1. Post #161
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,192 Posts
    4ed, the only one that exists currently. However, my LGS is hearing February to March for Tau models and codex. I don't know if that fits with the 6ed release though.
    I've heard similar rumors about the Tau. I went to a store four days ago and I'm regretting not asking the same question.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

2. Post #162
    boy i sure do love it when my title doesnt fit
    December 2009
    6,499 Posts
    Giving up on playing necrons simlpy due to slow expansion early on.
    What race guys.
    What race.

[Dark Crusade that is]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

3. Post #163
    September 2010
    4,175 Posts
    Giving up on playing necrons simlpy due to slow expansion early on.
    What race guys.
    What race.

[Dark Crusade that is]
    Imperial Guard. Just rush everything with Guardsmen, and later equip them with grenadelunchers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

4. Post #164
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,290 Posts
    Imperial Guard. Just rush everything with Guardsmen, and later equip them with grenadelunchers
    Plasmaspam Guardsmen rape everything that's infantry.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #165
    September 2010
    4,175 Posts
    But nadelunchers knock everything down
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

6. Post #166
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,290 Posts
    Juggle entire squads of everything!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

7. Post #167
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    THE TAU CODEX IS A 5E CODEX.

But GW are not retards. The Necron codex was designed for 6e and so will the Tau codex.

So they're more like 5.5e
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

8. Post #168
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,192 Posts
    THE TAU CODEX IS A 5E CODEX.

But GW are not retards. The Necron codex was designed for 6e and so will the Tau codex.

So they're more like 5.5e
    Wait, do you have a source on this? Is it confirmed that the Tau codex is next?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

9. Post #169
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,449 Posts
    My least favorite mechanic of the original DoW games was how explosives would knock things over. It'd be fine... if they weren't invincible while being knocked around.

Edited:

Speaking of being invincible, I wonder why they never fixed the amount of sync kills the Big Mek would do. Every melee kill turned into one, and it was invincible during them...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

10. Post #170
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    Wait, do you have a source on this? Is it confirmed that the Tau codex is next?
    The rumor mill is rarely wrong.

Current release schedule is Q1 slot Tau, Q2 6e + Kay Os (crab in the bucket), Q3 is Eldar

Nothing is confirmed but these are the rumors.
    People doubted the necron rumors too.

Edited:

SPEAKING OF UPDATES.

Why did spehss mehrine on steam just update?

I'd google it but I'm getting off the computer as I type this, time to watch some Dr.Who with the ol' GF
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #171
    June 2010
    1,908 Posts
    Let the record state that I hate those pansy spess elves.

12. Post #172
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,354 Posts
    SPEAKING OF UPDATES.

Why did spehss mehrine on steam just update?

I'd google it but I'm getting off the computer as I type this, time to watch some Dr.Who with the ol' GF
    Facebook says
    Space Marine (THQ)
    We're applying a new patch to the PC version of Space Marine to address two issues that have been reported by the community. You should be noticing this patch being applied by Steam shortly. For more details head on over to our official community site.
    Space Marine | Space Marine Steam Patch 01/03/12
    Owners of Space Marine on the PC may shortly notice a new patch being applied by Steam. This patch includes fixes for the following issues:
    - Push-to-Talk
    - Alpha Legion Customizer Bug

13. Post #173
    ask me for a rust key :~)
    December 2008
    18,466 Posts
    So basically Tau codex will implement a lot of the rumored stuff in 6e, but still be perfectly playable in 5e?

14. Post #174
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,290 Posts
    The better question is of course: Will Tau be more Grimdark or Animu style in the next codex?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #175
    December 2009
    6,499 Posts
    Yeah chose imperial guardsmen.
    Rape everywhere.

16. Post #176
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,192 Posts
    The better question is of course: Will Tau be more Grimdark or Animu style in the next codex?
    They will get cooler models, but they will worship rowboat girlyman as their SPIRITUAL LIEGE
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

17. Post #177
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    So basically Tau codex will implement a lot of the rumored stuff in 6e, but still be perfectly playable in 5e?
    No but the codex will be balanced for the 6e rules and will play nicely with them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #178
    November 2010
    5,748 Posts
    Yeah chose imperial guardsmen.
    Rape everywhere.
    A friend I play DoW with keeps telling me IG is horridly underpowered because their infantry units have "low health and morale" or some shit and that they're only allowed one squad of Kasrkin and Ogryns

I want to punch him sometimes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #179
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    They're the least grimdark race of all. Rumor mill thinks that Chaos is going to try and start corrupting Tau. Maybe they will be more grimdark though...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

20. Post #180
    November 2010
    5,748 Posts
    That Ultimate Apocalypse mod looks a lot like Supreme Commander, imo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events

21. Post #181
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    7,748 Posts
    A friend I play DoW with keeps telling me IG is horridly underpowered because their infantry units have "low health and morale" or some shit and that they're only allowed one squad of Kasrkin and Ogryns

I want to punch him sometimes
    Build a ton of basilisks and shell the entire map
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #182
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    9,623 Posts
    4ed, the only one that exists currently. However, my LGS is hearing February to March for Tau models and codex. I don't know if that fits with the 6ed release though.
    IG Codex is up to 5th Ed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

23. Post #183
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,290 Posts
    That Ultimate Apocalypse mod looks a lot like Supreme Commander, imo
    If it is, then I need to get it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

24. Post #184
    December 2009
    6,499 Posts
    Fuck fuck fuck.
    Played for a few hours, took over a large area of the map.

Go to play another game.
    Come back.

GAME CRASHES WHEN I LOAD MY SAVE.
    WHY

25. Post #185
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,290 Posts
    OP needs more info on pre-DoW games as well as Tabletop games such as Necromunda and Battlefield Gothic.

26. Post #186
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,624 Posts
    They're the least grimdark race of all. Rumor mill thinks that Chaos is going to try and start corrupting Tau. Maybe they will be more grimdark though...
    Unlikely, due to the relative warp immunity of Tau. I'd bet that they are going to be expanding on Farsight and how Ethereals aren't the 'ideal leaders' for Tau, if they want more grimdark.
    I mean, one of the most loyal generals gets commanded to war, the Ethereal supporting his troops' morale outside the immediate Tau space dies and suddenly he turns renegade? Sounds rather fishy. Although, he did find Dawn Blade at around same time, so it could be fluffed as Chaos influence.
    Either way, if they extend on either Farsight or Chaos influence, we'd probably see more melee-oriented units since Farsight believes close combat to be a vital part of warfare. Chaos would have something like Khornate XV-8s with flamers and Dawn Blade-derivatives I guess?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

27. Post #187
    August 2009
    1,636 Posts
    Oh god it's a great unclean one!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #188
    February 2011
    1,958 Posts
    I'm going to give MP retribution a try, I'll probably get raped but fuck it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

29. Post #189
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    9,623 Posts
    Unlikely, due to the relative warp immunity of Tau. I'd bet that they are going to be expanding on Farsight and how Ethereals aren't the 'ideal leaders' for Tau, if they want more grimdark.
    I mean, one of the most loyal generals gets commanded to war, the Ethereal supporting his troops' morale outside the immediate Tau space dies and suddenly he turns renegade? Sounds rather fishy. Although, he did find Dawn Blade at around same time, so it could be fluffed as Chaos influence.
    Either way, if they extend on either Farsight or Chaos influence, we'd probably see more melee-oriented units since Farsight believes close combat to be a vital part of warfare. Chaos would have something like Khornate XV-8s with flamers and Dawn Blade-derivatives I guess?
    You do realise that Ethereals use what is essentially mind control to keep the entire tau race in line don't you?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

30. Post #190
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,290 Posts
    You do realise that Ethereals use what is essentially mind control to keep the entire tau race in line don't you?
    It's just Pheromones, really. Particularly strong ones, sure, but it's not too outstanding or farfetched.

31. Post #191
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,624 Posts
    It's from Xenology as far as I know, so I don't put 100% certainty on that, but yeah, I know that tidbit. It's a fair one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

32. Post #192
    February 2011
    1,958 Posts

I got raped in the butte
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #193
    December 2009
    6,499 Posts

I got raped in the butte
    You were playing space marines, that is why.
    [Eldar is best dar in DoW2]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #194
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    7,401 Posts
    I haven't read Xenology, but i thought it didn't actually say that. I think it more implied that the Eldar took the Pheremones from the Q'orl and put them in the Ethereal or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

35. Post #195
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,252 Posts
    Build a ton of basilisks and shell the entire map
    You're only allowed 3 though, and they take the vehicle cap that I usually use for the more offensive vehicles like the Russ and Baneblade. After all that, I'm usually left with only enough for one Basilisk.

So long as the target is quite a distance away and in front of them, they rape face.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Philippines Show Events

36. Post #196
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    8,165 Posts
    Sweet, I just bought Warhammer 40k: Space Marine from Greenmangaming for $12. Easily worth it. Figured I could share that with people in here in case somebody is interested.

http://www.greenmangaming.co.uk/game...-space-marine/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

37. Post #197
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    6,177 Posts
    So yesterday one of my PC's told me she'd send her character portrait over. As she seems to be a practical girl I was expecting a very practical explorator.

When I got it it was a skinny girl with huge knockers wearing miniskirt and a tanktop and a hood with a tiny cape.

Now in process of creating a new portrait of her character. A portrait that doesn't look like it will get a frostbite the instant ships AC fails.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #198
    Roll a d100, 99? Deary me...
    January 2009
    8,559 Posts
    So yesterday one of my PC's told me she'd send her character portrait over. As she seems to be a practical girl I was expecting a very practical explorator.

When I got it it was a skinny girl with huge knockers wearing miniskirt and a tanktop and a hood with a tiny cape.

Now in process of creating a new portrait of her character. A portrait that doesn't look like it will get a frostbite the instant ships AC fails.
    Well. She'll obviously be at +10 to hit due to the Hulking Modifier and all Survival checks are made at -20.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

39. Post #199
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    6,124 Posts
    I'm still best with Orks in DoW I. They're just fun. Fast enough to do stuff, strong enough to be able to withstand attacks, and their lines make everything better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events

40. Post #200
    Roll a d100, 99? Deary me...
    January 2009
    8,559 Posts
    Pft, Chaos/Eldar Masterrace. If my hands gain a life of their own, I play Eldar and wreck people with well-timed Teleportations, Exarch abilities and other fun stuff. That only ever happens once in a blue moon though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)