile apps and such for big companies?

25. Post #2625
    June 2010
    129 Posts
    I made this site alone in a period of a few months, it was for my MYP project. Everything is made from scratch
    it's more of a test site.

heres the adress:

http://alex1996arm.site40.net/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #2626
    RUBY OVERLORD
    November 2011
    2,115 Posts
    did you ask for any money yet
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #2627
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,423 Posts

Username is Otis
    Password is OtisDemo
    it looks nice but your logs are severely broken on firefox unless the intention was to make me scroll to see each log message

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #2628
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    932 Posts
    I made this site alone in a period of a few months, it was for my MYP project. Everything is made from scratch
    it's more of a test site.

heres the adress:

http://alex1996arm.site40.net/
    you have a few errors,

Also all welcome to grorious readers birday bonanza
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #2629
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,423 Posts
    also I feel like the "Back" button should be on the left side, not the right

Edited:

yeah just break my automerge, see if I care :'(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #2630
    italian
    June 2011
    2,644 Posts
    did you ask for any money yet
    No, considering they just gave us a Mac and told us to go browse w3schools
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Funny Funny x 14Dumb Dumb x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #2631
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,516 Posts
    So how many interns are you with? Considering you said "us"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #2632
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    1,690 Posts
    Sent my CV to 4 companies today, gonna try and work for the summer as a web developer in a company, try to make some money.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Programming King Programming King x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Useful Useful x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #2633
    RUBY OVERLORD
    November 2011
    2,115 Posts
    van der B, C.

[h2]Rsum[/h2]

OBJECTIVE:

Create and synergize innovative and compelling Web 2.0 solutions by leveraging actionable paradigms to integrate best-of-breed services and to maximize the window of opportunity in intuitive empowerment.

EXPERIENCE:

* deployment via FTP
    * php wizard (3 years experience in functions.php)
    * RoR on rails
    * HTML5/jQUERY/AJAX
    * Motivated and result-driven team player - proactive, not reactive
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 11Winner Winner x 2 (list)

34. Post #2634
    Dennab
    November 2011
    1,860 Posts
    ruby on rails on rails
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Europe Show Events Late Late x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #2635
    ruby on rails on rails
    Adobe AIR Runtime
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 4Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #2636
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    1,690 Posts
    Turb, you forgot "Master in ASP.NET (VisualBasic)".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #2637
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,091 Posts
    I was watching a video and this guy made a 2 pixel divider using a gradient, is this common to do? I didn't know you could do such a thing in css? Here's my try but I just get one thick line that definitely wider than a pixel and the second line doesn't even show.
    Code:
    -webkit-gradient(
    			linear,
    			left top, right top,
    			from(#f8eedf),
    			color-stop(63.5%, #f8eedf),
    			color-stop(63.6%, #fff7ea),
    			color-stop(63.6%, #dfcdb2),
    			color-stop(63.7%, #e8d8c0),
    			to(#f8eedf)
    		);

38. Post #2638
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    3,193 Posts
    http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1193453

You guys should change your passwords, Tuts+ was hacked.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #2639
    ezio audtioriet
    May 2007
    1,337 Posts
    i know im not working on this but you guys are fairly educated

how does this work
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #2640
    italian
    June 2011
    2,644 Posts
    Sublime Text 2 has been released! http://www.sublimetext.com/blog/

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Winner Winner x 5Informative Informative x 3Late Late x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)