1. Post #1841
    Judge, Jury, & Executioner
    September 2005
    63,974 Posts
    it's kind of got that 'fakefactory' look to it, high resolution textures that don't look all that realistic or natural applied to very flat geometry
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree x 38Agree x 10Zing x 1Informative x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #1842
    ☆Artist of Science☆
    August 2010
    5,292 Posts
    Oh man, I'm so happy right now. I really like the Garg's fire effects.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Vietnam Show Events Agree Agree x 11Disagree Disagree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #1843
    January 2012
    94 Posts
    well, hopefully the people working on this post the soundtrack next. Since they said the game would come two weeks after the soundtrack release, but from all the false release dates they said, I wouldn't be surprised if that doesn't work out either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #1844
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,375 Posts
    well, hopefully the people working on this post the soundtrack next. Since they said the game would come two weeks after the soundtrack release, but from all the false release dates they said, I wouldn't be surprised if that doesn't work out either.
    I don't think we'll see the soundtrack next, I'm thinking more screenshots and perhaps videos over the next few months, then the soundtrack.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

5. Post #1845
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    678 Posts
    Needs more Xen shots.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 17Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #1846
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,375 Posts
    Needs more Xen shots.
    No Xen until release.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 25 (list)

7. Post #1847
    January 2012
    94 Posts
    I don't think we'll see the soundtrack next, I'm thinking more screenshots and perhaps videos leading up to the soundtrack then 2 weeks after that, the mod.
    yeah, but atleast the new media should keep the fans content until more stuff, and then, the mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #1848
    Dennab
    May 2012
    338 Posts
    Wow, they really did a good job making the bullsquid look ferocious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14Disagree Disagree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #1849
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    6,964 Posts
    I didn't like the effects. They look kind of flat and... lifeless? They don't seem to have much depth to them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 14Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #1850
    RAIN BOW DASH IS TEH BEST PONY! SWAG!
    November 2010
    1,618 Posts
    I really didn't like what they did with bullsquid's eyes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 7Zing Zing x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #1851
    Captain Westcliff: Thinks Wales is an Island
    January 2006
    18,305 Posts
    it's kind of got that 'fakefactory' look to it, high resolution textures that don't look all that realistic or natural applied to very flat geometry
    I'm not seeing it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 23Disagree Disagree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #1852
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,375 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Useful Useful x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #1853
    April 2011
    970 Posts
    I feel like that Vortigaunt looks a little too friendly, like he's going to shake your hand and not zap you with lightning.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #1854
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,332 Posts
    God those images...
    HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

But since I feel like delaying Blackmesa a bit longer (2 months couldn't hurt), I'm just going to point out that their pipe placement is awful

Look at how the end of the pipe meets the floor.
    The bane of OCD players
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 16Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #1855
    ☆Artist of Science☆
    August 2010
    5,292 Posts
    So that is why I don't regconize the Vort pic. It's also pretty nice that they put in some facility's maps.

My hope for this mod is up again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Vietnam Show Events

16. Post #1856
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,691 Posts
    maybe Black Mesa
    that was a joke
    haha
    fat chance
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Funny x 18Agree x 5Disagree x 2Late x 1Zing x 1Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #1857
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,792 Posts
    Gman looks really oddly placed in that first picture
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

18. Post #1858
    ☆Artist of Science☆
    August 2010
    5,292 Posts
    I thought he was there in the original HL?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Vietnam Show Events Agree Agree x 7Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #1859
    January 2012
    94 Posts
    he always looks out of place, that's kind of the point to hiding him everywhere.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

20. Post #1860
    June 2007
    98 Posts
    Wow, it amazes me how pessimistic and flat out stupid people are (minus the people who actually have a brain in this thread)

Do you guys even know why there was a media blackout? Because they wanted to WAIT until they had finalized work to show, so they wouldn't have the 2009 fiasco again with all the false hype.

This IS the beginning. The only reason this media has started is because they ARE just about ready to release. No more "testing phase", maybe some bug fixing - but no more WAITING.

They talked about this moment months ago, about how they will start up preparation for release with an influx of media again.

It's actually coming and if you are going to be pessimistic and a retard now, you had all those years when they didn't show anything to do it and bitch, so that just makes you a late retard

btw, they only ever announced one release date: 2009. All the others were just rumors.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14Dumb Dumb x 6Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #1861
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    4,173 Posts
    God those images...
    HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

But since I feel like delaying Blackmesa a bit longer (2 months couldn't hurt), I'm just going to point out that their pipe placement is awful

The bane of OCD players
    I'm confused what's wrong with the pipe?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 29 (list)

22. Post #1862
    June 2007
    98 Posts

(User was banned for this post ("Reaction image" - Craptasket))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 33Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #1863
    November 2010
    1,463 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 18 (list)

24. Post #1864
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,691 Posts
    I keep looking but I can't find him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete France Show Events Funny Funny x 13Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #1865
    January 2012
    94 Posts
    Snipe has a point, they did the media release for 2009, and now again, they must be getting us ready
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #1866
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    14,230 Posts
    Snipe has a point, they did the media release for 2009, and now again, they must be getting us ready
    They learned what happens when you release media before something is ready, just like Valve did with HL2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #1867
    RAIN BOW DASH IS TEH BEST PONY! SWAG!
    November 2010
    1,618 Posts
    I keep looking but I can't find him.
    I don't know if you are serious or not
    anyway it's the same place as in hl1
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Late x 2Dumb x 1Winner x 1Funny x 1Informative x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #1868

June 2012
    6 Posts
    On the topic of G-man, i wonder if they will keep all the old appearences or add new ones.
    Have loved looking around for G-man in the other games and it would be fun with some new G-man sightings, hopefully clever ones.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

29. Post #1869
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,691 Posts
    I don't know if you are serious or not
    anyway it's the same place as in hl1
    hahaha i was looking at the picture directly above sam's post that's why
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

30. Post #1870
    I made WAYWO a better place
    September 2011
    1,311 Posts
    I understand what you mean, its just a limitation of the source engine and maybe a bit of the developer, but i am sure that while playing the game all the bump maps/depth maps and all the lightning will make it come to life a bit more and make geometry seem a lot less flat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

31. Post #1871
    February 2010
    6,257 Posts
    Seeing those screenshots got me fucking excited! Fuck yes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #1872
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    97 Posts
    I'm sure it'll come out very soon, and it will carry news of ep3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 12Funny Funny x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

33. Post #1873
    November 2011
    262 Posts
    I'm sure it'll come out very soon, and it will carry news of ep3.
    Hold on, one miracle at a time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 24Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

34. Post #1874
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,375 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Informative Informative x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #1875
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    97 Posts
    Hold on, one miracle at a time.
    These things take time, I know...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP France Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #1876
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,532 Posts
    Raminator posted:
    ac3d posted:
    Are the screenshots on FB the final versions of those levels?
    No, some are from a month or two ago.
    It's like feature creep- those screenshots looked pretty finalized to me. It'd be nuts if they're still making significant changes to the level design at this point.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

37. Post #1877
    June 2010
    4,569 Posts
    I am happy we are at least seeing some life come out of this mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

38. Post #1878
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,458 Posts
    It's like feature creep- those screenshots looked pretty finalized to me. It'd be nuts if they're still making significant changes to the level design at this point.
    I don't think any changes made from this point are drastic. Probably aesthetic for the most parts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

39. Post #1879
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    24,443 Posts
    I don't think any changes made from this point are drastic. Probably aesthetic for the most parts.
    Fixing OCD pipe, BM delayed another 2 months.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 19Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #1880
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,332 Posts
    God those images...
    HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

*image*

The bane of OCD players
    Some people were wondering about what I meant with this statement.
    Look and see how the floor in that room looks like it's made of removable panels and how everything seems to be lined up perfectly, and then see how the bottom of that pipe is slightly off center on that one panel and kind of extends onto the other.

I was joking about how the development team wants to make everything absolutely perfect and that they're going to spend an extra 2 months going over absolutely everything trying to find tiny mistakes like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)