1. Post #2921
    May 2010
    1,086 Posts
    quite slowly working on a web game run by javascript.
    I have quite a ways to go for the homepage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

2. Post #2922
    September 2011
    251 Posts
    My site has been up for a couple of weeks now but I haven't posted it here, so here goes:

http://kircode.com/

cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #2923
    italian
    June 2011
    2,644 Posts
    -picsnip-

Feedback?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Anonymous Proxy Show Events Informative Informative x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #2924
    RUBY OVERLORD
    November 2011
    2,115 Posts
    And integration tests with Cucumber
    When I write tests
    Given that I am a programmer
    And everyone reading these tests is a programmer
    And even if a 'business person' wants to make changes they'll still manage to fuck up this faux-english bullshit syntax
    Why should I have to write shit like this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

5. Post #2925
    Pass along
    May 2008
    4,065 Posts

Feedback?
    ( Looks like one of those lolblogs. But classy. )

Only thing I find out of place is "The Feed" which kind of sounds like a b - movie. Why not just call it "Feed"?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #2926
    italian
    June 2011
    2,644 Posts
    Looks like one of those lolblogs. But classy.
    Thanks, it pretty much is one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Anonymous Proxy Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #2927
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,749 Posts

Learned HTML + CSS Yesterday, hope it's clean enough, making a very basic layout.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5 (list)

8. Post #2928
    Pass along
    May 2008
    4,065 Posts
    Are those rounded corners images?

border-radius should work fine in a simple case like yours.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #2929
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,749 Posts
    Are those rounded corners images?

border-radius should work fine in a simple case like yours.
    Rounded, yes.

And okay :), ill try to use that instead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

10. Post #2930

November 2011
    45 Posts

How's that compare to my previous one? I decided not to mess around with the colors just yet. I just removed the border around the "Welcome" bar and space everything out a bit more. I still think it can be improved a lot -- something(s) about it just doesn't feel right. Maybe it's too bare? I haven't done web/graphics design in so long...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #2931
    italian
    June 2011
    2,644 Posts

How's that compare to my previous one? I decided not to mess around with the colors just yet. I just removed the border around the "Welcome" bar and space everything out a bit more. I still think it can be improved a lot -- something(s) about it just doesn't feel right. Maybe it's too bare? I haven't done web/graphics design in so long...
    Try to avoid using heavy borders and contrast between backgrounds or even containers altogether if you're striving for minimalism.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events

12. Post #2932
    Upload Images
    April 2011
    727 Posts
    wrong thread. /snip.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

13. Post #2933

November 2011
    45 Posts
    Try to avoid using heavy borders and contrast between backgrounds or even containers altogether if you're striving for minimalism.
    I don't really understand what you mean -- your wording is slightly ambiguous. Could you please elaborate or give an example?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

14. Post #2934
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    1,690 Posts
    So yeah, I'm going to work for one of the most successful web-dev companies in Lithuania from the 7th of August :D Can't wait to start working there, I really liked the atmosphere and the people there seem very nice.

Also, another company called me today (I've sent them my CV), but obviously I already got a better offer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

15. Post #2935
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,749 Posts
    So yeah, I'm going to work for one of the most successful web-dev companies in Lithuania from the 7th of August :D Can't wait to start working there, I really liked the atmosphere and the people there seem very nice.

Also, another company called me today (I've sent them my CV), but obviously I already got a better offer.
    Congratulations

Anyways, what is the smartest way to get the box under neath the other, on the right side.. ?
    Code:
    #box_top {
     width: 263px;
     height: 55px;
     border: 1px solid #00;
     padding-left: 55px;
     padding-top: 13px;
     color: white;
     background:url(img/box2.png);
     margin-left: 350px;
     }

#box_mid {
      width: 293px;
      padding-left: 25px;
      background:url(img/box1.png);
      color: white;
      } 

#box_down {
     width: 318px;
     height: 13px;
     background:url(img/box3.png);
     }

16. Post #2936
    When I write tests
    Given that I am a programmer
    And everyone reading these tests is a programmer
    And even if a 'business person' wants to make changes they'll still manage to fuck up this faux-english bullshit syntax
    Why should I have to write shit like this
    I thought it was weird when I first used it but I played around with it a little more and ended up liking it. I've always figured that it's to make the tests easier to read by 'business people', not to write. If you're running CI and business people are able to check build status they'll be able to tell what is going on a lot more easily this way.

I like it, but I do write integration tests with RSpec sometimes too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

17. Post #2937
    Congratulations

Anyways, what is the smartest way to get the box under neath the other, on the right side.. ?
    Put both boxes in their own <div>s and set display: inline-block on the divs. Also, use classes for rules that (can) apply to more elements, IDs for single elements.

18. Post #2938
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,749 Posts
    Put both boxes in their own <div>s and set display: inline-block on the divs. Also, use classes for rules that (can) apply to more elements, IDs for single elements.
    Okay, thanks!

19. Post #2939
    I'm working on hating Magento more. Working on a product display page. If I upload an image for the product in the admin panel it shows up fine in the admin panel. If I try to call it on the front-end it doesn't. BUT WAIT! If I request the small image or thumbnail on the front-end and then resize it to the size I want it works.. What the fuck?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #2940
    MyBigBoner.com
    March 2009
    4,412 Posts
    validation, client and server side

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 India Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #2941
    I paid $2 for this
    October 2010
    780 Posts

I suggest keeping the text inside the fields black.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 6Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #2942
    italian
    June 2011
    2,644 Posts

dat corners

Edited:

I don't really understand what you mean -- your wording is slightly ambiguous. Could you please elaborate or give an example?
    I meant that I think you should reduce the border shadow, reduce the difference between the page's background and the container's and possibly even let go of the container all together (setting it to have no background)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #2943
    I'm working on hating Magento more. Working on a product display page. If I upload an image for the product in the admin panel it shows up fine in the admin panel. If I try to call it on the front-end it doesn't. BUT WAIT! If I request the small image or thumbnail on the front-end and then resize it to the size I want it works.. What the fuck?
    Jesus christ, now it's also deciding to randomly leave a couple template files out of the page when I run a few data reading methods in another unrelated template. Methods that should not be changing the state of the application at all...

24. Post #2944
    italian
    June 2011
    2,644 Posts
    Jesus christ, now it's also deciding to randomly leave a couple template files out of the page when I run a few data reading methods in another unrelated template. Methods that should not be changing the state of the application at all...
    Sounds like you're having a very fun time!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #2945
    Tons of fun haha. I just fixed it the hacky way because all the error logs are empty and I don't have time to try to dig way in and figure out what's going on.

Of course, as soon as I moved the piece of code that was reading that data to a different file, the other files magically started working. The best part of that whole thing was that the data was actually being read and printed correctly... (and the printing wasn't the issue because if I commented out everything but the line that was reading data it still broke the other template files)

26. Post #2946
    italian
    June 2011
    2,644 Posts
    My site has been up for a couple of weeks now but I haven't posted it here, so here goes:

http://kircode.com/
    For some reason I find the way you display your work a bit annoying. No offence intended.

Edited:

Probably because you refer to yourself in third person and mention your name a lot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #2947
    July 2012
    28 Posts
    Writing a very scalable nodejs web framework with coffeescript, stylus and eco. View templates are cached and all js and css is compressed.
    Aren't the words nodejs and scalable antonyms? lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #2948
    secretly a furry
    April 2011
    2,022 Posts
    Aren't the words nodejs and scalable antonyms? lol
    no
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

29. Post #2949
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,749 Posts

Looks like the Text is just a little to close to the left-side of the boxes, look at the "3" for example, or the "J".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #2950

November 2011
    45 Posts

Decided to play around with the colors and the blur a bit. Aye?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7 (list)

31. Post #2951
    The shadow on the links looks too fuzzy. The "Welcome" piece needs more vertical padding.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #2952
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,749 Posts

Decided to play around with the colors and the blur a bit. Aye?
    Too "neon"-ish combined with the soft color of the "Welcome" background.

33. Post #2953
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,128 Posts
    those corners are really giving me an eyesore :(
    why are you using them everywhere? it doesn't really seem to fit the theme, it's more like something for some space or futuristic cyberpunk website.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #2954
    MyBigBoner.com
    March 2009
    4,412 Posts
    ^^ok, done a bit of changes. It's not cyberpunk now

Thanks everyone for the inputs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 India Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #2955
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    932 Posts
    ^^ok, done a bit of changes. It's not cyberpunk now

Thanks everyone for the inputs.
    The font on the submit and reset buttons can go to hell

more letterspacing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #2956
    MyBigBoner.com
    March 2009
    4,412 Posts
    ^^I like that font. Here is how it looks with spacing, not good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 India Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6 (list)

37. Post #2957
    November 2008
    1,193 Posts
    Do not like the font.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

38. Post #2958
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    9,788 Posts
    That font is only meant to be used in large headings, not 12pt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #2959
    MyBigBoner.com
    March 2009
    4,412 Posts
    So, why not suggest a good font for that ?

Verdana is fine ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 India Show Events

40. Post #2960

November 2011
    45 Posts

Iteration 4! Suggestions, please...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Artistic Artistic x 2Winner Winner x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)