1. Post #1161
    Audio Enthusiast
    June 2006
    2,779 Posts
    Yeah, that's pretty normal.

Rather that than people breaking into my car to nick the radio.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #1162
    Can i have a tital Dav0r?
    August 2005
    1,887 Posts
    I don't know why someone would steal a stock radio, but i guess i don't know what motivates thieves.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #1163
    Dip
    June 2009
    1,042 Posts
    I know someone that had their car broken into for an out of date Kit Kat chocolate bar.
    Her next stop was to return said Kit Kat bar...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

4. Post #1164
    IT WAS ONLY $1 SO WHY NOT BUY A TITLE?
    March 2007
    3,102 Posts
    My car was broken into for a container of oil on the seat. They then proceeded to steal my ash-tray (It had some pennies in it) by ripping it out. They then threw my shit all over the car (But left it all) and left a full roll of toilet paper on the seat, unused but looked like they found it on the ground (It had been raining out). They also nicked my GPS but that was hidden in the glovebox.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

5. Post #1165
    August 2005
    1,887 Posts
    I think i am going to take my rc car out of the passenger floor board now

6. Post #1166
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Alright, fuck it. I'm not even going to try and get this 510. No way I can get cash raked up quick enough.

So time to use what money I have/am getting to boost the fuck out of my egg.

Edited:

Truck sitting in the shop, 12v cummins, Holset HX35 on it. Hnnnnnnnnngh.

When I get spare cash I'm going to hunt for one at the pull-a-part, $78 if I can find one. I'll snag one if I can.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

7. Post #1167
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,558 Posts
    Found out I had 1,000 dollar less than I thought I had, fuck college books >:(

Now I gotta borrow money from my grandpa to put in a different engine and trans.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

8. Post #1168
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    Got my work tent today
    should be erected by friday
    then work shall begin

9. Post #1169
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,681 Posts
    Got my work tent today
    then work shall begin
    wat

10. Post #1170
    Fight until death, shoot until empty.

November 2009
    15,271 Posts
    a tent so that he can work outside(?) in the weather

11. Post #1171
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,709 Posts
    Got my work tent today
    then work shall begin
    Are you moving out?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

12. Post #1172
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    2,140 Posts
    Got my car booked in at OC motorsport tomorrow for a full service and a valve clearance check, then im going to Armourfend afterward to see what can be done about Stonechip-gate. I suspect it will be a take-off-the-old-protection get chip sorted then apply new protection at a "reduced price" jobby.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

13. Post #1173
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,681 Posts
    a tent so that he can work outside(?) in the weather
    oh me means like a big tent to fit his truck under i thought he meant like a camping tent
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

14. Post #1174

November 2009
    15,271 Posts

Meanwhile in Minnesota, its HOT out

15. Post #1175
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts

fuck im jelly of your vic for some reason

looks classy inside

Twas 60 here in jersey today

16. Post #1176
    black people
    April 2008
    3,918 Posts
    fuck im jelly of your vic for some reason

looks classy inside

Twas 60 here in jersey today
    Yeah sunroof up windows cracked up here in midnj. It's going to be warmer tomorrow too and that's when I get my new headlights and grill so hopefully it comes early so i can put it on cause I think it's gonna rain thursday.

17. Post #1177
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,277 Posts
    Just catched a cold. -4 to -7 here, and being outside fixing with my car wasn't such a good idea after all
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #1178
    August 2005
    1,887 Posts
    Why is this so cheap? http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAINLESS-RA...ht_4154wt_1396

I want to get a new exhaust manifold/header (i could never figure out what the difference was), but i don't want to get a piece of shit. I'm not in the position to buy it right now anyways, i'm just trying to get opinions and stuff.

I also wonder if it would make my CEL come on, because i assume it does away with the catalytic converter. It appears that it wouldn't, because it has slots for the sensors, but it doesn't really specify in the description.

19. Post #1179
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,066 Posts

Don't you dare talk about how hot it is in Minnesota

I don't even. Come to Florida
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #1180
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    It's been feeling pretty good recently in Lake County. Windy in the low 60's.

21. Post #1181
    I HAVE A ROTARY BECAUSE ITS GODDAMN AWESOME!
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    H-

Hey-

Hey g-

He-

Hey guys...

I-

I think-

I think something isn't right here

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 8Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #1182
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,558 Posts
    It's been feeling pretty good recently in Lake County. Windy in the low 60's.
    Here it's in the 70's.

I haven't even really had to put on a jacket but like once this year.

23. Post #1183
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,066 Posts
    Average day here is around 86. Fuck you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #1184
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,638 Posts
    justin what the fuck why is your car smoking

bad habit to start dont let it continue

edit got into the 60s today rolling with the windows down hell yea
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

25. Post #1185
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    Radiator problems, already got the part ordered to fix it with 2nd day air, should be here, if everything goes according to plan, on friday.

Edited:

I actually just looked and it's STILL steaming/smoking. After what, 3 hours or so since i shut it off. Oh well, i got a full like...4 quart, or whatever they are, jug of coolant so i can top it off every morning before i head off to work.

I was filling up at a gas station tonight and had just shut it off after driving 20 or so miles home, so it was smoking pretty much that bad if not worse, and some queer hipster or whatever pulls up in a red convertible mustang and is all

"BRO, YOUR CAR IS SMOKING!"

I'm like "YEAH NO SHIT"

and he just kinda drives away...I'm like, you think I'm so stupid i can't see the smoke gushing out of the same place I'm currently fucking STARING AT?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #1186
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,556 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Late Late x 4Funny Funny x 2 (list)

27. Post #1187
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    4,327 Posts
    0:11 and 1:03

hnnnnngh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

28. Post #1188
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,638 Posts
    Radiator problems, already got the part ordered to fix it with 2nd day air, should be here, if everything goes according to plan, on friday.

Edited:

I actually just looked and it's STILL steaming/smoking. After what, 3 hours or so since i shut it off. Oh well, i got a full like...4 quart, or whatever they are, jug of coolant so i can top it off every morning before i head off to work.

I was filling up at a gas station tonight and had just shut it off after driving 20 or so miles home, so it was smoking pretty much that bad if not worse, and some queer hipster or whatever pulls up in a red convertible mustang and is all

I'm like "YEAH NO SHIT"

and he just kinda drives away...I'm like, you think I'm so stupid i can't see the smoke gushing out of the same place I'm currently fucking STARING AT?
    should've responded with "yeah, it does look pretty nice now doesn't it?"

29. Post #1189
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,558 Posts

Edited:

I'm like "YEAH NO SHIT"

Funny because my moms mazda had a busted rad, so I was driving it down to the repair shop while it was smoking heavily.

I got some looks...

30. Post #1190
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,587 Posts
    how to prevent auto theft -

drive a manual transmission vehicle
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

31. Post #1191
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,638 Posts
    or a station wagon

21 years no theft!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #1192
    July 2011
    1,298 Posts
    H-

Hey-

Hey g-

He-

Hey guys...

I-

I think-

I had something like that happen to me while on the highway
    THERE WAS NO WHERE TO STOP :(
    (I shut the engine as soon as I saw the white smoke and coasted to the nearest bit of sideroad I could find).

Turned out to be a busted coolant hose splashing it over the exhaust manifold and causing a real mess
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

33. Post #1193
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Why is this so cheap? http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAINLESS-RA...ht_4154wt_1396

I want to get a new exhaust manifold/header (i could never figure out what the difference was), but i don't want to get a piece of shit. I'm not in the position to buy it right now anyways, i'm just trying to get opinions and stuff.

I also wonder if it would make my CEL come on, because i assume it does away with the catalytic converter. It appears that it wouldn't, because it has slots for the sensors, but it doesn't really specify in the description.
    It's cheap because ebay header.

Also, if your catalytic converter is built into the exhaust manifold this WILL eliminate it but not your o2 sensors. It may throw a CEL because of that.

ebay headers are alright, I'd run one on my car. They're not the best but they aren't garbage either. Worth the money.

34. Post #1194

November 2009
    15,271 Posts
    Don't you dare talk about how hot it is in Minnesota

I don't even. Come to Florida
    50 Degrees in February is damn hot for winter in Minnesota. If I was in Florida, I would expect 60+ All year round

35. Post #1195
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    I had something like that happen to me while on the highway
    THERE WAS NO WHERE TO STOP :(
    (I shut the engine as soon as I saw the white smoke and coasted to the nearest bit of sideroad I could find).

Turned out to be a busted coolant hose splashing it over the exhaust manifold and causing a real mess
    I had a coolant hose bust one me once too.

And then one time, me and Jap were in the ol' gold hatchback and the thing busted the fucking radiator top tank sitting at a stoplight because of excess water system pressure. It was a loud BANG! and it dumped all the coolant in the road.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #1196
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    Sorta like what mine is doing, only it has to do with the radiator cap. Only reason i hadn't bought it is because the small little part i need is over $60...But as you can see, it's gotten to the point where i NEED it (It just barely started doing this today like i said). Nothing harmful in the slightest (other than to my wallet), it's just spraying coolant all over my exhaust and whatnot.

37. Post #1197
    IT WAS ONLY $1 SO WHY NOT BUY A TITLE?
    March 2007
    3,102 Posts
    So I'm gonna skip the Silvia-badge 240SX. The guy let me know that the reason he's selling the car is because he's in debt to the insurance companies and he's got a DUI. That coupled with the fact that he recently painted the car and had it re-carpeted leads me to believe it was previously beat to shit. Also, the Silvia badges look new so either

A: He's very unfucking lucky and JUST got in debt as he finished a lot of work on the car
    B: Fucked up the car so decided to shine it up to sell
    C: Drifted it to shit and then decided to shine it up to sell (Similar to above)

I got a buddy with a clean 240SX with same KM but stock and he's willing to sell for $2500 and that price is negotiable also. Much more within my price range and I can always put money into the car later.

Also, I owe you guys a big heart for trying to convince me to get a manual vehicle. I didn't listen and got an automatic truck. Then I tried driving manual.
    I'm sorry I didn't listen. <3 Can you forgive me?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

38. Post #1198
    I paid $999.99 for a forum upgrade and all I got was a beating from my mother :(
    February 2005
    17,002 Posts
    My Camaro is going to be at the shop until next Tuesday. What a shame.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

39. Post #1199
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    Finally filled my car with AT fluid today. Now I just gotta get a new o2 sensor, my gas mileage is going to be pretty shit if I don't

40. Post #1200
    Dennab
    December 2009
    1,739 Posts
    H-

Hey-

Hey g-

He-

Hey guys...

I-

I think-

Silly rx7, you're not a Fiero, stop setting yourself on fire.