1. Post #841
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    5,791 Posts
    and most snipers in pvp seem to be afraid of los so they just park in cover next to you which makes me wonder why they didn't just go operative in the first place
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #842
    July 2007
    981 Posts
    I should get level 50 on my Agent tomorrow. I don't think I'll be resubscribing for now, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #843
    November 2009
    3,625 Posts
    I'm undecided if to resub.
    The game is great, but really needs the optimizations and such. I'd like to stick around a while longer to see how it unfolds and how PvP changes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #844
    June 2011
    8,810 Posts
    I'm still undecided on those. i guess you can include them if you don't take pve into account but if it is then nope.
    We're perfectly viable in PVE, our healing and damage is pretty decent in raids/flashpoints.

I mean we're not going to be beating sorcs/mercs but then again, who is, those classes are retardedly easy to play and do tons of damage with zero effort.

5. Post #845
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    5,791 Posts
    too bad this game screws over melee an awful lot. Mainly my reasoning.

Not the classes faults but biowares. they need to actually research and find a middleground where it isn't virtually pointless to bring melee to an OP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #846
    March 2010
    421 Posts
    I feel like Sorcs absorb almost everything that hits them. Does their shield absorb a certain amount of damage before it breaks, or is it timed?

7. Post #847
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    9,328 Posts
    Troopers are pretty awesome, i have like 3 aoe's (4 if i count the sticky grenade) at level 12
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #848
    What fun is it being cool if you can't wear a sombrero?
    Dennab
    June 2006
    2,334 Posts
    Troopers are pretty awesome, i have like 3 aoe's (4 if i count the sticky grenade) at level 12
    i love commando, it's pretty rad
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #849
    like..dude..nevermind....fuck
    July 2011
    4,629 Posts
    Ugh
    PvP is fucking weird
    I go on my Jedi and Imps always win
    Go play on my Bounty Hunter and Republic always wins
    (same server)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #850
    CRUSHER OF DREAMS AND EATER OF SKITTLES
    August 2007
    5,614 Posts
    I feel like Sorcs absorb almost everything that hits them. Does their shield absorb a certain amount of damage before it breaks, or is it timed?
    Damage
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #851
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,970 Posts
    They really, really need to fix the mortar volley delay bug.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #852
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    5,791 Posts
    They really, really need to fix the mortar volley delay bug.

pretty bad I agree, even interrupting BH the moment I see it appear casting it usually always lands 1 shot but if that happened to us we wouldn't even get one shot hitting..

Edited:

I guess this is why 50s get their own brackets soon.

13. Post #853
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    9,328 Posts
    Yeah the mortar thing sucks, though its somewhat beneficial as people wont usually move when the aoe-targeter goes down, rather when they take damage/see an explosion, but it feels ... wonky.

And as much as i love Commando i really hate the big gun, i much prefered the blaster rifles which made me want to go vanguard more, but i really don't like one of their DPS tree's.

14. Post #854
    November 2009
    3,625 Posts
    Oh it's impossible to interrupt right now

Edited:

And I love it when abilities refuse to activate, like Force Cloak and Shroud.

15. Post #855
    December 2011
    1,575 Posts
    i love it when i toxic dart somebody who stealths in combat and then they bitch that their stealth didnt work when it brekas

Edited:

and most snipers in pvp seem to be afraid of los so they just park in cover next to you which makes me wonder why they didn't just go operative in the first place
    uh
    because operative doesnt get a tree dedicated to explosions

16. Post #856
    November 2009
    3,625 Posts
    They probably aren't shrouding, but I mean the skill won't even activate. It's not on cool down, I can press my binds, click it, it just refuses to work.

17. Post #857
    September 2008
    476 Posts
    They probably aren't shrouding, but I mean the skill won't even activate. It's not on cool down, I can press my binds, click it, it just refuses to work.
    I get the same problem with some of my skills, its because it doesn't display the GCD fade over the icon when it should. And as a trooper, im riding every GCD to the max, so those abilities kinda get me sometimes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

18. Post #858
    May 2007
    357 Posts
    I got fucked with being a sniper, I was on Skype and when my buddy added someone else in, It minimized the game for me. When I got back in, it chose the sniper class. I wanted operative :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

19. Post #859
    December 2011
    1,575 Posts
    I got fucked with being a sniper, I was on Skype and when my buddy added someone else in, It minimized the game for me. When I got back in, it chose the sniper class. I wanted operative :(
    then re-do your character? you can knock out 1-10 in like an hour and a half

20. Post #860
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,970 Posts
    Reroll, it only takes a few hours at the absolute most.

21. Post #861
    CRUSHER OF DREAMS AND EATER OF SKITTLES
    August 2007
    5,614 Posts
    You were only level 10, you could have started over.

22. Post #862
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,970 Posts
    Any other healers notice that most tanks completely neglect the fact there are multiple mobs in a group?

I swear, 90% of the time the tank will focus on one mob not using any AoE, and I end up tanking all the others.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

23. Post #863
    October 2009
    5,258 Posts
    Any other healers notice that most tanks completely neglect the fact there are multiple mobs in a group?

I swear, 90% of the time the tank will focus one on on mob not using any AoE, and I end up tanking all the others.
    Yes, god yes!
    It is annoying as hell. I tell them to focus on all mobs and just not one. They either:
    1. Dont listen
    2. Call me a bad healer

Really gets on my nerves. I was in a group with a bunch of Ruskies earlier and the Tank couldnt Tank at all. He complains that he doesnt get enough heals when I am constantly on 10-20% HP and barely able to keep my self alive with 3-4 mobs on me.

Ofcourse, he does 1 & 2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #864
    November 2009
    3,625 Posts
    I get the same problem with some of my skills, its because it doesn't display the GCD fade over the icon when it should. And as a trooper, im riding every GCD to the max, so those abilities kinda get me sometimes.
    Even when not using any abilities recently it does it so it can't be that.

25. Post #865
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    20,315 Posts
    Operatives can tear shit up in PvP. Even a Non Geared level 50 can tear the ass apart on a fully geared guy in 4 seconds flat

26. Post #866
    December 2011
    1,575 Posts
    i was doin hammer station on my juggernaut alt, we get to the first boss ( the mining droid thing) and some guy in the group says:

probably the funniest thing i've seen said so far
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

27. Post #867
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,338 Posts
    I seen this in Tython General chat

Guy: Does /follow work?
    Guy: OMFG! it does! :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #868
    September 2008
    476 Posts

I swear, 90% of the time the tank will focus on one mob not using any AoE, and I end up tanking all the others.
    The tanks only really need to tank anything above a silver, including silvers. The DPS should rip apart the normals if they were smart.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #869
    December 2011
    1,575 Posts
    yea when i tank i dont bother attacking normals outside of an initial aoe
    and on the flipside when i play my operative, i ALWAYS go for the weakest enemies, it shouldn't even be said
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #870
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,425 Posts
    Does it matter whether you go light or dark in morality or is it just personal preference

31. Post #871
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    8,602 Posts
    Argh.

Got my account locked because I couldn't remember my Security Question

32. Post #872
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    810 Posts
    Argh.

Got my account locked because I couldn't remember my Security Question
    Try resetting your password. Seemed to unlock it for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events

33. Post #873
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,974 Posts
    Does it matter whether you go light or dark in morality or is it just personal preference
    Different gear/mounts that are mirrors of each other but reskinned. Other than that I don't think so.

Someone in my guild mentioned that his story quests changed because he was light sided but from what I've heard from a lot of other people is that previous decisions don't change anything and each dialogue is it's own self contained unit.

34. Post #874
    RG4
    November 2010
    2,892 Posts

That is why I load ion cells to generate threat and use my neural jolt to get the silver or elite mobs to attack and keep our healers all safe and nice while they heal and shizzle

35. Post #875
    January 2011
    302 Posts

Well what if there's one elite mob and three weak/standard ones? Dps should be able to handle them in theory.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

36. Post #876
    December 2011
    1,575 Posts
    Well what if there's one elite mob and three weak/standard ones? Dps should be able to handle them in theory.
    its more common to see one elite and 2 or 3 strongs

37. Post #877
    This game got me playing KotOR again, and man, I forgot that Pazaak is basically saying to the game "Hey game, please fuck with me." because constantly it makes you think you're going to win and then says nope fuck you, OR you end up tied, on the last possible match, it's really fucking tense, and the game decides to say "Hah, let's make them tie twice in a row before slapping his shit down!"

38. Post #878
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    4,755 Posts
    Thinking about putting 6 months on, but if it's true that Bioware is cracking down on people from countries that it's not released in yet, it's probably not worth it yet. Thoughts?

On another note, loving my new Sith Inquisitor (Assassin)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

39. Post #879
    October 2009
    5,258 Posts
    Australian Servers will open in March I believe. I think its more about China etc. where they do a lot of Gold farming.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #880
    December 2011
    1,575 Posts

its pretty damn hard to counter that many consulars, sages and shadows, pulling each other and pulling you all over the place
    guy stood in the acid and pulled me into the acid to die but he was alright
    force speeding through fire traps is also bullshit