1. Post #401
    About as smart and adept as a pile of turds
    January 2010
    3,464 Posts
    Well, if i ever come across it, ill take it into consideration.
    evike has 30$ ones
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #402
    GOSH FUDGING DARNIT
    January 2008
    7,371 Posts
    look at guides online
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #403
    July 2011
    188 Posts
    Any ideas on what a 1960's USMC recon/sniper load-out? I have the gun(tanaka m40-m24 hybrid thing) and the woodland I need more of an idea on equipment.

4. Post #404
    Guys, i'm in the neighborhood for a new gearbox, hop-up, barrel, and motor for my M16. Any suggestions?

5. Post #405
    YEAH, AND?
    December 2010
    9,476 Posts
    Any ideas on what a 1960's USMC recon/sniper load-out? I have the gun(tanaka m40-m24 hybrid thing) and the woodland I need more of an idea on equipment.
    Late or early 60's? If early go with M51 gear, late go with M61 or M65
    Here's a good resource for equipment and shit http://olive-drab.com/od_military_gear.php

Edited:

Guys, i'm in the neighborhood for a new gearbox, hop-up, barrel, and motor for my M16. Any suggestions?
    Gearbox: whatever
    Hop up: Prometheus, Systema, Guarder
    Barrel: Prometheus, or anything made of steel instead of copper
    Motor: G&P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

6. Post #406
    Jherkin Gherkin
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,198 Posts
    not woodland
    tigerstr erdls or od or spray paint camo ods
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #407
    June 2010
    6,357 Posts
    Buy a new gun, it'll be cheaper.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #408
    Shotgun Guru
    February 2009
    7,223 Posts
    Can anyone recommend me some good iron sights other than the MBUS sights? I am willing to spend a decent amount on them too.
    Get the coolest sights ever, catapult sights:
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_inf...oducts_id=7634
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_inf...oducts_id=7633
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

9. Post #409
    GOSH FUDGING DARNIT
    January 2008
    7,371 Posts
    if your battery dies, you can fling bbs at your enemy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #410
    January 2012
    592 Posts
    Haha. Those look crazy cool. Do you really recommend them though. I don't want to get something that is low profile due to my mask being in the way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

11. Post #411
    Shotgun Guru
    February 2009
    7,223 Posts
    Well they're the same size as any AR sight. Almost all Western sights, excluding flipup sights like the MP7, are the same size as they're designed to work with the AR front sight post.

I'd say they look cool, and when lowered are very low profile. I have no personal experience with them though, they're just the best looking sights ever.

Edited:

if your battery dies, you can fling bbs at your enemy
    Also, you can catch your enemy's BBs no problem and they'll be super impressed.

12. Post #412
    January 2012
    592 Posts
    Well they're the same size as any AR sight. Almost all Western sights, excluding flipup sights like the MP7, are the same size as they're designed to work with the AR front sight post.

I'd say they look cool, and when lowered are very low profile. I have no personal experience with them though, they're just the best looking sights ever.

Edited:

Also, you can catch your enemy's BBs no problem and they'll be super impressed.
    Well. they are interesting so next time i stop by airsoftgi or evike, ill pick up a pair. last time i needed a rear sight, i had to use a friends m4 carry handle to even get a chance at aiming. Only upside to that was the compliments i got from people about having that carry handle on my masada.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #413
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,404 Posts
    Any good German guns in Canada? Specifically a Mauser and Luger? The Luger is to be used as a prop, so It doesn't matter if its not powerful, but my friend does want to use the Mauser.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

14. Post #414
    January 2012
    592 Posts
    Who knows of some good STANAG style mid caps that i can get for my masada? I really am hating the one high cap P-mag that i currently have.

15. Post #415
    YEAH, AND?
    December 2010
    9,476 Posts
    MAG, G&P, or Echo 1. Haven't used the King Arms ones so I can't recommend them

16. Post #416
    January 2012
    592 Posts
    MAG, G&P, or Echo 1. Haven't used the King Arms ones so I can't recommend them
    Ahh. thank you very much. I don't want to buy a box of 10 and realize that they are crap quality.

17. Post #417
    Shotgun Guru
    February 2009
    7,223 Posts
    And if you have issues with a mag, a shot of silicone spray lube will fix up most any midcap.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #418
    January 2012
    592 Posts
    -snip-

19. Post #419
    November 2011
    63 Posts
    Okay I got a question for ye.

Me and a friend have been considering gettin into airsoft for some time, but not on a MOST SERIOUS level.
    Every summer, we and the rest of our friends go camping innawoods and we thought we could get ourselves some AEG's or something for just running around doin 1vs1 or 2vs2 or some shit like that.

What we don't know is what to bet on when it regards the weapon itself, because when the closest civilization is about an hours walk away we'd want something we can use all night.

So what do you propose? Some brands would be good advice too, so that we don't have to ship from the states all over to fuckin' Norway, only to pay 20% more.

Thanks on ahead for any suggestions yo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

20. Post #420
    March 2011
    96 Posts
    my m16 isnt shooting the motor spins but it just clicks when its in the gun i boyght it pre upgrdaed ples help??
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

21. Post #421
    Yanukovich Style
    Dennab
    January 2008
    2,888 Posts
    my m16 isnt shooting the motor spins but it just clicks when its in the gun i boyght it pre upgrdaed ples help??
    gearbox lock up?
    What battery you are using? Try getting a more powerful battery from someone and put it in, press once, if not then don't try again. Usually happens to me when my battery drains and gear stays in half turned position.

Edited:

Okay I got a question for ye.

Me and a friend have been considering gettin into airsoft for some time, but not on a MOST SERIOUS level.
    Every summer, we and the rest of our friends go camping innawoods and we thought we could get ourselves some AEG's or something for just running around doin 1vs1 or 2vs2 or some shit like that.

What we don't know is what to bet on when it regards the weapon itself, because when the closest civilization is about an hours walk away we'd want something we can use all night.

So what do you propose? Some brands would be good advice too, so that we don't have to ship from the states all over to fuckin' Norway, only to pay 20% more.

Thanks on ahead for any suggestions yo
    I don't think it should be a problem if civilization is hours away walking as you say. And if money is not a problem, get lots of good stuff. G&G, VFC and KWA are good ones in my opinion. make sure to get lots and lots of batteries, as you said you go camping? don't think you can find an electric plug in forest or somewhere in field unless you have some kind of generator or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events

22. Post #422
    March 2011
    96 Posts
    gearbox lock up?
    What battery you are using? Try getting a more powerful battery from someone and put it in, press once, if not then don't try again. Usually happens to me when my battery drains and gear stays in half turned position.

Edited:

I don't think it should be a problem if civilization is hours away walking as you say. And if money is not a problem, get lots of good stuff. G&G, VFC and KWA are good ones in my opinion. make sure to get lots and lots of batteries, as you said you go camping? don't think you can find an electric plug in forest or somewhere in field unless you have some kind of generator or something.
    ihave 9,6v battery with deans connector.ihavent shoot it once.

23. Post #423
    Yanukovich Style
    Dennab
    January 2008
    2,888 Posts
    ihave 9,6v battery with deans connector.ihavent shoot it once.
    Is battery even charged? Also did you not test fire it before buying?

24. Post #424
    March 2011
    96 Posts
    Is battery even charged? Also did you not test fire it before buying?
    no i bought it online and its charged i think because motor spinned when i taked it out of gun.

25. Post #425
    Yanukovich Style
    Dennab
    January 2008
    2,888 Posts
    no i bought it online and its charged i think because motor spinned when i taked it out of gun.
    Yeah something wrong with gearbox so, could be something during shipping. If I was you I would either go to some nearby airsoft shop and ask them to repair it or get friends who know about this stuff do it, as I myself always end up fucking up guns. It's not that expensive to do, might even be free if it's just open gearbox .

26. Post #426
    June 2008
    441 Posts
    Do they make railed lower handguards for AKS-74us? I'm not looking to buy one for now, but If there's a low-key, non-TacTicooLOL rail I could attach to mine in the future, I may get one.

Of course the optimal solution would be a Tishina, but I'll keep dreaming about that.

27. Post #427
    August 2009
    6,180 Posts
    Who knows of some good STANAG style mid caps that i can get for my masada? I really am hating the one high cap P-mag that i currently have.
    I'm using King Arms mags in my Masada. Works fine for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

28. Post #428
    GOSH FUDGING DARNIT
    January 2008
    7,371 Posts
    Do they make railed lower handguards for AKS-74us? I'm not looking to buy one for now, but If there's a low-key, non-TacTicooLOL rail I could attach to mine in the future, I may get one.

Of course the optimal solution would be a Tishina, but I'll keep dreaming about that.
    none exist, afaik

Edited:

the tishina, that is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

29. Post #429
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    12,203 Posts
    Can anyone direct me to a decent M16A1-A2? I'm thinking of making a 1980's USGI loadout, once I've got the money. I've already got the BDUs and the web belt/harness.

A steel helmet with covering would also be great.

30. Post #430
    YEAH, AND?
    December 2010
    9,476 Posts
    Can anyone direct me to a decent M16A1-A2? I'm thinking of making a 1980's USGI loadout, once I've got the money. I've already got the BDUs and the web belt/harness.

A steel helmet with covering would also be great.
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_inf...oducts_id=3542
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-ARMY-ISSU...#ht_773wt_1141

31. Post #431
    Premature Joculation
    April 2009
    7,856 Posts
    So since I just discovered a new CQB field in my area, should I purchase a KJW M9 or start a Rossia loadout? Right now I'm thinking I'll get the KJW M9 since my AK is higher than 350 FPS so I wouldn't be able to use my Russian stuff in CQB anyway.

32. Post #432
    YEAH, AND?
    December 2010
    9,476 Posts
    So since I just discovered a new CQB field in my area, should I purchase a KJW M9 or start a Rossia loadout? Right now I'm thinking I'll get the KJW M9 since my AK is higher than 350 FPS so I wouldn't be able to use my Russian stuff in CQB anyway.
    Something more like a Mac-11 would be more practical for CQB

33. Post #433
    Premature Joculation
    April 2009
    7,856 Posts
    I was going to run my CM M4 and use M9 as a sidearm, but KWA M11 doesn't sound like a bad idea either.

34. Post #434
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,673 Posts
    Something more like a Mac-11 would be more practical for CQB
    I completely disagree. I'd rather use a KWA USP by far.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

35. Post #435
    YEAH, AND?
    December 2010
    9,476 Posts
    I completely disagree. I'd rather use a KWA USP by far.
    afaik, the USP has a higher capacity than the M9 though, therefore kinda what I was getting at.

36. Post #436
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,673 Posts
    afaik, the USP has a higher capacity than the M9 though, therefore kinda what I was getting at.
    I was getting more at the general handling of the MAC11 in general. It's much easier to use a USP imo and I find those KWA MAC11s have a lot of internal issues. Literally everyone I've met that has one has had it fixed or it was currently broken.

37. Post #437
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    2,197 Posts
    How convenient, I own both the KWA USP and KWA MAC-11.

GIVE ME YOUR QUESTIONS.

38. Post #438
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,673 Posts
    How convenient, I own both the KWA USP and KWA MAC-11.

GIVE ME YOUR QUESTIONS.
    how many times has your MAC-11 broken? If not, how long have you had it?

39. Post #439
    Premature Joculation
    April 2009
    7,856 Posts
    I would get a KWA USP, but I'm not sure how long it'd take me to acquire $50 more than what I've got now, which is why I said I was going for a KJW M9.

40. Post #440
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    2,197 Posts
    MAC-11 hasn't broken and I've owned it since April. I haven't used it a whole lot though. Just don't pull the bolt back when the safety is on and you won't get pissed off with it.