1. Post #361
    Fabulous!
    April 2010
    6,483 Posts
    I was wondering one thing.
    Would you guys be interested if Games Workshop decided to make a F2P MMO, a digital adaptation of tabletop W40k if it worked exactly like tabletop, including you having to buy units for real money (a lot cheaper though, most likely)?
    I know most (all) of you would prefer not to have to buy units but if it was the case, would you play such a game?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #362
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,183 Posts
    Then it wouldn't be F2P, would it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

3. Post #363
    Fabulous!
    April 2010
    6,483 Posts
    Then it wouldn't be F2P, would it?
    There's a game called "Battleforge" that works in a similar way. It's F2P, meaning you don't have to buy the game itself but every player only gets a couple of units and if he wants more, he has to buy them for real money.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #364
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    6,014 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Winner Winner x 13Funny Funny x 5Late Late x 1 (list)

5. Post #365
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    5,999 Posts
    Several of them have, some of them without even realising it.

had

:retcon:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #366
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    5,947 Posts
    Recently tried playing DOW2 again as I played it a little then left it alone. I'm interested in getting Retribution so I can play as the Imperial Guard, but it's still a full priced 30 and part of me tells me I should wait for it to get cheaper. Is it worth picking up?

also, hearing one of my Spess Mahreens shout ALIEN BEANS during a firefight made me crack up. I know that's not what he said but I can't unhear it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #367
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,136 Posts
    I was wondering one thing.
    Would you guys be interested if Games Workshop decided to make a F2P MMO, a digital adaptation of tabletop W40k if it worked exactly like tabletop, including you having to buy units for real money (a lot cheaper though, most likely)?
    I know most (all) of you would prefer not to have to buy units but if it was the case, would you play such a game?
    Part of the fun of Warhammer 40k is the sheer amount of customization you have. In Strategy games, you rarely feel attachment to your soldiers, as they aren't really unique.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

8. Post #368
    Fabulous!
    April 2010
    6,483 Posts
    Part of the fun of Warhammer 40k is the sheer amount of customization you have. In Strategy games, you rarely feel attachment to your soldiers, as they aren't really unique.
    If you pay 5$ for every soldier and you can customize them like in DoW for example then you're bound to have some attachment with them.

I would play the hell out of that game. It would be cheaper, I wouldn't have to paint my models, I wouldn't have to carry them around since they're digital, I would be able to play it sitting on my ass.

9. Post #369
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,183 Posts
    But then you couldn't make cool models from bitz, have to pay for something that you can't show off (or hide when you invite someone home), and you can't use soda cans for drop pods.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #370
    Corgi Enthusiast
    June 2009
    581 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 14 (list)

11. Post #371
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    1,618 Posts
    Recently tried playing DOW2 again as I played it a little then left it alone. I'm interested in getting Retribution so I can play as the Imperial Guard, but it's still a full priced 30 and part of me tells me I should wait for it to get cheaper. Is it worth picking up?

also, hearing one of my Spess Mahreens shout ALIEN BEANS during a firefight made me crack up. I know that's not what he said but I can't unhear it.
    Its about 7 in GAME

12. Post #372
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,778 Posts
    How do Orks produce? Are all Orks are woman with manly voice?
    Orks are a plant-like species. When they get killed, they release spores into the atmosphere and from theese spores, new Orks grow. This is why it is so hard getting rid of them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

13. Post #373
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    6,177 Posts
    I played retribution online for the first time and holy hell is it confusing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

14. Post #374
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    7,323 Posts
    had

:retcon:
    Very little in 40K is ever truly retconned. There is no definate canon, you believe what you want unless it's outright stated to be wrong. Has something said that the Orks accidently worshiping Chaos never happened, or just not mentioned it again? If it's the latter, then it's technically still canon.

15. Post #375
    February 2011
    1,959 Posts
    I played retribution online for the first time and holy hell is it confusing
    You seem to probably be as lost as I am, maybe we should play together 1v1s and 2v2s to get used with the game, mind if I add you to steam?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #376
    Dennab
    December 2008
    2,220 Posts
    Orks are a plant-like species. When they get killed, they release spores into the atmosphere and from theese spores, new Orks grow. This is why it is so hard getting rid of them.
    They get released into the ground.

17. Post #377
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,778 Posts
    Very little in 40K is ever truly retconned. There is no definate canon, you believe what you want unless it's outright stated to be wrong. Has something said that the Orks accidently worshiping Chaos never happened, or just not mentioned it again? If it's the latter, then it's technically still canon.
    I guess that is what we all like about the universe. The fluff is pretty open for interpretation so you can basically come up with everything you want.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

18. Post #378
    November 2009
    462 Posts
    Do you guys happen to know any good tutorials on magnetizing Imperial Guard heavy weapon teams? I can't find any good way to be able to do it but I was the ability to switch out between games.

19. Post #379
    June 2010
    1,896 Posts
    Do you guys happen to know any good tutorials on magnetizing Imperial Guard heavy weapon teams? I can't find any good way to be able to do it but I was the ability to switch out between games.
    Why not just make/buy some extra bases and set the weapons up on them instead?

20. Post #380
    June 2010
    2,155 Posts
    You can do it, but only between lascannon, auto and heavy bolter.

Glue the tripod and mag the top of it. The 3 weapons sit on that and I just use blu tack for the guy onto the base, does the job.

I tried to do the handles but it's not worth it.

21. Post #381
    November 2009
    462 Posts
    You can do it, but only between lascannon, auto and heavy bolter.

Glue the tripod and mag the top of it. The 3 weapons sit on that and I just use blu tack for the guy onto the base, does the job.

I tried to do the handles but it's not worth it.
    That's what I was thinking about doing, gonna order some magnets this week and get started on my magnetizing.

And I'd get extra bases but I don't have enough spare people to do that.

22. Post #382
    June 2010
    1,896 Posts
    And I'd get extra bases but I don't have enough spare people to do that.
    Get one guy per base, just have him lugging around some of the parts needed to operate the gun.

23. Post #383
    April 2010
    2,432 Posts
    Can anyone tell me what the name of song is that plays in the final mission of DOW2 Retribution?

If there are separate tracks then its the one that I think starts at 0:50. I really can't find it anywhere.

24. Post #384
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    13,856 Posts
    Friend drew me this, so I posted it on /tg/. You guys get second-helpings.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 6Winner Winner x 3 (list)

25. Post #385
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    5,999 Posts
    The white dwarf that introduced the new ork model line stated explicitly that ALL Orks are IMMUNE to ALL Chaos.

Edited:

Can anyone tell me what the name of song is that plays in the final mission of DOW2 Retribution?

If there are separate tracks then its the one that I think starts at 0:50. I really can't find it anywhere.
    You can find it just fine by BUYING the soundtrack.

No comment.

26. Post #386
    January 2010
    6,544 Posts

Is this what you're looking for?
    The soundtrack is called ''Epic Hero''.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Iceland Show Events

27. Post #387
    Been playing through Space Marine.

It's pretty good, but I really think they inserted the Chaos forces a bit too late.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

28. Post #388
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,369 Posts

It's pretty good, but I really think they inserted the Chaos forces a bit too late.
    I thought the campaign had great pacing. Just as I started to get tired of fighting tons of Orks, bam, Chaos arrives and puts the gameplay on a different level. My only disappointment was the end boss fight. (fucking quicktime events)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

29. Post #389
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    13,856 Posts

I liked how late they inserted them.

My only problem is how short the game is.

30. Post #390
    Roll a d100, 99? Deary me...
    January 2009
    8,485 Posts

I wouldn't say that, their coming started midway through the 2nd Act, just before the final confrontation. My only complaint was that the Campaign felt a bit too short. Also, no Squiggoths.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #391
    February 2011
    1,959 Posts
    So what happens when you must study but you don't want to?

You draw various celebrities as I just did, among them, Matt Ward. Maybe I can get a pic of it but considering I'm not a good drawer it's not that good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

32. Post #392
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,183 Posts

Why was I not informed of this?!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 11Funny Funny x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

33. Post #393
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    7,430 Posts
    I wouldn't say that, their coming started midway through the 2nd Act, just before the final confrontation. My only complaint was that the Campaign felt a bit too short. Also, no Squiggoths.
    I was rather bummed out that there were no Killa Kanz to fight like the trailer suggested.

34. Post #394
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    5,947 Posts
    Reading more Cain books, I have to say even if he isn't just being overly modest and everything he says is true, I'd still say he's easily one of the most experienced and technically skilled Commissars in the Imperium, even if he does claim he's a coward. I mean the guy took on a Chaos Space Marine in close quarters combat and didn't get smashed up with his chain axe.

Also in some of the later books it sounds like he's actually doing genuinely heroic things and then coming up with cowardly excuses afterwards.

Buuuuut he's an unreliable narrator so who knows

35. Post #395
    Roll a d100, 99? Deary me...
    January 2009
    8,485 Posts
    I was rather bummed out that there were no Killa Kanz to fight like the trailer suggested.
    They're in the Chaos Unleased Exterminatus map, sucks that it's payed, but the maps are good fun. Killa Kans show up on Wave 21, 3 or 4 of the bastards.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #396
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    Just got back to school, cleaned off my desk.

It's a glorious setup for modelling + painting.

Dual monitors with a lamp in the middle of them.

Brand new 100 watt bulb.

It's almost like I planned my desk top be perfect for video gaming, modelling and painting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

37. Post #397
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    13,856 Posts

Why was I not informed of this?!
    I posted that in LMAO pics.

Here, have something else.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

38. Post #398
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,183 Posts
    Alright gentlemen. How about this.

A Warhammer 40k-based vehicle combat game?

I mean, you could have a nice over-reaching story, an open world, and Ork Trukks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

39. Post #399
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    13,856 Posts
    What about the 'nids? Quite the conundrum there.

40. Post #400
    June 2010
    1,896 Posts
    Bio-titan for final boss
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)