1. Post #481
    September 2010
    2,898 Posts
    both look fucking brilliant
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #482
    February 2009
    3,556 Posts
    Some nice photos and some nice critics on this page. I went photographing this evening at a local beach with some friends, and after a two-minute exposure i ended up with this. I kinda liked it, but what do you think?
    The coloured one ^
    |
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

3. Post #483
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    5,245 Posts
    I much prefer the coloured version.

I also really like how the metal in the top left mirrors the sky on the right. Very similar in shade and colour. Deceptive (which is always nice to have a photograph trick you), which it lacks in the monotone version.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #484
    February 2010
    105 Posts

I also really like how the metal in the top left mirrors the sky on the right. Very similar in shade and colour. Deceptive (which is always nice to have a photograph trick you), which it lacks in the monotone version.
    Didn't think about that, thanks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

5. Post #485
    January 2008
    1,840 Posts

Until you mentioned that was metal, I thought it was just a darker patch of sky or something.

Like the colored much better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

6. Post #486
    February 2010
    105 Posts
    I've edited some more now

The thing about dusk photography is that the light changes so fast. If your exposures are several minutes long, you'll only get one shot before the light is once again changed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #487
    We're made of star-stuff
    February 2009
    10,266 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Norway Show Events

8. Post #488
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    1,455 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

9. Post #489
    February 2009
    3,556 Posts
    Self Portraits. Meh.

Studying by Wickerman123, on Flickr

Everyday I'm Studying by Wickerman123, on Flickr
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #490
    Glod Member
    July 2010
    4,464 Posts
    Love the colors and light (off camera?) in the first one. However, not feeling the selective and the time stamp on the second.

Edited:

This is a left over from an attempt at something more conceptual that ended up not coming out right. I coaxed some interesting radial out of the 35 (almost MF/Brenizer feel), but besides that this is just same old shit.

-snipped the picture, i hate it-

I've got 3 ~shoots~ lined up within the next 4 weeks, hopefully that will break me out of this idle.

Edited:

My exchange kid is hilarious.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

11. Post #491
    Bopie, am I to expect anything beside self portraits?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events

12. Post #492
    Glod Member
    July 2010
    4,464 Posts
    Self p's just make an easy way to practice for what I want to get into. Work out kinks on my own, have better handle on things when actually shooting (which is a rare opprotunity in these parts).

Don't think I'm not as tired as anyone else of seeing my self over and over, haha.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

13. Post #493
    DD's 10 year old
    April 2010
    17,361 Posts
    Self p's just make an easy way to practice for what I want to get into. Work out kinks on my own, have better handle on things when actually shooting (which is a rare opprotunity in these parts).

Don't think I'm not as tired as anyone else of seeing my self over and over, haha.
    what's going on with your brother?
    take him with you, next time you're going out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

14. Post #494
    Glod Member
    July 2010
    4,464 Posts
    Thanks for the suggestion, though he's lost interest in it. I've tried it a few times but we both agree it just isn't there anymore. He's a lot more busy now that he's in highschool too.

Like I said, I've managed to snag a few girls in the coming weeks. In the meantime I'm focused on developing my technique. I'll probably dial back how much of that junk (like the above) gets posted as it usually doesn't get much feedback other than 'do something else' - which is completely understandable, I'm not trying to argue or anything.

Everything aside, I'll make a note to try to branch out and shoot some other genres.

Oooh and this thread has been on fire with the quality of crits lately.

Keep it up
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #495
    February 2009
    3,556 Posts
    Self Portraits. Meh.

Studying by Wickerman123, on Flickr

Everyday I'm Studying by Wickerman123, on Flickr
    I just felt the picture was lacking something in pure black and white :/

Time stamp is there because it's part of my 365 Day Challenge:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wickerm...7628750470035/

http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1153341

Both photos use the same light setup, a lamp positioned on the table that you can see in the second, I edited out the legs of it because it detracted from the image, and my on camera flash bouncing light of the walls and ceiling.

Edited:

Hence the bright reflection on the book (Flash) and the highlight on the edge of the table (Lamp)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

16. Post #496
    December 2009
    1,750 Posts

Cock by Gentle Doom, on Flickr

Bonus, saw this while walking down the street:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 6Funny Funny x 3 (list)

17. Post #497
    February 2010
    105 Posts
    I think you should consider posting fewer images in your next post. It is hard do give critics to this many pictures at the same time. Being selective, and only posting the best photographs will also make you look like a better photographer.
    Some of these photographs are actually quite good, so keep it up :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

18. Post #498
    churboi austin
    October 2007
    13,240 Posts
    as far as shooting the subjects you did, i think you absolutely nailed it. most pictures i see of exhibited items don't look nice, but you captured some really nice angles with a lot of detail
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #499
    December 2009
    1,750 Posts
    as far as shooting the subjects you did, i think you absolutely nailed it. most pictures i see of exhibited items don't look nice, but you captured some really nice angles with a lot of detail
    Thanks, there was a lot I didn't get to take pictures of that I would of liked though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

20. Post #500
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    1,455 Posts
    I don't see anything wrong with self portraits. Coming from me (and it's practically all i do), bopie's self portraits feature a lot more variety in them than mine ever do/have.
    The detail on the hands are amazing; love this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

21. Post #501
    Glod Member
    July 2010
    4,464 Posts
    I love that detail too. That's the shot that stuck out the most to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #502
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,702 Posts
    also you don't need a timestamp to show its a 365. I think it takes away from the photo itself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

23. Post #503
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    1,554 Posts

Will I Am by millerroberts, on Flickr
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 9Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #504
    Glod Member
    July 2010
    4,464 Posts
    The blown-out-sky works wonders here
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

25. Post #505
    Gold Apple
    December 2011
    5,152 Posts
    My neighbor has that car. His is red.

Holy moley editing that quote with a phone took forever
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

26. Post #506
    November 2008
    1,202 Posts
    I got really bored.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #507
    Penis Architect
    November 2008
    9,838 Posts

Some random cat out by the sea. Creepy eyes.

Just playing with this fancy wireless flash. (I was previously used to having a 40 year old flash that my grandfather owned when he lived)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

28. Post #508
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,981 Posts
    Some of you may remember my friend/model from my photos named Michael, he's taking some pretty neat photos too, loved this one.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

29. Post #509
    DD's 10 year old
    April 2010
    17,361 Posts
    Some of you may remember my friend/model from my photos named Michael, he's taking some pretty neat photos too, loved this one.

does he have a flickr?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

30. Post #510
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,981 Posts
    does he have a flickr?
    Yes, he's very new so be gentle http://www.flickr.com/photos/68845334@N06/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

31. Post #511
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,254 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

32. Post #512
    February 2009
    3,556 Posts
    also you don't need a timestamp to show its a 365. I think it takes away from the photo itself.
    I do.

I want to get all the pictures printed, so having a date on them would make it a lot easier to put in order.

Edited:

Yes I know it's in the exif.

Meet Mr. Lazy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

33. Post #513
    April 2010
    508 Posts
    I finally have a flickr account. From what I understand you can join groups and contacts on there.. does Facepunch have a group?

http://www.flickr.com/people/breemcmanus/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #514
    September 2008
    1,267 Posts
    Yes! Yes! Yes! My card reader was just fixed. I can't wait to post some photos.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #515
    April 2009
    833 Posts
    For bree: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1248673@N23/

And again just experimenting with Lightroom:

16/366 by KayGeeCee, on Flickr
    What do you guys think?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 10Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #516
    April 2010
    508 Posts
    wow.. that looks great kris
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events

37. Post #517
    Glod Menber
    June 2008
    4,518 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #518
    April 2010
    508 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events

39. Post #519
    September 2008
    1,267 Posts
    On my journey through the forest I found this wonderful place. It was pretty cold and the water was slightly frozen, giving it a nice look. It's a snowless winter.

Some of these were supposed to be submited to the winter photography competition.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

40. Post #520
    November 2008
    2,340 Posts
    broke out of a photography double lesson this morning and took a walk through the nearby wooded area with a few buddies, it would be 2 hours of slacking if we didn't. Got some pretty nice stuff in my opinion, please can i get some crit though? much love boys n girlies

kyle - 1 by onesizeonly, on Flickr

kyle - 2 by onesizeonly, on Flickr

kyle - 3 by onesizeonly, on Flickr

kyle - 4 by onesizeonly, on Flickr
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5 (list)