1. Post #201
    Worst Member
    July 2009
    7,919 Posts
    You don't even need a bank account or whatever to have money in your paypal, you can buy wall-e cards or however the fuck they are called these days.

don't see how having one these would help you with your money related problems but ok
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #202
    December 2011
    128 Posts
    Disposable credit cards? Been meaning to aquire one. Post office is kinda out of the way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

3. Post #203
    Audio Enthusiast
    June 2006
    2,793 Posts
    I had a debit card in my early teens, I've been buying stuff online for years
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #204
    May 2011
    3,857 Posts
    Disposable credit cards? Been meaning to aquire one. Post office is kinda out of the way.
    I need to get one of those as well.

Edited:

So relavent

5. Post #205
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    17,882 Posts

don't see how having one these would help you with your money related problems but ok
    Wall-e, Wally, Wallie, whatever it sounds like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

6. Post #206
    December 2009
    4,864 Posts
    http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...medium=twitter

Adrian Smith and Mikee from SikTh's new sounds. I'm intrigued for an album. What's with supergroups and shitty band names recently though?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vKff3RZek4E
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #207
    December 2011
    128 Posts
    I had a debit card in my early teens, I've been buying stuff online for years
    I should be getting one before the end of the year. Mum thinks I can't be tr usted with money. The difference is cash is a lot easier to blow in my opinion. If I walk anywhere with cash, I will spend it. A debit card on the other hand I'd only buy a decently priced item every now and then.

8. Post #208
    Worst Member
    July 2009
    7,919 Posts

Adrian Smith and Mikee from SikTh's new sounds. I'm intrigued for an album. What's with supergroups and shitty band names recently though?

Not spastic and technical enough. To be honest, that song bores the hell out of me.

i just want sikth to get their shit together and make a new album ;_;
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events

9. Post #209
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,449 Posts
    It's ok, while Sikth are waiting to make a new album, Cloudkicker is actually making albums because he's a badass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

10. Post #210
    December 2011
    128 Posts

I've never listened to Sikth and I'm already intrigued. Been an Adrian Smith fanboy ever since finding out he did most of the solos on Somewhere In Time

11. Post #211
    December 2009
    4,864 Posts
    Not spastic and technical enough. To be honest, that song bores the hell out of me.

i just want sikth to get their shit together and make a new album ;_;
    Heard any of Aliases stuff? I wouldn't expect to hear much from SikTh any more

Edited:

I've never listened to Sikth and I'm already intrigued. Been an Adrian Smith fanboy ever since finding out he did most of the solos on Somewhere In Time
    SikTh are considered one of the originators of djent (which of course means they aren't that similar and have more talent than the majority of bands they've influenced). Great band. Great, great band.

I'm meant to be doing Bland Street Bloom for my 3rd year performance. If I can get a video I'll post it around March time

12. Post #212
    December 2011
    128 Posts
    Heard any of Aliases stuff? I wouldn't expect to hear much from SikTh any more

Edited:
    SikTh are considered one of the originators of djent (which of course means they aren't that similar and have more talent than the majority of bands they've influenced). Great band. Great, great band.

I'm meant to be doing Bland Street Bloom for my 3rd year performance. If I can get a video I'll post it around March time
    Djent as in the palm muted stuff or the 8 string guitars?

13. Post #213
    Blue Member
    July 2010
    2,766 Posts
    Great band. Great, great band.
    What's your fav album?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

14. Post #214
    Worst Member
    July 2009
    7,919 Posts
    What's your fav album?
    can't speak for dopey there but they have only 2 full length albums, both quite similar but then again not. I personally find Death of a Dead Day more energtic and "fun" whereas The Trees Are Dead & Dried Out, Wait For Something Wild has these more massive and all around more phenomenal moments, especially in the last thirdth of the album.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #215
    December 2009
    4,864 Posts
    I'm more familiar with Death of a Dead Day but I'm fond of The Trees are Dead and Dried Out too. They've never really done anything bad, apart from the weird Tom Waits-y poem stuff

16. Post #216
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    17,882 Posts
    Palm muted 4 note powerchords.

17. Post #217
    December 2009
    4,864 Posts
    The whole polyrhythmic element to metalcore. I mean, most djent is polyrhythm 101 just with offbeats. SikTh go proper crazy math with theirs

18. Post #218
    Played it for the plot
    Dennab
    October 2008
    14,789 Posts
    I don't like sikth, shit's way too noisy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

19. Post #219
    December 2011
    128 Posts
    The whole polyrhythmic element to metalcore. I mean, most djent is polyrhythm 101 just with offbeats. SikTh go proper crazy math with theirs
    Yes, but it the sound similar to None EP meshuggah or Catch Thirtythree meshuggah?

20. Post #220
    Worst Member
    July 2009
    7,919 Posts
    Yes, but it the sound similar to None EP meshuggah or Catch Thirtythree meshuggah?
    WHY does EVERYTHING that has polyrhythms have to ALWAYS be compared to freaking meshuggah
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events

21. Post #221
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts

oh ye
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #222
    December 2011
    128 Posts
    WHY does EVERYTHING that has polyrhythms have to ALWAYS be compared to freaking meshuggah
    I'm talking about djent more than polyrhythms, and meshuggah are the only band that style i've listened to.and enjoyed. I just get confused because from what i've read "djent" is onomatopoeia for a palm muted 4 string chord or whatever, and people call the none ep on that style djent, but when ever someone talks about the djent trend bandwagon all I hear in these bands like periphery is the typical 8 string DWEE DO DWEEE DURP DARRR NA NARRR bullshit

23. Post #223
    December 2009
    4,864 Posts
    Meshuggah influenced one aspect of djent arguably, but aren't the sole influence, and to be hoenst, most of their stuff isn't similar to djent, it's much less wanky and overwrought than a lot of djent. SikTh are like the other influence to a lot of people. They were certainly a fair bit ahead (and still are) musically speaking

Edited:

Either way, just listen to fucking SikTh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #224
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    17,882 Posts
    I'm talking about djent more than polyrhythms, and meshuggah are the only band that style i've listened to.and enjoyed. I just get confused because from what i've read "djent" is onomatopoeia for a palm muted 4 string chord or whatever, and people call the none ep on that style djent, but when ever someone talks about the djent trend bandwagon all I hear in these bands like periphery is the typical 8 string DWEE DO DWEEE DURP DARRR NA NARRR bullshit
    But current Periphery material doesn't even have an 8-string in it.

25. Post #225
    Project Lead, Internet Explorer for Linux
    October 2008
    14,490 Posts
    Facebook keeps suggesting this band called Sepultura to me, so I finally gave in and checked it out.

I don't like the vocal style, but the instrument playing I can get behind. If they made instrumental versions of their songs I'd be happy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

26. Post #226
    December 2011
    128 Posts
    Facebook keeps suggesting this band called Sepultura to me, so I finally gave in and checked it out.

I don't like the vocal style, but the instrument playing I can get behind. If they made instrumental versions of their songs I'd be happy.
    I actually find Cavalera's growls really accessible, especially in comparison to other death metal bands. Just listen to Beneath the Remains start to finish, you wont regret it. It's just one of those albums that lacks flaws.

Edited:

I actually find Cavalera's growls really accessible, especially in comparison to other death metal bands. Just listen to Beneath the Remains start to finish, you wont regret it. It's just one of those albums that lacks flaws.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

27. Post #227
    Played it for the plot
    Dennab
    October 2008
    14,789 Posts

oh ye
    that's it, lets fuck

28. Post #228
    July 2009
    2,021 Posts
    metal is what nerds listen to because they're not cool enough to listen to better music
    metalheads are all the same, the lot of them, with their long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And they hate the police, don't they?

EDIT: good timing, did not notice the Electric Wizard vid a few posts obove this one
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #229
    l l
    lmao
    Dennab
    December 2011
    10,758 Posts
    that's it, lets fuck
    nnno
    metalheads are all the same, the lot of them, with their long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And they hate the police, don't they?

EDIT: good timing, did not notice the Electric Wizard vid a few posts obove this one
    MotherPuncher

good satire livens up the day

30. Post #230
    I sell weed to elementary school students
    February 2009
    11,704 Posts
    http://www.youtube.com/slam
    what this isn't slam, i don't see any SICKNESS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Norway Show Events

31. Post #231
    Dennab
    December 2011
    5,623 Posts
    You'd be hard pushed to find a link to meshuggah, they may use polyrhythms but thats the end of the similarities.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Europe Show Events

32. Post #232
    July 2009
    2,021 Posts
    Electric Wizard fucking ruled when I saw them live, the crowd as well as the band were all obviously stoned out of their minds and the drummer was having some trouble keeping a straight beat but it kicked ass nonetheless. would see again.

33. Post #233
    Played it for the plot
    Dennab
    October 2008
    14,789 Posts
    electric wizard is the best possible band no exceptions

34. Post #234
    December 2009
    4,864 Posts
    Seeing them in March. So fucking excite

35. Post #235
    Resident Dick Master
    September 2008
    38,341 Posts
    bro what are they touring here or something

Edited:

o london

probs wont go then because fuck london train prices
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Professional x64 United Kingdom Show Events

36. Post #236
    Audio Enthusiast
    June 2006
    2,793 Posts
    East coast mainline 12.50 each way from Newcastle or Darlington if you book like 8 months in advance
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

37. Post #237
    December 2009
    4,864 Posts
    Yeah It's about 30-40 here with a railcard in advance

38. Post #238
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    14,449 Posts
    Yeah It's about 30-40 here with a railcard in advance
    I'm paying up to 200 to go to Soundwave. :(

:argh:

Edited:

Anonymous asked: It's probably a bit (read: very) out of the way for you guys, but have you ever considered touring Australia again in the future? Or do the logistics and cost involved with touring very far outside of the traditional US/Europe route render this improbable?
    Actually, Australia was our first overseas tour, and we had a great time. Its been a long time since then, admittedly; and plane tickets are more expensive now, but wed still like to come back if we can make it work.
    From Rosetta's Q&A on their site.

I dearly hope they come to Australia again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

39. Post #239
    in 2013 people will no longer be judged by ethnicity but by the anime girl used as their avatar
    March 2007
    7,920 Posts
    http://soundcloud.com/capsadmin

idk if capsadmin has ever posted his stuff in this section of the forums before

but his shit rocks i just found out about it right now

40. Post #240
    May 2011
    3,857 Posts
    I Fucking love Australia but everything is overpriced and we get almost no good bands touring here, and when they do come they like to avoid Perth.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)