1. Post #9801
    June 2012
    5,704 Posts
    Link, please?
    It's a WIP

http://gamebanana.com/wips/41097

redBadger, go here:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\BMS\scripts

You can edit each script with weapon_x.txt where X is the weapon, and change the FOV for each of them through there by adding a line that says "fov" in weapondata, without quotes

viewmodel_fov from the console fucks up the shotgun so it is not recommended.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #9802
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    12,234 Posts
    I just discovered this
    On the tempurture analaysis screen when you fry the tentacles
    it's the lyrics to daisy bell
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 15Late Late x 1Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #9803
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,941 Posts
    Please show?

4. Post #9804
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    12,234 Posts
    Please show?
    I'll get an image soon, I'm in game right now.

5. Post #9805
    The best headhumper of the galaxy.
    January 2012
    2,645 Posts
    Please show?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Late Late x 1 (list)

6. Post #9806
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    3,371 Posts
    I just discovered this
    On the tempurture analaysis screen when you fry the tentacles
    it's the lyrics to daisy bell
    That's awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #9807
    July 2012
    3,504 Posts
    Replace "Blast Pit 3" with "Daisy Bell"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

8. Post #9808
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    278 Posts
    Also, what file changes the number of shots you have per magazine? I miss my 50 shot MP5.
    \scripts\weapon_mp5.txt
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

9. Post #9809
    June 2011
    579 Posts
    \scripts\weapon_mp5.txt
    Danke.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

10. Post #9810
    June 2012
    5,704 Posts
    You can also edit the skill.cfg, the sk_max values allow you to change the max ammo for any weapon.

11. Post #9811
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    6,751 Posts
    A preview of the soon to be re-added part of Surface Tension.

Looking pretty great so far.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner x 33Agree x 2Informative x 1Artistic x 1Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #9812
    June 2012
    5,704 Posts
    Was about to post that, also a version without commentary

I love the bit where they yell "Frag him!" with all the satchels wired up to the explosives.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #9813
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,427 Posts
    His mapping isn't on par with Black Mesa, even if it is rather good, and if it was included in the mod I would definitively want the team to touch it up. His gameplay design choices make sense but the aesthetic quality doesn't seem consistent.

The buildings he designed himself don't look as good as the ones where the design was copied from BM:S, even if he did try to keep it in that style, including the hanger and the interiors + exteriors of the parking lot.

Huge props for making that area and doing a good job at it, though, and I realize that it's a WIP and subject to change, but those are the things that nag me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 33 (list)

14. Post #9814
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,069 Posts
    Hmm...
    I know that the original Half-Life used nothing but world geometry to model details in bits of broken scenery (such as the edges of broken walls/ceilings), but that stopped being visually acceptable many years ago. Good on that mapper for creating the missing levels anyway!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Sweden Show Events

15. Post #9815
    June 2012
    5,704 Posts
    The main thing I don't like is those tunnel/garages where the LAV bursts out of. They seem out of place, considering the only structure connecting them to the rest of the facility is a measly chain-link fence. Other then that, I really like some of his changes, and with a bit more polish, could flow really nicely with Black Mesa.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #9816
    January 2010
    9,599 Posts
    It are the windows which feel wrong. They don't use the green reinforced windows I believe anywhere in black mesa.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

17. Post #9817
    July 2012
    3,504 Posts
    A preview of the soon to be re-added part of Surface Tension.

Looking pretty great so far.
    Black Mesa: Further Data
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #9818
    June 2012
    2,107 Posts
    While it is a really great piece of work, it seems that the skybox needs working around, as there is around ten minutes in, after the Helipad fight, a Harrier stuck in the Mesa in the background.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #9819
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    7,768 Posts
    New progress vid:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 14Funny Funny x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #9820
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,917 Posts
    New progress vid:

As always, its awesome.

I just hope he goes back and makes the levels fit a little more with black mesa so it has more of a chance on becoming official.

21. Post #9821
    few words to create space
    January 2009
    7,880 Posts
    I really like his ideas. At first when I saw just the screens I didn't like it much but in motion it's pretty neat. But unfortunately it still needs overall polish and he needs to do something about those windows.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

22. Post #9822
    July 2010
    696 Posts
    I liked the touch on first ram, but I have a minor nitpick: why does he fly out sideways? Considering the Grunt's ram anim, shouldn't he fly out upwards, like in HL1?
    After rewatching, he actually flies out legs front, which makes even less sense.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Ukraine Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #9823
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    6,751 Posts
    More progress on that Surface Tension project.

I really hope he finds a better effect for the manta's death ray, because it looks kind of crappy at the moment. But I really like what he's going for.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 16Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #9824
    Dennab
    September 2011
    3,417 Posts
    Would be better if those jets went really fast and a bit higher, sure I understand that he wants us to see that there are infact jets and manta's flying overhead. But those are ridiculously slow, I'd have that manta squadron fly fast overhead, with tracers zipping past them, and half a second the military jet zips overhead followed by the earsplitting thunder of the engines and the sound of high-rate autocannon fire.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

25. Post #9825
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,509 Posts
    Would be better if those jets went really fast and a bit higher, sure I understand that he wants us to see that there are infact jets and manta's flying overhead. But those are ridiculously slow, I'd have that manta squadron fly fast overhead, with tracers zipping past them, and half a second the military jet zips overhead followed by the earsplitting thunder of the engines and the sound of high-rate autocannon fire.
    yeah it just seems TOO low, maybe make the area more open?

also better sounds is key
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

26. Post #9826
    November 2010
    1,385 Posts
    Is funny how the tank gibs the soldiers with each fire
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

27. Post #9827
    July 2012
    3,504 Posts
    I loved the implications of an honest-to-God war being waged between the unprepared clean-up crew, and the aliens.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

28. Post #9828
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    6,751 Posts
    I loved the implications of an honest-to-God war being waged between the unprepared clean-up crew, and the aliens.
    Yeah, he seems to be doing an excellent job portraying that. I just hope he polishes his maps up some more. And he needs to test them with the default configuration.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

29. Post #9829
    The best headhumper of the galaxy.
    January 2012
    2,645 Posts
    So, I installed a custom model for the BM shotgun, but for some reason, the muzzleflash will not show up.

30. Post #9830
    few words to create space
    January 2009
    7,880 Posts
    Hm, I think the last area he's making could be a bit smaller. I know it's at early stage so I understand it looks empty at the moment. And yeah, if he's gonna make the jets and mantas fly so low, he should speed them up and add some loud noises.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events

31. Post #9831
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    956 Posts
    Pretty sure that's a problem in the v_model's qc code. You could try decompiling the model and edit the qc that will decompile with it.
    Here: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/...wmodels_in_XSI
    Just look at the section 'Editing the QC'
    that QC you decompiled probably is missing the $attachment line.
    Sorry if this is confusing, it still sorta confuses me.
    So, I installed a custom model for the BM shotgun, but for some reason, the muzzleflash will not show up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

32. Post #9832
    July 2012
    3,504 Posts
    It's interesting to note that the Black Ops are wearing Long-Fall Boots...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Late Late x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #9833
    September 2009
    1,952 Posts
    I remember a modeller making a statement in this regard, but I don't remember what he said about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP France Show Events

34. Post #9834
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    1,694 Posts
    The heelsprings were originally going to be given to the Combine Assassin in HL2, the spiritual successor to the Black Ops assassin; however, the Combine Assassin was cut from HL2. Her heelsprings, though, were reused for Chell in Portal, and were replaced with the long-fall boots in Portal 2.

It seems the Black Mesa team resurrected the idea of the Combine Assassin wearing the heelsprings, and stuck them on the Black Ops assassins.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

35. Post #9835
    October 2010
    11,796 Posts
    The heelsprings were originally going to be given to the Combine Assassin in HL2, the spiritual successor to the Black Ops assassin; however, the Combine Assassin was cut from HL2. Her heelsprings, though, were reused for Chell in Portal, and were replaced with the long-fall boots in Portal 2.

It seems the Black Mesa team resurrected the idea of the Combine Assassin wearing the heelsprings, and stuck them on the Black Ops assassins.
    Plus it creates an additional link between the two games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

36. Post #9836
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,769 Posts
    Considering the black ops wear those springs, I wonder if they might be working for Aperture. Or some sort of US organization.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

37. Post #9837
    September 2009
    1,952 Posts
    Considering the black ops wear those springs, I wonder if they might be working for Aperture. Or some sort of US organization.
    I don't think it would imply anything of the sort. If those springs were already there in HL1, I wouldn't say. But what we have here is a fan made mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP France Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #9838
    Kyo
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    510 Posts
    I imagine that (at least in the Black Mesa version of the HL universe) the heelsprings were something already created that Aperture used and then upgraded into the Long Fall Boot.

39. Post #9839
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,069 Posts
    The assassins from HL2 Beta had them. They probably just thought it was a nice way to explain how the assassins maintain their agility doing all those flips and jumps from the high ledges without fracturing their legs?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

40. Post #9840
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,427 Posts
    The heel springs have no relation to the Aperture Science ones. The original design decision to include them on Combine assassins by Valve predates Portal, and the Black Mesa team just went back to that.

And yes, they work for the US government. It always bothered me how you fight the Black Ops in Opposing Force when they were obviously supposed to be the from same faction as the HECU in Half-Life 1.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)