1. Post #1721
    I once worked at a sperm bank, the food was terrible
    April 2011
    9,100 Posts
    I guess Galaxy Nexus roms are too early in development. I hate how when someone asks for a rom with good battery life people just fight over what is good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #1722
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    Seriously, what the fuck Galaxy Nexus?

I charged my phone for eight hours until 8am to 100%... went to bed (yay, fucked up sleep-schedule FTW), had the phone in my discarded jeans' pocket... I was laying down to go to sleep and heard "vrrrrt" from my pants...

I reached in and grabbed my phone -- only to watch the damn thing restart itself for no apparent reason. When it did, Airplane mode was switched on, and couldn't be switched off...

So I restarted it again, noticed that all was functioning nominal... battery was at 98% and I went to sleep for seven hours.

When I woke up, my phone was OFF... and wouldn't restart. I had to pop the battery out and reinsert it. The phone booted up, told me that the battery was very low (a red exclamation mark) and told me to connect my charger. Then it switched itself off.

What the fuck? The battery drained in sleep-mode over the course of 7 hours, from full charge?

Anyone else getting this glitch?
    Something is using your CPU, check your CPU logs. I forgot how to access them, but still.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #1723
    the iPhone 4's screen size is ridiculously small for what it is it feels like.. it's like what 3 somethin inches? This is a definite improvement for their next phone..
    Only good thing is that it fits in your hand. Playing games suck, your thumbs simply block the screen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events

4. Post #1724
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    21,919 Posts
    [release][h2]BETA[/h2][/release]
    So we should keep to ourselves and not tell Valve anything?

Edited:

I mean, the only way things in the beta get changed is by reporting issues to the creators, by complaining to them. By just dismissing it and saying "IT'S A BETA NOT EVERYTHING IS GONNA WORK," you're going to accomplish nothing and contribute nothing.

Edited:

As a matter of fact I've just submitted my review after a full day of playing with it, with suggestions and complaints to the Android market. (I hope they check there, because fuck SPUF.)

I have a few complaints about this app. Firstly, it goes against the design paradigms set in place by Google. The menus are in strange places which may confuse people. The GUI tries too hard, and as a result looks busy and performs poorly. (There's also some cases of severe color banding in certain areas, when by all rights we should be seeing solid colors for cleanliness and consistency.)

The chat functions well enough but has quite a bit of measurable delay from PC to mobile, measuring in several seconds. The app does not support group chat when it really should. The chat also has a noticeable impact on my Galaxy S. The chat also ends up in a separate notification in the notifications pane, so more often than not Steam will have two individual icons when it really shouldn't.

My biggest complaint is that the back button is broken. Instead of exiting my screen and going up a level, it sequentially goes back through all of the pages you've visited. It's very frustrating to use.

I would also like to be able to view my game library, and perhaps the library of others.

This is a great concept that has been long overdue. Valve, you should be careful not to drop the ball on this one.
    (3/5 stars.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #1725
    Titlepocalypse 2012 participant
    November 2010
    7,936 Posts
    I'm just saying that you're pretty much saying "Oh, it's bad. It needs work." Like it's a finished product even though it was just released into beta.

6. Post #1726
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    21,919 Posts
    Well I'm sorry that I was unclear, because that's not the intention that I wanted to convey.

7. Post #1727
    July 2009
    2,868 Posts
    http://pocketnow.com/android/htc-sen...st-impressions

Yes, HTC Sense is a heavy skin of Android. Yes, it's love or hate. Yes, this makes Sense much more exciting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #1728
    Titlepocalypse 2012 participant
    November 2010
    7,936 Posts
    That's okay. I understand now. It's still in beta and a bit sloppy and unfinished in places. I feel the final release will be very nice though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #1729
    July 2007
    323 Posts
    I hate how when someone asks for a rom with good battery life.....
    This, I hate when people ask this on XDA, I mean who wouldn't want that? Not like you see people asking "What ROM is good for sucking my battery dry in 10mins".
    I guess in this day in age people are too lazy to experiment on a device that's about choice and customisations.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

10. Post #1730
    July 2009
    2,868 Posts
    This, I hate when people ask this on XDA, I mean who wouldn't want that? Not like you see people asking "What ROM is good for sucking my battery dry in 10mins".
    I guess in this day in age people are too lazy to experiment on a device that's about choice and customisations.
    Actually, it's a perfectly valid question.

If a ROM has any serious bugs that break battery life, I don't want to use it as a daily driver.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #1731
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,749 Posts
    hey guys what's the best app/game to test the performance of my phone

12. Post #1732
    July 2007
    323 Posts
    Actually, it's a perfectly valid question.

If a ROM has any serious bugs that break battery life, I don't want to use it as a daily driver.
    Yeah true, like in the case of leaked ICS ROMs for the GS2, but for established ROMs like CheckRom it seems a bit much where it's asked every page.

My dose of first world problems of the day.

Edit: How am I using a mac? This is an android phone
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events

13. Post #1733
    March 2010
    1,733 Posts
    You guys think that Samsung will soon release a tablet that comes with the Galaxy Note's S Pen technology? Because I really like that thing as an artist, but I already have a Galaxy S2 and doesn't seem that worthy of an upgrade.. However if they released a tablet with the S Pen thing, I think i'd get one.

14. Post #1734
    Is, in fact, a real hedgehog.
    April 2009
    14,389 Posts
    I doubt they'll change the size

durr
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Russian Federation Show Events

15. Post #1735
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    3,408 Posts
    JESUS CHRIST the Steam app has the old Steam IM sound. I feel raped.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #1736
    Is, in fact, a real hedgehog.
    April 2009
    14,389 Posts
    Sue.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

17. Post #1737
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,374 Posts
    Well ive been using the leaked XXLP2 ROM for a while and its alright. A lot of the ICS apps have been skinned to their TW gingerbread counterparts but a good daily driver.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

18. Post #1738
    Anybody got an answer about why my desire z doesn't get rooted properly?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

19. Post #1739
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    3,606 Posts
    Because HTC
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

20. Post #1740
    open.gl
    February 2007
    7,431 Posts
    Just bought a Galaxy Nexus for €461,32 (=$609.26) at Mediamarkt thanks to the -19% taxes deal :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

21. Post #1741
    hi there
    Dennab
    September 2011
    5,898 Posts
    So what's the best android (unlocked) phone can I get for ~$800-900?

22. Post #1742
    Fuck Arnold Palmer
    April 2011
    8,676 Posts
    So what's the best android (unlocked) phone can I get for ~$800-900?
    the galaxy s2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #1743
    December 2008
    1,475 Posts
    Woo, my programming teacher let me take home a Nexus S for the weekend, installing the android sdk for eclipse now. Still waiting for my Transformer Prime to even get back in stock and get shipped :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #1744
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    21,919 Posts
    JESUS CHRIST the Steam app has the old Steam IM sound. I feel raped.
    I have my current desktop set to play the old Steam IM sound.

25. Post #1745
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    14,725 Posts
    Got a steam mobile invite. First PM gets it.

I'll give it to you after I get off work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

26. Post #1746
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,301 Posts
    Got a steam mobile invite. First PM gets it.

I'll give it to you after I get off work.
    I also have one if anyone needs it?

gone :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events

27. Post #1747
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    5,146 Posts
    I NEED SOME HELP

Okay so after waiting too long for the ZTE 2.2 update I decided to try to rom upgrade it, but after installing some root shit i aborted it. So now when version 2.2 is officaly out i tried it. But the phone refuses to go into TDM mode, so i can't install it. I tried holding volume up and power on and try to connect to usb to remove root but then i can't find the drivers. I wan't 2.2 BAD for my ZTE, so how do i unroot my phone?

TLDR: I can't get my ZTE Blade into TDM mode when i try to install android 2.2, I got a root on my phone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events

28. Post #1748
    SteamDB
    November 2007
    10,901 Posts
    Just bought a Galaxy Nexus for €461,32 (=$609.26) at Mediamarkt thanks to the -19% taxes deal :D
    Thats a pretty super high price still
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

29. Post #1749
    I am no one's bitch now! AHAHA!
    October 2008
    4,110 Posts
    How much is a Galaxy Nexus in Canada?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

30. Post #1750
    April 2007
    1,982 Posts
    aw damnit

GO Launcher decided to show 2 of all my games for some reason, so I uninstalled them until there were only 1 of each game left. Now I picked up my phone again, and all the games are gone, along with my saves. Man, I had just made it into the second city in GTA 3 :saddowns:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

31. Post #1751
    August 2009
    1,250 Posts
    How much is a Galaxy Nexus in Canada?
    Well if you're going with Bell, your only option is a 3 year contract at 159.99$. Fucking Bell.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #1752
    I am no one's bitch now! AHAHA!
    October 2008
    4,110 Posts
    Well if you're going with Bell, your only option is a 3 year contract at 159.99$. Fucking Bell.
    oh i will keep that in mind. i am hoping to get a galaxy nexus or a Nexus S when i graduate high school this year.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

33. Post #1753
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,792 Posts
    aw damnit

GO Launcher decided to show 2 of all my games for some reason, so I uninstalled them until there were only 1 of each game left. Now I picked up my phone again, and all the games are gone, along with my saves. Man, I had just made it into the second city in GTA 3 :saddowns:
    Wish my phone could play GTA 3 :c
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events

34. Post #1754
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Singapore Show Events

35. Post #1755
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,083 Posts
    Thats a pretty super high price still
    I don't think you can get it any cheaper off contract...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events

36. Post #1756
    July 2009
    2,868 Posts
    Anybody got an answer about why my desire z doesn't get rooted properly?
    I'm guessing that you may need to downgrade your firmware version. If you don't get Radio S-OFF or ENG S-OFF then usually permanent root is not possible with these phones.

Edited:

I'm hoping that HTC's focus upon only making a few top-end devices for 2012 will mean that every 2012 HTC phone will be able to get S-OFF.

Oh, and HTC would do well to benefit from following Google's lead and simply allowing a phone to become s-off by simply typing "fastboot oem unlock".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

37. Post #1757
    SteamDB
    November 2007
    10,901 Posts
    I don't think you can get it any cheaper off contract...
    I mean for a phone in general
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

38. Post #1758
    February 2011
    4,523 Posts
    I mean for a phone in general
    Overv still got it for one hell of a good price in my opinion (and dirt cheap compared to the Norwegian price which is around $800 for the SG Nexus).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events

39. Post #1759
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,392 Posts
    the galaxy s2
    Unless you want a huge ass phone, go for Galaxy Note. It's like the one with the least probs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #1760
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    6,702 Posts
    I hate Canadian phone companies. This is what I'm going to have to do..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)