1. Post #361
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,646 Posts
    appearntly its badly done and causes artifacting on ATI cards

http://i43.tinypic.com/2na719u.jpg
    this is from the public test server
    I am guessing public test server doesn't carry over your characters from normal servers?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #362
    Sometimes I put my nose in my dog's butt and I furiously squeeze his belly until he farts.
    May 2009
    2,370 Posts
    So what server should I roll my Inquisitor on?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

3. Post #363
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    5,774 Posts
    Ilum
    The daily and weekly mission objectives in Ilum now require defeating enemy players and/or collecting armaments from the center objective.
    Players now gain increased Valor from player kills in Ilum.
    Players now gain increased bonus Valor for kills based on the number of objectives controlled by their faction.
    Increased bonus Valor is now granted for player kills when defending an objective your faction owns.
    A notification is now displayed when a player gains Valor.
    Three new respawn points have been added for each faction.
    Companions are now restricted from the PvP objective area on Ilum.
    Notifications are now displayed when enemy players are close to an objective.

hell yeah
    too bad repubs are outnumbered 3:1 on my server.

if the valor gains are better than spamming warfronts getting 10medals+ then I guess it might be worthwhile.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

4. Post #364
    December 2011
    1,575 Posts
    I am guessing public test server doesn't carry over your characters from normal servers?
    nope

5. Post #365
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,102 Posts
    though the FAQ says you'll be able to transfer characters "In the future"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

6. Post #366
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,646 Posts
    Playing jedi knight. I found a droid on my travels and now he follows me around for now, zapping enemies if I attack them.

Also, I love how twileks on jedi knight, their right head tentacle thing clips into the lightsaber handle 90% of the time during conversations...

though the FAQ says you'll be able to transfer characters "In the future"
    In the future being the key words.

Edited:

Tell me if the picture breaks. Not sure how well facebook accepts hotlinking...

Edited:

Awww, jedi dude took the droid "back to council" so now its not my companion anymore.

:(

Edited:

I fought the main boss character for enemy force (a grey force sensitive flesh raider) and he got like 6-7 of his minions, and I waited until they surrounded me and then I used force leap (jump up and slam into the ground of area of effect slam) and killed all the minions in one shot.

Awesomest thing ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #367
    November 2009
    3,625 Posts
    Last 5 warzone queues, huttball. Fuck huttball, give me something else.

Edited:

Looks like that level was all I needed, was able to finish my story quest without a death this time. The quest was    The Ritual   , on Voss.

8. Post #368
    RG4
    November 2010
    2,891 Posts
    The Green beams of God
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #369
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,950 Posts
    My favorites are the horizontal ones that cover the entire map

10. Post #370
    December 2011
    950 Posts
    I thought that green wall thing was just me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #371
    December 2011
    1,575 Posts

i wonder if jedi believe in hell

12. Post #372
    Bold Member
    October 2006
    3,803 Posts
    The Green beams of God
    Starting zone for trooper has similar beams. Very annoying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #373
    January 2008
    253 Posts
    So what server do most FP members play on?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #374
    why does the starting armor for bounty hunter look so shitty. I mean C'MON
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #375
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    No clue, but there's a reddit server

PvE East - The Shadowlands
    PvP East - Death Wind Corridor

16. Post #376
    RG4
    November 2010
    2,891 Posts

i wonder if jedi believe in hell
    Chaos, referred to as Hell in Corellian mythology and also known as the void, was the region of the Netherworld of the Force inhabited by the spirits of deceased Dark Lords of the Sith, Dark Jedi, and the spirits of all evil sentient beings who had died. The Naboo believed in a place they called Chaos as well, which they envisioned as a dark pit kept closed by seven gates.
    There ya go

17. Post #377
    July 2007
    462 Posts
    Hey guys is there any decent places to puchase a serial key for this game? My friend is playing it atm and I can just copy his game if I have bought a key right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 China Show Events

18. Post #378
    December 2011
    1,575 Posts
    Chaos, referred to as Hell in Corellian mythology and also known as the void, was the region of the Netherworld of the Force inhabited by the spirits of deceased Dark Lords of the Sith, Dark Jedi, and the spirits of all evil sentient beings who had died. The Naboo believed in a place they called Chaos as well, which they envisioned as a dark pit kept closed by seven gates.
    There ya go
    whoa there poindexter
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #379
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,908 Posts
    too bad repubs are outnumbered 3:1 on my server.

if the valor gains are better than spamming warfronts getting 10medals+ then I guess it might be worthwhile.
    Same here on my server, so I am definitely not looking forward to this patch.
    It's gonna make the Ilum dailies a gigantic pain in the ass to complete.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

20. Post #380
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    12,040 Posts
    Properly gear your companions. Use Vette or the companion you get after finishing act 1. Send them after 1 enemy and you focus on the other. I usually lay down 4 bleeds and then force choke and the shout and they're down. You will be walking away from your fights with 75% or less HP though. If you can't stand downtime after fights, bring along Quinn.

Yeah I use Vette, pretty well geared, may look on the auction house get her better gear, With normal enemies its normally a group of 3, i use vette's aimed shot on the one with most healht, then I take on the other two, as the one with most health has aggro on vette I just go and do some big attack.

but yeah Im gonna stick with my marauder.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

21. Post #381
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    What does the mission level affect?

22. Post #382
    $1 Title to make me look important
    October 2005
    1,362 Posts
    What does the mission level affect?
    The difficulty of the enemies encountered and the reward level. And if you're eligible to take on the mission or not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

23. Post #383
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    The difficulty of the enemies encountered and the reward level. And if you're eligible to take on the mission or not.
    The crew missions?

24. Post #384
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,646 Posts
    Should I be worried about my server selection?

Starter world on the server I chose has 55-75 players at a time on it. Should I be worried about people not being able to help me with boss fights? Or is this a game where as long as you do the side quests you can solo the main story line?

25. Post #385
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    8,321 Posts
    The crew missions?
    Crew Mission level determines the reward. The higher the level, the bigger the reward. However it also means a slightly bigger chance of your companion failing.

Edited:

Should I be worried about my server selection?

Starter world on the server I chose has 55-75 players at a time on it. Should I be worried about people not being able to help me with boss fights? Or is this a game where as long as you do the side quests you can solo the main story line?
    That's about average. Main Story can be solo'd fairly easily. It is the Heroic quests and Flashpoints that really require groups.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

26. Post #386
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,102 Posts
    Whats with the Ship Upgrades? It goes 1-3-5, are 2-4 craft-able?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

27. Post #387
    CRUSHER OF DREAMS AND EATER OF SKITTLES
    August 2007
    5,613 Posts
    All main story can be solo'd, I usually end up doing them a level or two below the recommended. I'm guessing you'll have to occasionally focus on side quests to gain levels to beat a difficult boss.

28. Post #388
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,102 Posts
    I just reached Balmorra with 2 friends on my Sith Jugg and I'm level 20.

Heroics really help boost your level. If I had solo'd it I would have been around 15-16

Crafted armour for the win, the armour I'm wearing (all of it) was crafted by a friend around level 15 and its still out classing mission rewards
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #389
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    8,321 Posts
    All main story can be solo'd, I usually end up doing them a level or two below the recommended. I'm guessing you'll have to occasionally focus on side quests to gain levels to beat a difficult boss.
    Heroics are also a good way to get some extra levels, especially since they are dailies.

Edited:

I just reached Balmorra with 2 friends on my Sith Jugg and I'm level 20.

Heroics really help boost your level. If I had solo'd it I would have been around 15-16

Crafted armour for the win, the armour I'm wearing (all of it) was crafted by a friend around level 15 and its still out classing mission rewards
    How did you get TOR working with Steam? I can't get it to work right.

30. Post #390
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    8,563 Posts
    Heroic's on Coruscant at lvl 16 gave me some amazing amour that I'm still using lvl 24 on Taris.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #391
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,646 Posts
    I hear people saying theres like PvP arenas or gamemodes? How do I access those?

And in PvE mode, my armor peices can take damage. Do my armor peices take damage from being in the PvP gamemodes?

32. Post #392
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,102 Posts
    How did you get TOR working with Steam? I can't get it to work right.
    http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=104668
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

33. Post #393
    Bold Member
    October 2006
    3,803 Posts
    I use this as well. Works great! XFire and Steam are working at the same time using this method.

appearntly its badly done and causes artifacting on ATI cards

http://i43.tinypic.com/2na719u.jpg
    this is from the public test server
    How do you fuck up AA this bad ? I should test this. I have a 6870 and with forced on AA from my GPU it looks great. Too bad AMD lacks per application video settings.

34. Post #394
    June 2011
    8,759 Posts
    How do you fuck up AA this bad ? I should test this. I have a 6870 and with forced on AA from my GPU it looks great. Too bad AMD lacks per application video settings.
    The 12.1 preview drivers have per application settings.

I've been using them for a week now and have had zero problems.

35. Post #395
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,646 Posts
    Was doing chamber of speech with some dude.

Heroic areas are a lot easier with 2 people.

I also learned about group loot and group conversations

Grouping in this game is a lot more fun than soloing IMO...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

36. Post #396
    I am a moderator.
    August 2006
    13,128 Posts
    FAAAAAAAACK

accidentally bought a stupid helmet for 10k that was all my damn money. HNgggggggggggggg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 4Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

37. Post #397
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,646 Posts
    Where do I find some form of an auction house?

Is it after the beginner planet or am I just plain missing it?

Edited:

According to the launcher Ven Zallow is down.

Of course there is like three thousand different servers so I am guessing it doesn't effect too many people playing on FP

38. Post #398
    I HAVE SEVERE AUTISM AND IM FRIENDS WITH BRONYS
    April 2006
    2,763 Posts
    After starting planet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

39. Post #399
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,760 Posts
    Where do I find some form of an auction house?

Is it after the beginner planet or am I just plain missing it?

Edited:

According to the launcher Ven Zallow is down.

Of course there is like three thousand different servers so I am guessing it doesn't effect too many people playing on FP
    On Fleet, open your map and it should say Galactic Trade Market in one of the quadrants.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

40. Post #400
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,646 Posts
    Anyone have any idea when they are going to release the optimization patch? The FPS drops when I move five feet are really starting to irritate me.

I also got my lightsaber. Finally

I couldnt defeat the forge protector though, even though I was the recommended level :\

Edited:

The cutscene where I built my lightsaber was the best. thing. ever.