1. Post #681
    I LOVE SKIPPY'S FIRM ASS ALL NIGHT ALL DAY
    January 2009
    145 Posts
    I have like 10-20 fps in warzones and some other zones, quite annoying. Honestly
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #682
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    767 Posts
    Yeah I had my skeptics about this game. But it lived up to the hype.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #683
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    8,754 Posts
    Holy shit i just gained major respect to bioware for calling a meeting and then responding on the forum in a fairly timely fashion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #684
    October 2009
    6,170 Posts
    I've been reading, and the game looks fun as hell, but still reluctant to try. In short, is it worth it? I've been wanting to get back into an MMO, but I don't know what I want, and with this being so new, I wanted to give it a go.

Are sides still unbalanced?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

5. Post #685
    June 2011
    8,356 Posts
    I've been reading, and the game looks fun as hell, but still reluctant to try. In short, is it worth it? I've been wanting to get back into an MMO, but I don't know what I want, and with this being so new, I wanted to give it a go.

Are sides still unbalanced?
    Definitely, it's an amazing game, the classes are mostly balanced.

There's some faction imbalance, but it's not that bad, I'd recommend playing on The Crucible Pits of you're going to play Republic, it's a pretty active PvP server.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #686
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,556 Posts
    Wow. Read the OP of this. Gives some insight into the "high" texture issue.
    http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=164481
    Wow, all the bitching. Jesus Christ. This is why I don't visit the official forums.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #687
    November 2009
    3,625 Posts
    I can't stand playing huttball anymore, it's easily 80% of my matches.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

8. Post #688
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    4,572 Posts
    I can't stand playing huttball anymore, it's easily 80% of my matches.
    It's because it's the only one where it's Empire vs. Empire

I get Alderaan and Voidstar 95% of the time as repub
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #689
    April 2011
    3,355 Posts
    Wow, all the bitching. Jesus Christ. This is why I don't visit the official forums.
    Too many people complaining about textures when they should be enjoying the game they paid for.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #690
    July 2010
    925 Posts
    Is it just me or does the game seem empty unless you're in a warzone. In wow there would always be tons of people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #691
    November 2009
    3,625 Posts
    Is it just me or does the game seem empty unless you're in a warzone. In wow there would always be tons of people.
    Not everyone is high level yet, you need to give people time to catch up. And the Imperial Fleet has been more active than ever lately too on my server.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

12. Post #692
    April 2010
    3,773 Posts
    I hate going to the fleet on my server now. My computer is such a piece of shit it generally takes like 2-4 minutes to load and then another 2-4 minutes for the characters/map to update. (this is all because my computer sucks ass and the fleet has like 250+ users now when before it always seemed to be under 100)

13. Post #693
    I like it that way. Lets me get more immersed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

14. Post #694
    June 2011
    8,356 Posts
    It's the same thing in WoW to be honest, if you're outside of the two major cities or a battleground you're basically alone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

15. Post #695
    February 2011
    455 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #696
    I Love Gaylo 4
    April 2006
    9,929 Posts
    Haha, what the fuck?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #697
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    19,351 Posts
    Yeah, what the fuck?

You actually got to use that guild name? And you aren't at the very least ridiculed for being the most unimaginative group of individuals ever?

18. Post #698
    December 2011
    1,575 Posts
    "darth darthmaulfan69 <jar jar binks fan club>"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

19. Post #699
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,950 Posts
    If they ever make guild banks a thing, my friends and I are going to name ours <Shaving Face>, because all our legacy names are facial hair related

20. Post #700
    February 2011
    455 Posts
    When you're on the fleet station, there are large rectangular pits of some kind, which you can jump into (and die when you hit the bottom).

When you get the warzone pop-up jump into the pit and while you're mid air join the warzone. You will come out of the warzone on the bottom, alive.

Then /stuck to the above area

Edited:

You actually got to use that guild name? And you aren't at the very least ridiculed for being the most unimaginative group of individuals ever?
    I didn't chose, I just joined.

But its cool in two ways:

a) The game is called The old republic, and so we are <Knights of the old republic>
    b)KOTOR was a very, very good game so we are also <Knights of the old repulbic>

Besides we are actually a very good guild
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

21. Post #701
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,033 Posts
    Been enjoying this game immensely so far, leveling with a friend of mine as a Jedi Guardian in full tank spec, while my friend is a Jedi Sage in full healing spec. Unfortunately the server we picked is always on Light population during the time of day we get to play, and finding a group for Flashpoints or anything else that requires more than 2 people is almost impossible.

I hope they implement some sort of server transfer in, because I don't want to reroll solely for the sake of being able to get in groups to do any of the instances. Our server is almost always dead (there will be like 12 people tops in the republic fleet by the first 3 flashpoints.)

22. Post #702
    Bold Member
    October 2006
    3,700 Posts
    "darth darthmaulfan69 <jar jar binks fan club>"
    To be honest, I'd join that guild.

23. Post #703
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,137 Posts
    I think some of the issues with poor performance stem from user attitudes as well as actual low performance. I think some of the people complaining are those who are checking their FPS and seeing anything below 60 FPS as horrible and that SWTOR obviously isn't optimized.

24. Post #704
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,721 Posts
    I love the game to death, doesn't change that fact that Crysis 2 runs fine while I can't run shadows in the Old Republic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

25. Post #705
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,961 Posts
    I love the game to death, doesn't change that fact that Crysis 2 runs fine while I can't run shadows in the Old Republic.
    Yep, running Battlefield 3 on Ultra but as soon as I flick shadows on in TOR I get stuttering.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #706
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    3,021 Posts
    I now have TOR + 30 days game time in stock for 39.99 if anyone is interested in getting the game.
    <---
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #707
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    8,754 Posts

I'm sorry, did somone say AWESOME!?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

28. Post #708
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,961 Posts
    More rakghouls? Please no.

I mean I'm glad there's more content, I just hate rakghouls so much after Taris.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

29. Post #709
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    8,381 Posts
    Thanks for reminding me I've still got to finish Taris on my character.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #710
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,556 Posts
    More rakghouls? Please no.

I mean I'm glad there's more content, I just hate rakghouls so much after Taris.
    i didn't find them that bad, I thought they were too easy.

I never felt threatened when attacked by a pack.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #711
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    5,702 Posts
    rather see them do a new fp that are only for 1 faction, so 2, instead of rakghoul cop out

Edited:

and they should give us ability to use the high res textures we see during cinematics. they say it'll affect performance. isn't that our choice.

takes the piss.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

32. Post #712
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,961 Posts
    rather see them do a new fp that are only for 1 faction, so 2, instead of rakghoul cop out

Edited:

and they should give us ability to use the high res textures we see during cinematics. they say it'll affect performance. isn't that our choice.

takes the piss.
    Yeah the low-res textures are very annoying. Look at the difference between whatever setting it is out of conversation and high (in conversation). The high res was shown using the holoterminal glitch.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

33. Post #713
    December 2011
    1,575 Posts

I'm sorry, did somone say AWESOME!?
    dead space 3: attack of the rakghouls? might be cool

34. Post #714
    January 2011
    302 Posts
    sup
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Informative x 1Late x 1Dumb x 1Useful x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #715
    Eyes like a god damn hawk
    March 2011
    4,679 Posts
    I have like 10-20 fps in warzones and some other zones, quite annoying. Honestly
    I had that in beta too. Shit fps in Warzone, like 20. Otherwise it was mostly fine, but it dipped sometimes for no reason.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Serbia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #716
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    14,563 Posts
    I really think bioware having like 8 thousand servers wasn't a good idea.

I like it when maps are populated. On coruscant, on quests I hardly see anyone. Planet population usually stays around 50 people in that area.

37. Post #717
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,380 Posts
    I really think bioware having like 8 thousand servers wasn't a good idea.

I like it when maps are populated. On coruscant, on quests I hardly see anyone. Planet population usually stays around 50 people in that area.
    When I started playing, the only server that had "Very Heavy" population was on swiftsure, it's a west coast server and I took it even though I'm on east coast just because it was PVP and had good population, I too, like it when my MMOs feels alive and I don't struggle to find groups and stuff.

The average population for me is 100 on planets and 150 on republic fleet, does the game have a sharding system? I always hated the idea of shards.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

38. Post #718
    CRUSHER OF DREAMS AND EATER OF SKITTLES
    August 2007
    5,609 Posts

WELL THIS IS AWKWARD
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

39. Post #719
    I LOVE SKIPPY'S FIRM ASS ALL NIGHT ALL DAY
    January 2009
    145 Posts

WELL THIS IS AWKWARD
    3!!

What quest and the level?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #720
    Eyes like a god damn hawk
    March 2011
    4,679 Posts
    When I started playing, the only server that had "Very Heavy" population was on swiftsure, it's a west coast server and I took it even though I'm on east coast just because it was PVP and had good population, I too, like it when my MMOs feels alive and I don't struggle to find groups and stuff.

The average population for me is 100 on planets and 150 on republic fleet, does the game have a sharding system? I always hated the idea of shards.
    It does. I believe it has a sort of "sub servers" or channels that split people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Serbia Show Events