1. Post #521
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    10,845 Posts
    Maybe there will be two settings: Grimdark, and what we've seen.

Edited:

Or you can just lower the brightness by a whole fucking lot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

2. Post #522
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,355 Posts
    Weak against shields/aggro armor, strong against unprotected flesh, kills on one shot to the top of the head regardless of health.
    Can't you say this about just about any pistol? Even in real life?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #523
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,193 Posts
    Maybe there will be two settings: Grimdark, and what we've seen.

Edited:

Or you can just lower the brightness by a whole fucking lot.
    I hope so, otherwise I'm not buying it.
    No grimdark, no deal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

4. Post #524
    February 2011
    1,958 Posts

The palette is to bright, and the models border on cell-shading. Proportions are slightly offset, and the characters almost "bounce" when they move. (Best example is the guardsmen taking damage animation from the trailer, it doesn't look realistic at all) (Daemon of Nurgle looks comical, as do the dreadnoughts and servitors. Narrator at the beginning of the Imperium trailer looks like he's from a comic book)

This is what Space Marine did well. It captured the true feeling of the game with its single-player, and the art style was dark, gritty and realistic.
    I can see your points now, especially on the animations, but being a MMO I wouldn't hold my expectations much high in terms of graphics and all that stuff, maybe they could probably change some things to give it a more 'dark' atmosphere, but you've to also keep in mind not everything is as dark, like natural environments. There's still environments that fit well enough the 'oldiness' or 'darkiness' of an imperial world, like that complex where the daemon of Nurgle is as an example.

Certainly there's room for improvement, but it's not that bad. And we can hope they improve that.

Edited:

That's of course holding the game is a MMO and MMOs aren't the best thing out there graphically. SM as a single player game is a complete different story.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

5. Post #525
    June 2010
    3,622 Posts
    Gonna get Dark Millenium either way, even if it isn't as GRIMDARK as 40k should be.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #526
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,616 Posts
    I wish it had tyranids
    i wub tyranids
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

7. Post #527
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,290 Posts
    All the people craving for grimdark need to enjoy previous editions, more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #528
    February 2011
    1,958 Posts
    All the people craving for grimdark need to enjoy previous editions, more.
    Them old tyranids
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

9. Post #529
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    The palette is too bright
    Just pretend it's 2e back when the only primer was white and every army was neon colours.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 8Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #530
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,595 Posts
    Maybe I've been reading too many fanfics, but I need to know(if this isn't possible just rate disagree). Can you play as a Krieg soldier in one of the tabletop games?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

11. Post #531
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    7,687 Posts
    I gave that bitch a banana-clip
    Bitches love banana-clips

Orkz don't have banana-clips :D
    Orks have any clip you could want, or at least I swear I've seen banana clips on some Ork models.

12. Post #532
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    Orks have any clip you could want, or at least I swear I've seen banana clips on some Ork models.
    That's not stock, stock shootas have drum clips, but yeah you can convert anything really.

Heck some of them do the ol' chaos thing where you just have bullets hanging down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

13. Post #533
    Fabulous!
    April 2010
    6,483 Posts
    I wonder what would happen if Orks actually realised their power. They could easily take over the galaxy by just wishing for it...or at least creating the biggest Shootas every out of scrap or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

14. Post #534
    June 2010
    1,908 Posts
    The boost in power only comes from all of them being thoroughly convinced that something should work in a certain way. In essence, red wuns only go faster because ALL orks KNOW it to be true.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #535
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    14,019 Posts
    I wish it had tyranids
    i wub tyranids
    If it doesn't have Tyranids I will be sorely disappointed.

16. Post #536

December 2011
    784 Posts
    Hello people i really the miniatures of warhamer 40k so i bought a kit of assault terminators and started tweaking around some, what would be the best way to paint them? i think maybe black and white like those black templars but something reverse?

people keep talkign about drybrushing and highlighting, what does that mean and are there videos on how to best do this?

this one came out pretty cool i think

do you guys like these models that i done?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #537
    June 2010
    1,908 Posts
    If it doesn't have Tyranids I will be sorely disappointed.
    Ripper swarms as generic mooks in starter area to grind levels with.

Edited:

Hello people i really the miniatures of warhamer 40k so i bought a kit of assault terminators and started tweaking around some, what would be the best way to paint them? i think maybe black and white like those black templars but something reverse?

people keep talkign about drybrushing and highlighting, what does that mean and are there videos on how to best do this?
    dakka dakka has the best guides on how to paint, also I like the posing you did. Make the colors what you think looks the coolest. Check the Lexicanum for some pictures on all the different chapters of space marines for some inspiration.

18. Post #538
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    14,019 Posts

-images-
    Please thumb those so you don't stretch the page, please?

Edited:

Edited:

dakka dakka has the best guides on how to paint, also I like the posing you did. Make the colors what you think looks the coolest. Check the Lexiconium for some pictures on all the different chapters of space marines for some inspiration.
    That wouldn't fit with the lore though, Rippers are supposed to be some of the last units to enter the field.

19. Post #539
    June 2010
    1,908 Posts
    That wouldn't fit with the lore though, Rippers are supposed to be some of the last units to enter the field.
    fine, first foe is a biotitan.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

20. Post #540
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    I wonder what would happen if Orks actually realised their power. They could easily take over the galaxy by just wishing for it...or at least creating the biggest Shootas every out of scrap or something.
    Yes they could do that but:

1. They are orks they are not allowed to use smart tactics.
    2. GW will NEVER advance the plot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #541
    Fabulous!
    April 2010
    6,483 Posts
    Yes they could do that but:

1. They are orks they are not allowed to use smart tactics.
    2. GW will NEVER advance the plot.
    Well obviously but I'm just saying that Orks have the potential to crush everyone else, they're just not going to realize it because that's no fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

22. Post #542

December 2011
    784 Posts

Edited:

dakka dakka has the best guides on how to paint, also I like the posing you did. Make the colors what you think looks the coolest. Check the Lexicanum for some pictures on all the different chapters of space marines for some inspiration.
    thanks i will read though all this now, are there space marines with camo color like us army or spetznaz?

Edited:

Please thumb those so you don't stretch the page, please?

Edited:

they are barely 400 wide in photoshop so i dont see how they can stretch unless youre on old amiga and reading this page?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #543
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    they are barely 400 wide in photoshop so i dont see how they can stretch unless youre on old amiga and reading this page?
    He means vertically. Because you can stretch in a way that is not horizontal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

24. Post #544

December 2011
    784 Posts
    He means vertically. Because you can stretch in a way that is not horizontal.
    oh he means like that but is that really a big problem when that space was going to be filled with text?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #545
    June 2010
    1,908 Posts
    thanks i will read though all this now, are there space marines with camo color like us army or spetznaz?
    Marines view camouflage as the "color of cowardice" and as such always go into battle with their armor in full color, even their reconnaissance and stealth units. The only sneaky space marine force would be the Raven Guard, they actually have a special character that will let the whole army be sneaky and he is awesome.

Some older versions of warhammer actually had some marines use camo, but that was phased out as the franchise went on.

This isn't to say that marines in camo totaly fliping awesome.

26. Post #546
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    6,309 Posts
    Can't you say this about just about any pistol? Even in real life?
    Except it isn't real life, nor fluff; and that's the point. Sperging about how awesome this retcon (an entire race)is while that retcon (one weapon) has destroyed 40K forever is a tad insipid, and it was not by accident relic adopted the mechanics they did.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

27. Post #547
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    oh he means like that but is that really a big problem when that space was going to be filled with text?
    IMHO it is a little annoying
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #548
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    6,309 Posts
    I wish it had tyranids
    i wub tyranids
    It has tyranids, as generic pve mobs.

29. Post #549
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,624 Posts
    Looks like 6th edition rules are leaked on /tg/. Checking this stuff out atm, seems legit by the looks of it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #550
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    7,748 Posts
    taktikz are un orkish

Edited:

No, camouflage is the color of cowardice.

Edited:

Marines view camouflage as the "color of cowardice" and as such always go into battle with their armor in full color, even their reconnaissance and stealth units. The only sneaky space marine force would be the Raven Guard, they actually have a special character that will let the whole army be sneaky and he is awesome.

Some older versions of warhammer actually had some marines use camo, but that was phased out as the franchise went on.

This isn't to say that marines in camo totaly fliping awesome.
    What he said
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #551
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,290 Posts
    http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Reasonable_Marines

Reasonable Marines are a reasonable bet of explaining the need for camouflage. And sanity.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

32. Post #552
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    7,687 Posts
    That's not stock, stock shootas have drum clips, but yeah you can convert anything really.

Heck some of them do the ol' chaos thing where you just have bullets hanging down.
    I'm pretty sure the AoBR Warboss has a banana clip in his Shoota.

33. Post #553
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    I'm pretty sure the AoBR Warboss has a banana clip in his Shoota.
    Fuck AoBR
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

34. Post #554
    Roll a d100, 99? Deary me...
    January 2009
    8,560 Posts
    Well, 6E rules are certainly interesting. Tau Hammerheads, and anything with the new Rail quality are going to be massive pains in the ass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #555
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    Well, 6E rules are certainly interesting. Tau Hammerheads, and anything with the new Rail quality are going to be massive pains in the ass.
    Potential 6e. Lots of trolls lurk /tg/

36. Post #556
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,193 Posts

do you guys like these models that i done?
    Find a hobby knife and start shaving off some of the extra plastic from the spues off. Then, basecoat it, and paint it, but make sure your paint doesn't go on too thick.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

37. Post #557
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    Find a hobby knife and start shaving off some of the extra plastic from the spues off. Then, basecoat it, and paint it, but make sure your paint doesn't go on too thick.
    -snop- those god damn images out of your quote please

We do not need to see storm shields again and again.

If I wanted to see that shit I'd go to a GW store. Oh look a billion SS everywhere.

38. Post #558
    Roll a d100, 99? Deary me...
    January 2009
    8,560 Posts
    Potential 6e. Lots of trolls lurk /tg/
    Potentially yes, but it's a lot of work if it is a troll. The format is in-keeping with the 5E Rulebook and it mentions lots of recent updates, like Necron Command Barges. Plus, if it's true...my god if it's true.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

39. Post #559
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    7,687 Posts
    Fuck AoBR
    Hey man, before they jacked the price up you couldn't go wrong spending $60 to get a Warboss, 5 Nobz, 20 Boyz and 3 Deff Koptaz, plus alot of SPESS MEHREENZ to sell on eBay. (probably why they jacked the price up if you ask me)

40. Post #560
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    8,705 Posts
    I still have a horrible feeling that they're aiming for T with DMO / one version (so they make that one censored). Look at the nurgle demon, it has metal on it where organs should be hanging out.

Also am I the only one that though that Space Marine wasn't grimdark enough? And wasn't really even close?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)