1. Post #2201
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2007
    4,333 Posts
    I usually just shoot into the mine-covered areas with the MP5.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #2202
    ☆Artist of Science☆
    August 2010
    5,271 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Vietnam Show Events Winner x 26Funny x 4Informative x 2Late x 2Agree x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #2203
    June 2008
    4,991 Posts
    cruel
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny x 14Agree x 3Zing x 3Artistic x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #2204
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    6,257 Posts
    It was going to explode anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 21Funny Funny x 3 (list)

5. Post #2205
    October 2011
    542 Posts
    It was going to explode anyway.
    in the good way
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Chile Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #2206
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    6,767 Posts
    That's GENIUS. Why didn't I ever try that?!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 16Agree Agree x 8Useful Useful x 1 (list)

7. Post #2207
    If those guys at Black Mesa intend to create another video, they should think about Valve's upcoming Source Filmmaker
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 20Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #2208
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    808 Posts
    If those guys at Black Mesa intend to create another video, they should think about Valve's upcoming Source Filmmaker
    Isn't this going to be tf2 only? I mean they won't be able to capture game mechanics, only pure animation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7 (list)

9. Post #2209
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,538 Posts
    Isn't this going to be tf2 only? I mean they won't be able to capture game mechanics, only pure animation.
    It's currently TF2, but assets from other games can be brought in and I believe they eventually intend to have it work on all Valve games and mods
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

10. Post #2210
    September 2009
    2,016 Posts
    They said you could easily port assets to the SFM, so they would just have to port their models and maps and it should work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP France Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #2211
    Golden Egg
    June 2010
    828 Posts
    They said you could easily port assets to the SFM, so they would just have to port their models and maps and it should work.
    But would it really be worth doing that just for a trailer?

Maybe I'm just optimistic, but I figure the BM team would stand a pretty good chance of acquiring a private Episode 2-compatible alpha version of SFM to use for a trailer, if they asked/organized something with Valve.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #2212
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,985 Posts
    The last trailer was pretty good and it was not made in some fancy ingame film editor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 9Zing Zing x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #2213
    January 2010
    1,098 Posts
    But would it really be worth doing that just for a trailer?

Maybe I'm just optimistic, but I figure the BM team would stand a pretty good chance of acquiring a private Episode 2-compatible alpha version of SFM to use for a trailer, if they asked/organized something with Valve.
    ummm, i think all you have to do to get custom assets to work in SFM is just put them in the proper directories, maps in the maps folders, models in the models folders, etc.

after that its just a matter of working to get their choreography stuff to work, which since its already able to work in-game, its litterally compatible with SFM, just a matter of work is all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

14. Post #2214
    October 2010
    11,807 Posts
    Valve has stated that it will be TF2 for the beta, and that they intend to allow all Source games (or at least all Valve made source games) and mods to be compatible with it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

15. Post #2215
    April 2011
    970 Posts
    Valve has stated that it will be TF2 for the beta, and that they intend to allow all Source games (or at least all Valve made source games) and mods to be compatible with it
    Here's hoping we can make Revelations 2012 videos with it one day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #2216
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    24,125 Posts
    Yeah lets divert resources into learning how to use a new program to make a short film, that's a wonderful idea!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Zing Zing x 2 (list)

17. Post #2217
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    3,397 Posts
    Yeah lets divert resources into learning how to use a new program to make a short film, that's a wonderful idea!
    Theres a wiki on how to use the Source Filmmaker already, would be easy for them to get a hang of it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #2218
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    24,125 Posts
    Theres a wiki on how to use the Source Filmmaker already, would be easy for them to get a hang of it.
    It'll still take time, precious time that they could be using to finish this time guzzling project.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #2219
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts
    Unless they finish the project and then simply delay everything until the trailer's done...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

20. Post #2220
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,534 Posts
    If they add another thing to this project, they might go so slow that they stop and then go backwards.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

21. Post #2221
    June 2012
    528 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Late Late x 22Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

22. Post #2222
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    1,698 Posts
    That image is literally several posts above you.

The more I hear about how the BMS devs have retooled sections of the game, the more I want to try these changes out and see how they play.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

23. Post #2223
    October 2011
    245 Posts
    I hated grenades in both HL and HL:Source, so I hope that they'll be easier to handle, because I always kinda ended up with hurting myself more than the grunts...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #2224
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    6,257 Posts
    I hope the grenades actually have physics.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15Dumb Dumb x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #2225
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    864 Posts
    Wasn't there a parody mod remaking Half-life 2 on goldsrc?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Informative Informative x 1 (list)

26. Post #2226
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    9,842 Posts
    Jaykin bacon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 8 (list)

27. Post #2227
    October 2010
    11,807 Posts
    I hope the grenades actually have physics.
    It seems highly unlikely that they wouldn't

Edited:

Yes but it's dead now. Mostly because there weren't many easy solutions like how to do physics based stuff
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #2228
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,289 Posts
    It was on the same page- would it kill you to at least skim before you post
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

29. Post #2229

December 2011
    50 Posts
    Raminator said few months ago (can't quote; deleted thread) that they cannot afford to make a simple gameplay video (lol, what?).
    There probably won't be any new trailer because that would certainly take months to do it and their video guy from Bioware is busy making nine ending of Mass Effect 3 DLC 5. He's also been busy for last 4 years (gay love scenes are exhausting).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Poland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #2230
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    2,933 Posts
    Maybe I'm just having a blonde moment but, what exactly is so 'winner' about this? Did you mod it so they would explode or something?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 13Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

31. Post #2231
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    1,040 Posts
    Maybe I'm just having a blonde moment but, what exactly is so 'winner' about this? Did you mod it so they would explode or something?
    Gordon is throwing a hapless Snark onto a buried land mine, clearing his path while ensuring the poor Snark's doom.

As for the Winner ratings, I guess we're just enthused with clever implementations of animal cruelty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 13Informative Informative x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

32. Post #2232
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,958 Posts
    I used explosives to set off those mines, every time I got to the roof of the central building I would be incredibly short on explosives. The Tripmines in the next map was one of the most tense moments of the game, can't trip any of them, lest they'll all go off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

33. Post #2233
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    9,842 Posts
    Fuck, you're all pussies. Trip mine acrobatics 4lyfe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 17Funny Funny x 2 (list)

34. Post #2234
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    6,257 Posts
    Gordon is throwing a hapless Snark onto a buried land mine, clearing his path while ensuring the poor Snark's doom.

As for the Winner ratings, I guess we're just enthused with clever implementations of animal cruelty.
    Animal cruelty?

They're aliens that tried invading us.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Informative Informative x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

35. Post #2235
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,958 Posts
    They were fleeing the Combine, most of them were feral anyway. I for one, found the houndeyes to be kind of cute, in a dog like way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #2236
    August 2010
    699 Posts
    im guessing you wont be able to skip most of that part by walking over the tripwire explosives themselves this time
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

37. Post #2237
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,434 Posts
    Animal cruelty?

They're aliens that tried invading us.
    The poor snarks weren't trying to invade anybody
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #2238
    November 2008
    1,123 Posts
    They were fleeing the Combine, most of them were feral anyway. I for one, found the houndeyes to be kind of cute, in a dog like way.
    That makes me wonder, if Kleiner was able to somewhat train and domesticate Lamarr, do you think it's possible to do so with other Xenian lifeforms?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #2239
    November 2010
    1,395 Posts
    That makes me wonder, if Kleiner was able to somewhat train and domesticate Lamarr, do you think it's possible to do so with other Xenian lifeforms?
    That remembers me that GoldSrc mod which, in an alternate post-HL, humans domesticate and live in peace with the Xen fauna and the Vortigaunts.

(it was Peaces Likes Us?).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #2240
    ☆Artist of Science☆
    August 2010
    5,271 Posts
    That remembers me that GoldSrc mod which, in an alternate post-HL, humans domesticate and live in peace with the Xen fauna and the Vortigaunts.

(it was Peaces Likes Us?).
    Yup.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/half-life-...mages/hev-girl

Oh god.. my eyes!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Vietnam Show Events Funny Funny x 13Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)