1. Post #681
    July 2010
    1,746 Posts
    Endgame wasn't even really a chapter in HL1, it was just the G-Man congratulating you on your quest and then offering you that Hobson's choice.
    Oh, that won't take that lo-

NO, EVERYTHING IN THE SCENE MUST BE A MODEL!

New Black Mesa Source release estimate!
    +5 10 25 days years
    When it's done.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12 (list)

2. Post #682
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    117 Posts

End game were nearby end mod!
    Where did you see/find this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #683
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events

4. Post #684
    ☆Artist of Science☆
    August 2010
    5,292 Posts
    Endgame wasn't even really a chapter in HL1, it was just the G-Man congratulating you on your quest and then offering you that Hobson's choice.
    Still needs Mapping, sounds, scripts,...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Vietnam Show Events

5. Post #685
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,376 Posts
    So uh, they post an image with the chapter title endgame on it. Even though we'd all like to take this as a HUGE hint that they're basically almost done, why can't they just say for once that "___ is all we have left guys."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #686
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,676 Posts
    Even though we'd all like to take this as a HUGE hint that they're basically almost done, why can't they just say for once that "___ is all we have left guys."
    Because they're incompetent.

Like, really incompetent.

Like 3D realms needing Gearbox to help them release DN:F because they've been fucking around for years incompetent.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 20Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #687
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,715 Posts
    So uh, they post an image with the chapter title endgame on it. Even though we'd all like to take this as a HUGE hint that they're basically almost done, why can't they just say for once that "___ is all we have left guys."
    Uh... Its just part of the wiki dude.
    They didn't just post this one image up...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #688
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,376 Posts
    Uh... Its just part of the wiki dude.
    They didn't just post this one image up...
    Obviously, but it was definitely put up deliberately to tease us.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #689
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,715 Posts
    Obviously, but it was definitely put up deliberately to tease us.
    That sounds really far fetched.
    I can't see a developer DELIBERATLY teasing its viewers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #690
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,676 Posts
    Especially the BM:S team.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Zing Zing x 5 (list)

11. Post #691
    Merry Fuckin' Christmas
    May 2010
    5,364 Posts
    I'm sorry, but isn't that the whole point of a teaser trailer? to tease the fans?

So in retrospect, yes, developers DO deliberately tease fans, for the sole purpose of marketing it and creating hype.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 12 (list)

12. Post #692
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,676 Posts
    I'm sorry, but isn't that the whole point of a teaser trailer? to tease the fans?

So in retrospect, yes, developers DO deliberately tease fans, for the sole purpose of marketing it and creating hype.
    I'm sick of being teased. I have these blue balls that need to be taken care of.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #693
    Merry Fuckin' Christmas
    May 2010
    5,364 Posts
    I'm sick of being teased. I have these blue balls that need to be taken care of.
    Didn't they start teasing in 2009? They probably got so caught up in teasing, that fuck all got completed development-wise.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #694
    Do I look like I speak squirrel?
    November 2010
    2,278 Posts

Battlemesa 3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Thailand Show Events Funny Funny x 40 (list)

15. Post #695
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,352 Posts
    Haha, what
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #696
    July 2011
    6,504 Posts
    Now all we need next is a Team Fortress Classic: Source
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #697
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,963 Posts
    Now all we need next is a Team Fortress Classic: Source
    Isn't that what Fortress Forever was supposed to be?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 27 (list)

18. Post #698
    July 2009
    2,629 Posts

Battlemesa 3
    No wonder the MP is being released after the mod comes out....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

19. Post #699
    February 2010
    6,257 Posts

Battlemesa 3
    Enemy Jeep spotted in your AO, over.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 20 (list)

20. Post #700
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    912 Posts
    It was, until they began modifying the crap out of the gameplay.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

21. Post #701
    World of Vagax
    December 2008
    21,661 Posts

"Recent Updates"
    808 days ago
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Informative x 5Dumb x 3Friendly x 2Funny x 2Late x 1Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #702
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,667 Posts
    Uh yeah, they stopped using twitter a long time ago
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Informative Informative x 2Artistic Artistic x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

23. Post #703
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    3,079 Posts
    Uh yeah, they stopped using twitter a long time ago
    Around the same time they stopped doing any real development.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing x 28Dumb x 6Funny x 5Disagree x 2Agree x 1Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #704
    October 2009
    9,455 Posts
    It was, until they began modifying the crap out of the gameplay.
    The games almost dead, now, too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 10Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

25. Post #705
    July 2009
    2,629 Posts
    Enemy Jeep spotted in your AO, over.
    Reminds me more of that mission with the Russians.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

26. Post #706

January 2012
    67 Posts
    I don't know if this has been asked already, but can you impulse 101 in Anomalous Materials and kill your fellow co-workers?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #707
    October 2010
    11,830 Posts
    I don't know if this has been asked already, but can you impulse 101 in Anomalous Materials and kill your fellow co-workers?
    Most likely

I'm pretty sure that they said that all the console commands still work

(they mentioned that impulse 101 won't give you the grav gun, which implies that you can use console commands)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

28. Post #708
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,352 Posts
    Yeah the Gravity gun has been completely removed from the coding.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

29. Post #709
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,715 Posts
    Well duh. It's a source game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #710
    July 2011
    6,504 Posts
    Not what I mean, I mean it in a way like Half-Life: Source. Like, TFC models converted to source, all the same textures ported to source. Not like FF
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

31. Post #711
    October 2009
    9,455 Posts
    Not what I mean, I mean it in a way like Half-Life: Source. Like, TFC models converted to source, all the same textures ported to source. Not like FF
    But Half-Life: Source was a failure
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 11Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #712
    March 2011
    1,556 Posts
    no it wasn't
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 20Disagree Disagree x 3Funny Funny x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

33. Post #713
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,676 Posts
    no it wasn't
    Because glitches out the ass means that it's not a failure.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #714
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    912 Posts
    I found it pretty useful...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 28Winner Winner x 9 (list)

35. Post #715
    Do I look like I speak squirrel?
    November 2010
    2,278 Posts
    Ram Q&A (again)
    We haven't made any plans for how we're going to distribute the mod, that includes how it'll be packaged. We'll let you know when we do.
    TheDragonMask posted:
    Will the security guard banging on the door (Barney) during the tram ride mention owing Gordon a beer while Gordon rides by? Because that was one of the discrepancies between Half Life, it's expansions, and HL2. Or will that line just be another random line for a security to choose from?
    You can't interact with Barney in any way, you're on the tram and he doesn't turn around to face you. Other guards make reference to that beer that Calhoun owes you.
    TheDragonMask posted:
    Are any of the levels "locked off" at this point in time? Gone gold you could say?
    Not until they're sitting on your hard drive.
    TheDragonMask posted:
    Because quite a while ago Joel Nielsen announced the soundtrack had gone gold.
    And yet several of the songs have been changed, remastered or otherwise altered since then.
    TheDragonMask posted:
    Also as, Marv asked way back around page 10-12 does the mod attempt to simulate mirages/heat waves or wind?
    Heat shimmer? No. Wind? Yes.

From "Chris "Stormseeker" Horn" BlackMesa's Level Designer
    What was/is the most annoying or unpleasant aspect of working on the mod? Apart from answering strange questions like this one?
    Cubemaps.
    Incessant tinnitus, caused by Cubemaps.
    Lack of pizza.
    Server edicts.
    A 3 day search for a degenerate vertex on a displacement, in a map with almost 3000 displacements.
    Constantly insisting we are not dead, whilst insisting we cannot say anything, whilst insisting its not a conspiracy or coverup.
    Headaches caused by insisting too much.
    Cubemaps...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Thailand Show Events Informative Informative x 7Funny Funny x 6Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

36. Post #716
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,525 Posts
    It wasn't a remake anyway- it was done to show how easy it was to port GoldSrc content to Source.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 16Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #717
    MEGA SENPAI KAWAII UGUU~~ =^_^=
    September 2008
    14,608 Posts
    Constantly insisting we are not dead, whilst insisting we cannot say anything, whilst insisting its not a conspiracy or coverup.
    This stood out in particular. Hopefully they realize they're not making it any easier or better for them or their mod by insisting that they can't say anything. Everyone already knows the story to HL1, there's nothing to spoil, the only things to tell are development progress, or more specifically, why it's taken so long.

But rather, I expect them to continue with the 'when it's done' model of interacting with their fanbase.

38. Post #718
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,168 Posts
    But rather, I expect them to continue with the 'when it's done' model of interacting with their fanbase.
    the "when its done" model is the marketing equivalent of a hot pocket

easy to bake, utterly worthless, and produces a loathsome bile in both the stomach of the unfortunate soul who's been exposed to it and the hearts of the waiting fans
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 9Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #719
    MEGA SENPAI KAWAII UGUU~~ =^_^=
    September 2008
    14,608 Posts
    the "when its done" model is the marketing equivalent of a hot pocket

easy to bake, utterly worthless, and produces a loathsome bile in both the stomach of the unfortunate soul who's been exposed to it and the hearts of the waiting fans
    I mean there's a certain element of wanting to take the appropriate time and making sure everything's good without destroying your social life, but this has just been absurd.

40. Post #720
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,352 Posts
    well the only chapters they have not shown are in Xen, which they want to be a Surprise when the mod comes out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Useful Useful x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)