1. Post #561
    Roll a d100, 99? Deary me...
    January 2009
    8,449 Posts
    I still have a horrible feeling that they're aiming for T with DMO / one version (so they make that one censored). Look at the nurgle demon, it has metal on it where organs should be hanging out.

Also am I the only one that though that Space Marine wasn't grimdark enough? And wasn't really even close?
    Why should it be? It's trying to sell an action game. Hell, the tabletop game isn't that grimdark until you read into it a bit. And the ending was pretty grimdark, hell, people complained that it put a damper on the game and that it didn't make them feel like the big goddamn hero the Imperium deserved.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #562
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,155 Posts
    We just need a game where you play as guardsman. Your only choice is how you will die. EVERYTHING YOU DO WILL KILL YOU.

Grimdark enough?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

3. Post #563
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    September 2010
    8,080 Posts
    I want to die of orks finding a use for sand paper. NOTHING WOULD BE SAVED
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

4. Post #564
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    14,927 Posts
    I still have a horrible feeling that they're aiming for T with DMO / one version (so they make that one censored). Look at the nurgle demon, it has metal on it where organs should be hanging out.

Also am I the only one that though that Space Marine wasn't grimdark enough? And wasn't really even close?
    One thing I felt in Space Marine was that while it might have been grimdark, it was all very empty, and you can't give that much grimdarkness to empty corridors.
    Chaos stuff wasn't anywhere grimdark enough though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #565
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    17,961 Posts
    How do you fucks glue your models together and than paint them? I have to paint the pieces individually THAN glue them. It's impossible for me to paint them assembled, it's such a cluster fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 3 (list)

6. Post #566
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    14,927 Posts
    In fact, only way to make it grimdark enough would be to play as a guardsman, and mix the vibe of Amnesia (by that I mean a lot more sorrow and dread when people die, not just someone ragdolling and falling to the ground without a sound and completely intact) and the brutal deaths of Dead Space.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

7. Post #567
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    September 2010
    8,080 Posts
    One thing I felt in Space Marine was that while it might have been grimdark, it was all very empty, and you can't give that much grimdarkness to empty corridors.
    Chaos stuff wasn't anywhere grimdark enough though.
    The games SP just pissed me off for how unorky the orks were. Even when I got to chaos, I just decided to stop since I did not want to play the game anymore. Now I only really play exterminatus.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

8. Post #568
    January 2009
    8,449 Posts
    The games SP just pissed me off for how unorky the orks were. Even when I got to chaos, I just decided to stop since I did not want to play the game anymore. Now I only really play exterminatus.
    How do you mean they're Unorky? I found them to be very Orky, the most Unorky thing was the Warboss sometimes shooting you from a distance instead of jumping down to introduce your skull to his bosspole.

9. Post #569
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    14,927 Posts

Not sure if official, but if it is the Emperor is pretty fucking huge isn't he?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

10. Post #570
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    10,957 Posts
    How do you mean they're Unorky? I found them to be very Orky, the most Unorky thing was the Warboss sometimes shooting you from a distance instead of jumping down to introduce your skull to his bosspole.
    But they didn't talk in broken english!!!11
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

11. Post #571
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    7,374 Posts

Not sure if official, but if it is the Emperor is pretty fucking huge isn't he?
    The Primarchs, according to which fluff you read, are at least 10 feet tall, and the Emperor according to parts from "Mechanicum" (or Dark Mechanicum, I forget which title it was) when he was on Mars and "healed" a Knight, the Emperor is fuckin' X-Box huge.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

12. Post #572
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    18,959 Posts
    HE'S HUGE
    THAT MEANS HE HAS HUGE GUTS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 18 (list)

13. Post #573
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    7,374 Posts
    Funniest part about them though was when I sniped the two Orks who were having a scrap near the beginning of the game, and the rest of the Orks KEPT CHEERING THEM ON.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

14. Post #574
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    7,301 Posts
    Gonna get Dark Millenium either way, even if it isn't as GRIMDARK as 40k should be.
    It is unlikely to be Grimdark as it should be because of the younger people who enjoy W40K. They ruin it for the rest of us really.

15. Post #575
    kill yourself
    May 2008
    4,074 Posts
    Magnus the Red is also pretty huge.

Also i think Primarch's and the Emperor are always bigger than space marines.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #576
    Fabulous!
    April 2010
    6,483 Posts
    It is unlikely to be Grimdark as it should be because of the younger people who enjoy W40K. They ruin it for the rest of us really.
    Don't worry, a 'fun MMORPG' is an oxymoron either way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #577
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    8,990 Posts
    Ferrus Manus, Angron, Perturabo and Magnus are closer to the size of the Emperor than the other Primarchs, they are pretty fucking huge.

The rest of the Primarchs are atleast 1-2 feet smaller than say, Ferrus.

18. Post #578
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    10,674 Posts
    We just need a game where you play as guardsman. Your only choice is how you will die. EVERYTHING YOU DO WILL KILL YOU.

Grimdark enough?
    Make it like that one game, Prinny: can I really be the hero? or something. Basically, you go down in one hit, have one thousand lives, and go up against horrors and daemons incomprehensible to most.

19. Post #579
    Fabulous!
    April 2010
    6,483 Posts
    I'm trying to wrap my head around Chaos Codex, which is much more complicated than Oldcron Codex that I'm used to (Necron Warriors, Necron Warriors, more Necron Warriors).
    This is my first stab at it, 1000 points army:

-HQ-
    Green Squad:
    1 Chaos Sorcerer (Mark of Tzeentch) - 165pts
    Bolt of Change
    Doombolt

Purple Squad:
    1 Summoned Greater Demon - 100pts

-Troops-
    Blue Squad:
    1 Aspiring Sorcerer (Bolt of Change) - 85pts
    9 Rubric Marines - 207pts

Red Squad:
    1 Aspiring Sorcerer (Bolt of Change) - 85pts
    9 Rubric Marines - 207pts

-Heavy Support-
    1 Chaos Defiler (Heavy Flamer, Autocannon) - 150pts

Total: 999pts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

20. Post #580
    January 2009
    8,449 Posts
    They don't speak enough for their syntax to be broken. They just shout;
    "SPACE MARINE"
    "I'M GONNA GUT YOU SPACE MARINE" and other variations. That's enough for me.

21. Post #581
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,235 Posts
    Except it isn't real life, nor fluff; and that's the point. Sperging about how awesome this retcon (an entire race)is while that retcon (one weapon) has destroyed 40K forever is a tad insipid, and it was not by accident relic adopted the mechanics they did.
    ...What?

I'm trying to point out that saying a bolt pistol is the same as pretty much any other pistol on the basis of "it's a pistol" is kind of stupid. Yes, they're both pistols, but that's where the similarities end.

22. Post #582
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    7,301 Posts
    Except it isn't real life, nor fluff; and that's the point. Sperging about how awesome this retcon (an entire race)is while that retcon (one weapon) has destroyed 40K forever is a tad insipid, and it was not by accident relic adopted the mechanics they did.
    So you are saying if someone likes one change they aren't allowed to dislike anything else? Necrons were not retconned either, just expanded upon - except the C'tan are now Shards.

23. Post #583
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,605 Posts
    I'm trying to wrap my head around Chaos Codex, which is much more complicated than Oldcron Codex that I'm used to (Necron Warriors, Necron Warriors, more Necron Warriors).

Where did you get those icons from?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

24. Post #584
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,988 Posts
    Horus seems bigger mind:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

25. Post #585
    I WOTCH ANIEM
    October 2008
    8,053 Posts

I'll battle you if you want.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events

26. Post #586
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    2,553 Posts
    Where did you get those icons from?
    Vassal 40k.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

27. Post #587
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    14,927 Posts
    Horus seems bigger mind:

He's also standing three steps higher up though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

28. Post #588
    January 2009
    8,449 Posts
    Horus seems bigger mind:

Horus was a fool. The Emperor moreso for sure, but still.

29. Post #589
    Corgi Enthusiast
    June 2009
    575 Posts
    Ferrus Manus, Angron, Perturabo and Magnus are closer to the size of the Emperor than the other Primarchs, they are pretty fucking huge.

The rest of the Primarchs are atleast 1-2 feet smaller than say, Ferrus.
    I always though Magnus was taller than The Emprah.

30. Post #590
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    9,450 Posts
    Horus seems bigger mind:

Horus is standing on the top step, the Emperor isn't.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

31. Post #591
    January 2009
    8,449 Posts
    I always though Magnus was taller than The Emprah.
    I believe he is yes.

32. Post #592
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    9,450 Posts
    The thing is, the Emperor can alter his appearance to whatever the hell he wants, and the apparance you see isn't neccesarily his actual one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

33. Post #593
    January 2009
    8,449 Posts
    The thing is, the Emperor can alter his appearance to whatever the hell he wants, and the apparance you see isn't neccesarily his actual one.
    Aye. I see him as a corpse now. He doesn't seem to be in any rush to change my mind.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 12 (list)

34. Post #594
    November 2008
    1,452 Posts
    What if it's the Imperium itself that keeps the Emperor on the edge of death. They believe he's dying, so he is, and he is using all his will to keep himself alive. Probably wrong though, feel free to dispute.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #595
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    7,301 Posts
    What if it's the Imperium itself that keeps the Emperor on the edge of death. They believe he's dying, so he is, and he is using all his will to keep himself alive. Probably wrong though, feel free to dispute.
    Highly unlikely - He was put into the Golden Throne because was dying. Belief also has very little power in W40K.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #596
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    9,450 Posts
    Highly unlikely - He was put into the Golden Throne because was dying. Belief also has very little power in W40K.
    Actually, belief and action have very much power in 40K, though that usually transfers to warp beings, its unknown if it applies to the Emperor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

37. Post #597
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,988 Posts
    That whole Saint thing in Gaunts Ghosts is around belief and she turned out to be real.

And the painting things red with orks works too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events

38. Post #598
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,901 Posts
    Actually, belief and action have very much power in 40K, though that usually transfers to warp beings, its unknown if it applies to the Emperor.
    Isn't it occasionally hinted at that the Emprah is a warp god all along?

There was a surprisingly comprehensive theory that he's actually that one Chaos god that exist for the sole purpose of opposing all the other gods. I think that'd be a pretty good twist if GW would ever advance the fucking plot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

39. Post #599
    January 2009
    8,449 Posts
    Isn't it occasionally hinted at that the Emprah is a warp god all along?

There was a surprisingly comprehensive theory that he's actually that one Chaos god that exist for the sole purpose of opposing all the other gods. I think that'd be a pretty good twist if GW would ever advance the fucking plot.
    Malal? He doesn't exist strictly, the guy who created him left GW and took all his ideas with him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #600
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,901 Posts
    Malal? He doesn't exist strictly, the guy who created him left GW and took all his ideas with him.
    Or maybe that's just what GW wants us to think

sorry if I start this bullshit again   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)