1. Post #4601
    December 2007
    411 Posts
    I changed them all to PT Sans.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

2. Post #4602
    Jaykin Bacon: Episode 3
    May 2005
    2,420 Posts
    Can someone help me smoothing out the round edges in this gif ? Or guide me how to anti alias that without looking bad.

It looks bad on black background.
    You can't really make the edges look smooth while making it transparent. Transparency in the GIF format uses index transparency, so a single colour on the palette represents a 'transparent' colour.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #4603
    You can't really make the edges look smooth while making it transparent. Transparency in the GIF format uses index transparency, so a single colour on the palette represents a 'transparent' colour.
    ^This. Maybe you could split the image into a .gif and a .png.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Netherlands Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

4. Post #4604
    I'm a bit like this.
    June 2012
    2,178 Posts
    God damn it, I need an idea. All I keep doing is re-designing my personal site.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #4605
    Facepunch's #1 Huskybutt
    July 2011
    2,092 Posts
    I think there should be a website design competition with themes and what not, like the gamemode creating contests you can find in the Garry's Mod section.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP France Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

6. Post #4606
    May 2008
    305 Posts
    Working on Ezly:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 France Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

7. Post #4607
    MyBigBoner.com
    March 2009
    4,529 Posts
    Thanks for the info !

^This. Maybe you could split the image into a .gif and a .png.
    That worked like a charm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 India Show Events

8. Post #4608
    Meow :3
    July 2005
    6,058 Posts
    I think there should be a website design competition with themes and what not, like the gamemode creating contests you can find in the Garry's Mod section.
    Have themes like 'modern' or 'retro'
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #4609
    Facepunch's #1 Huskybutt
    July 2011
    2,092 Posts
    Have themes like 'modern' or 'retro'
    How about, We actually set a competition like this up ourselves, and see where it goes from there? The only real thing stopping us (and by us I mean me, I don't know about you) is the lack of prizes I can afford to award to people.

On a more "on-topic" note, how is this for a 404 page? and should I have a set of pre-written texts from which the paragraph is selected from so it changes from time to time? I want it to seem nice but I don't want it to turn into a feature.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP France Show Events

10. Post #4610
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,329 Posts
    For the guy that was making the bug tracker, I made one about a month ago and just kind of stopped making it. It has admin abilities and per submitter abilities, comments, ticket colors, and all that good stuff, user login, profile pages. All with a very basic/simple design.

Home/List of bugs was still being worked on

View Ticket
    -Only admins and the ticket submitter are allowed to edit the options, if you see that I can edit it, it is because I am marked as admin.

Submit Ticket

Manage Options, this is admin only.

the link is www.followacard.com

For those going to register to test it out, all the information will be wiped when I decide to do something with it and no information is saved.

I have deleted all the information in it, and anyone can register to check it out, if you would like me to continue working on it, let me know. I made quite a bit of progress.

I would probably start from scratch if I were to continue it.

Also, first time posting in here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

11. Post #4611
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    5,635 Posts
    I got paid $50 to make this for an overworked university student
    Simple 40 minute site using jQuery Mobile.
    http://pdo.elementfx.com/mobile.html
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4Winner Winner x 2 (list)

12. Post #4612
    Guru mediation error
    July 2012
    6,599 Posts
    Very sublime, I love the design.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #4613
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,329 Posts
    Very sublime, I love the design.
    Thanks a ton! any ideas of what could be added/changed? Like I said, if people like it I will add to it and make it 100% and release it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

14. Post #4614

September 2011
    142 Posts
    How about, We actually set a competition like this up ourselves, and see where it goes from there? The only real thing stopping us (and by us I mean me, I don't know about you) is the lack of prizes I can afford to award to people.
    Could not agree more. I mean, I would be willing to run the competition if needed, but again, not sure about the prizes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

15. Post #4615
    secretly a furry
    April 2011
    2,022 Posts
    Only problem is there's quite a large skill gap in this section.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 7Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #4616
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    5,635 Posts
    Thanks a ton! any ideas of what could be added/changed? Like I said, if people like it I will add to it and make it 100% and release it.
    Overall it's very clean and well layed out, but there were a couple of things that I would (emphasis personally) prefer differently.
    Firstly, there's no padding in the inner container, shown here:

I'd personally prefer that with a little bit of padding.

Not a big fan of the cross / delete button you have either, but again, that's personal preference.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

17. Post #4617
    Upload Images
    April 2011
    729 Posts

Don't see why it's dumb, it's my business logo.

Got it for $3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Programming King Programming King x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #4618

September 2011
    142 Posts
    Same thing in the Lua Comp though. The skill levels will always vary.

19. Post #4619
    March 2011
    936 Posts
    Well every person will compete for the best design but then someone will win the worst design... no gap skill to win anymore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Portugal Show Events

20. Post #4620
    italian
    June 2011
    2,644 Posts
    A contest might be fun, but I'm unsure many of us would be able to invest time and effort in it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Anonymous Proxy Show Events Programming King Programming King x 1 (list)

21. Post #4621

September 2011
    142 Posts
    Shall I get around to the concept and stuff then or hold off?

22. Post #4622
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    5,635 Posts
    I'd vote to do it just because I'd like the practice of designing to a brief, but no point if I was the only one doing it.

23. Post #4623
    Dennab
    November 2011
    1,860 Posts
    I'd get involved, not done any design for a while. We'd all get stomped by Tera but it'll be fun anyway. I doubt anybody will be able to invest too much time in it, but that isn't a big deal. Let it run for a while to appeal to more people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Europe Show Events

24. Post #4624

September 2011
    142 Posts
    I say the people who would like to join in get given a certain theme and from that theme they have to create something from scratch within a certain time frame (X amount of weeks). If people were willing enough to donate or maybe even someone could arrange a free web host for the winner and something for the runners up or something along the lines of that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #4625
    zhed+redball.jpg
    May 2010
    1,380 Posts
    Can someone help me smoothing out the round edges in this gif ? Or guide me how to anti alias that without looking bad.

It looks bad on black background.
    Can I use it for a non commercial use? More specifically on the site you was helping me with? :) It's just gonna be used for a school presentation and only hosted on dropbox. And I can give you credits in the footer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

26. Post #4626
    MyBigBoner.com
    March 2009
    4,529 Posts
    ^^Sure !

You can also get the gif foreground and png background from below given links for smooth edges workaround (use background-image and src to set background and foreground respectively):

foreground gif:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/131183/w8.gif

background png:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/131183/w8.png
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 India Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #4627
    I'm a bit like this.
    June 2012
    2,178 Posts
    ^^Sure !

You can also get the gif foreground and png background from below given links for smooth edges workaround (use background-image and src to set background and foreground respectively):

foreground gif:

background png:
    Or you could just make a div with the image inside and style the background like that in CSS. Instead of having two images load.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

28. Post #4628
    August 2012
    35 Posts
    Hey guys, I have been working on something. Not much though... and yes I know it isn't perfect but hey. I'm not that old too but I am proud :D
    www.haleemhussain.comoj.com

Hosting From 000Webhost, so yah. That is for the weird domain
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

29. Post #4629
    zhed+redball.jpg
    May 2010
    1,380 Posts
    ^^Sure !

foreground gif:

background png:
    Thank you!
    Don't need those two, but thanks.
    1. It loads fast enough for you to not notice.
    2. I don't want to break the lightbox.. which is jQuary. And you know how that ended :)

Edited:

Hey guys, I have been working on something. Not much though... and yes I know it isn't perfect but hey. I'm not that old too but I am proud :D

After reading it, my eyes started bleeding. Not a comfortable choice of color.
    Should do something with that :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #4630
    #YOLO
    July 2011
    1,609 Posts
    design my personal site then :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #4631
    Facepunch's #1 Huskybutt
    July 2011
    2,092 Posts

Primary colors are never good, even worse when they are on a black background. I think you should consider picking a light grey background, and changing the font colors to dark grey. After that, you should choose another font. Preferable sans-serif I think (but that's personal choice). If you have trouble finding web compatible fonts, Google has an extensive range of them, with easy instructs on how to use them in your site. For styling, you should use CSS, which isn't at all hard to get into, so have a look at it.

All in all, I think as a first(?) website, it isn't at all bad. I will post an image of what it would look like if you changed what I said, with detailed descriptions of what I changed in order to get that effect if you want.

I went of the top a bit with picking loads of fonts, but it was to show that you don't need to limit yourself to one font per page.

I can PM you the code I used to get those effects, but if you don't want to, you might find some things worth searching up, like The Golden Ratio. In short, the golden ratio is a coefficient that many artists believe makes things more aesthetic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP France Show Events

32. Post #4632
    I'm a bit like this.
    June 2012
    2,178 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc9W2LrFPZM&t=20s

design my personal site then :D
    I'm actually up for that. Unless you're kidding.

33. Post #4633
    August 2012
    35 Posts
    Thanks James xX. Urmm yeah sure, I will take your advice and I might add you on steam. My name is Mr.Badass Panda

Edited:

Primary colors are never good, even worse when they are on a black background. I think you should consider picking a light grey background, and changing the font colors to dark grey. After that, you should choose another font. Preferable sans-serif I think (but that's personal choice). If you have trouble finding web compatible fonts, Google has an extensive range of them, with easy instructs on how to use them in your site. For styling, you should use CSS, which isn't at all hard to get into, so have a look at it.

All in all, I think as a first(?) website, it isn't at all bad. I will post an image of what it would look like if you changed what I said, with detailed descriptions of what I changed in order to get that effect if you want.

I went of the top a bit with picking loads of fonts, but it was to show that you don't need to limit yourself to one font per page.

I can PM you the code I used to get those effects, but if you don't want to, you might find some things worth searching up, like The Golden Ratio. In short, the golden ratio is a coefficient that many artists believe makes things more aesthetic.
    Thanks dude, I changed the colours and site looks nice.

UPDATED

34. Post #4634
    MyBigBoner.com
    March 2009
    4,529 Posts
    Or you could just make a div with the image inside and style the background like that in CSS. Instead of having two images load.
    Agree.

But round corners wont work with some browsers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 India Show Events

35. Post #4635
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2012
    1,137 Posts
    Agree.

They really aren't worth supporting, most visitors won't really notice/care if your loading animation doesn't have rounding on the container
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #4636
    I'm a bit like this.
    June 2012
    2,178 Posts
    Agree.

I know people still use IE. They'll have to suffer with un-rounded divs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events

37. Post #4637
    Facepunch's #1 Huskybutt
    July 2011
    2,092 Posts
    I know people still use IE. They'll have to suffer with un-rounded divs.
    I think they suffer enough purely because they use IE. we should cut them some slack and not round the corners for anyone else.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP France Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

38. Post #4638
    I paid $2 for this
    October 2010
    780 Posts
    IE10 is great btw pretty much tied first place with chrome imo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

39. Post #4639
    I'm a bit like this.
    June 2012
    2,178 Posts
    IE10 is great btw pretty much tied first place with chrome imo.
    Are you high?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

40. Post #4640
    I paid $2 for this
    October 2010
    780 Posts
    Are you high?
    Did you even try it? The only thing I can complain about is that it still doesn't support as much html5 as chrome. But its still a release preview and I don't doubt there will be updates coming soon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Netherlands Show Events