1. Post #761
    Can anyone help me with this please?
    I honestly cannot think of much that could be, the most likely solution is that yes, the inside of the barrel is flaking out. It's not like they paint the stuff. Contact Evike about it? It sounds weird dude.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #762
    ಥ益ಥ ... Beautiful.
    April 2006
    11,927 Posts
    I just sawed the fuck outta the dboys stock to make it fit my cyma

time to put it back together tomorrow whoopdefuckingdoo

can someone be nice and help me take a picture of the inside part of the stock latch button on their cyma 040 model?

I wanna see the piece on the right and how it's installed within the rifle (obv doesnt look like the actual thing but I was doing it off the top of my head so cut me some slack)

Edited:

I mainly wanna see how the tiny spring is installed within the damn thing

Edited:

yes, you have to take your gearbox out to take a picture of it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

3. Post #763
    POOP DICKS
    August 2008
    4,899 Posts
    The motor is poo and really weak. You'll want toreplace it at some point but it's not totally necessary

@catbarf
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

4. Post #764
    No such thing as overkill.
    January 2007
    7,802 Posts
    The motor is poo and really weak. You'll want toreplace it at some point but it's not totally necessary

@catbarf
    Ah. Might go cheap on a replacement then, I don't really need a high-end one.

5. Post #765
    Shotgun Guru
    February 2009
    7,194 Posts
    Wait, question: Are you planning to make a semi only rifle where trigger response is not important?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #766
    January 2007
    7,802 Posts
    Wait, question: Are you planning to make a semi only rifle where trigger response is not important?
    I'm planning to make a semi only rifle. Assuming trigger response refers solely to the split-second delay between trigger pull and firing, I've never felt a need to minimize it beyond what I can get with a decent motor and not excessively strong spring.

7. Post #767
    Shotgun Guru
    February 2009
    7,194 Posts
    Well as an owner of 2 semi only rifles, I can inform you that its kind of a big deal. You will not be able to effectively hit someone moving or someone who's actively peeking in and out of cover, you'll only be able to hit a static target. And while I don't have much experience with them, I'm not sure a CYMA will be able to get you the great accuracy needed to even out a low trigger response build.

Edited:

Oh and another huge deal is that you'll have a very high chance of accidentally locking up your gearbox if you have a low trigger response.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #768
    January 2007
    7,802 Posts
    Locking up shouldn't be an issue since it does have selective fire capability. I've read that the CYMA M14 in particular has good accuracy, but I don't know if that's good accuracy in general or good accuracy for a $140 gun. I can definitely upgrade the motor, how much I should need to upgrade it is the question.

I'm really not looking for a super-long-range sniper rifle with this, just a battle rifle with a bit more reach and accuracy than the typical M4.

9. Post #769
    Premature Joculation
    April 2009
    7,829 Posts
    WTF I just learned my field doesn't allow DMRs. There's basic AEGs (assault/battle rifles, SMGs), support weapons, and bolt-action sniper rifles. I was all happy about this M14 talk because I kinda wanted one but then I found the terrible truth.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

10. Post #770
    Shotgun Guru
    February 2009
    7,194 Posts
    Locking up shouldn't be an issue since it does have selective fire capability. I've read that the CYMA M14 in particular has good accuracy, but I don't know if that's good accuracy in general or good accuracy for a $140 gun. I can definitely upgrade the motor, how much I should need to upgrade it is the question.

I'm really not looking for a super-long-range sniper rifle with this, just a battle rifle with a bit more reach and accuracy than the typical M4.
    My main concern is your battery selection, you basically need an 11.1v lipo to be competitive against full auto weapons.
    As was posted previously: http://eliteairsoftbatteries.com/ They're far cheaper than standard NiMH batteries in addition to being infinitely better.
    Also, the fact that you're keeping your M14 select fire will save you a lot of trouble, good on you.

WTF I just learned my field doesn't allow DMRs. There's basic AEGs (assault/battle rifles, SMGs), support weapons, and bolt-action sniper rifles. I was all happy about this M14 talk because I kinda wanted one but then I found the terrible truth.
    I've never played anywhere with specific DMR rules, most places that have any sort of benefit for semiauto weapons allow you to use it at sniper rifle fps limits with the sniper rifle minimum engagement distance.

11. Post #771
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    4,584 Posts
    I just sawed the fuck outta the dboys stock to make it fit my cyma

time to put it back together tomorrow whoopdefuckingdoo

can someone be nice and help me take a picture of the inside part of the stock latch button on their cyma 040 model?

I wanna see the piece on the right and how it's installed within the rifle (obv doesnt look like the actual thing but I was doing it off the top of my head so cut me some slack)

Edited:

I mainly wanna see how the tiny spring is installed within the damn thing

Edited:

yes, you have to take your gearbox out to take a picture of it
    that would be tough, as there's loctite all over the gun, preventing it to be taken apart for the most part ;x

12. Post #772
    January 2007
    7,802 Posts
    My main concern is your battery selection, you basically need an 11.1v lipo to be competitive against full auto weapons.
    As was posted previously: http://eliteairsoftbatteries.com/ They're far cheaper than standard NiMH batteries in addition to being infinitely better.
    Also, the fact that you're keeping your M14 select fire will save you a lot of trouble, good on you.
    I have a friend who uses a RS SVD with an 11.1, I might be able to borrow it to try out before jumping into LiPos myself. He has had issues with the gearbox locking up, I wouldn't use full auto with an M14 (it just seems wrong) but I imagine it'd be useful to have the functionality just to be able to fix it.

13. Post #773
    POOP DICKS
    August 2008
    4,899 Posts
    You'll need it with the stock motor

14. Post #774
    Shotgun Guru
    February 2009
    7,194 Posts
    I have a friend who uses a RS SVD with an 11.1, I might be able to borrow it to try out before jumping into LiPos myself. He has had issues with the gearbox locking up, I wouldn't use full auto with an M14 (it just seems wrong) but I imagine it'd be useful to have the functionality just to be able to fix it.
    Does he know about the unlock lever with the SVD? V2 and onwards RS SVDs have an unlock switch that lets the gun fix a semi auto caused jam, which is also available as a very cheap and easy to install part. The way it works is that above the mag release there's a small lever, that when you hit it shoots the gun in full auto. As it can only be activated with the magazine out, its a perfect system.

If you do decide to go into lipos here's what you need:
    http://eliteairsoftbatteries.com/pro...nchuck-2n.aspx
    http://eliteairsoftbatteries.com/pro...ipo-packs.aspx
    http://eliteairsoftbatteries.com/pro...o-charger.aspx
    For like $65 + shipping, you get the best setup possible, or you can swap that battery to a lower level 11.1v 15c and take it down to about $40 total.

15. Post #775
    Dumpster Duke
    July 2009
    12,339 Posts
    I was thinking about getting a
    http://www.amazon.com/Tru-Spec-Tacti...6738571&sr=8-4
    but I wasn't sure cause I heard they fade like fuc.
    this one is 50/50 nylon cotton material.
    buy or no

Edited:

or just buy the grabass bag
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...n=&s=&v=glance

16. Post #776
    April 2009
    664 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

17. Post #777
    Captain Armed Dildo, Master of Ratings
    February 2011
    5,468 Posts
    Get full seal goggles? They've got backstraps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

18. Post #778
    ಥ益ಥ ... Beautiful.
    April 2006
    11,927 Posts
    that would be tough, as there's loctite all over the gun, preventing it to be taken apart for the most part ;x
    wat, I just took it apart myself fine :I

19. Post #779
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    4,584 Posts
    wat, I just took it apart myself fine :I
    I can't even get my flash hider off, lol. Probably going to ask ender to do it for me with his tools sometime in the future. I have a CYMA .047D.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #780
    ಥ益ಥ ... Beautiful.
    April 2006
    11,927 Posts
    ohhh I see

I was talking about the gearbox area which comes off fine

Edited:

for my 040 anyway

21. Post #781
    Garry #2 - Electric Boogaloo
    January 2011
    351 Posts
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_inf...oducts_id=4989 what are your opinions on this? I always loved the galil.

Or this? http://www.evike.com/product_info.ph...ducts_id=30440

I love sigs to

22. Post #782
    YEAH, AND?
    December 2010
    9,473 Posts
    I hear the Galil is quite nice. I'm not sure if it accepts AK mags though, so you might be stuck with expensive proprietary mags.

The ICS SIG is far superior to the Galil imho

23. Post #783
    December 2009
    13,261 Posts
    If I were you I would buy the ICS Galil over the Cyma Galil. I think The ICS accepts AK mags while the Cybergun does not because it`s a clone of King Arms and will therefore only take the King Arms Galil mags.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #784
    January 2011
    351 Posts
    I hear the Galil is quite nice. I'm not sure if it accepts AK mags though, so you might be stuck with expensive proprietary mags.

The ICS SIG is far superior to the Galil imho
    I dont know what to buy :( The galil is damn cool but the sig will have better performance. Also does the Galil have pot metal?

25. Post #785
    December 2009
    13,261 Posts
    I dont know what to buy :( The galil is damn cool but the sig will have better performance. Also does the Galil have pot metal?
    I'm pretty sure the Cyma one is pot metal. Although it might be steel. Just buy this one instead. Real wood and I know for sure is full steel.
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_inf...oducts_id=6805
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

26. Post #786
    Captain Armed Dildo, Master of Ratings
    February 2011
    5,468 Posts
    Well, try ICS Galil. As far as I know, ICS is usually great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

27. Post #787
    January 2011
    351 Posts
    I'm pretty sure the Cyma one is pot metal. Although it might be steel. Just buy this one instead. Real wood and I know for sure is full steel.
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_inf...oducts_id=6805
    If i got one I would get the AR version. A lot more sexy IMO. And Evike doesn't have the one I want in stock, and Evike is so far the cheapest by far. Especially with that 19% off coupon.

28. Post #788
    your all nerdes
    November 2007
    13,805 Posts
    ics is a mixed bag imo

mine and a few other people i know's ics ars broke and their aks are hit-and-miss as far as i can tell
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

29. Post #789
    January 2011
    351 Posts
    If i got one I would get the AR version. A lot more sexy IMO. And Evike doesn't have the one I want in stock, and Evike is so far the cheapest by far. Especially with that 19% off coupon.
    Fuck no nevermind the ARM version is much more sexy

30. Post #790
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    4,584 Posts
    ICS galil does take AK mags.

31. Post #791
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    2,771 Posts
    I have the ICS Sig551 and for the most part I like it though the handguard is wobbly, folding stock feels a bit cheap but other than that its nice. Though magazines are a pain to find/buy its either high caps or low caps, rate of fire is pretty good with a 9.6v.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

32. Post #792
    January 2011
    351 Posts
    It is settled. I shall buy this http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=33110
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

33. Post #793
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    12,424 Posts
    dunno that much about bb's cause I've only been using BB Bastard but my team is doing a group order with airsoft-club and we're getting a discount, so tell me which of these brands are good!!
    http://airsoft-club.com/shop/batteries-bbs-gas/6mm-bbs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

34. Post #794
    January 2012
    270 Posts
    Anyone know where to buy Chinese Type 07 Woodland camo? Can't seem to find it using google, also does any more common camo look similar?
    One on the left
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

35. Post #795
    net
    January 2012
    529 Posts
    dunno that much about bb's cause I've only been using BB Bastard but my team is doing a group order with airsoft-club and we're getting a discount, so tell me which of these brands are good!!
    http://airsoft-club.com/shop/batteries-bbs-gas/6mm-bbs
    i use KSC

36. Post #796
    your all nerdes
    November 2007
    13,805 Posts
    golden balls are p coole too

37. Post #797
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    4,775 Posts
    HAILSTORM BB's!!! Wait fuck... They don't sell tehm at airsoft-club.

38. Post #798
    your all nerdes
    November 2007
    13,805 Posts
    speaking of hailstorm

today during a game it started hailing in the ~6mm range

dear god it felt like someone dumped a rice bag of bbs from a helicopter a few thousand feet up on all of the field
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

39. Post #799
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    4,775 Posts
    speaking of hailstorm

today during a game it started hailing in the ~6mm range

dear god it felt like someone dumped a rice bag of bbs from a helicopter a few thousand feet up on all of the field
    I made it rain BB's on saturday, G&P m120 and a 9.6 = white rain.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #800
    like..dude..nevermind....fuck
    July 2011
    4,615 Posts
    that would be p. bitchin with akm or ak74 bakelite mags
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)