1. Post #681
    IT WAS ONLY $1 SO WHY NOT BUY A TITLE?
    March 2007
    3,102 Posts
    Well I've got a friend who has this GMC Sonoma, same things if I recall, that has the 4 cyl 2200 Vortec engine, and it drinks up gas pretty badly for a 4cyl.

And am I the only one who dislike 4cyl engines?
    Haha, that's the same engine I have. The GMC Sonoma is the same as the S-10, and is also referred to as the S-15. My truck has the Sonoma badge on the back.

So... your friend is basically driving same truck as mine with a different badge. Ugh.

My truck is tiny and my friend's V8 Celsior (Import LS400) gets better mileage... wtf. No wonder people call trucks gas guzzlers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

2. Post #682
    November 2008
    1,988 Posts
    Sitting in my garage having a look over of my truck, just before I head inside I fire it up after about a week and rev it, for a all stock 318 with a magnaflow exhaust the whole truck kind of rolls/shakes quite a bit from all the power, I love it. You would think after 225 thou kms that the truck would be tired but it has plenty of life, nice to know that one of the past owners took good care of it. I assume I have about 255 hp and 300 tourqe, as stock is 230 hp and 280 tourqe but the exhaust system that it came with stock was very restrictive. Wonder how well the engine would do with a new air cleaner.

Hmm, let's get a bit or discussion going, post your HP and tourqe and the current mods I guess.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

3. Post #683
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    My altima is pretty low, speed bumps and dips are my nemeses (nemesi?)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #684
    Dip
    June 2009
    1,042 Posts
    Is that possible even if I am the only one in the household that actually owns a car?
    Ohh, is your car the only car in the household? I don't think you can do it then :/ But not 100% on that one, might be able to get another car & person on...

Edited:

Could you possibly show me that too please?
    Yes, yes happily. Private message me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

5. Post #685
    May 2007
    322 Posts
    Got my driving test on Tuesday. Have to freakin' pass this time, just embarrassing if I fail for the second time. It's not that I'm a bad driver, in fact, I consider myself to be a good driver, it's just the test process that bothers me. One little mistake and it's a straight fail. Damn you DSA.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

6. Post #686
    Audio Enthusiast
    June 2006
    2,792 Posts
    Don't worry about it, One of my friends who has been around cars since his early teens (His father is a complete car nut) failed 5 times.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #687
    Dip
    June 2009
    1,042 Posts
    Got my driving test on Tuesday. Have to freakin' pass this time, just embarrassing if I fail for the second time. It's not that I'm a bad driver, in fact, I consider myself to be a good driver, it's just the test process that bothers me. One little mistake and it's a straight fail. Damn you DSA.
    It may sound a little clinical to say, but just think, should you gain a major in your test, there's a good chance that you'd of done that driving in your own car, of which there could be a minor scrape with another car. Bam. Claim on insurance, and it doubles.

I'd rather fail another test, than have that minor scrape and be forced to sell your car because your insurance has doubled. :)

Good luck though!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #688
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    Today i discovered how to finally use the little gadget under my dash that sets the stall speed for my torque converter. Skidmarks. Skidmarks everywhere (from the high stall speed). And Setting it to a low stall speed gave me ridiculous torque when moving. Shit's fun. But i can't seem to find a happy medium. It's either too high and i can't take off under 2500 rpm, or too low and stalls when i stop.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

9. Post #689
    Can i have a tital Dav0r?
    August 2005
    1,891 Posts
    I lost control of my car again today, except on dry roads in a neighborhood. At 70mph. I don't expect sympathy from any of you, because it was downright stupid to be going that fast in a neighborhood. The roads in oklahoma, i don't know about other places, are really choppy and bad. In a nut shell, i was taking a sweeping right bend, the back stepped out at 70mph(i lifted -_-, golden rule for oversteer.) So since it stepped out, i over corrected left(on accident, i've never lost a car going this fast), when i did that i was sent flying straight at a mailbox so i over corrected to the right(accident). At this point, the balance of my car was so upset that it was pretty much impossible for me to straighten out and it caused me to spin clockwise, and i ended up facing the opposite direction parked next to the curb like i did it on purpose. I pulled my parking brake and got out of my car because fuck that shit, i was so shaken.

So basically, i will never ever go that fast in a neighborhood again, and i feel like the luckiest person alive. I thought i was going to total my car, and maybe die/fuck my shit up/fuck someone else's property up.

I've learned my lesson

p.s.

This isn't something i would even normally do, i was driving angry because i found out i didn't graduate, and will have to pay money to retake the test which i am just going to fail again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6 (list)

10. Post #690
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    977 Posts
    Sounds like something I'd do. How's the car?

As far as
    Hmm, let's get a bit or discussion going, post your HP and tourqe and the current mods I guess.
    97 328is, 220 HP 240 ft/lb force. Freed up the intakes and threw in a CAI with the S50 Manifold, really helps it breath better, I was surprised. Lowered an inch on Bilstein shocks, oh god goes like go kart. Dunno what the gearing is like, but it's pretty nimble.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #691
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,710 Posts
    I never will take out my anger on my car cause I know if I end up fucking it up I'm just gonna be more pissed off in the end. Instead go out in the woods with a baseball bat and start beating the shit out of everything. Might help.....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #692
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    FUCK YOU SCHOOL, I WAS AT SCHOOL ALL DAY ALL FUCKING WEEK, WHY THE FUCK DO YOU SAY I'M ABSENT. WHY DO I GET PUNISHED BECAUSE YOU CAN'T GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER.
    I lost my fucking license because apparently my parents will NOT take my side about anything, ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #693
    Can i have a tital Dav0r?
    August 2005
    1,891 Posts
    I wasn't taking my anger out ON my car, driving is just a stress reliever for me. I wasn't speed shifting bouncing off the rev limiter or anything, i was just going faster than i should. I thought i was within my limits.

The car is just as well as it was before the incident. I ended up not hitting a single thing, somehow. I would like to brag and say 'car control lolol i knew what i was doing' but i really just got lucky. I had car control to a degree, but honestly it was just spinning and i was doing everything in my power to not hit that brick mailbox.

14. Post #694
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,159 Posts
    Agree with the stress reliever part, for me driving is the best way to relax and to get rid of all that accumulated stress and stop being depressed. But with winter and stuff, driving ain't the best.

I'm like, having nothing to get rid of stress and stuff it's killing me. Winter really isn't my season, it makes me feel all depressed and bad.

And, watch out on speeding, I'm no slow poke, but whenever you feel like you're going a lil too fast, you probably are.

15. Post #695
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,643 Posts
    There's a layer of about 1 cm of snow covering the roads right now, driving home from the movie theater was so much fun. However, everyone else was driving ~30 under the speed limit (so they were driving backwards 5 mph in my neighborhood).

It's like my station wagon's birthday party and everyone else decides to crash it. :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

16. Post #696
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,159 Posts
    How the hell are people driving 30 under the limit when there's 1cm of snow? Guess you guys are on four seasons or summer tire, or something. Well even though people even here can be stupid in snow. But I still don't get it, brake earlier, bigger distance between your car and the car in front, plan ahead what other will probably do, and you'll be fine. Then the next thing is : Know your car reactions in snow. Then you can go 10 above like you would in the summer.

Surprisingly, my FWD Grand pricks handles perfectly in snow.

17. Post #697
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,643 Posts
    Forbes posted:
    According to a recent report issued by Allstate Insurance Co., Washington, D.C. can lay claim to having the worst – or at least the most accident-prone – drivers among the 200 largest cities in the U.S.

I live about 25 miles from DC so that's why. People here can't drive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #698
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,159 Posts
    Then I advise you to be careful.

19. Post #699
    I HAVE A ROTARY BECAUSE ITS GODDAMN AWESOME!
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    So apparently I'm going to a huge rotary meet sunday with like 15 other people/cars. Wasn't too sure about going at first because i don't know any of them but like one or two, but randomly decided to go out on a limb at the last minute. I'll try and take pictures, hopefully not looking like too much of a snob.

20. Post #700
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    YUS
    TIS SNOWING

21. Post #701
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,687 Posts
    YUS
    TIS SNOWING
    IT'S SNOWING IN DELAWARE TOO

22. Post #702
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    and then it poured rain all morning and there is no more snow

Edited:

HOW DO YOU NINJA ME THE SECOND I WAKE UP
    HOW

Edited:

So crv bro thought my truck's v8 had less power than his I4 in his crv since it "took so long to start"

But hes convinced now since i did a pretty weak 2nd gear launch in dirt
    THAT THING LIKE DESTROYED THE GRASS

holy shit guys rwd in grass must me super racan v8

23. Post #703
    May 2009
    2,769 Posts
    YES YES
    FUCKING HELL YES!
    I'm Getting 2 new headlights, 2 (used but in good condition) bumpers and a continius centre console for 200 €!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLLY BALLS ALL MY DREAMS COME TRUE
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #704
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2005
    2,146 Posts
    Man, i terribly want to add this to my corrola 98, would look much better.
    http://www.bodykits.com/Extreme-Dime...111048/614978/
    I may probably buy it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Funny Funny x 2 (list)

25. Post #705
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    I may probably buy it.
    Ugh. Why? That's rhetorical -- there is no logical reason to put that on your car. It isn't "cool", it is stupid, and you WILL get laughed at. Maybe not to your face, but it will happen.

A thousand times, no.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #706
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,159 Posts
    I may probably buy it.
    Unless you want to feed China with all that rice, don't do it.

I agree with Bradley, if I saw a corolla, saw worse than that already, I'd laugh my ass off.

27. Post #707
    black people
    April 2008
    3,928 Posts
    I may probably buy it.
    but it's a corrola.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #708
    Fight until death, shoot until empty.

November 2009
    15,406 Posts
    Whats funny about that is that my Vic will bottom out on it no matter how slow or fast you go. Good thing they have metal struts that go across my underside protecting everything

29. Post #709
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    I want a Vic. They have surprisingly powerful radios for a car that's normally a taxi or squad car.

A manual swap would be fun as shit, I was watching youtube videos of one a while ago.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #710
    Audio Enthusiast
    June 2006
    2,792 Posts

I can't stop laughing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

31. Post #711
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    You kidding me? That car's a beast. I bet he's rolling in the pussy with that kit.

He's probably tired of all the pussy

He's had enough of that muff

He's tamed those dames
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #712

November 2009
    15,406 Posts
    I want a Vic. They have surprisingly powerful radios for a car that's normally a taxi or squad car.

A manual swap would be fun as shit, I was watching youtube videos of one a while ago.
    Mine is an 88'. The entire wiring system has the power of a modern calculator.

33. Post #713
    May 2009
    2,769 Posts
    I went down and made pics of my headlights, just so you guys understand why i want new headlights...
    This always happen, i think theres a leak somewhere that i cant find .. so im getting new ones

Meh .. looking at my car like that makes me sad :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #714

November 2009
    15,406 Posts
    --
    For a real question.

In my city vehicle, the steering-wheel shakes. Its only the steering-wheel not the car. This only started happening recently and it occurs at all speeds. The only thing that could raise a flag for me, is that someone hit a curb in a turn about 2 months ago. The shaking only started now. Any Ideas? (There was no physical damage)

35. Post #715
    May 2009
    2,769 Posts
    If the brakediscs or the rims are not flat anymore like a straight line then your steering wheel shakes.. (even .1% lets it shake)
    You could also let a axle alignment do at your car
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

36. Post #716
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    Wonder why the heat isn't working

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

37. Post #717
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    It hurts to see people's windows/tops open when it's snowing/raining
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #718

November 2009
    15,406 Posts
    If the brakediscs or the rims are not flat anymore like a straight line then your steering wheel shakes.. (even .1% lets it shake)
    You could also let a axle alignment do at your car
    The rotors are bent due to it being a police-car before it was my city vehicle. It must be the rims.

39. Post #719
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    Speaking of noises and shit with steering parts. Our Lancer has been doing this for a while, while on a rough road it makes metal clinking noises. The noises sound like they're originating from the steering column. It doesn't feel any different from before, no play or anything.

It's like this, but more of a metallic sound than a plastic one.

40. Post #720
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,687 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)