1. Post #1121
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    17,664 Posts
    Since that accident, I'm wondering what's the best recording tool to set up in the car while I'm driving.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events

2. Post #1122
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,664 Posts
    GoPro if you want to spend money.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #1123
    Bring the Noise!
    January 2007
    2,981 Posts
    There's a loose connection somewhere in my car stereo, whenever i hit a bump or anything that will shake the car a little, sound will cut from one speaker and music might go quieter as a result. Then just driving until i hit another small bump the speaker will come back to life. It's really annoying. Any ideas where the problem is most likely to be? The speaker? The stereo/radio system itself?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

4. Post #1124
    IT WAS ONLY $1 SO WHY NOT BUY A TITLE?
    March 2007
    3,102 Posts
    There's a loose connection somewhere in my car stereo, whenever i hit a bump or anything that will shake the car a little, sound will cut from one speaker and music might go quieter as a result. Then just driving until i hit another small bump the speaker will come back to life. It's really annoying. Any ideas where the problem is most likely to be? The speaker? The stereo/radio system itself?
    I'm no expert but I'm just gonna put it out there that nobody here will be able to tell you. The connection to the speaker could be lose, part of the wire could of snagged on something, the connection to the stereo could be bad, the stereo itself could be bad, etc. It's most likely just a loose connection though and if you want, you should check the speaker and stereo wires.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #1125
    Gold Member

September 2006
    8,277 Posts
    So turns out there was almost no fluid in my transmission. Bought a couple of quarts of some generic fluid as a temporary solution until I can get the fluid my car needs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #1126
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,664 Posts

this is the RX7 up at JEI that is getting a miata swap because the owner says the stock engine is too powerful

gets me every fucking time
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #1127
    March 2007
    3,102 Posts

this is the RX7 up at JEI that is getting a miata swap because the owner says the stock engine is too powerful

gets me every fucking time
    too powerful

But seriously, why would you buy an RX-7 and then decide the engine is too powerful? What a waste. I hope someone makes good use of the engine out of it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #1128
    Facepunch Babysitter
    July 2009
    12,384 Posts
    Worst comes to worst, you can try to find a different engine and get it swapped.
    Even then, I'm still set to be under budget for buying a running one, so it's a good deal either way.

So you're 100% sure it's a blown head gasket and not just some symptoms it has that makes it most likely?

On my Golf me and dad thought the head gasket had blown between two cylinders since it wasn't running on those two but it was just the spark plug leads that had been mixed up.
    The guy I bought it from said he heard some noises from the engine and cut it off. When he got home, he ran it to be greeted by a bad noise. So basically I don't think a rod got jammed or anything, so I figure the block is at least still intact.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

9. Post #1129
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,602 Posts
    give me that motor please
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #1130
    February 2005
    17,664 Posts
    Here's my vehicle

and here's the wound OH GOD WHY ME OH WHY WHY ME GOD DAMN

11. Post #1131
    black people
    April 2008
    3,934 Posts
    Here's my vehicle

and here's the wound OH GOD WHY ME OH WHY WHY ME GOD DAMN
    oh my sex

Edited:

not the wound

Edited:

that's the opposite of sex

12. Post #1132
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,602 Posts
    the front end of that thing makes me want one

but yeah i'll tow the truck to your place if you do a full swap
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

13. Post #1133
    February 2005
    17,664 Posts
    oh my sex

Edited:

not the wound

Edited:

that's the opposite of sex
    it's like having sex (metaphorically. my dick is allergic to the exhaust pipe) with the hottest chick ever, but you cannot help but look at her elbow wound

14. Post #1134
    October 2009
    3,525 Posts
    I'm looking for my first car, and why are there so many freaking Mercedes from '83-00?

They are so cheap as well! What the hell is wrong with all of them?

15. Post #1135
    July 2011
    1,302 Posts
    This thread make me rage so much. Jalous of all of you guys who can:
    A) drive their car in the winter (because their projet car is alright in the snow OR because there is no winter in warm places)
    B) Work on their car because of whatever reason.

When I put mine in storage the owners told me it was ok to do mecanics and wrench on it (one of the reason I paid a bit more for THAT storage place) BUT the last time I went there they told me you couldn't and it is written on the contract (didn't read it because they fucking told me it was ok). FFS THEY EVEN BOUGHT A ELECTRIC CORD SO I COULD PLUG A LIGHT TO WORK.

Now I'm counting down the days until I get it out of storage, pull the engine/trans, clean up the mess, change a shitton of shit, put it back in. Install all the goodies, RIDE THE SHIT OUTTA IT.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

16. Post #1136
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,703 Posts
    I'm looking for my first car, and why are there so many freaking Mercedes from '83-00?

I might be wrong on this, but I always thought mid to late nineties Mercs suffered from bad electrical problems.

17. Post #1137
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,083 Posts
    I might be wrong on this, but I always thought mid to late nineties Mercs suffered from bad electrical problems.
    Parts may also be expensive or hard to find.

18. Post #1138
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,692 Posts

19. Post #1139
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    Oh sheezy

we should all buy mustangs and be facestang
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #1140
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,100 Posts
    Well my mustang will be on hiatus. I got a D in math so that means I commited genocide. I have to wait even longer and let that sweet orange one go.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

21. Post #1141
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,613 Posts

Probably maintenance is a bitch, get a volvo.

That is probably why all the BMW 7 Series here are like 2 grand, because maintenance for a year will be double what the car is worth.

22. Post #1142
    March 2007
    3,102 Posts
    Well my mustang will be on hiatus. I got a D in math so that means I commited genocide. I have to wait even longer and let that sweet orange one go.
    Dude, that's nothing. Apparently wanting to go to a city over to buy a 1989 car is committing genocide. My friend who wants to come with me is apparently now a fucking idiot who didn't buy his own car, I'm getting scammed (I'm just going to look at it) and apparently any car older than the one I'm driving is automatically worse and that I'm spending all of my money to go look at this car (It's $25 for walk-on round-trip ROFL). My mom makes so much sense :derp:

I admit the car is a little overpriced but is http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...820176224.html
    worth $500? I don't think so. Plus I talked him down to $3500
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #1143
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Unfortunately, I live in an area where cars are really expensive. There's a perfectly clean KA 240SX up here in Victoria right now for $5200.

The cheapest Skyline I've ever seen around here was $6000. Cars are not cheap here. As a benefit, my truck is worth more than it would be elsewhere, but it also means popular cars are very steeply priced.
    It's mostly because I live in a very tourist-y areas so not many cars are for sale, which makes nice cars even rarer, thus making the price go up.
    $6000 for a skyline of any form?

Expensive?

What fucking planet are you from, that's cheap as FUCK.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #1144
    March 2007
    3,102 Posts
    $6000 for a skyline of any form?

Expensive?

What fucking planet are you from, that's cheap as FUCK.
    http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/pm...813372987.html

There's one for $5300.

All the nice ones are in the 12k-25k range though. And yeah, I admit that 6k is cheap for a Skyline but all the 240SXs here are bone-stock KA automatics for 3k+,
    the only AE86 in the area is riced to hell and is also $3k and most of the late 90s Golfs here are $4000-$6000. A 1990 CRX in Good Condition is $5000.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

25. Post #1145
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,593 Posts
    Since that accident, I'm wondering what's the best recording tool to set up in the car while I'm driving.
    I spent 5 on a dashboard mount for my phone which came with an in-car charger then downloaded a cheap app which records on a 10 minute loop. If you've got a phone with a decent camera then that's a good bet.

Only trouble is that I don't record for the purpose of a crash, more when going out for a good drive so there's a chance I might film me stuffing it into a ditch, if I do then I'll share it with you lot for a laugh, have had a couple of hairy moments but I didn't have the dashmount back then
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

26. Post #1146
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Wow $5300 skyline that runs and everything

fuck you

Edited:

...........why?

Fox body mustang convertibles are bitch cars.....

Ugh....

Seriously man, I love foxes, but what the fuck is up with you and verts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

27. Post #1147
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    I like convertibles

28. Post #1148
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Convertibles are cool and all, but convertible foxes are just bitch cars.

29. Post #1149
    Peng Weed Erryday
    August 2005
    5,120 Posts
    The lighter sockets went the other day (conveniently I was trying to drive home from a city 200 miles away and couldn't fall back on the sat nav).

Turned out to be a fuse, they're behind the glovebox and there's a diagram saying which does what, except it's wrong. It states that F46 is 15amp for lighters but actually f47 is that one. F46 is for the ABS module and is 7.5a. Just a heads up if anyone is changing the fuse for a cigar lighter on a mk1 Ford Focus.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #1150
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,692 Posts
    Wow $5300 skyline that runs and everything

fuck you

Edited:

...........why?

Fox body mustang convertibles are bitch cars.....

Ugh....

Seriously man, I love foxes, but what the fuck is up with you and verts.
    going to fix the transmission and resell it

31. Post #1151
    Audio Enthusiast
    June 2006
    2,827 Posts
    The lighter sockets went the other day (conveniently I was trying to drive home from a city 200 miles away and couldn't fall back on the sat nav).

Turned out to be a fuse, they're behind the glovebox and there's a diagram saying which does what, except it's wrong. It states that F46 is 15amp for lighters but actually f47 is that one. F46 is for the ABS module and is 7.5a. Just a heads up if anyone is changing the fuse for a cigar lighter on a mk1 Ford Focus.
    Fiesta fuse map is a bit skewed too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

32. Post #1152
    Peng Weed Erryday
    August 2005
    5,120 Posts
    I imagine they're very similar. When I pulled the fuse out it didn't look broken. The Haynes manual has the correct list though so it was all good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #1153
    May 2009
    2,845 Posts
    fixed lights
    Got LL Opel H7 bulbs :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

34. Post #1154
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    going to fix the transmission and resell it
    Understandable. Says it's a good platform for V8 swap so I'm assuming it's a fourpot vert? IIRC not many Convertibles were V6, they were either V8 GTs or LXs, or four banger LXs.

On another note, helluva deal on it. There's a ton around here for that price too, which kind of makes me want one. But I can't even afford the $500 Datsun 510 I want right now...

35. Post #1155
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    brap brap

36. Post #1156
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    is this a call out for a skids contest

because you know I am totally game

37. Post #1157
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    we should all get video's of our skid sounds/ engine noisulars yah?

38. Post #1158
    Audio Enthusiast
    June 2006
    2,827 Posts
    I'll get a clip of my diesel... Cold, You'll love it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #1159
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,692 Posts
    Understandable. Says it's a good platform for V8 swap so I'm assuming it's a fourpot vert? IIRC not many Convertibles were V6, they were either V8 GTs or LXs, or four banger LXs.

On another note, helluva deal on it. There's a ton around here for that price too, which kind of makes me want one. But I can't even afford the $500 Datsun 510 I want right now...
    automatic four banger is all i know

40. Post #1160
    Can i have a tital Dav0r?
    August 2005
    1,899 Posts
    I just changed the terminals on my battery, and how my stereo won't let me use it, because honda thinks that there is a point in making you reset the radio with a code every time the battery is unplugged/dies. The problem is, i don't have the code, or the title to the vehicle (yet). FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU