January 2012
    1,949 Posts
    maybe there's hope.....

probably not.

Edited:

alright your worst than jesse ventura

your fox news.
    fox? its worse
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Turkey Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #602
    I love bestiality!
    May 2009
    4,724 Posts
    fox? its worse
    He's on par with Fox
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #603
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    1,749 Posts
    Let's just say he's Rick Santorum and call it a day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

4. Post #604
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    16,009 Posts
    I'm not sure what I'm reading here

http://forums.blackmesasource.com/sh...ad.php?t=11236

hes asking people to Petition the mod Teams employers to allow them to have paid time off...?

Wow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

5. Post #605

April 2011
    220 Posts
    Unfortunately, I've to admit that the faith in BMS developers is still strong, as the number of moddb watchers hasn't decreased at all but has increased instead.

I will be fair-play, as a "final offensive" has the word "final" on it, I will let the BMS team finish their... things quietly, without facing the collective wrath of the angry fans I represent.
    Still, feel free to contact me if you have any request about it. The next updates on the BMS CFC will be for the release date announcement, the OST release, and the release itself.

(new BMS logo).

(User was banned for this post ("Stupid shit meme reply!" - Dav0r))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 34Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #606
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    978 Posts
    Send the BMS team a bunch of crowbars. That should get them back to work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

7. Post #607

April 2011
    220 Posts
    I've already chatted with BMS dev's, they're constantly on the same thing : "when it's done, when it's done, when it's done, W H E N I T I S D O N E".

There is nothing more I can do, but I've tried. Sending crowbars won't work since they don't have "headquarters" like Valve but work in different places.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

8. Post #608
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    5,050 Posts
    Unfortunately, I've to admit that the faith in BMS developers is still strong, as the number of moddb watchers hasn't decreased at all but has increased instead.

I will be fair-play, as a "final offensive" has the word "final" on it, I will let the BMS team finish their... things quietly, without facing the collective wrath of the angry fans I represent.
    Still, feel free to contact me if you have any request about it. The next updates on the BMS CFC will be for the release date announcement, the OST release, and the release itself.

(new BMS logo).
    You're not some sort of masterful leader of a revolution against BMS that you make yourself out to be, you're part of the reason why the BMS team doesn't communicate that much with the community in the first place.

Just let the devs work in peace, they don't need another thorn in their side.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Arab Emirates Show Events Agree Agree x 20 (list)

9. Post #609
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    1,749 Posts
    I just realized Joel has the BMS soundtrack listed as going gold summer 2011. Maybe we'll get our 2011 release date?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 11Funny Funny x 7 (list)

10. Post #610
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    17,942 Posts
    I just realized Joel has the BMS soundtrack listed as going gold summer 2011. Maybe we'll get our 2011 release date?
    It's been so long I think of everything as optimistic whether it actually is or not
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #611
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    16,009 Posts
    But its 2012....

Or is that a joke
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 9Late Late x 1 (list)

12. Post #612
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    5,809 Posts
    I know that BM:S is a "Done when it's done" deal, but at the moment, i would like to know how the mod is going with occasional updates.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

13. Post #613
    September 2007
    384 Posts
    I got one year until I'm enlisting to the IDF for 3-4 years.. so HURRY BM:S team :\
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events Friendly Friendly x 9Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #614
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    5,809 Posts
    I got one year until I'm enlisting to the IDF for 3-4 years.. so HURRY BM:S team :\
    Don't worry, it'll be out after you come back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #615
    September 2006
    48 Posts
    Don't worry, it'll be out after you come back.
    Im not so sure about that ... Better enlist for two or three tours to be sure! Or, atleast kinda sure ...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #616
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    5,809 Posts
    Im not so sure about that ... Better enlist for two or three tours to be sure! Or, atleast kinda sure ...
    Then he can have a family and grow old.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

17. Post #617
    July 2009
    5,604 Posts
    It does not. Multiplayer has been on hold for years.
    Just like the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Zing Zing x 8Late Late x 1 (list)

18. Post #618
    July 2009
    2,629 Posts
    Or stay home and rot at the computer screen waiting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #619
    December 2011
    17 Posts
    http://wiki.blackmesasource.com/Special:NewFiles check here regularly they just uploaded some stuff
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

20. Post #620
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    16,009 Posts
    http://wiki.blackmesasource.com/Special:NewFiles check here regularly they just uploaded some stuff
    Boom candy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

21. Post #621
    November 2008
    1,074 Posts
    Boom candy.
    It's magically delicious!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

22. Post #622
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    23,310 Posts
    It's magically delicious!
    An explosion of flavour, it'll blow your mind.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #623
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)

24. Post #624
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    978 Posts
    Raminator posted:
    Sable posted:
    And what else is gone besides a bulk of On a Rail? I read a long time ago that the pipe fire-bombing scene at the end of Surface Tension got the chopping block; I hope most of that section is still intact.
    Actually, most of that section is gone.
    So what's actually going to be left in the game? The Hazard Course is MIA, most of On a Rail is gone, Surface Tension is being castrated, and Xen (all four chapters taking place in it, not just "Xen") is having something no doubt wacky done to it. I'm also going to predict the future and guess that Residue Processing and Lambda Core are also going to be heavily pruned due to "jumping puzzles" and "too confusing", respectively.

At this point, it appears the entire mod will consist of a monorail ride followed by Gordon tripping over a crowbar and accidentally killing the Nihilanth, assuming the Nihilanth isn't cut.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny x 13Dumb x 8Disagree x 1Artistic x 1Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #625
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    16,009 Posts
    I like the sound of this

The Titan rocket is in On a Rail. If you click on more under media, there are a couple pictures of the rocket itself.
    I hope it's not just me, but it's amazing how bad those screenshots look compared to the way the map does after I was finished with it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #626
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,294 Posts
    So what's actually going to be left in the game? The Hazard Course is MIA, most of On a Rail is gone, Surface Tension is being castrated, and Xen (all four chapters taking place in it, not just "Xen") is having something no doubt wacky done to it. I'm also going to predict the future and guess that Residue Processing and Lambda Core are also going to be heavily pruned due to "jumping puzzles" and "too confusing", respectively.

At this point, it appears the entire mod will consist of a monorail ride followed by Gordon tripping over a crowbar and accidentally killing the Nihilanth, assuming the Nihilanth isn't cut.
    Overreacting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 9Agree Agree x 8 (list)

27. Post #627
    Airbus? You mean a plane, right?
    December 2008
    1,806 Posts
    Balck Meas: Sauce
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #628
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,336 Posts

then don't play it you giant tool

Edited:

how can you even be so mad because of a mod
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 9Dumb Dumb x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

29. Post #629
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    6,877 Posts
    So it's no longer just a HL remake, it's now them removing all the parts they don't like? Or have i got it wrong?

I don't like how they are cutting stuff. It seems to defeat the original point of making it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 26Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #630
    June 2009
    465 Posts
    -snip-

31. Post #631
    January 2010
    2,866 Posts
    Those ads help pay for the forums. I don't think they make a significant amount of profit from them.
    It's still the fact that they make a profit off of something they leave in the dark forever. I mean, look at that BMS leak video. It's showing items as well as props that were just recently released as pictures on the wiki about 5-6 days ago. and that video was uploaded longer than 6 days ago I can tell you that. Which makes me believe that they aren't actually doing anything, they are just uploading pictures of stuff they are already done with every 6 days to keep the community pleased. Instead of shitting out all the stuff their done with into pictures on the site so they can show us what they are CURRENTLY working on they make us wait. It's sort of like a stripper that you really want to fuck, but know you can't. This fucking mod is such a tease. I really want it to be released, not saying I don't, but the developers are assholes, but still very good and intelligent.

32. Post #632
    MEGA SENPAI KAWAII UGUU~~ =^_^=
    September 2008
    14,507 Posts
    As much as I think they shouldn't rush it and that the developer's lives should come first, it seems really implausible that something like this is taking so long.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

33. Post #633
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    16,009 Posts
    So it's no longer just a HL remake, it's now them removing all the parts they don't like? Or have i got it wrong?

I don't like how they are cutting stuff. It seems to defeat the original point of making it.
    They're making things that didn't make sense make sense and getting rid of time wasting parts. Its a Re-imagining not a 1:1 remake.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

34. Post #634
    June 2009
    465 Posts
    They're making things that didn't make sense make sense and getting rid of time wasting parts. Its a Re-imagining not a 1:1 remake.
    In all honesty not much of hl "makes sense" to begin with. It's really stuff they don't like that is being changed.

35. Post #635
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    6,877 Posts
    It's was still part of the game though. Removing things based on their opinion when it's meant to be a remake is stupid. The site says that it is a "complete re-creation of the game Half-Life, utilizing the Source engine. " Which as we now know, is a lie.

I'm not saying they can't add their own ideas and views, but they shouldn't cut entire sections of the game because a few people didn't like them. If you removed parts of Half-life like they are doing, it wouldn't be the same experience.

If they removed most of On-a-rail, then why not Xen? Or Lambda Core? Or any other section of the game? There are reasons people didn't like those sections either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

36. Post #636
    October 2010
    11,654 Posts
    In all honesty not much of hl "makes sense" to begin with. It's really stuff they don't like that is being changed.
    If you take the story and stuff into context most of the game makes perfect sense, what they mean is like completely illogical parts

(like how you had to dodge a giant fan after turning it on)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #637
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    6,877 Posts
    If you take the story and stuff into context most of the game makes perfect sense, what they mean is like completely illogical parts

(like how you had to dodge a giant fan after turning it on)
    What's wrong with that? Black Mesa was not a safe place, nor was it very well maintained, and that is reflected in all the silly areas of the game like the giant fan and the rooms with no ways in or out.

It's just how Black Mesa was. Changing things like that defeats the point of them in the first place.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

38. Post #638
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,336 Posts
    It's was still part of the game though. Removing things based on their opinion when it's meant to be a remake is stupid. The site says that it is a "complete re-creation of the game Half-Life, utilizing the Source engine. " Which as we now know, is a lie.
    If it was a complete recreation of Half-Life in the Source engine it would be Half-Life: Source you idiot. They have never claimed to be remaking 100% of the game, and have always said that they were cutting and adding minor areas to improve gameplay flow, make sense of the game environment and fix those few things Half-Life was criticized for (you know, like On A Rail being too long and too monotonous).

They're creating what they think Half-Life would be like if it was released now. Just because you won't see a soldier tossing a satchel charge at you down a pipe or spend 10 minutes extra riding trams doesn't mean it's not going to be Half-Life.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

39. Post #639
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    6,877 Posts
    If it was a complete recreation of Half-Life in the Source engine it would be Half-Life: Source you idiot. They have never claimed to be remaking 100% of the game, and have always said that they were cutting and adding minor areas to improve gameplay flow, make sense of the game environment and fix those few things Half-Life was criticized for (you know, like On A Rail being too long and too monotonous).

They're creating what they think Half-Life would be like if it was released now. Just because you won't see a soldier tossing a satchel charge at you down a pipe or spend 10 minutes extra riding trams doesn't mean it's not going to be Half-Life.
    Go read their site before you call people an idiot. It's the site that says it's a recreation.

The wiki says "The idea is to remake the storyline used in Half Life into a new polished Source Engine version with new models, maps, soundtrack, voice acting and textures. ". Things like on a rail are part of the story.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

40. Post #640
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,336 Posts
    Go read their site before you call people an idiot. It's the site that says it's a recreation.

The wiki says "The idea is to remake the storyline used in Half Life into a new polished Source Engine version with new models, maps, soundtrack, voice acting and textures. ". Things like on a rail are part of the story.
    And most of On A Rail is still there you dense motherfucker, except the stupidly long stretches of nothing but riding the tram.

They haven't sacrificed any of the story; the entire game is there except for minor parts that either dragged down the general experience, or made no sense. Some parts have just been restructured and condensed into single areas, as seen above. It literally doesn't add or detract anything in relevance to the story.

Not to mention development resources, seeing as realistically interpreting and executing (with scripting, mapping, modeling, animating, texturing all taking place after you have figured out what to do with it) those illogical areas are a time consuming process, and it's not like people are encouraging them to take the extra time to finish it.

(User was banned for this post ("Flaming (" you dense motherfucker".)" - Swebonny))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)