1. Post #1561
    July 2010
    6,696 Posts
    Obsidian Conflict has support for HL:S since their release, you can create your own weapons with scripts (and have more weapons by default), is more stable by far and OC can mount games too. Also, you can customize your maps allowing you doing things which force you for another games/mods code it.

The only thing that Synergy exceeds Obsidian Conflict is that it have Steamworks and it have the multipassenger vehicle. The rest was clearly exceeded.
    itt opinions
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

2. Post #1562
    Blue Member?
    October 2010
    7,641 Posts
    It's stupid considering we get shitty mods like synergy on steam.
    i know rumpel was fucking pissed when he found out valve allowed revelations 2012 on steam but not cry of fear
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 20Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #1563
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    817 Posts
    don't worry about that.

looks fake and lifeless tbh, but not bad at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Disagree Disagree x 26Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

4. Post #1564
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    5,641 Posts
    I think it looks amazing, especially for modder-made content from 3-4 years ago. It's possible it looks even better now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 9Agree Agree x 4 (list)

5. Post #1565
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2010
    14,106 Posts
    [...]the MP5 and Combine pulse rifle was never really removed and can be modded back in.[...]
    I can second this:

I recorded the video back when the Desert Eagle became official.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

6. Post #1566
    July 2009
    6,049 Posts
    looks fake and lifeless.
    The fuck are you talking about?

make something better, THEN come back.
    Please God don't use that argument...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 12Zing Zing x 1 (list)

7. Post #1567
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    2,107 Posts
    Piss off and make something better, THEN come back.

Don't expect to see you around here for the next 10 years.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 28Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #1568
    April 2009
    2,817 Posts
    The only thing that Synergy exceeds Obsidian Conflict is that it have Steamworks and it have the multipassenger vehicle. The rest was clearly exceeded.
    There are an awful lot of people who are unsettlingly obsessed with anime in OC.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #1569
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,657 Posts
    That's not a fucking argument. Saying that if someone doesn't like something to go make something doesn't work. Take the movie Birdemic for example. You don't need to be an expert at filmmaking to know it's fucking terrible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

10. Post #1570
    November 2008
    1,126 Posts
    That's not a fucking argument. Saying that if someone doesn't like something to go make something doesn't work. Take the movie Birdemic for example. You don't need to be an expert at filmmaking to know it's fucking terrible.
    Exactly. You don't need to be a master chef to know that if something tastes and smells like shit, it's most likely shit. I personally don't find anything wrong with the skybox, though. It's certainly a thousand times better than anything I could pull off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

11. Post #1571
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    817 Posts
    The fuck are you talking about?
    Well, it has a same feeling as when watching panoramic photos, it just doesnt feel right.
    Perspective is distorted and clouds are static. Why so much hate for me lol.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #1572
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,842 Posts
    Don't expect to see you around here for the next 10 years.
    is that supposed to be an insult? because thats quite hilarious just how much it can backfire when you read it closer
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #1573

February 2012
    405 Posts
    If you're going to use this shitty argument to defend yourself, do you mind showing us what you have made yourself? You seem to know a lot about building sky boxes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 11Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #1574
    July 2009
    6,049 Posts
    Well, it has a same feeling as when watching panoramic photos, it just doesn't feel right.
    Perspective is distorted and clouds are static. Why so much hate for me lol.
    Well I'm glad you have a valid reason to not like it. Upon taking a look at it closer, you're right about the clouds, they aren't moving, but I assume most players will be too busy to even notice or care. As for the perspective, I wouldn't say it's distorted persay, but if you look long enough it kind of looks like a detailed background of a movie set or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

15. Post #1575
    September 2009
    2,151 Posts
    That skybox kinda remind me of the Goldsrc version, actually. I agree the perspective looks a bit forced, though, but I don't really know why.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP France Show Events Agree Agree x 7Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #1576
    November 2010
    1,414 Posts
    There are an awful lot of people who are unsettlingly obsessed with anime in OC.
    unofficial playermodels != mod.

Back to the main thread, im the only one who is worried about what the devs will do with Xen? (maybe with the same excuse of boring/confuse gameplay, they cut a lot of it).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Spain Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

17. Post #1577
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    3,125 Posts
    The other day I started up another playthrough of Half-Life and it got me wondering about if they'll make it so scientists and security guards can follow you up and down ladders and stuff. I'm one of those people who likes to have a big group of NPC's following me and it always saddens me when I have to leave them behind because of something as simple as a ladder.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 17Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

18. Post #1578
    April 2011
    2,649 Posts
    The other day I started up another playthrough of Half-Life and it got me wondering about if they'll make it so scientists and security guards can follow you up and down ladders and stuff. I'm one of those people who likes to have a big group of NPC's following me and it always saddens me when I have to leave them behind because of something as simple as a ladder.
    I don't know why this never crossed my mind before, that's actually a really good point.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #1579
    March 2011
    621 Posts
    wasn't it the same way in HL2?

If so i want something like that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

20. Post #1580
    Blue Member?
    October 2010
    7,641 Posts
    wasn't it the same way in HL2?

If so i want something like that
    the npcs could jump down small gaps and ladder and such
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #1581
    March 2011
    621 Posts
    the npcs could jump down small gaps and ladder and such
    but they couldn't climb up ladders or jump over crap?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

22. Post #1582
    but they couldn't climb up ladders or jump over crap?
    NPCs are fairly limited in source as of yet, the Zombies (and survivors) in L4D1 + 2 are much, MUCH more agile.
    I'd like to see them move over some of the bot features (such as the extremely fluid movement / animation / environment traversing) to NPCs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

23. Post #1583
    July 2009
    6,049 Posts
    Yah I always hated leaving behind NPCS to. I managed to prevent those 2 rebels in White Forest who fight some hunters from dieing and I was pretty peeved at not being able to bring those lads along with me.

Because of a ladder.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

24. Post #1584
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    9,895 Posts
    They should steal Call of Juarez's ladder code:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 29Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #1585
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    24,396 Posts

Gets me every time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

26. Post #1586
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    6,170 Posts

holy shit I hope that guy doesn't laugh in public, my eardrums :[
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #1587

December 2011
    50 Posts
    It's a gameplay wise decision to not let player gather too many NPCS.
    They even had some problems with bugs probably built into the engine, which tried to prevent following allies from losing the player.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Poland Show Events

28. Post #1588
    The best headhumper of the galaxy.
    January 2012
    2,936 Posts
    It's a gameplay wise decision to not let player gather too many NPCS.
    They even had some problems with bugs probably built into the engine, which tried to prevent following allies from losing the player.
    Well in HL2, you could only have up to 4 NPC's follow you.

I like the HL1 NPC follow better, you can choose who you want to follow you and not have people automatically join you as soon as you are in their sight. But it's less realistic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

29. Post #1589

December 2011
    50 Posts
    They don't use HL2's follow method and there is no 4 person limit in Black Mesa :)

Raminator posted:
    - The player (sometimes) has a load of guards and scientists following him that he's saved, at least that's what I did.If you're careful and backtrack a bit, you can have six scientists and four security guards follow you to the end of Office Complex in Black Mesa.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Poland Show Events Winner Winner x 6Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

30. Post #1590
    ☆Artist of Science☆
    August 2010
    5,283 Posts
    Sorry if this is late, haven't seen this posted on moddb page, or the OP of this thread, or the last few pages...

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Vietnam Show Events Winner Winner x 7Artistic Artistic x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

31. Post #1591
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,285 Posts
    Bigger images

These must be older renders, they're holding the old MP5 model.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Zing Zing x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #1592
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    9,895 Posts
    Those are HECU? Where the hell are their huge backpacks?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

33. Post #1593
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,285 Posts
    Maybe they don't have them in BMS, or these ones were rendered without them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

34. Post #1594
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    9,895 Posts
    they look like turtle assassins
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 12Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

35. Post #1595
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    24,396 Posts
    How do you not know what the HECU guys look like? It's not even secret, and this picture was posted a few pages ago:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #1596
    few words to create space
    January 2009
    8,083 Posts
    That's how they are going to look like with different heads, helmets and maybe some minor things.

I remember how people bitched about them not having the HEV suit counterpart that you wear in Opposing Force.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #1597
    November 2010
    1,414 Posts
    I remember how people bitched about them not having the HEV suit counterpart that you wear in Opposing Force.
    Yeah, they only have now a regular combat vest. Didnt liked neither the decision of eliminate the option of select having the M4 or the MP5.

Ah, and the balaclava soldiers arent there neither (they are incompatible with the face system).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #1598
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,709 Posts
    Yeah, they only have now a regular combat vest. Didnt liked neither the decision of eliminate the option of select having the M4 or the MP5.
    I'm taking a wild stab here and guessing that English is not your first language.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 10Informative Informative x 1Zing Zing x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #1599
    August 2010
    1,407 Posts
    Camelbaks:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CamelBak

I think they're standard equipment for most branches in the US army
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #1600
    November 2010
    1,414 Posts
    I'm taking a wild stab here and guessing that English is not your first language.
    No, it isnt. I tend to commit grammar errors on complex phrases like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Spain Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)