Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #1722
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    21,517 Posts
    Nigel Thornberry in SS13, do it vagax.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7FemtsvV1Y
    Could make a ghostly echo from it and make it a random sound
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 4Winner Winner x 3 (list)

3. Post #1723
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    2,037 Posts
    Oh god that would be hilarious. Or make that the sound of the darkness.

I guess it would be the BLARGHGHGness

4. Post #1724
    I hate you.
    April 2010
    2,047 Posts
    I am wandering these dark halls, all alone...
    "Anyone there?"
    I see a terrible shape behind me, all I can make out is that it's a red haired man and a huge nose.
    "Who is tha- OH NO"
    NAAARGaagle
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

5. Post #1725
    My favorite NSA triggers are small pox cyber terror brown out
    November 2009
    7,322 Posts
    That would be scarier than hearing the sound with the clown honking in the distance.

6. Post #1726
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    2,037 Posts
    Better yet, make it a random event. Have the whole Thornberry family come to visit the station. Dead people would have a chance to become the members. Eliza could talk with monkies and everything else. Nigel could BLAGRRAHRGABR. Add in space bears and other space animals where it's their job to tranq and bring them to the QM ship to be shipped to a space zoo or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #1727

April 2010
    2,425 Posts
    I uploaded another grenade guide (advanced recipes) and I find it so frustrating to write.
    If only the text-box had multiple lines, because you can't just write it down on Notepad and then select-all+copy and paste everything, you HAVE to do it line-by-line and it becomes so annoying. Especially since you can't see the result of everything and you if there is only one little thing that needs changing then you will have to redo it all over again.

A multiple-lined text-box and a higher string limit would solve this problem easily, since you could copy and paste everything with no problems. It would probably encourage people to write more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

8. Post #1728
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,686 Posts
    Andpie, very sorry you came on the server with no admins around. I had to head to a rehearsal.

I read what you said in OOC when you came back and I am truly sorry, and I hope you come back around on a time when there are admins on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #1729
    Captain Armed Dildo, Master of Ratings
    February 2011
    5,508 Posts
    Foos, you foo'!
    Jokes aside, I don't think my dad likes me playing this. I have to help and I'm stuck playing 3+ hour rounds on spacepunch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

10. Post #1730
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    2,037 Posts
    Andpie, very sorry you came on the server with no admins around. I had to head to a rehearsal.

I read what you said in OOC when you came back and I am truly sorry, and I hope you come back around on a time when there are admins on.
    To be completely fair, I really doubt admins would have made a difference. I've played on your server multiple times, and from what I've experienced, it's actually worse when admins are on. Your server runs extended nearly 24/7. Extended gets boring from time to time, so your admins decide to "spice it up". I was an admin on Vagax's server and I discovered that constant admin events are actually not a good thing. So when people rightfully complain about it, you and the other admins respond with a general variation of "I'm an admin I can do what I want, deal with it."

It really boils down to two scenarios:

1. Server stays on extended, constant admin events and boredom.

2. Put extended on a rotation with other gamemodes, less boredom, less admin events, less abloobloo all around.

11. Post #1731
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,686 Posts
    To be completely fair, I really doubt admins would have made a difference. I've played on your server multiple times, and from what I've experienced, it's actually worse when admins are on. Your server runs extended nearly 24/7. Extended gets boring from time to time, so your admins decide to "spice it up". I was an admin on Vagax's server and I discovered that constant admin events are actually not a good thing. So when people rightfully complain about it, you and the other admins respond with a general variation of "I'm an admin I can do what I want, deal with it."

It really boils down to two scenarios:

1. Server stays on extended, constant admin events and boredom.

2. Put extended on a rotation with other gamemodes, less boredom, less admin events, less abloobloo all around.
    We've pulled it back a bit, it's not "events" every round or whatever now. The people that play on it have fun so I'm fine with that.

Edited:

Jace Brooks says, "My dream, ever since I was a child, has alway sbeen to touch a clown."
    Bonk says, "And my dream has been to touch a child."
    Bonk stares at you.
    Jace Brooks says, "If only we had met sooner..."

oh my god
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

12. Post #1732
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,370 Posts
    We've pulled it back a bit, it's not "events" every round or whatever now. The people that play on it have fun so I'm fine with that.

Edited:

Jace Brooks says, "My dream, ever since I was a child, has alway sbeen to touch a clown."
    Bonk says, "And my dream has been to touch a child."
    Bonk stares at you.
    Jace Brooks says, "If only we had met sooner..."

oh my god
    Even the Horror Clown event can't be compared to that simple, 2 lines long dialogue in terms of creepiness.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Hungary Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

13. Post #1733
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    504 Posts
    Those of you who know my admin style know that I rarely do events unless there are like 4 people on and a normal gamemode is impossible

(I'm caseythegreat by the way)

I also welcome criticism directed toward my adminning since ultimately I answer to the players and I'm there to make sure they have a decent time on the server. So let me know either in the thread or in OOC when I'm on or on Steam if you have any reservations about my adminning style or if you want more or fewer events.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

14. Post #1734
    November 2009
    7,322 Posts
    You are a quite good admin casey.
    Everyone on SPS is.
    I love you guys.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #1735
    asdfghjkl;
    October 2008
    3,147 Posts
    You are a quite good andin casey.
    Everyone on SPS is.
    I love you guys.
    casey thunderdomes are best thunderdomes

and they usually involve me getting choked to death multiple times
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #1736
    PM ME FOR /TWO\ RUST KEYS!!
    April 2011
    5,754 Posts
    Quikchoking is pretty OP, that's why it's so awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events

17. Post #1737
    I LOVE ANIME AND MAGICAL GIRLS BUT DONT TELL ANYONE
    January 2008
    11,695 Posts
    aaa im a very bad chemist i only know how to make an unstable mutagen and space lube

i think i once made a traitor die by slipping on a space-lube covered tile
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #1738

April 2010
    2,425 Posts
    Quikchoking is pretty OP, that's why it's so awesome.
    Tell me more...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

19. Post #1739
    PM ME FOR /TWO\ RUST KEYS!!
    April 2011
    5,754 Posts
    Tell me more...
    Grab.
    To choke, don't click them again, just spam click the ''grab'' button in your hand.
    There, you're quickchoking someone. If they're not paying attention and aren't wearing a mask they're pretty much fucked this way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #1740
    January 2008
    11,695 Posts

its arkship not having a bloody idea whats happening

find the clown
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #1741
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,371 Posts
    After having been on the server for 5h straight, with almost no admin presence the last 3 hours. I'd say we need more admins, especially since the whitelist is no more.

Since I was runner-up last time I nominate me :~).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #1742
    February 2011
    1,958 Posts
    Whitelist removal? No please, not yet atleast
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #1743
    Captain Armed Dildo, Master of Ratings
    February 2011
    5,508 Posts
    Don't get rid of the whitelist until Kim Jong finishes up his changes.

24. Post #1744
    January 2008
    11,695 Posts
    no-whitelist hours, like for 3 or 4
    trust me, playing with a few regulars + random players is way better than just with regulars
    since we can rarely have more than 7 regulars, and it's still loads of fun with 10+ random strangers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #1745
    asdfghjkl;
    October 2008
    3,147 Posts

me protecting space law
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Zing Zing x 2 (list)

26. Post #1746
    February 2011
    1,958 Posts
    no-whitelist hours, like for 3 or 4
    trust me, playing with a few regulars + random players is way better than just with regulars
    since we can rarely have more than 7 regulars, and it's still loads of fun with 10+ random strangers
    That's actually a good idea
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #1747
    August 2009
    4,246 Posts
    After having been on the server for 5h straight, with almost no admin presence the last 3 hours. I'd say we need more admins, especially since the whitelist is no more.

Since I was runner-up last time I nominate me :~).
    I nonimate g-strogg ass well

28. Post #1748
    June 2010
    2,253 Posts
    I nominate strogg too.

also funion got banned oh my god why
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

29. Post #1749
    January 2010
    1,091 Posts
    I nominate strogg too.

funion is gay
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 5Zing Zing x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

30. Post #1750
    November 2009
    7,322 Posts
    I nominate strogg too.

Found it
    http://www.facepunch.com/threads/780...1#post34376038
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #1751
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,371 Posts
    See vagax the people have spoken make it happen :~)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Sweden Show Events

32. Post #1752
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    5,881 Posts
    See vagax the people have spoken make it happen :~)
    Not usually a good sign when a person is pretty much begging for admin
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

33. Post #1753
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,371 Posts
    I thought the ":~)" made it obvious but I guess it's hard to read out on the internet.

34. Post #1754
    April 2007
    4,962 Posts
    The best admins are found by searching for which players behave the best while you are playing. Not the ones begging for it just to start a shitstorm when do become one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #1755
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,371 Posts
    The best admins are found by searching for which players behave the best while you are playing. Not the ones begging for it just to start a shitstorm when do become one.
    I spent 3 hours yesterday explaining why you can't kill people without reason in sandbox mode. I only raged ~once~ when I actually was killed.

Edited:

Then I builded like 5 mechs it was awesome.

36. Post #1756
    April 2007
    4,962 Posts
    I spent 3 hours yesterday explaining why you can't kill people without reason in sandbox mode. I only raged ~once~ when I actually was killed.
    Look at it like the adam and eve story

God creates perfect beings, gives them flaws he KNOWS they will end up doing, and putting the biggest possible "sin" right next to them, into reach. Like some sort of sick experiment with lab rats. Also a talking snake to convince them. God was an asshole.

It comes down to following your own rules as best as possible while massive temptation is right next to you, but you have to be able to convince yourself that people are assholes and only do it to piss you or other people off. Raging admins are a no-no, as they damage the other players more then they do the one causing the trouble. That and god's wrath will strike you down with furious anger and vengeance should you give in to their plans. They don't care, they just want to see you mad and foaming.

Basically, deal with it. Trolls will be trolls forever
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Belgium Show Events

37. Post #1757
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,371 Posts
    Look at it like the adam and eve story

God creates perfect beings, gives them flaws he KNOWS they will end up doing, and putting the biggest possible "sin" right next to them, into reach. Like some sort of sick experiment with lab rats. Also a talking snake to convince them. God was an asshole.

It comes down to following your own rules as best as possible while massive temptation is right next to you, but you have to be able to convince yourself that people are assholes and only do it to piss you or other people off. Raging admins are a no-no, as they damage the other players more then they do the one causing the trouble. That and god's wrath will strike you down with furious anger and vengeance should you give in to their plans. They don't care, they just want to see you mad and foaming.

Basically, deal with it. Trolls will be trolls forever
    Why did you give me a lecture on this? I'm sorry for jokingly asking for admin, it seems to be a touchy subject for you. I'm just saying that without a whitelist and no admins the fun diminishes. I wasn't expecting some dude in a wizard get-up to soultrap me when i was about start making robots. I told him it was against the rules to kill people without consent in sandbox, but he did pretty much everything wrong. I may have been out of my way for getting mad at him, but it was really boring being stuck in his fucking backpack for the rest of the evergoing sandbox round.

Ok yeah so trolls will be trolls forever, true as it may be, why should we accept them on our server?. I'm all for dropping the whitelist and letting fun people in, but I want the dumb people to stay out.

I don't know why I'm trying to justify myself in front of you, but you're starting an unnecessary discussion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

38. Post #1758
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    5,951 Posts
    So what server are you all playing on? I haven't played SS13 in a while and I'm interested at getting back into it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

39. Post #1759

April 2010
    2,425 Posts
    What's with the randomly playing Austin Powers music? It happens whenever I go out to space.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #1760
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,371 Posts
    So what server are you all playing on? I haven't played SS13 in a while and I'm interested at getting back into it.
    SPS 69, I dunno if the whitelist is required anymore.