1. Post #881
    Audio Enthusiast
    June 2006
    2,834 Posts
    Lowest quote of 2100 for my picasso with LV.

I'm waiting for my birthday to come up then I'll give LV a ring and be all like "Hey, I'm 20 and I've been driving it for a year without incident any chance of a couple of hundred knocked off? If I pay in full?"
    I want to pay monthly though as It would totally trash what I have saved for that C4 Grand picasso exclusive I want.

Putting a 20 year old female co-worker on dropped it by 100, oddly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #882
    May 2009
    2,872 Posts
    Well well .. i ordered the H7 bulbs and the Headlights at same time .. H7 bulbs came first .. have to wait till tomorrow for the headlights
    >Also if anyone wondering where the bumpers are > I have to go n pick them up
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

3. Post #883
    Dip
    June 2009
    1,042 Posts

I'm waiting for my birthday to come up then I'll give LV a ring and be all like "Hey, I'm 20 and I've been driving it for a year without incident any chance of a couple of hundred knocked off? If I pay in full?"
    I want to pay monthly though as It would totally trash what I have saved for that C4 Grand picasso exclusive I want.

Try adding your parents? (If they drive) Adding my Mum as a secondary driver took 1000 off mine. I'd also recommend paying it off in full, then you have all month to gather up those savings again? Added interest etc.
    But glad to hear you're getting somewhere.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

4. Post #884
    Bring the Noise!
    January 2007
    2,996 Posts
    Funny how adding side drivers lowers the price, i used that trick. They must think the more drivers there are the less time you will be driving it.

5. Post #885
    Dip
    June 2009
    1,042 Posts
    Funny how adding side drivers lowers the price, i used that trick. They must think the more drivers there are the less time you will be driving it.
    But when we tried adding myself to my Mums more valuable, much less powerful car (as a secondary driver), it would of added 1000 to her insurance! Ridiculous. Haha

6. Post #886
    Bring the Noise!
    January 2007
    2,996 Posts
    They use a very strange system indeed. I was tempted to just add all my family members until the price didn't get any lower haha. Just my Mum and Dad on now though and it went down by about 1500 i think.

7. Post #887
    May 2007
    322 Posts
    Fuck yeah, no more roof rack!

Also, roughly how much does it cost to get an iPod connectivity in a car?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #888
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    Dammit, why I can't I be rich.

My friends dad just saved up for this, and got it.

I know it's true, he's been saving for an exotic car since I've met him in 6th grade.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #889
    Dip
    June 2009
    1,042 Posts
    They use a very strange system indeed. I was tempted to just add all my family members until the price didn't get any lower haha. Just my Mum and Dad on now though and it went down by about 1500 i think.
    Nice! Mines 1800, the slight premium being because my car is steeper on insurance (for some random reason).

Edited:

I'd suggest those little radio transmitters, but I'm on my second and they're crap. Weak signal, each up batteries, distorted quality and don't last long.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

10. Post #890
    Audio Enthusiast
    June 2006
    2,834 Posts

~20 If your car had a CD changer option you can sometimes get kits that plug into the OEM radio's CD changer port, if you have controls on your wheel this usually lets you use the controls to control your iPod.
    ~50 Install a cheap head unit with an aux-in or USB port, assuming your car has a standard "DIN" hole it's a fairly easy job.

Otherwise, an FM transmitter can be had off ebay for around a tenner. My experiences with these has been the same as Dip's though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

11. Post #891
    May 2007
    322 Posts
    ~20 If your car had a CD changer option you can sometimes get kits that plug into the OEM radio's CD changer port, if you have controls on your wheel this usually lets you use the controls to control your iPod.
    ~50 Install a cheap head unit with an aux-in or USB port, assuming your car has a standard "DIN" hole it's a fairly easy job.

Otherwise, an FM transmitter can be had off ebay for around a tenner. My experiences with these has been the same as Dip's though.
    I don't have a CD changer but I have controls on my wheel and there is a 'Aux' menu when I go through the sources on the audio system but no cable attachment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #892
    Audio Enthusiast
    June 2006
    2,834 Posts
    Interesting. It may, inexplicably, have the aux in connection on the back?

Might be worth looking through the owners manual for anything to do with the radio.

13. Post #893
    IT WAS ONLY $1 SO WHY NOT BUY A TITLE?
    March 2007
    3,102 Posts
    I don't have a CD changer but I have controls on my wheel and there is a 'Aux' menu when I go through the sources on the audio system but no cable attachment.
    If there's an AUX Menu, chances are there is a plug-in for a 3.5mm somewhere, or a cord that sticks out. Check around the stereo and the glovebox.

Here, a head-unit with iPod Control (Don't have to use iPod to change songs) is around $100-$130. Some come with Free Installation.

AUX Transmitters can be had although some can be pricy (Nearly as much as a head unit for the high quality ones).

There's occasionally some devices that have a cable, I bought a Casette Tape that sends an aux cable out to your device. Worked fine in my old car.

Edited:

Dammit, why I can't I be rich.

My friends dad just saved up for this, and got it.

I know it's true, he's been saving for an exotic car since I've met him in 6th grade.
    You're not rich if you need to save up years and years to get a car. You're rich if you go and pay full price for a car and still have expendable cash leftover.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

14. Post #894
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts

Bro you need to figure out how much it would cost to ship that shit to me

I will pay for it if you do, totally would
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

15. Post #895
    Dip
    June 2009
    1,042 Posts

You seem like you know your stuff Tezzanator. I don't.
    Can you simplify that for me? I have the same problem a Astro.
    I have a non-Hyundai, Sony CD player (2003 Dealer installation). Any help?

16. Post #896
    May 2007
    322 Posts
    If there's an AUX Menu, chances are there is a plug-in for a 3.5mm somewhere, or a cord that sticks out. Check around the stereo and the glovebox.

Here, a head-unit with iPod Control (Don't have to use iPod to change songs) is around $100-$130. Some come with Free Installation.

AUX Transmitters can be had although some can be pricy (Nearly as much as a head unit for the high quality ones).

There's occasionally some devices that have a cable, I bought a Casette Tape that sends an aux cable out to your device. Worked fine in my old car.

Edited:

You're not rich if you need to save up years and years to get a car. You're rich if you go and pay full price for a car and still have expendable cash leftover.
    Just done some research and turns out the car I have doesn't come with the cable, has to be installed separately and can be easily done by taking out the head unit and plugging this cable -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IPOD-MP3-A...ht_1244wt_1396

Sounds simple enough, I just need to figure out how to take the head unit out.

Bro you need to figure out how much it would cost to ship that shit to me

I will pay for it if you do, totally would
    Would cost around 15 for international delivery according to the Parcel Force but that's with me guessing the weight of the two bars. So It could cost more or less but I think it'll be around that much. Seen roof racks for 30ish on eBay, would it not just be easier for you to buy off eBay from a American seller?

17. Post #897
    Audio Enthusiast
    June 2006
    2,834 Posts
    What part do you want to know more about? Any idea what the model number is so I can look it up?
    Anything specific you need/want to know?

CD Changer way:
    For example on my Picasso with the OEM VDO radio I can get one of these and plug it into the cd-changer port on the back, the radio then sees the ipod as a cd changer allowing for full control. Fairly easy job.
    If it's an aftermarket radio that has a CD-Changer/Line-In option, autoleads may have a lead for it

New Radio:
    Speaks for itself? - If the dash doesn't have one of those weird radios that are part of the dash and has a standard "Din" hole (They are about the size of a computer CD drive slot) it's usually just a case of getting an ISO adapter lead for you car.

Checking if your radio already has an aux in:
    Sometimes the makers of these things, in their infinite wisdom, decide to put the auxiliary in on the back of the unit, it's just a case of either pulling it out to check, or looking for a picture on google images of the back. Such as this:

They've got much better, with all this ISO and DIN standardisation. I installed a radio into a classic mini, hell.

Edited:

Sounds simple enough, I just need to figure out how to take the head unit out.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIAT-SCUDO...#ht_743wt_1163
    (I took a guess of your car)

18. Post #898
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    2,140 Posts

How come yours is so high? dodgy postcode or something? my renewal for my FRP is only 800 in a couple months.

19. Post #899
    Audio Enthusiast
    June 2006
    2,834 Posts
    I'm really not sure, it even has my dad on it with 36 years of driving and no claims!

20. Post #900
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    2,140 Posts
    I'm really not sure, it even has my dad on it with 36 years of driving and no claims!
    Yea I put both my parents on and it lowers it quite a lot, but I just remembered why mine is quite low compared, my voluntary excess is set at 1000 the highest it will go

21. Post #901
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Would cost around 15 for international delivery according to the Parcel Force but that's with me guessing the weight of the two bars. So It could cost more or less but I think it'll be around that much. Seen roof racks for 30ish on eBay, would it not just be easier for you to buy off eBay from a American seller?
    Buy one new? Off ebay? That's not a very bro thing to do. :C I could have a sweet previously-AA-member-owned rack. From the kingdom united. Fuck yeah.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

22. Post #902
    Dip
    June 2009
    1,042 Posts
    What part do you want to know more about? Any idea what the model number is so I can look it up?
    Anything specific you need/want to know?

CD Changer way:
    For example on my Picasso with the OEM VDO radio I can get one of these and plug it into the cd-changer port on the back, the radio then sees the ipod as a cd changer allowing for full control. Fairly easy job.
    If it's an aftermarket radio that has a CD-Changer/Line-In option, autoleads may have a lead for it

New Radio:
    Speaks for itself? - If the dash doesn't have one of those weird radios that are part of the dash and has a standard "Din" hole (They are about the size of a computer CD drive slot) it's usually just a case of getting an ISO adapter lead for you car.

Checking if your radio already has an aux in:
    Sometimes the makers of these things, in their infinite wisdom, decide to put the auxiliary in on the back of the unit, it's just a case of either pulling it out to check, or looking for a picture on google images of the back. Such as this:

They've got much better, with all this ISO and DIN standardisation. I installed a radio into a classic mini, hell.

Edited:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIAT-SCUDO...#ht_743wt_1163
    (I took a guess of your car)
    Just how I go about connecting my MP3 to my stereo. Its a standard 1 cd, cd player. I honestly have no idea what kind it is apart from 2003 Sony, and at that age its more than likely not got an aux port at the back has it?
    (This is the bit about cars I really don't know!) Is the only options for me those awful MP3 transmitters/new stereo?

23. Post #903
    May 2007
    322 Posts
    Buy one new? Off ebay? That's not a very bro thing to do. :C I could have a sweet previously-AA-member-owned rack. From the kingdom united. Fuck yeah.
    Haha suppose. Well if you are willing to pay for delivery I'll give/sell you it. But then again selling isn't a very bro thing to do either :P Need to get a rough estimate of its worth.

Also, just as long as your not part of the KKK or one of those redneck that I hear bad stories about :p
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

24. Post #904
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    God, I hate rednecks. I live in the heart of Oklahoma in a hick town and they are...

E V E R Y W H E R E . . .

But yeah, uh, give me a price shipped and all and I'll throw some money in my bank. You have paypal?

25. Post #905
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    I'm excited for the new Dart. It's one of the few cars in the segment that is actually advancing in tech.

It's going to have an Optional 9 Speed automatic. Not even Mercs have those.

Plus the safety features, this would be a great beginning family car:

The new Dart has many safety features, for example: brake assist, brake-lock differential, rainy brake support, hydraulic boost compensation, electronic stability control, electronic roll mitigation, hill-start assist, trailer-sway control, rear backup camera and rear park assist. It has 10 airbags as standard, it also has a reactive head-restraint system, other available systems are blind-spot monitoring and rear cross path detection
    For all of you whining that this isn't a true Dart. No shit, it's a new car. It's still faster around the turns and in a straight line for the R/T that's going to be coming out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #906
    Dip
    June 2009
    1,042 Posts
    I'm excited for the new Dart. It's one of the few cars in the segment that is actually advancing in tech.

It's going to have an Optional 9 Speed automatic. Not even Mercs have those.

Plus the safety features, this would be a great beginning family car:

For all of you whining that this isn't a true Dart. No shit, it's a new car. It's still faster around the turns and in a straight line for the R/T that's going to be coming out.
    But all those fantastic features will come as expensive options that very few will actually choose, no doubt.

27. Post #907
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    Everything from the brake assist to the trailer sway is standard. The rest could be pricey though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

28. Post #908
    Fight until death, shoot until empty.

November 2009
    15,862 Posts
    Going to go look at some more cars later this week. Jeep vs. Ford.

29. Post #909
    July 2011
    1,302 Posts
    talked my dad into helping me pull the engine/trans out of the supra this spring.
    it will give me time to fix all the little things
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

30. Post #910
    I HAVE A ROTARY BECAUSE ITS GODDAMN AWESOME!
    April 2007
    3,146 Posts
    Two engines. 13b. One S4, One S5. One running with a blown oil control ring, one in storage-no idea on condition.

$75 for running S5, S4 free.

Saturday. Waiting on an answer. Booyah.

31. Post #911
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,594 Posts
    Funny vid of a guy pretending to be a speed camera to cheer people up this morning.

[url]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Funny Funny x 10Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #912
    November 2008
    2,079 Posts
    Ararargaragrgagh, drove by the pre '77 Black Warlock again, can't stop thinking about it. It's about a 2 km walk from my house so I'm constantly thinking about walking there but it is pretty cold out. I don't think my dad would be too happy if I bought it though, he hates stepsides and he doesn't like old trucks too much either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

33. Post #913
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Might be picking up a 12a rotary with some sort of gearbox attatched for a project motor.

No idea what I'll do with it but I'll find some use I'm sure.

34. Post #914
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,319 Posts
    Love dat' blue metallic!

dehehe,

Well, now you know how my car looks like :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #915
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,666 Posts
    steelies!

36. Post #916
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    Funny vid of a guy pretending to be a speed camera to cheer people up this morning.

[url]

Oh dear god i would pay to watch a fat cop chase somone wearing that down the streets on foot

37. Post #917
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    2,140 Posts
    Ah god this is going to sound really pathetic but today I went out to do a little experiment with some new polish I picked up and I noticed the mother of stone-chips on my bonnet, I was rather upset to say the least.

Exhibit A: the bastard stone-chip

Now you guys know how spotless my car is and that's because I spend a fair amount of money and time keeping it that way. I even spent 700+ on some 'Armourfend' paint protection film to cover all the areas that need protecting as it had a respray just before I bought it and wanted to keep the paintwork as spotless as I could.

The issue is to do with the Armourfend, basically the entire bonnet is wrapped in the see-through film, the 'bubble' look around the chip is actually the film thats kinda bubbled up a little. I cant get to the chip to touch it up or get it refurbished without taking the entire film off the bonnet, And when its off it wont go back on so I will need to spend another few hundred I expect getting another one refitted!

Exhibit B: Pre-chipgate, poor guy

Dammit!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 8 (list)

38. Post #918
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,646 Posts
    Love dat' blue metallic!

dehehe,

Well, now you know how my car looks like :)
    Sexy volvo :0

39. Post #919
    May 2007
    322 Posts
    God, I hate rednecks. I live in the heart of Oklahoma in a hick town and they are...

E V E R Y W H E R E . . .

But yeah, uh, give me a price shipped and all and I'll throw some money in my bank. You have paypal?
    Alright, I need to gather all the packaging material and take it to the post office to see how much it would cost. How much are you willing to pay in total?

I've got exams next week as well so I'm pretty busy at the moment so it may take me a couple days...and yeah I have paypal.

Damn, my lowest quote was 2100 for a 1.2 Fiat Grande Punto but I'm 17...

Stalled on a roundabout today coming home from school, ouch. I need to take my car to the garage as when I'm doing over 30mph a whistling noise starts coming from the front of the car, hopefully it's nothing too bad (or expensive to fix). Also, the steering wheel alignment is a little bit off, have to keep the wheel at a slight turn to be going straight.

Also, I put 30 worth of petrol in the tank on Tuesday and the needle is already not too far off the point where the low fuel light comes off. I have done like 70miles since Tuesday though.

40. Post #920
    May 2009
    2,872 Posts
    Got my headlights, they are not the best quality but for 100 € ... Well that is ok
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events