1. Post #1201
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    So I'm gonna skip the Silvia-badge 240SX. The guy let me know that the reason he's selling the car is because he's in debt to the insurance companies and he's got a DUI. That coupled with the fact that he recently painted the car and had it re-carpeted leads me to believe it was previously beat to shit. Also, the Silvia badges look new so either

A: He's very unfucking lucky and JUST got in debt as he finished a lot of work on the car
    B: Fucked up the car so decided to shine it up to sell
    C: Drifted it to shit and then decided to shine it up to sell (Similar to above)

I got a buddy with a clean 240SX with same KM but stock and he's willing to sell for $2500 and that price is negotiable also. Much more within my price range and I can always put money into the car later.

Also, I owe you guys a big heart for trying to convince me to get a manual vehicle. I didn't listen and got an automatic truck. Then I tried driving manual.
    I'm sorry I didn't listen. <3 Can you forgive me?
    The Silvia nose'd 240SX was probably fine. It's probably been painted because he did the front end swap -- Why wouldn't it have been? I really doubt he could have got a silvia nose in the same exact color as the car he was putting it on.

And the badges usually do look new on those... It had a CF hood right? I'm sure he got a new badge just for the hood @_@ I can't remember the car and I'm too lazy to go back and look but I'm not sure why you're so hesitant. If there was damage that would have made any difference at all then you would notice it. Lay on the ground, look at the unibody frame... Bottomed out? Bent? See any damage to the core support? Any damage to the front? Give the body panels a slight knock, you can usually tell when a panel has been repaired with body filler.

Ah, anyways, I hope that's a fresh KA in that S13. I wouldn't be running one with 210k on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

2. Post #1202
    November 2008
    2,081 Posts
    http://bc.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-...AdIdZ341275443

Grrrrr, this is the only short box I can find even remotely close to me, and this one is 6 hours away. It's either I look into getting this or I get that warlock down my road. The main thing I want on this truck would be the box if I got the warlock and I would then be super happy. Anyone know how much it would cost to have a vehicle trailered 576 kms?

I'm having some severe regret right now; when I was looking for my truck, or after I got mine I had looked on kijiji and someone was selling a flat black power wagon with no rust or dents for $1600, short box regular cab. I really wish I had gotten that; I posted a wanted ad to see if anyone had seen it, hope for the best.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

3. Post #1203
    October 2010
    11,597 Posts
    What colour should I choose for this?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #1204
    Can i have a tital Dav0r?
    August 2005
    1,904 Posts
    red.. Is that porsche unleashed?

Edit:

It's cheap because ebay header.

Also, if your catalytic converter is built into the exhaust manifold this WILL eliminate it but not your o2 sensors. It may throw a CEL because of that.

ebay headers are alright, I'd run one on my car. They're not the best but they aren't garbage either. Worth the money.
    The cat is indeed built into the manifold on d17a1 models, but not d17a2. It just seems strange to include holes for the sensors if it would just throw a check engine light. I saw another manifold similar to this one at one point, and it said that the holes were angled or in some spot i can't remember, but it tricked the sensors into reading a false positive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #1205
    October 2010
    11,597 Posts
    Yes.

Edited:

I got hard time on a Factory Driver challenge that tells me to do a 360.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #1206
    Can i have a tital Dav0r?
    August 2005
    1,904 Posts
    I can't even remember what that game was like, it was my first pc game when i was like 6 or something.

7. Post #1207
    October 2010
    11,597 Posts
    Update on the 911.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events

8. Post #1208
    Audio Enthusiast
    June 2006
    2,834 Posts
    Woo, I found the lead for an aftermarket radio in a MK1 Picasso (On-Wheel controls) that preserves the controls:
    Autoleads PC99-212
    Going with a Sony CDX-GT650UI head unit I think.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

9. Post #1209
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    2,140 Posts
    Got the Racing Puma serviced today at OC motorsport, all checked out apart from a rear wheel bearing and a small coolant leak that had dried up. Next is a full Alcon break strip and service.

Oh also I'm booked into another track day next weekend at Bedford Autodrome!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

10. Post #1210
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,651 Posts
    Yes.

Edited:

I got hard time on a Factory Driver challenge that tells me to do a 360.
    I was never able to complete that.

11. Post #1211
    Dennab
    February 2010
    1,404 Posts
    hi, my name is moupi and the only car i will ever accept using is a delorean and nothing else. NOTHING ELSE YOU HEAR ME
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

12. Post #1212
    IT WAS ONLY $1 SO WHY NOT BUY A TITLE?
    March 2007
    3,102 Posts
    The Silvia nose'd 240SX was probably fine. It's probably been painted because he did the front end swap -- Why wouldn't it have been? I really doubt he could have got a silvia nose in the same exact color as the car he was putting it on.

And the badges usually do look new on those... It had a CF hood right? I'm sure he got a new badge just for the hood @_@ I can't remember the car and I'm too lazy to go back and look but I'm not sure why you're so hesitant. If there was damage that would have made any difference at all then you would notice it. Lay on the ground, look at the unibody frame... Bottomed out? Bent? See any damage to the core support? Any damage to the front? Give the body panels a slight knock, you can usually tell when a panel has been repaired with body filler.

Ah, anyways, I hope that's a fresh KA in that S13. I wouldn't be running one with 210k on it.
    The "Silvia" has a stock KA in it at 204k. The upside on this one is I know it's been taken care of
    because it was previously owned by my friend's mom and they have a family member who's a mechanic
    at Nissan so it's been pretty babied. Also, this one is much more within my price range and I've
    already seen it before.

Are KAs unreliable? That's only 130,000 miles. I see lots of people buying cars with 200,000+ miles.
    I'll gladly go look at the car for the $40 it will cost me, but the guy has a ton of debt to insurance and a DUI,
    and the car was recently re-upholstered and painted. I mean, you make a good point that if he put a new back-end and such on it,
    it would need paint but there's always the chance it's been beat to hell and he's just touched it up.

I can always pick-up an SR20DET later. But if this car would be reasonably reliable, I think it's a good buy. It's in my price range and I still owe $1600 on my truck so if I can pay off some of my debt while moving to a car,
    all the better.

On a note, some 91-year old lady was selling an Import SR20DET 180SX in Black with 69000 kms on it for 4k. Someone at the Dealership already snapped it up though. D:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

13. Post #1213
    Audio Enthusiast
    June 2006
    2,834 Posts
    I've seen a xsara picasso with 465,000 miles on it.

Diesel
    V
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

14. Post #1214
    May 2009
    2,875 Posts
    Diesel or Petrol engine ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

15. Post #1215
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,447 Posts
    Just got home from a session with the new Evoque. One of the best looking new cars imo

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)