September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    I've had to replace my transmission fluid for a thousand miles now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

2. Post #242
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Well, tomorrow a guy is going to bring up an EG sedan on some green Rotas for me to look at.

Supposed to be mostly stock, he's interested in a trade but I have to do cash on top of it if I do. He really likes the CRX so he'll probably try to work a deal with me.

Not my favorite body style but power windows/locks/steering while rated 41mpg highway and still manual... I'm game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #243
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    So many people are telling me not to get a bmw(e46) so i've been looking at a lexus is300 i've heard they have great potential for modding and i've found one that looks pretty interesting. Idk, how they are maintenance wise against bmw. Could someone provide some insight?

It's Japanese, and better yet. Toyota. It's going to be super reliable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

4. Post #244
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    So many people are telling me not to get a bmw(e46) so i've been looking at a lexus is300 i've heard they have great potential for modding and i've found one that looks pretty interesting. Idk, how they are maintenance wise against bmw. Could someone provide some insight?
    is300 is a great car

plus

5. Post #245
    June 2010
    904 Posts
    I JUST PASSED MY DRIVING TEST!!!!!! 1st ATTEMPT AND 1 MINOR!!!!!!!!!!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 18 (list)

6. Post #246
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,593 Posts
    here are my monies shit

- 120 insurance (family thing through Mercury)
    - 30 Disneyland Delux Pass (I go almost 2 times a week, I grew up there, it reminds me of YE GOOD OLD DAYS)
    - 60 phone bill
    - No rent, 18 living with parents
    - 13 gallon gas tank, running EXTREMELY rich because of my carb (still haven't installed my weber), driving back and forth to work is about 30 a week.
    + 450 paycheck every 2 weeks
    - 10 for spotify premium (no iPod)

that's all I remember at the moment.
    Late on these but my monthly expenses take the piss a bit.

+ ~1350 Income
    Loan from years ago when I wrote first car off - 150
    Rent - 200
    Car Insurance - 100
    Fuel - 175
    Phone - 45
    Gym - 30
    Lottery - 20
    Planetside subscription - 10

Total - 730, that's excluding added expenses. Car has been costing me recently with MOT, service, insurance and tax all due on consecutive months.

Have quite an expensive social life too so not really saving as much money as I'd like to at the minute.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Show Events

7. Post #247
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    4,577 Posts
    I have fallen in love with the new 2012 mazda 3 I have recently become owner of. It's fucking nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

8. Post #248
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    You have a 20gbp a month lottery budget?

9. Post #249
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,663 Posts
    fuck yeah, found an insurance company which will allow me to insurance a corrado G60 for only 12500kr that only 3000 more than what i give for my passat...

FUCK YEAH 2012 HERE WE GO!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

10. Post #250
    September 2009
    449 Posts
    Okay, update on waxing the windscreen.

It DOES leave a very smooth, Rain-X like finish, however, after using the wipers a bit, it will rub off the wax, leaving rather unsightly lines. It actually makes the streaks worse when seen at night under a street light.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

11. Post #251
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,163 Posts
    Soo I've come to and end, might save a bit more money and while doing my top swap, also put in 1.9 Ratio Rockers with #90 valve springs. It raises the total expenses of the job to nearly 1700$ though. Maybe a Camshaft instead of 1.9 rockers, seems like it would be better with the high compression block as I've been told. So a VS Camshaft.

Edit: Just realized that with the camshaft, it'll allow me to drop to a much lower pulley soon enough, already going to be Supercharged on a High compression block, with 3.29 gearing, Cammed, Colder Tstat and plugs, all new gaskets, tuned.

Next thing to do will be complete stage 2, with a 3" downpipe & 3.4" pulley. But then I'll need to get a better tranny
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

12. Post #252
    black people
    April 2008
    3,931 Posts
    It's Japanese, and better yet. Toyota. It's going to be super reliable.
    Yeah that's what I heard but the only one I found is an ugly bright yellow so i might just get s chevy cobalt coupe ss
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

13. Post #253
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    Those explode randomly. Looks similar to this:

14. Post #254
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,593 Posts
    You have a 20gbp a month lottery budget?

5 tickets a week and I still never fucking win. Every time I go to cancel it I think "Nah, maybe I'll win next week"...

I cry-wank myself to sleep over it every night.

One day I'll win, one day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

15. Post #255
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    If it helps you any, I'm not able to graduate because of a mishap at my school. They put me in three classes, I needed four.

Fuck it, I'll just get my GED and go be a cop. 35 to 60k isn't bad at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

16. Post #256
    June 2010
    904 Posts
    5 tickets a week and I still never fucking win. Every time I go to cancel it I think "Nah, maybe I'll win next week"...

I cry-wank myself to sleep over it every night.

One day I'll win, one day.
    Don't laugh at me, but you want to try the 49s. You can win serious money 10x easier than our one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

17. Post #257
    Audio Enthusiast
    June 2006
    2,793 Posts
    I REALLY should change the oil in my diesel picasso. It was last done when I bought it.... 11k miles ago. I've been a terrible owner (Not really, I check fluids, pressures, tread and bulbs pretty much every week) . Oil looks and feels fine from the dipstick though and the engine sounds sweet as a nut, but obviously way past due.

I need to find out what was put in it last, too.

Our van ran with near to no oil for a few months, The oil warning lamp was faulty. Cylinders are probably oval shaped now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

18. Post #258
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,593 Posts
    Don't laugh at me, but you want to try the 49s. You can win serious money 10x easier than our one.
    Not laughing at all, seems to be a good idea. I've recently taken up accumulator bets on the football, that's easy money. Won 145 for 3 down this weekend on the FA after correctly predicting 7 games.

I'm not a gambling addict, I promise
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

19. Post #259
    black people
    April 2008
    3,931 Posts
    Those explode randomly. Looks similar to this:

They do? I can't find much info about them exploding on google. I think the only one I saw was saying if you mod it past 280 torque or something.

20. Post #260
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    dont get a slowbalt

Join the glorious 1998/99 3100 v6 powered GM rally fwd rally car race with me and super noodle
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #261
    Glod Menber
    June 2008
    4,502 Posts
    I am looking for a car for my brother (and soon me) to learn to drive in, and I found this for about $3k

It's a Volvo 945 Classic from -98 with rust free exhaust, really nice half-leather interior, white turning signals, m90 tranny (manual) etc.

6 owners, tow ball, 134 hp

What do you think?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

22. Post #262
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,163 Posts

23. Post #263
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    They do? I can't find much info about them exploding on google. I think the only one I saw was saying if you mod it past 280 torque or something.
    It was a joke, I had that picture open in another tab and decided to post it creatively.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #264
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    Thin oil making lifters clack?

25. Post #265
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,163 Posts
    That's what I've been told as of now.
    A few seconds before the video, before we drop wd40 on the A/C pulley that unused A/C made a funky pulley squeak.

But now the noise's gone. I really hated starting my car today.

Copy paste of a post on the gpf I did
    So, today when starting my car, after three days of not using it, where the temps have been between -15C and -25C.

Strange noise was being made by the engines, this lasted for several minutes before going silent again, to the normal operating noise.

At first, there was a squeaky A/C pulley making noise and this, then we threw some oil on the A/C pulley, it was good after, by the noise, remained : This one Strange 3800 N/A noise. - YouTube

It's not really the first time it does it, but it's the first time I notice it that it last like this. And this is also the first time where I start it up, go out and begin cleaning the snow out of it, and then bam, the engine dies, start it up, bam dies again, then start it up, rev it a bit, keep it at 2000 rpm, call it good, go out, wait a few secs, it dies. We kept it reved a few minutes, heavy black smoke was coming out of the mufflers for a few seconds. Then after a bunch of work, it seemed to be good, only leaving this noise. I hooked my scanner and saw the Mass air flow sensor code, I sadly didn't keep it in note, and erased it to see if it would re-appear. It was the code about MAF not being responsive for 2 seconds or more.

I got myself some fuel-line anti-freeze. Trying it out. And also, the car starts good now and doesn't make the sound very much audible like that. It also drives just like it normally does, no overheat, no bad thing, no SES light.

26. Post #266
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    Shit yeah.
    In 10 days my friend gets his license and then we slowly destroy his 93 convertible v6 mustang.

Also plan on driving around in blizzard conditions not giving any fucks with the top down

27. Post #267
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,163 Posts
    Shit yeah.
    In 10 days my friend gets his license and then we slowly destroy his 93 convertible v6 mustang.

Also plan on driving around in blizzard conditions not giving any fucks with the top down
    Ah we wanted to do that with the 99 sunfire convertible my dad had, but then it was totalled in our own driveway by a drunk driver who somewhat jumped over the curb, made the car fly for 10 feet, do a 180" turn, miss my car by 1 foot, damage the front yard, and yeah. I remember my dad calling me like "You nearly lost your car." and I was like "What?" and the he was like "Yeah, my car got totaled in the driveway, it's now facing the front door." At least he got 3500$ from the insurance

At least now he has a BMW 540i
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #268
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    oh dear god

driving a convertible in Canada tier blizzard

normal winter day there is a blizzard here ;_;

29. Post #269
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,163 Posts
    The last blizzard I was in, was on the highway, can't see shit and the car wants to follow the heavy wind

30. Post #270
    November 2008
    2,005 Posts
    Last year was absolute shit but currently we have been having the best weather since as long as I can remember. This is near Edmonton, Alberta and its been +5-+11 for 2 months with a couple shit days.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

31. Post #271
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,163 Posts
    Hah got some prices..
    500$ + Bus shipping for the Hard parts, (Soon to get that)
    800$ For all gaskets, bolts, camshaft, ls6 springs #90, with retainers, s/c oil, 6 x al104 plugs
    250$ for the tune
    60$ of coolant and oil and filter
    200$ to rent the garage and get help from my mechanic guy.

Not so bad.

32. Post #272
    I HAVE A ROTARY BECAUSE ITS GODDAMN AWESOME!
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    Got my rear camber adjustment bar in the mail today...Now just gotta find some time to attempt an install. Anyone deal with shit like this before?

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

33. Post #273
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,584 Posts
    I am looking for a car for my brother (and soon me) to learn to drive in, and I found this for about $3k

It's a Volvo 945 Classic from -98 with rust free exhaust, really nice half-leather interior, white turning signals, m90 tranny (manual) etc.

6 owners, tow ball, 134 hp

What do you think?
    If it's like my volvo 240, it will never ever die on you.

Also turbo that bitch

34. Post #274
    Can i have a tital Dav0r?
    August 2005
    1,891 Posts
    I pretty much just graduated my high school, and will hopefully get around $100 to $250. I am probably going to buy a new k&n air filter for my 7th gen honda civic (I'm not decided if i want to get a filter for the stock box, or if i want try and blow $200-$300 on a cold air intake,) and change the oil and filter with better quality counterparts. What are other cool things i could do for my car with small (like $100) amounts of money. Things i might be over looking. I kind of want to keep this car stock, or at least no tacky upgrades.

35. Post #275
    Glod Menber
    June 2008
    4,502 Posts
    If it's like my volvo 240, it will never ever die on you.

Also turbo that bitch
    My dad had a -95 one, it was great

Only thing that went wrong was the right headlight wiper motor which we had to change 4 times

Also, it already has a turbo, but it's low pressure so it will probably be changed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

36. Post #276
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    9,259 Posts
    do electric cars use oil?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

37. Post #277
    Audio Enthusiast
    June 2006
    2,793 Posts
    I'm guessing just the oil for the gearbox and small amounts for bearings and such?

From the Nissan leaf manual:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

38. Post #278
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,163 Posts
    I pretty much just graduated my high school, and will hopefully get around $100 to $250. I am probably going to buy a new k&n air filter for my 7th gen honda civic (I'm not decided if i want to get a filter for the stock box, or if i want try and blow $200-$300 on a cold air intake,) and change the oil and filter with better quality counterparts. What are other cool things i could do for my car with small (like $100) amounts of money. Things i might be over looking. I kind of want to keep this car stock, or at least no tacky upgrades.
    2-300$ for a cold air intake ? Waste of money. Make your own, way less expensive, gives the same results. And unless you do a FWI, you won't see much differences between "Cold air" and "Hot air". And for example, on dyno, a "HAI", the results are better performance than a CAI.

Will probably cost you 40-50$ to make if you use a off-brand cone filter, or 70-90$ if you use a K&N cone.

And for god's sake, do not even think about buying a fart cannon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #279
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,596 Posts

if you get a fart cannon exhaust on your civic you will be just like anyone else.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #280
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,097 Posts
    http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/2691284229.html

$2000, 350, posi traction, auto, power windows, locks and a in dash DVD player

I all ready talked to him. Learned that it's got a few dings and dents but it's minor, it's got a LOT of new parts with recipts, engine partially rebuilt and other shit. Apparently the interiors kinda shitty but I'll see pics tomorrow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events