1. Post #961
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,664 Posts
    Oh hello

New car (:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

2. Post #962
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Oh hey it's the hunchback of osnabrück

Did you finally get that thing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #963
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,664 Posts
    Oh hey it's the hunchback of osnabrück

Did you finally get that thing?
    Yeah i did, The guy i bought it from had done some modefications to the engine..
    so it has around ~190bhp.... damn it's sweet...
    it has faults though.. yea but it's not a big deal.. it's an easy car to work with, just like my MK2 Golf :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

4. Post #964
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Someone told me you were all excited about it (I forget who. Was it you, Ldesu?), glad to see you finally got it. I myself am waiting for my EG and can't wait until I get that thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #965
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,590 Posts
    I suddenly have funds to do any engine swap to the 86 I want.

Guys, I need something cali smog legal, stat.
    I hate how you have emissions testing there, over here there is none.

Also swap your transmission...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #966
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,593 Posts
    Nice buy there Zotic, love the Corrado. Does much need doing to bring it up to spec?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Show Events

7. Post #967
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,664 Posts
    Someone told me you were all excited about it (I forget who. Was it you, Ldesu?), glad to see you finally got it. I myself am waiting for my EG and can't wait until I get that thing.
    yeah i chat with him alot so was probably him :)

Niiice can't wait to you show it off :D

Nice buy there Zotic, love the Corrado. Does much need doing to bring it up to spec?
    Well a little work needs to be done... i've gotten a SHITLOAD of parts with the car like.. Blue Samco watercooling hoses, and 3 lambda probes, greenstuff brakepads and sports brakediscs..

The things that need to be done is a whole new exhaust system, the right-hand doorlock is busted (someone tried to break in) and the frontbumper is fucked (he told me he drove into a cat with 120km/h ) other than that, it's a sweet ass car.. gives lots of attention... and ladies..

Looks like the plan from page 1 is working so far :)

Edited:

The front

8. Post #968
    Audio Enthusiast
    June 2006
    2,793 Posts
    So I installed a new sony head unit complete with steering wheel controls into a Corsa C today.
    In 30 minutes... Quite proud of that little achievement.

That included being safe with it too, disconnecting the battery at appropriate times and such.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

9. Post #969
    Fight until death, shoot until empty.

November 2009
    15,464 Posts
    Question: If you hit a deer going 55 and your front-end was completely destroyed, would you drive away? Because last night some fucker did hit a deer going 55, drove away, and then someone else called me out to go clean up the mess.

Seriously. I HAD THE COMPLETE FRONT END ALL THE WAY UP TO THE RADIATOR.

10. Post #970
    Dip
    June 2009
    1,042 Posts
    Question: If you hit a deer going 55 and your front-end was completely destroyed, would you drive away? Because last night some fucker did hit a deer going 55, drove away, and then someone else called me out to go clean up the mess.

Seriously. I HAD THE COMPLETE FRONT END ALL THE WAY UP TO THE RADIATOR.
    The thought of deer roaming across roads if a terrifying idea. I've been in two deer-near-misses in America. We don't have that problem in the UK.

Fun fact: In the UK driving test, emergency braking for a cat or dog results in an instant failure. You can still easily pass despite running it over.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #971
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Deer all the time here. Sometimes they chill in our front yard and I see them all the time out back in the woods.

I also see them at least once a month out on the road to my place with the exception of summer months, they are always hiding then.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #972
    Audio Enthusiast
    June 2006
    2,793 Posts
    Fun fact: In the UK driving test, emergency braking for a cat or dog results in an instant failure. You can still easily pass despite running it over.
    What if it is a school kid?
    I had to emergency stop for a school kid running from some parked cars during one of my lessons. I only learnt the technique for it the lesson before. I was faster than my instructor.

He was lucky, I slowed down to 20 because it was outside a school during the usual drop-off time. Common sense.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #973
    May 2007
    322 Posts
    The thought of deer roaming across roads if a terrifying idea. I've been in two deer-near-misses in America. We don't have that problem in the UK.

And that is why the UK driving test is flawed. Too many people that are not ready to be on the roads fluke the test whilst others fail for the smallest of things.

@Bradley - Just to keep you updated, I'm gonna go to the post office tomorrow to ask how much it will cost to ship to Oklahoma and then gather some packaging materials.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #974
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Alright, just so you know, zip code is 74039.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

15. Post #975
    IT WAS ONLY $1 SO WHY NOT BUY A TITLE?
    March 2007
    3,102 Posts
    So I think I've decided to move from a truck to a car. My '96 S10 gets around 18MPG which is less than
    my friend's V8 Celsior gets, and his car is sick compared to my truck (It's a pretty VIP car). I don't use the bed enough to make the mileage worth it, or give it any traction (I can easily spin the tires in the rain) but it's an auto so it's not tire-spin of the fun sort.

I tried manual and loved it so I'm thinking something with a decent engine, V6 or V8. Integras are alright but my friend has a riced out GSR (Carbon Fibre hood, body kit, etc).

What would you guys recommend? I don't want to be a ricer but I'm looking for something that could be nice and had for around $2000-$4000. Problem is that car prices are pretty high here so the only nice cars that can be had cheap are Miatas and ricer civics. I found a nice '02 Stang for $5000 but the only money I have is whatever I can get for my truck, unless I manage to find a trade.

Also: Who else would love to visit Finland? Sounds like the best place on Earth for car lovers, apart from maybe the Nurburgring
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

16. Post #976
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    731 Posts
    the car will be mine tomorrow, it's stock besides the intake, really really clean. But it does have some little dings and dents for a 95'. The quarter panel rust was already fixed and filled in, all it needs is wetsanded. It's a really nice car and worth the money, 120k and just got a new clutch and timing belt. For a first car i'm giddy like a little school girl.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

17. Post #977
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,409 Posts
    ha, zotic, your corrado is silly...
    we had a mk3 golf for a short while with the vr6 with around 210hp... I never got to drive it because there was no taxes paid on it :(

18. Post #978
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    I hate paying taxes for my car. I had to pay a state tax and a county tax, and I still need to pay about $190 in city taxes. Total is about $400, and that's not including the cost of getting my car registered. Not only that, but I also need to get about $120 for transmission fluid, I'm going to be broke soon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

19. Post #979
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    Almost tbone'd some stupid fucker today. I was about 50 feet from the area she was turning (It was a 2 lane road, I was on the right lane, she was on the left lane, turning left to go into a neighborhood.) into, and i was going about 60 mph, just above the speed limit and she turned right in front of me. I slam on the fucking brakes, the rear wheels lock up, i turn out of the way to avoid her, and slide into a ditch. I open the door, get the fuck out, PISSED AS HELL...

...and she had already driven off. I get in, back out of the ditch with no damage thankfully, turn to the road, floor it, and continue on my way :\ Nothing else i could have done...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

20. Post #980
    July 2010
    3,427 Posts
    Evo IX, 350Z, RX-7, RX-8, 370Z (6 speed manual), or a Nissan GT-R?
    I think the Nissan GT-R is a bit too much at about $80,000+turbocharger, intercooler, bodykit (maybe), tires, racing seats, helmet, insurance, ect.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #981
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    needless to say that would have been an absolutely nasty wreck. I have no crumple zones, it's heavy, and doesn't wanna stop. I would have fucking destroyed that little honda...

Edited:

goddammit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

22. Post #982

November 2009
    15,464 Posts
    One of my friends just got T-Boned. Everyone was like "oh shit are you ok" but this one dude was a complete to ass her about it. Seriously, someone was in a car accident. Dont be an ass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #983
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,409 Posts
    Evo IX, 350Z, RX-7, RX-8, 370Z (6 speed manual), or a Nissan GT-R?
    I think the Nissan GT-R is a bit too much at about $80,000+turbocharger, intercooler, bodykit (maybe), tires, racing seats, helmet, insurance, ect.
    don't, stop, turn around, walk away.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #984
    July 2010
    3,427 Posts
    Should of looked for her down the road a bit and got her plate number.

Edited:

don't, stop, turn around, walk away.
    What is this minimum wage workers cars thread?

Not to meaning to offend anyones   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

25. Post #985
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    No its a no ricer faggots allowed thread
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

26. Post #986
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,409 Posts
    Should of looked for her down the road a bit and got her plate number.

Edited:

Not to meaning to offend anyones   

minimum wage workers cars? go fuck yourself.

if you put a body kit on ANY of those cars i'll find you and slit your throat...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

27. Post #987
    July 2010
    3,427 Posts
    minimum wage workers cars? go fuck yourself.

if you put a body kit on ANY of those cars i'll find you and slit your throat...
    Woah buddy, there are some nice body kits for the RX-7's and RX-8's but they're pretty costly so that's why I put maybe there. I wouldn't put a bodykit on a fucking GT-R or 350/70Z
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #988

November 2009
    15,464 Posts
    I am a minimum wage worker. Go fuck yourself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #989
    July 2010
    3,427 Posts
    No its a no ricer faggots allowed thread
    Tuned=/=ricer

Edited:

What's with all this hate going around for :smith:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

30. Post #990
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,409 Posts
    show me one decent bodykit.

31. Post #991
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    What's with all this hate going around for :smith:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #992
    July 2010
    3,427 Posts
    show me one decent bodykit.
    http://www.carbodykitstore.com/mazda...Path=27_53_537 This one is alright imo.

Edited:

Read the spoiler tags

33. Post #993
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,409 Posts
    http://www.carbodykitstore.com/mazda...Path=27_53_537 This one is alright imo.

Edited:

Read the spoiler tags
    ... right... if you consider that decent...

i'm not even gonna bother man.

34. Post #994
    July 2010
    3,427 Posts
    ... right... if you consider that decent...

i'm not even gonna bother man.
    You show me a bodykit that you think is "decent" or "nice".
    We all have our opinions man.

35. Post #995
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,409 Posts
    I can't, because I don't look at bodykits, 98% of them look retarded.

Edited:

this is probably the only kit I'd ever put on my ae86, and even then I doubt I'd put it on.

36. Post #996
    June 2007
    540 Posts
    If you have the cash for a GT-R, be a classy gentleman and buy a used DB9 on ebay or something.

37. Post #997
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    FULLY SIK GRAND AM KITZ
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

38. Post #998
    July 2010
    3,427 Posts
    If you have the cash for a GT-R, be a classy gentleman and buy a used DB9 on ebay or something.
    Ah, AM's are pretty nice but not really my style. DB9's are still pretty fucking fast though.

39. Post #999
    Streetwise Angel Booksmart Devil
    January 2010
    3,030 Posts
    280z bodykit!

WHY
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

40. Post #1000
    June 2007
    540 Posts
    Also, don't be an ass to the guy. If he has the cash for something, let him buy whatever he wants. I'm not a big fan of ricers/bodykits, but it's his money, is it not? I don't appreciate the minimum wage workers comment, but whatever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)