1. Post #721
    Fight until death, shoot until empty.

November 2009
    15,406 Posts
    This is how you learn to drive in Minnesota.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #722
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2005
    2,146 Posts
    Ugh. Why? That's rhetorical -- there is no logical reason to put that on your car. It isn't "cool", it is stupid, and you WILL get laughed at. Maybe not to your face, but it will happen.

A thousand times, no.
    Nah everyone does it on my area.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

3. Post #723
    Audio Enthusiast
    June 2006
    2,792 Posts
    Oh dear.

My brother's friend has put a 2.0L Redtop engine in his Corsa. He is 18. Not only is he too young and stupid to handle a vehicle of that power to weight ratio but I can tell he is going to kill someone with it. The modification, from what I have been told, has been done very poorly in such a way that the power steering system has been modified beyond all recognition.

I've told my brother that I will be telling this guy's insurance company. I am pretty certain that they think it's just a standard corsa because no company with a shred of sense would let him on the road with that death trap. At least my brother has the sense not to get in it.

No wonder we pay through the nose for insurance, fucking idiots. Heh, maybe I can get a reduction on my insurance for the tip off.

His next project? Camber.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #724
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,159 Posts
    Nah everyone does it on my area.
    You mean ricers and douchebags of your area does, normal people find it very stupid and laugh at them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #725
    October 2008
    2,638 Posts
    Anyone know an alternative to craigslist for selling vehicles/other things?
    I haven't liked CL for a while, but today one of my ads got flagged and I'm unsure exactly why.
    I asked on the forum thing and a bunch of people started arguing with me.
    They said something about since it doesn't run, it should be in auto parts rather than cars/trucks, despite how I'm selling the whole vehicle along with the title.
    They also said I can't have links to a photobucket gallery in it, which seems odd because as of now I have ~12 ads running with links to photobucket galleries in them, and have had dozens of others and this is the only one that has ever been flagged.
    I reposted the ad before asking on the forum. When I clicked the ? by the thing that said it was flagged, it brought me to a page with all the top reasons posts get flagged and mine didn't fit in any of it

6. Post #726
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,643 Posts
    Oh dear.

My brother's friend has put a 2.0L Redtop engine in his Corsa. He is 18. Not only is he too young and stupid to handle a vehicle of that power to weight ratio but I can tell he is going to kill someone with it. The modification, from what I have been told, has been done very poorly in such a way that the power steering system has been modified beyond all recognition.

I've told my brother that I will be telling this guy's insurance company. I am pretty certain that they think it's just a standard corsa because no company with a shred of sense would let him on the road with that death trap. At least my brother has the sense not to get in it.

No wonder we pay through the nose for insurance, fucking idiots. Heh, maybe I can get a reduction on my insurance for the tip off.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #727
    Audio Enthusiast
    June 2006
    2,792 Posts
    There's probably like 2 people on this entire forum who get what I am referring to here: Reminds me of the "Streets of simcity" Airfoil upgrade.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

8. Post #728
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,687 Posts
    This is how you learn to drive in Minnesota.
    i'm terrible at snow drifting though, that's all i was trying to do in that video. it just feels like every bit of gas i give the car swings me around so i'm facing the way i came );

9. Post #729
    Fight until death, shoot until empty.

November 2009
    15,406 Posts
    i'm terrible at snow drifting though, that's all i was trying to do in that video. it just feels like every bit of gas i give the car swings me around so i'm facing the way i came );
    Soon you'll be power drifting around corners

Edited:

also-
    http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/an...811290489.html

worth it?

10. Post #730
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,595 Posts
    My family had a '97 explorer, we called it the exploder because it was unreliable and always had issues. I'd be skeptical

11. Post #731
    June 2011
    319 Posts
    adding to the sliding in the snow videos

boxer rumble and all dat shyeeut
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events

12. Post #732
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    attempted slick road dorifutu, oversteered as fuck, popped into Neutral and managed to not crash, then made attempt #2 with less oversteer

13. Post #733
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,159 Posts
    Sometimes I wonder why the hell my foot has this tendency to floor it when I do something wrong. Maybe it's due to how aggressively I tend to drive.

Cut someone at some stop signs yesterday, couldn't see jack shit in my passenger side window, thought it was my turn, there was nobody when I stopped, so when I engaged, someone was midway, cut them in front, as usual they tend to really stick to you, closely, and then my first reflex was instantly de-activating traction control, and flooring it, all I saw in my back window was dirty sand and snow flying in his windshield, him trying to keep up with me, but failing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #734
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    Whenever I (accidentally) cut somebody off I try to get as far away from them as possible
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

15. Post #735
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,159 Posts
    Yay I'm not alone on that behavior!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #736
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    Also made $$$ in forza 4 and remade my ae86 with super tarbo mr2 engine swap

dat feel when breaking back end loose at 100+mph

Edited:

Sometimes I wonder why the hell my foot has this tendency to floor it when I do something wrong. Maybe it's due to how aggressively I tend to drive.

Cut someone at some stop signs yesterday, couldn't see jack shit in my passenger side window, thought it was my turn, there was nobody when I stopped, so when I engaged, someone was midway, cut them in front, as usual they tend to really stick to you, closely, and then my first reflex was instantly de-activating traction control, and flooring it, all I saw in my back window was dirty sand and snow flying in his windshield, him trying to keep up with me, but failing
    not really related to your post but i thought my friend was behind me so before i peeled out from the last stop before my house I turned on my 4way flashers, Blared on the horn on and off, slammed on and off of the brakes, and then mashed the throttle out of the turn.

Then looked in my rear view while grinning and realized the crv behind me was red. (my friends crv is green)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #737
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,389 Posts
    Oh dear.

oh wow, let the guy have some fun, damnit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

18. Post #738
    November 2008
    1,988 Posts
    I use kijiji fordlord, though I haven't tried the US version out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

19. Post #739
    ~~so trendy~~
    June 2010
    2,483 Posts
    i just drifted my 1991 mercedes 300CE around an iced over parking lot :D

i feel so proud of myself

20. Post #740
    Audio Enthusiast
    June 2006
    2,792 Posts
    oh wow, let the guy have some fun, damnit.
    No, He's going to kill someone because he's an idiot. I went to college with him, he has no sense whatsoever.

Case in point, he got it up to 70 in the college car park.

I don't want him on the same roads anywhere NEAR me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #741
    July 2009
    1,158 Posts
    My altima is pretty low, speed bumps and dips are my nemeses (nemesi?)
    The good thing driving an suv is I can hit them going 40 so I never have to slow down. I got a bit of air once.

22. Post #742
    Can i have a tital Dav0r?
    August 2005
    1,890 Posts
    No, He's going to kill someone because he's an idiot. I went to college with him, he has no sense whatsoever.

Case in point, he got it up to 70 in the college car park.

I don't want him on the same roads anywhere NEAR me.

Snitch
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

23. Post #743
    July 2008
    600 Posts
    Drove a merc sprinter the other day. Can't judge distance for anything behind lol

On that old subject of cup holders, I just made some myself
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

24. Post #744
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,643 Posts
    Let's see...snitch or have somebody get hurt/die because this dude has something he can't handle?

I don't know the guy, but I'd probably snitch too from the sound of it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

25. Post #745
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    http://southjersey.craigslist.org/cto/2786268985.html

I swear if i ever see this truck in a junk yard im finding the motherfucker who put it there.

Edited:

Alfa 164 S
    http://southjersey.craigslist.org/cto/2787652586.html
    maybe

26. Post #746
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,405 Posts
    I love how much it just oozes that you love your car! I feel the same way with my Honda, but it's stocked away for winter, so I can't drive it now :C
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #747
    Dip
    June 2009
    1,042 Posts
    Oh dear.

Most insurers will invalidate the policy even if the car has been slightly lowered. I think that should (when) he crashes that Corsa, his insurers will invalidate his policy, which will lead to him being done for having no insurance too! That guy is a fool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #748
    Streetwise Angel Booksmart Devil
    January 2010
    3,029 Posts
    So, question for you guys, has anyone owned a Toyota MR2 here?

Followup; Do you like the 80's one:

Or the 00s one:

better? Personally I like the 80s models, but they are considerably harder to find.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

29. Post #749
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    I prefer the look of the older one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

30. Post #750
    PLEASE DON'T EAT ME!
    June 2009
    2,896 Posts
    I finally got my first Truck
    1967 F100
    Oh so happy

31. Post #751
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    I finally got my first Truck
    1967 F100
    Oh so happy
    picspicspics

32. Post #752
    PLEASE DON'T EAT ME!
    June 2009
    2,896 Posts
    picspicspics
    It's a pebble beige right now.
    After I move it to work on it I'll take some pictures of it.

33. Post #753
    Bring the Noise!
    January 2007
    2,945 Posts
    Hmm, I'm not really sure how 'top speeds' are defined on cars. Mine is supposed to be 94mph, but i was going 80 the other day and still had at least another 3000 revs left until i red-lined, surely it could go faster then?

Just curious, would probably never attempt it.

34. Post #754
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,159 Posts
    It's a speed limiter usually that is set up on the PCM/ECU.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

35. Post #755
    Bring the Noise!
    January 2007
    2,945 Posts
    Ohh i see. So once i hit that speed, it will sort of not allow the revs to go any higher, even down a steep hill?

36. Post #756
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,595 Posts
    So, question for you guys, has anyone owned a Toyota MR2 here?

Followup; Do you like the 80's one:

Or the 00s one:

better? Personally I like the 80s models, but they are considerably harder to find.
    I actually really like the 90s models, the 00s models are neutered chick cars tbh

Also they are not MR
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

37. Post #757
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,777 Posts
    I actually really like the 90s models, the 00s models are neutered chick cars tbh

Also they are not MR
    they are all MR
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #758
    black people
    April 2008
    3,928 Posts

lolpce
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

39. Post #759
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,593 Posts
    it'd be better if a super asian girl driver stepped out
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

40. Post #760
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,389 Posts
    they are all MR
    I think what he meant was that they're not MR-2s, the MR-S ones.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events