1. Post #1401

November 2011
    35 Posts
    Oh god, none of these are ever coming out
    your avatar fits to your statement

EDIT: PAGE KING
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 16Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #1402

May 2010
    161 Posts
    I think hes refrenceing that While Guard Duty did start 2009 they used alot of stuff from Barneys tales or some crap. Unless I missed the joke and pointed out the obvious.
    Guard Duty is not using content from Barneys Tales or any other mod (except OBM of course, since the merge )
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events

3. Post #1403
    September 2006
    49 Posts
    I think hes refrenceing that While Guard Duty did start 2009 they used alot of stuff from Barneys tales or some crap. Unless I missed the joke and pointed out the obvious.
    Nah, they didn't ever get any Barney's Tales stuff from the old team, so they had to start from scratch in 2009 afaik.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #1404
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,019 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

5. Post #1405
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    9,844 Posts
    If anybody calls me Mr. Freeman, I'm going to execute them for disrespect.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

6. Post #1406
    Golden Egg
    June 2010
    835 Posts
    If anybody calls me Mr. Freeman, I'm going to execute them for disrespect.
    "Ohayou gozaimasu, Fureeman-san!!"

Only then does Dr. Freeman speak in return, for his voice is the mark of death. Those who defy respect can only pray for a swift and honorable death.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny x 15Informative x 14Artistic x 3Winner x 1Agree x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #1407
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    2,736 Posts
    your avatar fits to your statement

EDIT: PAGE KING
    Congrats?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #1408
    SteamDB
    November 2007
    10,929 Posts
    Interview: What Happened To Black Mesa: Source? Part 1

Check back tomorrow for part two, wherein we discuss how far along Black Mesa is now and when admittedly on relative terms we might finally get to play it.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 14Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #1409
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,435 Posts

From that interview
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 14Artistic Artistic x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #1410
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,258 Posts
    As suspected, they bit of more than they could chew, but at least they're not planning on abandoning the project. I hope they can achieve the quality they're aiming for. And soon too. The longer you wait the higher that quality bar gets.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #1411
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,019 Posts

From that interview
    I quite like the blast coming from the tank.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

12. Post #1412
    July 2011
    810 Posts
    Interview has 404'd?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #1413
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2009
    2,716 Posts
    Interview has 404'd?
    There's </ br> in the link which makes it 404
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...source-part-1/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

14. Post #1414
    SteamDB
    November 2007
    10,929 Posts
    There's </ br> in the link which makes it 404
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...source-part-1/
    That's weird, it didn't show up in post preview. Oh well, fixed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

15. Post #1415
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts

This showed up on my iGoogle RSS reader, but they seem to have deleted the tweet.
    Didn't they mention the new website would herald a swarm of new media?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 6Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #1416
    April 2011
    970 Posts
    Watch the date suggested in tomorrow's article come and go and come and go again the next year.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

17. Post #1417
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,019 Posts

This showed up on my iGoogle RSS reader, but they seem to have deleted the tweet.
    Didn't they mention the new website would herald a swarm of new media?
    They also said they'd release the new site shortly before release.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 4 (list)

18. Post #1418
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts
    They also said they'd release the new site shortly before release.
    At this point, nothing short of "We have now released Black Mesa" is an indicator of potential release.
    Large amounts of fresh media is something I can believe in however.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

19. Post #1419
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    2,395 Posts
    The way Carlos speaks in the interview makes it seem like the game will be coming any day now. I'm not going to get my hopes up any more than they have been the past three years, but I wouldn't be surprised (based on the way he chooses to use past tense instead of present tense when discussing the development) if the game comes out this summer, or even this month.

For now, however, I'm going to go back to forgetting about it and occasionally checking back in this thread for news updates.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 4 (list)

20. Post #1420
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,019 Posts
    At this point, nothing short of "We have now released Black Mesa" is an indicator of potential release.
    Large amounts of fresh media is something I can believe in however.
    There are 3 signs of the coming Apocal... release.

1. Soundtrack is released 2 weeks before
    2. Site is updated around the same time
    3. Announcement on the site
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 7 (list)

21. Post #1421
    April 2011
    970 Posts

A demo? :O
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

22. Post #1422
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,435 Posts
    Could have been a demo they showed to RPS. They have done that before with gaming magazines.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #1423
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    1,040 Posts
    A Source engine demo, i.e. "record demoname" in the console, aka an in-game recording of the playthrough and then played back later with Source Recorder tools to free fly the camera around where the player is not, hence the "Gordon is in the red hut" thing.

Also, those grunts are obviously still using Combine soldier animations.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 11Zing Zing x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #1424
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,019 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

25. Post #1425
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,435 Posts
    A Source engine demo, i.e. "record demoname" in the console, aka an in-game recording of the playthrough and then played back later with Source Recorder tools to free fly the camera around where the player is not, hence the "Gordon is in the red hut" thing.

Also, those grunts are obviously still using Combine soldier animations.
    They tried with their own skeletons and animations, but Valve's proved better IIRC
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 2 (list)

26. Post #1426
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,019 Posts
    they posted full size version of the RPS screenshots on their facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3&l=70b732c3d0

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 17Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

27. Post #1427
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    7,819 Posts
    WHAT COULD IT MEAN?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

28. Post #1428
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,595 Posts
    It took me a second to realize what part of the game this scene is from. I love what they've done with it, pretty creative.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 30Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

29. Post #1429
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,019 Posts
    It took me a second to realize what part of the game this scene is from. I love what they've done with it, pretty creative.
    Yeah the room makes more sense now. The original game I had no idea what the room was for.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 17 (list)

30. Post #1430
    ☆Artist of Science☆
    August 2010
    5,273 Posts
    Yea. That remake really makes sense. It's like an automated surgery room got fucked up and uncontrollable, unlike the original spinning blades out of nowhere and just slice everything.

Edited:

-fuck-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Vietnam Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

31. Post #1431
    Do I look like I speak squirrel?
    November 2010
    2,278 Posts
    Holy damn....
    Somehow it remind me of Doom 3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Thailand Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

32. Post #1432
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,397 Posts
    Holy damn....
    Somehow it remind me of Doom 3.
    I was thinking of the mutilation strogg process from quake 4.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5Winner Winner x 2 (list)

33. Post #1433
    November 2010
    1,446 Posts
    What is this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Informative Informative x 1 (list)

34. Post #1434
    February 2010
    6,193 Posts
    So beautiful yet very gruesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

35. Post #1435
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    5,641 Posts
    What is this.
    It's the "can opener" room from Questionable Ethics. The gibs in the middle are from one of the scientists you need to lead through it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #1436
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    1,040 Posts
    What is this.
    It's supposed to be the surgical unit from the biological research lab.

Buzzsaws don't strike me as particularly surgical, but I guess that's an artistic liberty for you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

37. Post #1437
    February 2010
    6,193 Posts
    Looks like something from Dead Space.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

38. Post #1438
    May 2011
    1,387 Posts
    It's supposed to be the surgical unit from the biological research lab.

Buzzsaws don't strike me as particularly surgical, but I guess that's an artistic liberty for you.
    Well scalpels don't make for interesting gameplay.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 16Zing Zing x 1 (list)

39. Post #1439
    ☆Artist of Science☆
    August 2010
    5,273 Posts

Is this the part after the sloping mountains? (Where after we shoot down the Apache with the RPG)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Vietnam Show Events

40. Post #1440
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    2,685 Posts

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3&l=70b732c3d0

These screenshots look amazing; faith restored.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 20Optimistic Optimistic x 3 (list)