1. Post #8881
    Golden Egg
    June 2010
    816 Posts
    I know I've saved a lot but

Daamn
    So that's where my disk space went. Just deleted 2gb of old saves, each save file is 18mb. Why on earth?

Oh god damn it, pageking.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

2. Post #8882
    ☆Artist of Science☆
    August 2010
    5,190 Posts
    I don't know about you guys but this one reminds me of Dead Space:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Vietnam Show Events Agree Agree x 18Disagree Disagree x 7Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #8883
    few words to create space
    January 2009
    7,768 Posts
    Yeah, it's kind of creepy but from Headcrab zombie perspective it doesn't make sense. Unless the Headcrab is a masochist.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 16Funny Funny x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #8884
    June 2011
    2,871 Posts
    I wish they kept in this walking animation for the zombies :(

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

5. Post #8885
    April 2008
    716 Posts
    Yeah, it's kind of creepy but from Headcrab zombie perspective it doesn't make sense. Unless the Headcrab is a masochist.
    I like to think that the headcrab doesn't have full control over the host body. So that poor bastard is using whatever willpower he has left in a desperate attempt to either get the crab off or just kill himself and end the nightmare.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Agree Agree x 23Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #8886
    August 2011
    391 Posts
    When you get the texture, could you post it on here as an image file? I'm bad at getting these files out of things and I want it because of reasons :/
    Here ya go:

Everyone is free to download this and do whatever the fuck they want.
    If you want a VTF version just ask.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4Friendly Friendly x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

7. Post #8887
    April 2010
    52 Posts
    More bugs! Some of these may have been found already, if so, just disregard them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 19Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #8888
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    23,384 Posts
    I wish they kept in this walking animation for the zombies :(

that's probably just a posed render
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 21Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #8889
    October 2010
    11,742 Posts
    If BM's textures and models are free to use by mappers then imagine how many good textures have been contributed. Now we don't need to see maps being made that use some of the same old HL2 textures, and these textures look pretty damned good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #8890
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,359 Posts
    Please let the devs of these realize the potential time saved and possibly even better qaulity in using black mesa models and textures.
    You do know how long those devs have been working on their projects, right? It would be insulting if someone told you to scrap all the materials you've already created just to use the things made by another modding team. The projects are also essentially acting as their own work portfolios.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

11. Post #8891
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,408 Posts
    If BM's textures and models are free to use by mappers then imagine how many good textures have been contributed. Now we don't need to see maps being made that use some of the same old HL2 textures, and these textures look pretty damned good.
    Now we will get hundreds of maps using Black Mesa assets only
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #8892
    September 2009
    1,848 Posts
    I'd love to learn mapping just to do DM maps once BM:DM is released. The assets look fun to use and would make for some interesting maps. (Imagine dynamic skyboxes like the one in the cliff part of surface tension ! Fighters flying overhead and bombing a building in the distance !)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP France Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #8893
    January 2012
    1,476 Posts
    You do know how long those devs have been working on their projects, right? It would be insulting if someone told you to scrap all the materials you've already created just to use the things made by another modding team. The projects are also essentially acting as their own work portfolios.
    Your missing my point, I mean if they are still missing any models or textures that Bm has made, they could use them and it could save time to work on bug fixes and touch ups.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #8894
    October 2010
    11,742 Posts
    Now we will get hundreds of maps using Black Mesa assets only
    Of course, but bad mappers only using BM's textures aren't a good reason not to let the good mappers have access to the assets.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

15. Post #8895
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    4,111 Posts
    Oh god damn it, pageking.
    No one cares that you are a pageking.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #8896
    January 2012
    1,476 Posts
    Hes not saying it to gloat hes saying it because he has nothing to contribute, which its sort of a tradition if you can call it that, for the pageking to post something intresting, pic, vid, etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

17. Post #8897
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,048 Posts
    Hes not saying it to gloat hes saying it because he has nothing to contribute, which its sort of a tradition if you can call it that, for the pageking to post something intresting, pic, vid, etc.
    I don't think it's generally expected outside of LMAO- and post-your threads.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

18. Post #8898
    January 2012
    1,476 Posts
    I don't think it's generally expected outside of LMAO- and post-your threads.
    Oh my bad then, thought that went for any thread with pics and/or vids.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

19. Post #8899
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    14,427 Posts
    I'd love to learn mapping just to do DM maps once BM:DM is released. The assets look fun to use and would make for some interesting maps. (Imagine dynamic skyboxes like the one in the cliff part of surface tension ! Fighters flying overhead and bombing a building in the distance !)
    it was just a dynamic model in the 3d skybox
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

20. Post #8900
    January 2012
    1,476 Posts
    so I found these and thought some of you might be intrested.
    Black Mesa magnum and shotgun ammo box skins- http://gamebanana.com/blackmesa/skins/120848

Smaller crossbow bolt- http://gamebanana.com/blackmesa/skins/120755

Crossbow reload sound fix- http://gamebanana.com/blackmesa/sounds/17883

Redone human weapons sounds- http://gamebanana.com/blackmesa/sounds/17868
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

21. Post #8901
    Golden Egg
    June 2010
    816 Posts
    I care.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 21Funny Funny x 2Informative Informative x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

22. Post #8902
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    19,018 Posts
    Found this in the game's resources

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 26 (list)

23. Post #8903
    August 2011
    391 Posts
    Found this in the game's resources

"Tentacle Shit Water"

also please link me with the mappng tutorial for BMS.

Edited:

Awwww... dont worry. I care.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #8904
    June 2011
    2,871 Posts
    that's probably just a posed render
    No, they had this animation in. You can see it for a slight moment in the trailer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #8905
    September 2009
    1,848 Posts
    it was just a dynamic model in the 3d skybox
    That would still be an interesting way to use the assets, I think. I wonder if there are skybox models for the apache and osprey, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP France Show Events

26. Post #8906
    January 2012
    1,476 Posts
    That would still be an interesting way to use the assets, I think. I wonder if there are skybox models for the apache and osprey, though.
    Yes on both the apache and osprey, and the harrier as well. The airbattle seen in faf is also included as a single model.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #8907
    Willing to off arm for a robot arm
    September 2011
    1,224 Posts
    How do I go about mapping for BM, I wanna try to remake something from OP4
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

28. Post #8908
    January 2012
    1,476 Posts
    snip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #8909
    June 2010
    494 Posts
    The old tutorial link is down, hopfully someone can upload another, heres the link if you dont believe me

http://clicktokill.info/blog/2012/09...k-mesa-source/
    It hasn't gone anywhere, you just copied the link incorrectly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #8910
    January 2012
    1,476 Posts
    It hasn't gone anywhere, you just copied the link incorrectly.
    Well thanks for copying it correctly then.

31. Post #8911
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    7,268 Posts
    I still haven't finished the mod, but it's great so far. What is the reason for Black Mesa using all these old computers and equipment though? I can't remember if that is explained in Half-life 1 or not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

32. Post #8912
    Dr. Conro J. Norock, Robot Sarcasm Master
    July 2007
    7,700 Posts
    I still haven't finished the mod, but it's great so far. What is the reason for Black Mesa using all these old computers and equipment though? I can't remember if that is explained in Half-life 1 or not.
    how much money would you have left over for computers after building a huge freaking teleporter to another dimension huh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Funny Funny x 2Zing Zing x 2 (list)

33. Post #8913
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,044 Posts
    Half-Life takes place anywhere from 2000 to 2009.
    (I don't think we really know for sure.)

I'd say it takes place in 2006 though.
    Most of the computers in Black Mesa are older ones that still use CRT monitors.
    But in the newer, more advanced areas of Black Mesa (like that one place in Questionable Ethics), they use what would have been cutting edge for that time. (LCD monitors, newer computers and servers, etc...)

The problem with the newer computers in the game though is that those computers are pretty much what we have today; which I guess doesn't make much sense really.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

34. Post #8914
    November 2011
    4,739 Posts
    snip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

35. Post #8915
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,048 Posts
    Don't remember where I got this from but I think much of Black Mesa is an old military installation/ICBM launch facility. I imagine a bit of everything in the facility such as the silos, the rail infrastructure, storage areas and probably much of the computer equipment is from those days.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #8916
    June 2012
    5,585 Posts
    Has anyone converted any of the weapons/HEV suit hands to HL2?

37. Post #8917
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,044 Posts
    Also it kind of kills the mood of everything for me and just starts to make everything seem silly to know that those 'portal reading' monitors (lol) at the Lambda Supply Depot are actually readings from the Large Hadron Collider which the BM devs just ripped straight from CERN.
    Suddenly all of these 'genius scientists' seem to have no idea the fuck they're looking at or what they're talking about. VV

38. Post #8918
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    14,427 Posts
    Has anyone converted any of the weapons/HEV suit hands to HL2?
    personally I prefer half life 2s hev suit much much much more than BM's.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

39. Post #8919
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,044 Posts
    Or maybe CERN is our real life equivalent of Black Mesa?

Edited:

Fucking automerge
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #8920
    February 2009
    3,875 Posts
    I've always found it funny that the whole black mesa event happened to begin with. I mean, Lambda labs had a working teleporter that they used regularly, don't you think when they caught word of sector c's tests, the would have been like: "Hey don't fuck around with that xen crystal stuff. Shits volatile yo."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Funny Funny x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)