6,054 Posts
    That angry fish needs all its limbs on the ground
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #1043
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    4,403 Posts
    Saw this on Deviantart:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

4. Post #1044
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    Saw this on Deviantart:

Dem speed bumps
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

5. Post #1045
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    Mustang started nice
    Ran nice
    Drove nice
    Had gay ass footwell lights from previous owner nice
    Was in pretty ok shape for what it is, there is one hole in the body i could find (other than the hatch bottom)
    and it has no muffler so it has a pretty nice brap to it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #1046
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    Even with all this new tech cops have, I still managed to escape one tonight by turning all my lights off and pulling into a non-lit road.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

7. Post #1047
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,097 Posts
    I've found the Mustang I want!

That's not it but it looks exactly like that. It's a 2009 GT Premium, 5 speed stick with an all black interior and black and orange go so well together. I called up the dealership which is about an hour south of me, talked to a guy, told him I'm a little bit away and said to just let him know when I'm coming down so he'll have it ready for me to look at.

I'll talk to my parents tomorrow :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

8. Post #1048
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    9,765 Posts
    Sometimes rather than tapping a hole they use high powered drivers and just screw a slightly larger screw into an untapped hole.

They do this on HP Laserjet printers and it's irritating.
    I used to fix HP Laserjet printers at work all the time. Usually with a hammer, or a, uh, Gravity Assist.

All for slightly above minimum wage!

9. Post #1049
    Fight until death, shoot until empty.

November 2009
    15,457 Posts
    Found out two things tonight:
    1 - Driving with O/D off makes my car GREAT for snow.

2 - My car is the funnest shit to do power drifts. So much control.

10. Post #1050
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    When my engine is cold, if i give it gas, it chokes and makes this popping noise that comes from under the hood, and i lose power for a second. What could that noise be? I know it's a result of my trying to drive with a cold engine, but i wanna know what it is.

11. Post #1051
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    obligatory vtec not warmed up post from me

12. Post #1052
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    9,765 Posts
    When my engine is cold, if i give it gas, it chokes and makes this popping noise that comes from under the hood, and i lose power for a second. What could that noise be? I know it's a result of my trying to drive with a cold engine, but i wanna know what it is.
    My engine barely even runs when it's cold. Will not idle.

13. Post #1053
    June 2011
    319 Posts

That's not it but it looks exactly like that. It's a 2009 GT Premium, 5 speed stick with an all black interior and black and orange go so well together. I called up the dealership which is about an hour south of me, talked to a guy, told him I'm a little bit away and said to just let him know when I'm coming down so he'll have it ready for me to look at.

dat nonfunctional hoodscoop
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 3Zing Zing x 1 (list)

14. Post #1054
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,097 Posts
    at least its factory and i bet it wouldn't take much to make it functional

15. Post #1055
    June 2011
    319 Posts
    at least its factory and i bet it wouldn't take much to make it functional
    nah man get a subaru impreza, as that is the best car ever made, you can trust my unbiased opinion
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Funny Funny x 8Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #1056
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,097 Posts
    hmm well thank you user named Impreza, I think I will buy an Impreza now. And make a new account called Mustang

17. Post #1057
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    na bro, you cant angle grind through that hood, shits impossible.

18. Post #1058
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,097 Posts
    yeah I just looked it up as soon as i typed it. i was thinking of the old trans ams where you could just lop of the back and it WOULD be functional, than again, that was the 70s.

oh and i found this and it makes me want to die http://www.cruizinconcepts.com/

19. Post #1059
    Fight until death, shoot until empty.

November 2009
    15,457 Posts
    oh and i found this and it makes me want to die http://www.cruizinconcepts.com/
    Hope you dont have to go over anything.

20. Post #1060
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,710 Posts

BOUT DAMN TIME.
    Hey what part of PA do you live in?

21. Post #1061
    November 2008
    2,006 Posts
    Well I'm FINALLY taking my drivers this week, my mom has been holding me off because she thinks I am not ready, she gave me her scouts honor though, I even took a picture of her hand for future reference.

My damn computer decided to take a shit on me today, I've wanted a new one for quite a while but I also want to buy that Warlock near me, decisions, decisions.

Edited:

Oh, question time. My truck has a 5.5x5 bolt pattern which is really obscure when it comes to aftermarket rims. Im dying to buy a nice set of weld rims for my truck but they don't make it for a 5.5 bolt pattern. My question is what would I have to do to change my truck to a 4.5 bolt pattern, later year dodge 2wd dodges came with a 4.5 bolt pattern so I was think that I could swap themes my truck. What parts would I have to swap, if I were to buy aftermarket parts then how much total would it be?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #1062
    Can i have a tital Dav0r?
    August 2005
    1,891 Posts
    I want so badly to see out of my back window. The tint has bubbled (before i got it) and is purple anyways. I'm thinking about buying a steamer and removing it today, and possibly changing my transmission fluid. I got $75 for selling my old pc stuff.

23. Post #1063
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,648 Posts
    Went to the Washington DC auto show yesterday. Sat in the Abarth 500. Holy shit I want it right now. They didn't have that many good cars, but of the ones I sat in that thing felt so perfect.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #1064
    Can i have a tital Dav0r?
    August 2005
    1,891 Posts
    -snip-

25. Post #1065
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    4,125 Posts
    Even with all this new tech cops have, I still managed to escape one tonight by turning all my lights off and pulling into a non-lit road.
    I'm amazed they wouldn't bother to just write down your license plate before you when hiding.

I hope you are actually going to stick to buying and not just go looking for another car again like you have done 8 or 10 times already.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

26. Post #1066
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,097 Posts
    Well you know me! There's been other cars I haven't showed you guys before either
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

27. Post #1067
    I HAVE A ROTARY BECAUSE ITS GODDAMN AWESOME!
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    Copied from DIY:

Just finished tearing it apart:

Dad is taking the parts to work tomorrow to clean them up and then we can see what kind of damages we're dealing with, if any.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #1068
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Those are some funky shaped pistons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 3Useful Useful x 1 (list)

29. Post #1069
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,585 Posts
    Copied from DIY:

Just finished tearing it apart:

Dad is taking the parts to work tomorrow to clean them up and then we can see what kind of damages we're dealing with, if any.
    What did the 13B's come out of, FC or FD?
    also you should turbo one of them.

30. Post #1070
    December 2009
    654 Posts
    I cant even rotary.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #1071
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    Both, if i recall correctly, the 13b-DEI came in the FC and the 13b-REW came in the FD.

My problem is identifying what it came out of and whether or not it's Fuel Injected, which I'm hoping i can do soon as we clean it up.

Edited:

And i definitely do want to turbo one of them at some point :D

32. Post #1072
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Those are both 13B-RESI/EGIs from FBs or plain 13Bs from FCs. The FD had the 13B-REW.

Edited:

Both, if i recall correctly, the 13b-DEI came in the FC and the 13b-REW came in the FD.

My problem is identifying what it came out of and whether or not it's Fuel Injected, which I'm hoping i can do soon as we clean it up.

Edited:

I don't think either of those are a 13B-REW, bro.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

33. Post #1073
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,585 Posts

Edited:

I knew that already, I meant which car specifically did your engines come from, sorry.

But alright, good luck with the turbo build.

34. Post #1074
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,596 Posts
    MAGIC TRIANGLES!!!!!!!!!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

35. Post #1075
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    728 Posts
    Hey what part of PA do you live in?
    in york, like 10 minutes away from maryland line
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

36. Post #1076
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    I knew that already, I meant which car specifically did your engines come from, sorry.

But alright, good luck with the turbo build.
    That i don't know, sorry bradley; misread his post. I'll try and find out after i get everything nice n clean, maybe i can find some kind of serial number. The guy told me they both came out of FC's, one S4 and one S5, but you can't exactly live off of what other people tell you so I'd rather find out myself before i start trying to rebuild them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

37. Post #1077
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    That i don't know, sorry bradley; misread his post. I'll try and find out after i get everything nice n clean, maybe i can find some kind of serial number. The guy told me they both came out of FC's, one S4 and one S5, but you can't exactly live off of what other people tell you so I'd rather find out myself before i start trying to rebuild them.
    They're both out of FCs, I'm certain. Have you pulled them both apart? If the rotors, housings and ports are identical I'd say you've got two plain old EFI 13Bs on your hands. Not that it's bad, those are NEARLY identical to 13B-REW engines, the main difference is in rotors (if you clean those up you'll notice a semi-rough cast appearance, where the 13B-REW had a milled finish, you can interchance the rotors between those engines so this is no big deal), the shaft which is slightly different, oil pump (or whatever fancy name they gave the oil pump in those), and ports. The rest was dependant on manifold choice, with the 13B-REW having a couple of snails and better injectors.

So basically, clean up, use all new seals, bolt on big turbo and pick up two 550cc and two 850cc injectors and you'll have a rough equivalent to the 13B-REW. With slightly more turbo lag unless you run a twin setup, but that's a pain. A good T3 is all you need. I reccomend going to a pull-a-part and finding a 12v cummins turbodiesel, snagging the Holset HX35 off of it. Great turbo.

And a T3 manifold shouldn't be hard to find or fab.

38. Post #1078
    Facepunch Babysitter
    July 2009
    12,307 Posts
    Possibly buying an MR2 Turbo 91' tomorrow, but the engine is blown. Looking to grab the rolling chassis for about 1k, then drop about 1,500 for a new engine and turbo. Which leaves me below my actual budget, so I can get some decent upgrades on top of it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #1079
    May 2009
    2,774 Posts
    I guess you feel like the guy in your avatar now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

40. Post #1080
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,596 Posts
    Possibly buying an MR2 Turbo 91' tomorrow, but the engine is blown. Looking to grab the rolling chassis for about 1k, then drop about 1,500 for a new engine and turbo. Which leaves me below my actual budget, so I can get some decent upgrades on top of it.
    oh boy those are weird to drive
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Informative Informative x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)