1. Post #1241
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    1,691 Posts
    I hope your client isn't one of THOSE types, or you're going to have a problem on your hands.
    I hope not. Yesterday he said "you're free to do whatever you want with the design". However today he asked me to be online on Skype in the evening because he wanted to talk about something... (It's 22:05 but he's yet to appear)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #1242
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,516 Posts
    Is he the same timezone as you?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #1243
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #1244
    I paid $2 for this
    October 2010
    788 Posts
    I hope your client isn't one of THOSE types, or you're going to have a problem on your hands.
    Thank you, I just wasted 2 hours of my life.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

5. Post #1245
    September 2007
    2,570 Posts

Meant to be used either fullscreen or 400px width popup window.
    It's a news aggregator for a tri-annual LAN party in the UK.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

6. Post #1246
    September 2011
    253 Posts

Meant to be used either fullscreen or 400px width popup window.
    It's a news aggregator for a tri-annual LAN party in the UK.
    Nice! I think it would be better if you made the glow around the text in the settings menu more central.

Before:

After (More central glow):

Or if you wanted to be REALLY snazzy, you could only highlight the the things that have been selected and the titles:

But I definately think centralised glow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #1247
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,516 Posts
    - snip -
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

8. Post #1248
    September 2007
    2,570 Posts
    - snip -
    I know, but you can't beat them for simple and clear newsfeed layouts.

Edited:

Nice! I think it would be better if you made the glow around the text in the settings menu more central.

Before:
    After (More central glow):

Or if you wanted to be REALLY snazzy, you could only highlight the the things that have been selected and the titles:

But I definately think centralised glow.
    Thanks for the feedback, i wasn't actually finished styling that window yet haha, just threw on a background to test lol. I might keep it now though but that section needs cleaning up i know.

I did try this at one point but i don't think i liked it.

Edited:

Also is this small icon version better in comparison?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #1249
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,516 Posts
    Yeah, sorry. I was being a dick.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #1250
    October 2011
    2,123 Posts

Edited:

Thanks for the feedback, i wasn't actually finished styling that window yet haha, just threw on a background to test lol. I might keep it now though but that section needs cleaning up i know.

I did try this at one point but i don't think i liked it.

Edited:

i like the left one
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

11. Post #1251
    September 2011
    253 Posts
    -Pictures-
    Maybe on mobile devices smaller than a certain size use the smaller icons? I'm not really sure, but I quite like the big ones. I can imagine on a mobile device they would be using quite a lot of the screen though.

12. Post #1252
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    540 Posts
    Hahaha:

Me: That will cost you one hour of work.

Client: Can you charge us for 30 minutes?

Me: No, the minimum charge is for one hour.

Client: OK, no problem. Charge us for one hour, but add a 50% discount.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 9Agree Agree x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

13. Post #1253
    May 2010
    5,392 Posts
    BioList is coming along nicely :)
    Not sure about having the date bold, and I think the content needs some more vertical padding

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

14. Post #1254
    February 2011
    605 Posts
    BioList is coming along nicely :)
    Not sure about having the date bold, and I think the content needs some more vertical padding

The colon between "On the" and the date looks odd, maybe remove it?
    Also, more padding on top and bottom of entries.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #1255
    Finding that I get a strange pleasure from looking at git network graphs and seeing all the pretty branches and merges hahaha.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 2Artistic Artistic x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #1256
    March 2012
    1,001 Posts
    I am working on a personal website so I can access files from home or wherever without connecting to a server or something. And maybe some articles if I can be arsed to write.

Nothing exciting. Just bored so I posted.

:c
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Iceland Show Events Programming King Programming King x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #1257
    Meow :3
    July 2005
    6,079 Posts
    I am working on a personal website so I can access files from home or wherever without connecting to a server or something. And maybe some articles if I can be arsed to write.

Nothing exciting. Just bored so I posted.

:c
    show your progress
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events

18. Post #1258
    italian
    June 2011
    2,645 Posts
    Finding that I get a strange pleasure from looking at git network graphs and seeing all the pretty branches and merges hahaha.
    I wonder what'd happen if you saw what Gource can do to a Git log

hmmmmmmmm
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

19. Post #1259
    We don't have enough work done yet for me to find that sexy :3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

20. Post #1260
    October 2011
    2,123 Posts
    https://mysocialcloud.com

it's a stream for twitter and facebook and also has an option that acts like keepass (holds on to passwords)

the code is : tc2012 (I got the code from TechCrunch)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

21. Post #1261
    italian
    June 2011
    2,645 Posts
    https://mysocialcloud.com

it's a stream for twitter and facebook and also has an option that acts like keepass (holds on to passwords)

the code is : tc2012 (I got the code from TechCrunch)
    I hate sites that make you go through a subscription form without even giving you a glimpse of the product first.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #1262
    February 2011
    920 Posts
    Just been contracted to a small company as an external WordPress developer :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #1263
    Definitely high.
    August 2005
    1,002 Posts
    A random sentence generator which runs off user input, later on people will be able to suggest new tags such as -place to expand on the detail and variation of sentences produced.

Hopefully I'll get this running well soon. Although that image is of a working thing and it already has hundreds of words and sentences its far from done.

Oh, and one more bonus one:

and

"So Burger + undead Double decker bus = manky Door frame ? Does that mean this old Balloon will sodomise me then?"

"Do you ever just sit there and smear over the thought of 10 whole Soft and squishy Mothers smashing all over the walls?"

I have to admit some of these are making me laugh, can't wait to see how crazy some could get.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Programming King Programming King x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #1264
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,471 Posts
    Still working on my personal website, shit's gonna be WIP forever. (http://beta.graphical.me/ver5/)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

25. Post #1265
    zhed+redball.jpg
    May 2010
    1,414 Posts
    Still working on my personal website, shit's gonna be WIP forever. (http://beta.graphical.me/ver5/)
    I do like it, but hovering over the image makes the grey line come all the way from the left to right. Looks a little bit strange :D

Edited:
    only half way from the left.. and it is insane annoying, because you can "unlock" the information before it is all the way to the right.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

26. Post #1266
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,471 Posts
    I do like it, but hovering over the image makes the grey line come all the way from the left to right. Looks a little bit strange :D

Edited:
    only half way from the left.. and it is insane annoying, because you can "unlock" the information before it is all the way to the right.
    I haven't tested the script on Chrome yet, perhaps I should have. Thanks for pointing it out

EDIT:

Should be fixed now. Still a visual difference (the box kinda morph for a short time when expanding), but it's far better than before.

27. Post #1267
    zhed+redball.jpg
    May 2010
    1,414 Posts
    I haven't tested the script on Chrome yet, perhaps I should have. Thanks for pointing it out

EDIT:

Should be fixed now. Still a visual difference (the box kinda morph for a short time when expanding), but it's far better than before.
    Works fine now :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

28. Post #1268
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    440 Posts
    Anyone remember where Garry put the code for the flags on facepunch. I remember him releasing the code somewhere.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

29. Post #1269
    July 2005
    6,079 Posts
    the transition takes too long shorten it up

30. Post #1270
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,471 Posts
    the transition takes too long shorten it up
    I adjusted the timers on some of the transitions. Better now?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #1271
    July 2005
    6,079 Posts
    I adjusted the timers on some of the transitions. Better now?
    the second transition (when it comes fully out) still takes too long for my liking.

32. Post #1272
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,471 Posts
    the second transition (when it comes fully out) still takes too long for my liking.
    Okay, more adjustments made. You're right, I think it works better this way now. Not sure if I want to make it faster than this though.

33. Post #1273
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    38 Posts
    Well, im currently working on a new german community site (could also be international any day since its actually written in english) for day of defeat source, because the current german site is crap (old modified webspell version, dodszene.net - its of course NOT mine).

large image, so i'll just link it

currently working on the appearance and on the forum functionality, trying to get everything working and finished until 1st april (actually my first release date was the 1st january, haha)

Dunno if it ever gets released now, since my intention was to get deeper into Yii.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

34. Post #1274
    DPRKFC
    March 2012
    796 Posts
    Anonyupload. The infamous Anonymous' file-sharing service. What a hideous design.
    I win.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

35. Post #1275
    July 2005
    6,079 Posts
    quite contrary, i've seen worse.

36. Post #1276
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    938 Posts
    quite contrary, i've seen worse.
    I WIN.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

37. Post #1277
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    738 Posts
    Finished most of my permissions back end, now I can really start producting the bulk of the site.

I know, bootstrap, I don't like it and won't keep it, I just have no skill at design so am using it until I can find someone who can help me make it look good without using bootstrap.

Edited:

I also haven't made the top navigation yet it's just a placeholder so the Index is set to active even when it's not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

38. Post #1278
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,515 Posts
    Finished most of my permissions back end, now I can really start producting the bulk of the site.

I know, bootstrap, I don't like it and won't keep it, I just have no skill at design so am using it until I can find someone who can help me make it look good without using bootstrap.

Edited:

I also haven't made the top navigation yet it's just a placeholder so the Index is set to active even when it's not.
    my maths teacher has the clock in your avatar up in one of the classrooms
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #1279
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    738 Posts
    my maths teacher has the clock in your avatar up in one of the classrooms
    Yeah, found it like a year or 2 ago and it kinda stuck

40. Post #1280
    November 2011
    482 Posts
    It's nice, but takes hell of a long time to load.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)