1. Post #241
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    6,690 Posts
    Well i've not even really used it/seen the benefit for it, but whatever i'll try it out see what happens.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #242
    January 2010
    6,544 Posts
    can someone tell me in all seriousness how rogues are balanced at all? I've got a level 61 DK and only one single stun remover, if it's 1v1 me vs a rogue I can't see myself winning no matter what I do. They always get the first hit on you because you can't target them when they're invisible, and if they've got more than one stun then you're boned

I don't think I've ever been able to kill a rogue when it's just me vs them, either as a paladin or as a DK, even in the lower levels. Whatever spell it is that casts silence doesn't seem to stop them from using stuns and if I ever manage to start winning against one they'll just disappear, fill up their health, and stab me in the back. The guide on wowwiki didn't help me at all.
    Well, they aren't really balanced, but you'll see that they aren't quite as effective in 80-85 as they are in earlier levels.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Iceland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #243
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    23,104 Posts
    Well i've not even really used it/seen the benefit for it, but whatever i'll try it out see what happens.
    Nope, I think we're past trolling and into the area of general ignorance.
    Bloodthirst is a DPS ability. If you're tanking, you shouldn't give a single shit about using it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

4. Post #244
    August 2010
    4,074 Posts
    Well, they aren't really balanced, but you'll see that they aren't quite as effective in 80-85 as they are in earlier levels.
    you mean 80-84 right? cuz rogues are still broken as fuck at 85
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events

5. Post #245
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,168 Posts
    can someone tell me in all seriousness how rogues are balanced at all? I've got a level 61 DK and only one single stun remover, if it's 1v1 me vs a rogue I can't see myself winning no matter what I do. They always get the first hit on you because you can't target them when they're invisible, and if they've got more than one stun then you're boned

I don't think I've ever been able to kill a rogue when it's just me vs them, either as a paladin or as a DK, even in the lower levels. Whatever spell it is that casts silence doesn't seem to stop them from using stuns and if I ever manage to start winning against one they'll just disappear, fill up their health, and stab me in the back. The guide on wowwiki didn't help me at all.
    pfpffahhahahahaha

6. Post #246
    August 2010
    4,074 Posts
    pfpffahhahahahaha
    hey leave him alone he clearly instantly rolled dk at 55
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #247
    January 2010
    6,544 Posts
    Yeah.
    On battlegrounds with my 80 death knight, rogues pretty much get bumraped even if they stunlock somebody.

Edited:

pfpffahhahahahaha
    Didn't read that, but just a tip for you, cccritical:
    Practically all of the abilities rogues possess are like warrior abilities in the sense that they do not count as spells.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Iceland Show Events

8. Post #248
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,168 Posts
    I don't think they have a spell, maybe redirect???

9. Post #249
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,496 Posts
    pfpffahhahahahaha
    why so hostile? strangulate hasn't stopped rogues from stunning me every time I've tried, I don't know if that's because it doesn't affect stun or because they've got an immunity to it for whatever reason

I haven't dedicated thousands of hours to learning everything there is to know about world of warcraft like you clearly have so if you'd be so kind please explain this to me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

10. Post #250
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    23,104 Posts
    why so hostile? strangulate hasn't stopped rogues from stunning me every time I've tried, I don't know if that's because it doesn't affect stun or because they've got an immunity to it for whatever reason

I haven't dedicated thousands of hours to learning everything there is to know about world of warcraft like you clearly have so if you'd be so kind please explain this to me
    See, there's your first mistake. Using a 2 min CD interrupt as your only interrupt is, as I swiftly found out, dumb.
    Try Mind Freeze.

11. Post #251
    January 2010
    6,544 Posts

I don't think you can interrupt rogues from stunning you.
    Your best bet is simply trying to escape and using chains of ice on them, then pop in and kill them.
    Also, i suggest gathering around 1.2k honor before level 70, because that way you'll be able to buy Brutal Gladiator armor + a Two Handed Brutal Gladiator weapon, a lot of that gear is better than the 70-75 gear you get in Northrend i think.

12. Post #252
    August 2010
    4,074 Posts

not gonna lie this thread makes me laugh every time i come in here theres always some stupid post

protip: dont make a dk when you dont even know how to play the game

13. Post #253
    January 2010
    6,544 Posts
    not gonna lie this thread makes me laugh every time i come in here theres always some stupid post

Give him a break, seriously, nearly everybody considers DKs to be a skill-less or 'easy to play' class (even though they aren't one) so maybe that's the reason he rolled as one.

14. Post #254
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    23,104 Posts
    Give him a break, seriously, nearly everybody considers DKs to be a skill-less or 'easy to play' class so maybe that's the reason he rolled as one.
    The sensible thing to do in that case would be to at least TRY and look up how your class works before making stupid statements.

15. Post #255
    August 2010
    4,074 Posts
    Give him a break, seriously, nearly everybody considers DKs to be a skill-less or 'easy to play' class (even though they aren't one) so maybe that's the reason he rolled as one.
    nah hes part of the crowd that rolls dk as soon as they get a 55 and they know nothing about the game

16. Post #256
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    6,690 Posts

The majority of people in the WoW thread are hostile, they're all elite pro players, don't mess with them. yo

17. Post #257
    Slaaf van EternalFlamez.Ik wilde heel graag de laatste Indie Bundle, en ik kreeg deze kuttitel er gratis bij.
    March 2010
    4,073 Posts
    Would you guys use a WoW-armory-like application? I'm probably gonna make one with C#.
    It will find stuff like:
    Code:
    Achievementpoints
    Achievements
    Appearance
    Class
    Race
    etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #258
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    23,104 Posts
    The majority of people in the WoW thread are hostile, they're all elite pro players, don't mess with them. yo
    Said the guy with the stupid posts. Of course we'll get hostile at people who act like they know their shit.

Edited:

Would you guys use a WoW-armory-like application? I'm probably gonna make one with C#.
    Why would you do that? The web version works fine, the mobile apps work fine, what else do you really need?

19. Post #259
    August 2010
    4,074 Posts
    we already have the battle.net armory why would we use some shit made by someone who crys about boa gear

20. Post #260
    Slaaf van EternalFlamez.Ik wilde heel graag de laatste Indie Bundle, en ik kreeg deze kuttitel er gratis bij.
    March 2010
    4,073 Posts
    Why would you do that? The web version works fine, the mobile apps work fine, what else do you really need?
    Well I don't know, I need something to work on, and maybe you guys would like it.

Edited:

we already have the battle.net armory why would we use some shit made by someone who crys about boa gear
    Because it's quicker, also, you don't have to be godamn dick about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

21. Post #261
    August 2010
    4,074 Posts
    Because it's quicker, also, you don't have to be godamn dick about it.
    yeah pretty sure thats not true
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #262
    March 2010
    4,073 Posts
    yeah pretty sure thats not true
    How do you even know when you've never seen what I made?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #263
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    10,900 Posts
    It's Fury's primary ability.
    It's what you use when you don't have a Raging Blow or Bloodsuge (Slam) proc.

Edited:

I don't know about level 61, but at 85 a blood DK can shit all over a rogue.
    And I don't really know anything about Frost or Unholy PvP, but Blood can be really fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

24. Post #264
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    23,104 Posts
    How do you even know you can make something that's faster and more useful than the armory website?

Edited:

I don't know about level 61, but at 85 a blood DK can shit all over a rogue.
    And I don't really know anything about Frost or Unholy PvP, but Blood can be really fun.
    Blood DK's shit all over everything at 85.

25. Post #265
    August 2010
    4,074 Posts
    cuz going to us.battle.net/wow/en, typing sianda@coilfang into search and it loading the page took like 20 seconds or less total... not to mention the armory has item search, forums and forum search, talent calculator, class/race/profession/faction information, screenshots/videos/art and a convenient list of all your characters(assuming youre logged in) all within a few clicks.

soooo... something that has worked for years versus something that some scrub claims is faster? lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #266
    March 2010
    4,073 Posts
    Just wait, i'll post progress.

27. Post #267
    August 2010
    4,074 Posts
    Just wait, i'll post progress.
    oh man i cant wait for something with less functionality

Edited:

just sayin

28. Post #268
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    6,690 Posts
    Said the guy with the stupid posts. Of course we'll get hostile at people who act like they know their shit.
    What, where did I 'Act like I knew my shit'

I only had my opinions.

29. Post #269
    March 2010
    4,073 Posts
    What does that even have to do with anything? This is like, ten times easier than making a game.

30. Post #270
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    6,690 Posts
    What does that even have to do with anything? This is like, ten times easier than making a game.
    Just ignore him, he likes to cause drama.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

31. Post #271
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,496 Posts

didn't realize it took a working knowledge of every single class in the game to be allowed to play

so did you know every intricacy of wow before you started playing? or are you being a dick for the sake of being a dick?

Edited:

but seriously why did you expect I would know whether a rogue's stun is a spell or not when I've got two characters and they both use spells to stun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #272
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    6,690 Posts
    New people aren't allowed to play WoW, it's against the rules man

33. Post #273
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,496 Posts
    snip

34. Post #274
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    23,104 Posts
    What, where did I 'Act like I knew my shit'

I only had my opinions.
    When you said Bloodthirst was useless in PvE?
    But we get hostile with stupid people too, just for future reference.

New people aren't allowed to play WoW, it's against the rules man
    We prefer not having new people who act like morons.

35. Post #275
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,496 Posts
    asking questions is moronic? If I asked which paladin spec is best for pvp would I be derided?

36. Post #276
    August 2010
    4,074 Posts
    didn't realize it took a working knowledge of every single class in the game to be allowed to play

so did you know every intricacy of wow before you started playing? or are you being a dick for the sake of being a dick?
    youre the dumbass that rolled a dk as soon as it unlocked like all the other retards without knowing anything about any class and then come and start bitching about shit not being balanced while having no idea what youre talking about

Edited:

asking questions is moronic? If I asked which paladin spec is best for pvp would I be derided?
    asking stupid questions is moronic

37. Post #277
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    23,104 Posts
    There's a difference between asking useful questions and asking stupid questions you could potentially answer with Google.
    Also, Holy tends to be popular in PvP but that might just be my luck.

38. Post #278
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,496 Posts
    youre the dumbass that rolled a dk as soon as it unlocked like all the other retards without knowing anything about any class and then come and start bitching about shit not being balanced while having no idea what youre talking about
    rogues aren't balanced and you admitted that yourself, does that make us both morons or is this just another hypocrisy of yours

Edited:

I remember I played Afraid of Monsters sven co-op with you once and you were a tremendous dick back then, you kept running ahead of everyone else and getting killed and you'd blame it on us for not backing you up and you spent 20 minutes lecturing us on how to play the game

shit don't change

39. Post #279
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    6,690 Posts
    When you said Bloodthirst was useless in PvE?
    But we get hostile with stupid people too, just for future reference.

Felt useless to me, now I have been enlightened by morons like you lot. Thanks.

Just because you're super pro mlg at WoW means you can be an ass to anyone who asks 'stupid' questions?

40. Post #280
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    23,104 Posts
    Felt useless to me, now I have been enlightened by morons like you lot. Thanks.

Just because you're super pro mlg at WoW means you can be an ass to anyone who asks 'stupid' questions?
    Replace 'super pro mlg at WoW' with 'someone who sort of knows stuff and looks up stuff he doesn't' and yes, you're correct.